PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

talula_fairie
May 18th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Hi! I'm new here.

I've probably dyed my hair every color under the sun. In the most recent years it was long and dark (either dark brown or later, black). It looked great, but black hair dye is such a pain, and I knew I couldn't go much further than bra-strap length before it started to get too damaged.

Finally I got sick of dying it, cut it ALL off...and I mean, I cut it ALL off (I donated it). I had it dyed back to my natural color (well, as close as she could get, anyway). And then I continued to cut it until all the dyed stuff was cut off. I started this in November and finally in April all the dyed parts are cut off. I'll probably keep trimming the back as the sides grow so that I don't end up with A Mullet Of Doom.

I want to grow it out to be about mid-back length, to my waist or so. I have really coarse (according to hair dressers, it's very thick) slightly wavy (2a) hair. Oh, and I have a TON of it (iii). The biggest problem I have with it when it's long is that it hurts my scalp to braid it or put it up because it's SO HEAVY. It also takes about 8 + hours to dry on it's own, or at least 15-30 minutes under the blow dryer (which I probably had better not use if I want it to be really long). I'm a chronic washer-too, though I use SLS free shampoo (Dr. Hauschka).

Well, that's all the info I have for now. I'm happy to join and learn some new tricks for when it does finally get long (uh, in about four years LOL).

AJoifulNoise
May 18th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the LHC! :flower:

justgreen
May 18th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Hi and welcome to the boards!

Sounds like you need a good micro fiber towel!

talula_fairie
May 18th, 2008, 11:52 PM
You think a microfiber towel would work for when it gets long? I mean, right now it dries in about a half hour or less, but it's incredibly short (and the only reason it's not poofy is that the hairdresser spent an hour texturizing it, lol). When it's long it's VERY thick, plus there's a ton of it http://farm1.static.flickr.com/117/308298565_5ed645ef3f_o.jpg (that's blown straight, it's actually pretty wavy).

Oh, and I have a question: Is there anything I should be doing for it now? I mean, my hair is a little short to condition wash condition. I use a gentle shampoo, I shampoo once, and then put conditioner all over it. Seems to be working fine, actually my hair is better than it's been in years...finally healthy again. I also wash every day. Should I not?

Islandgrrl
May 19th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Welcome to you! That is some gorgeous hair you have!

Rebelkat
May 20th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Welcome to LHC! :flowers: I wish I could answer some of your questions, but I honestly have no idea what would work for your hair b/c I'm not the same hairtype as you. Having short hair, you may be able to go a little longer between washes until you reach that just long enough for the oils to cause it to seperate but not long enough to put up stage. It could be beneficial for your hair, although you won't know until you try it. Good luck growing!