PDA

View Full Version : hair type me please? *pics*

Phexlyn
August 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Hi everyone :D,
so I managed to take some pictures of my hair today and thought you might help me to type it. I usually say I have 1a/1b hair, but I'm not so sure anymore since I actually discovered that the ends start to spiral curl in a way... well a very stretched-out way, but it's definitely wavy/spirally.
I hope you can help me find out what my hairtype really is.

All pictures were taken after doing shampoo + condition (what I do to my hair most of the time; I clarified like 3-4 washes ago) and just a bit of towel patting. I did not comb or fingercomb before the hair was completely dry, I just pushed the shorter bits on the sides behind my ears occasionally.

So here are the pictures! :)

Uncombed length

Uncombed front

Uncombed ends

Combed length

Combed front

Combed shot down the length

All pics are in my album.
TIA :flower:

Wanderer09
August 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Looks like a 1c to me, since I see some wavies at the ends!

apynip
August 12th, 2010, 09:26 AM
1c for sure. :) your wavies are pretty by the way

Maddy25
August 12th, 2010, 10:02 AM
I love the way your hair looks in the front and how it lightly waves arounf your face :)

spidermom
August 12th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I'll agree with 1C since they comb out so thoroughly. Pretty spirallies.

mariika
August 12th, 2010, 02:17 PM
wavy, fine, and you-should-really-cut-this.

pepperminttea
August 12th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I'd say 1C, some definite wavies at the ends.

It looks like mine when I comb during drying. :)

GlassEyes
August 12th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I would say you're a bit more than 1c. Though the comb-out is straight, it seems wispy. I'd guess you're probably a long 2a or 2b, and the weight plus combing stretches it out.

tinti
August 12th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I'd say 1c/2a/F/M

MissManda
August 12th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Your hair looks a bit similar to mine if I leave it alone and don't touch it while it dries. You're a 1c to me. :)

I used to think I was a 1a hair-type, too. I was so happy when I discovered my wavies and I am glad that you have discovered yours! :flower:

MissManda
August 12th, 2010, 03:13 PM

I don't think that's terribly kind for you to say. :(

Sammich
August 12th, 2010, 03:18 PM

Agreed.

Beautiful beautiful wavies, I'm thinking 1C/2A. :) Your waves are so lovely, I'm envious! ^_^

TinaDenali
August 12th, 2010, 03:21 PM

Agreed, as well.

Phexlyn, your hair looks lovely. I'm terribly at typing, so I'm no help there, but you have a gorgeous head of hair! I love your ends.

tinti
August 12th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I second that as well. You have lovely wavies!

twilight_faerie
August 12th, 2010, 03:42 PM

Wow, that's rude.

I'm gonna agree with Sammich and say 1c/2a.

Phexlyn
August 13th, 2010, 01:18 AM
1c for sure. your wavies are pretty by the way
Thank you, apynip! :)

I love the way your hair looks in the front and how it lightly waves arounf your face
That's growing out bangs, the longest bits are a tad short of collarbone now. Most of the time they get on my nerves, so it's nice to be reminded they do look good - thank you! :D

I'll agree with 1C since they comb out so thoroughly. Pretty spirallies.
Thanks, spidermom, I was so surprised when I realised I had spirally ends :cheese:

I did not ask for an opinion on cutting, thank you.

I used to think I was a 1a hair-type, too. I was so happy when I discovered my wavies and I am glad that you have discovered yours!
The same here, although I'm not so sure what to do with them now... but I'm sure we'll get along fine very soon :)

Phexlyn
August 13th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Beautiful beautiful wavies, I'm thinking 1C/2A. :) Your waves are so lovely, I'm envious! ^_^
Thank you, Sammich! Maybe your hair will develop a deeper wave as well as it gets longer? :flower:

Phexlyn, your hair looks lovely. I'm terribly at typing, so I'm no help there, but you have a gorgeous head of hair! I love your ends.
Thank you! I really like your avatar, btw :flower:

I second that as well. You have lovely wavies!
Thank you, tinti! :)

:blossom: Thanks everyone for their hair typing opinion, since it's 5 votes for 1c and 4 votes for 1c/2a, I'll stick with 1c for now.

Katze
August 13th, 2010, 02:44 AM
hello hairtwin! Your hair looks so much like mine! If you have spirals, that definitely means you are a wavy, and I can see clear waves all over (had to go to your album as the pics did not show up in this thread).

For my hair, I have to average the straighter, finer top hair with the coarser, wavier underlayer, so I say 2a, since my hair ACTS like wavy hair.

Your hair is really pretty, such a lovely color. How long have you been growing to get it that long?!? I am a trimmer so I do not have your fairytale ends nor your length, still at BSL cause I am trying for blunt(er) ends than nature likes to give me. :D

I bet if you CO or WO washed for a while your spirals would come out even more.

Phexlyn
August 13th, 2010, 03:27 AM
Yay I have a hairtwin! :cheese:

The spirals are only on the ends of my hair, but maybe that will change if I can get a thicker hemline? My hair is somehow wavier when it's longer.

Your hair is really pretty, such a lovely color. How long have you been growing to get it that long?!? I am a trimmer so I do not have your fairytale ends nor your length, still at BSL cause I am trying for blunt(er) ends than nature likes to give me. :D

Thank you, Katze :)
I think I should admit by now that the colour is not completely natural, I use cassia/henna glosses to enhance it :D
I've always had longish hair (BSL to waist) except when I was in grade 5 and decided I wanted a bob. I regretted it after a couple of weeks, and ever since it's been longer than BSL, but I didn't know how to take care of it. I'm actively growing and learning about hair care for about 4 years, maybe?
Now I'm trying for blunter ends as well :flower:

Katze
August 16th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Yay I have a hairtwin! :cheese:

The spirals are only on the ends of my hair, but maybe that will change if I can get a thicker hemline? My hair is somehow wavier when it's longer.

Thank you, Katze :)
I think I should admit by now that the colour is not completely natural, I use cassia/henna glosses to enhance it :D
I've always had longish hair (BSL to waist) except when I was in grade 5 and decided I wanted a bob. I regretted it after a couple of weeks, and ever since it's been longer than BSL, but I didn't know how to take care of it. I'm actively growing and learning about hair care for about 4 years, maybe?
Now I'm trying for blunter ends as well :flower:

aha, OK! Henna/cassia makes sense, hence the golden hues.

My hair is also wavier when it gets longer. I have an extra wavy undercanopy (ringlets) that is only now growing out for the first time in my life (post baby hormone changes?). It is wavier than it has ever been, but I am using 'cones a lot which subdue my waves.

Oh, so you are a lifetime longhair, even if you are not a lifetime LHCer! :D This is the first time I have ever had long hair, and I have been at BSL forever since I am trimming the seethrough ends. But now I am SOLID BSL, instead of just the tips.

Do you use leave-in? I find daily application of Fox'S shea butter to help a lot, and I miy it with hair gel on days I wake up wavy so that my waves stay. It is the easiest and best leave-in I have found, though I do like Goth Rosary (lighter for fine hair). Misting worked OK too but is too much hassle, and too cold/damp for our climate here.