PDA

View Full Version : Itching head and hair loss

Cupofmilk
August 12th, 2010, 01:17 PM
I am having another major shed and my head is very very itchy.
I have tried SLS free but still itchy, I tried CO and that was much worse.
I do sometimes oil my scalp with coconut oil.

I really dont' know what to do. To be honest, I feel so depressed with loosing more hair when it is so short. I dont' think I am ever going to feel happy until it is has grown back those 18 inches. But with this sort of shed and itching I don't think it will grow

little_cherry
August 12th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hmm...have you tried Apple cider vinegar rinses (2tbs acv in 2 cups of water)? I had the same problem, but decided to add monistat to my routine...my scalp is no longer itchy.

I would probably avoid oiling the scalp with coconut oil as that can contribute to shedding if you already have a shedding problem.

Cupofmilk
August 13th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Thank you. Good suggestion. I bought some recently and can't find it. I had better go off and searc for it

RecklessCharlie
August 13th, 2010, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry you're experiencing this :( The ACV rinse is a great suggestion - it really helped balance my own scalp.
May I ask what your diet/nutrition is like? Because no matter what we put on the outside of our hair, the main health of it is affected from the inside of our bodies. Lots of water, good natural foods and staying away from processed foods and sugars, soda, candy etc., can greatly improve hair health.
Hope you find a solution soon!