PDA

View Full Version : hair trimming

Ricky22
May 18th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Theres somethin I just thought about....

ya know that thing they say about trimming hair helping with growth? I think their could be some credibility to it, my mom made me get my hair trimmed last week....honestly that barber took off too much hair but it feels like my hair is growing back already and its only been a week....I been messin with hair growth products since I freaked when I saw how much hair he took off :mad: :(....but my fro could grow back even bigger this time, its already a decent size now

do ya'll feel like trimming at times can be a good thing? despite giving up length

heres my fro while its picked out and I attempted to comb it

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/Warrior600/STA60177.jpg

akiss4lexie
May 18th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Hi Ricky.. Yeah I definitely feel like that's true sometimes.

Usually when I trim, I find it grows back super fast in a week or two. But not always, I guess.. last November I trimmed off some bad ends, hoping it would boost the growth, but instead my hair stopped growing for like 2 or 3 months, which sucked. :undecided I think it was just cuz my hair grows slooowly in the winter.

Anyways, your fro looks pretty good! Just out of curiosity, what hair growth products have you been trying?

Gumball
May 18th, 2008, 10:39 PM
The 'fro looks great as always! The perk to trimming besides to keep your hair looking neat and even (depending on what you're going for) is that if the ends are damaged for whatever reason it trims that off. If the hair gets too damaged sometimes it can break off. If you trim off the damage then the ends aren't as likely to break. The hair grows from the root so your growth rate will always be maintained at a relatively stable speed with some experiencing speed increase and stalls at some moments and/or seasons. Hope that helps!

Ricky22
May 18th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I feel ya on that Miss

I been using Doo Gro and Triple Gro heres what they look like

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/Warrior600/doogroMEGA.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/Warrior600/teatreegro201.jpg

GlennaGirl
May 18th, 2008, 10:54 PM
Ricky, I don't know the answer to your question but I just wanted to say you look fantastic!

Ryzen
May 18th, 2008, 11:13 PM
Reality is, trimming doesn't make the hair grow any faster.

By trimming your hair, your getting rid of dead ends/split ends (that are usually very damaged, dry, brittle, thin, etc.) So cutting those buggers off your letting your hair 'breathe' a little and it will grow in more evenly, thus making it seem like you have more hair growth...but that's only because your giving healthy ends a chance, so it looks longer/fuller.

Nynaeve
May 18th, 2008, 11:42 PM
The fro is looking awesome, btw.
Idk if I would say that trimming makes my hair grow faster, it seems to make it grow slower usually.
I used triple gro for a long time, don't remember why I stopped, probably some ingredient... hmmm.

Glad it's working or you, and the hair looks so happy. :)

Ricky22
May 18th, 2008, 11:47 PM
thanks ladies :)

Ricky22
May 19th, 2008, 04:42 AM
so how ya'll been?

spidermom
May 19th, 2008, 07:56 AM
We've been missing you because you haven't been around ... what else? haha

I got a trim in March and my hair went into ultra-fast turbo grow. In fact, it's still going on. I can practically watch it get longer while I'm looking in the mirror.

spidermom
May 19th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Oh, and that fro is coming along, looking good.

jojo
May 19th, 2008, 09:34 AM
wow ricky your hair is growing along nicely, looking good. missed you on the boards hope your ok, and yes i also think a small trim encourages growth. x

Ricky22
May 19th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I missed ya'll ladies too most of ya'll always been nice to me

Ricky22
May 20th, 2008, 07:24 PM
so wassuppp

spidermom
May 20th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Nothing but dictation and more dictation to listen to and transcribe. I hate this computer. I want to kill it!

Ricky22
May 20th, 2008, 09:01 PM
lol just slap it a few times