PDA

View Full Version : Ponytail Help

beez1717
August 12th, 2010, 09:42 AM
So today i just put my hair into a ponytail again and I was wondering what other ways (after doing the ponytail) would help keep the hair out of my eyes. I want something that doesn't look TOO girly but I could do something that IS girly if you know what I mean. I just want to figure something out. Knowing that I have thick hair that could help you folks out in figuring out what I could use best.

I know that some hair in my eyes is going to happen, but getting the least amount in my eyes would be great! Anyone else have this issue?

pinkbunny
August 12th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Have you ever tried the caterpillar? I see lots of bikers wearing that style, so it's not "girly" at all... lol

You can also do the variation where you start high up and add in sections of hair (sort of like french braiding) which would keep shorter hair out of your eyes - there's lots of examples in forum albums, yellowchariot is the first to come to mind...

apynip
August 12th, 2010, 09:51 AM
i know that putting your hair half up half down is pretty unisex and you can do that one at most lengths.

um... pin back your fringe works too I dont know how long your hair is so its sorta hard to say.

hope that helped though! :)

karenpetal
August 12th, 2010, 09:51 AM
I usually don't do ponytails anymore but try high up pony or even a pony with knot or flipped in - will dig for some pictures and post !!

What do you currently use elastic bands or scrunchies ?

kmoc123
August 12th, 2010, 10:35 AM
I put MY GUY's hair in a half up and he really like that...ME TOOO!!!

Tabihito
August 12th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I don't know how long your hair is, or what part of it you're trying to keep out of your eyes. If it's bangs, you could try a sort of headband, like this (http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5357275/2/istockphoto_5357275-man-wearing-a-headband-blowing-smoke-from-mouth.jpg) or a thinner elastic one, probably dark-colored, like you might see on a soccer/football player.

If the ponytail itself is somehow getting into your face, you could try braiding it.

little_cherry
August 12th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I like the way a Dutch or Mohawk braid looks on a guy. It keeps hair out of your eyes, too.