PDA

View Full Version : where exactly is midback?

Marjolein
August 11th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Now that I'm getting very close to BSL, I start thinking about the next step - midback. But where exactly is midback to be found? Is it at the widest point of the rib cage? In another place entirely? Someone please, enlighten me :sun:

RachelRain
August 11th, 2010, 02:55 AM
Now that I'm getting very close to BSL, I start thinking about the next step - midback. But where exactly is midback to be found? Is it at the widest point of the ribcase? In another place entirely? Someone please, enlighten me :sun:

I always assumed it was the base of your sternum, but in the back. (if that makes any sense.)

julliams
August 11th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Well it would be one and the same as BSL wouldn't it? But to me since we already have BSL, midback to me is between BSL and waist - that huge expanse that I'm trying to get through at the moment.

RachelRain
August 11th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Well it would be one and the same as BSL wouldn't it? But to me since we already have BSL, midback to me is between BSL and waist - that huge expanse that I'm trying to get through at the moment.

Hm... you're right. Cool!

Marjolein
August 11th, 2010, 03:32 AM
Sooo, there isn't an exact location for midback? I'll just make one up then. Midback can be found exactly between the two floating ribs. There, I have spoken :magic:.

LILBERT
August 11th, 2010, 06:04 AM
i always thought it was just, anywhere between BSL and waist. :confused:

Joliebaby
August 11th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I was thinking at the half way point between shoulders and hip.. haven't actually measured where that is on my body. But yes, halfway between BSL and waist sounds good :)

Konstifik
August 11th, 2010, 06:31 AM
I agree with some of the previous speakers, I think midback is somewhere between BSL and waist. Or that's at least where I've always thought it was. :D

jasper
August 11th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I was going to say "right behind you." ;)

I think it isn't an exact location, but a range.

Marjolein
August 11th, 2010, 06:32 AM
I was thinking at the half way point between shoulders and hip..

I just measured where that would be for me: 1 cm below BSL :D.

Night_Kitten
August 11th, 2010, 06:33 AM
As far as I know, there are 2 main versions on LHC - one is that midback is the same length as BSL, and the other is that midback is half-way between BSL and wais...
As to which one is the correct one - I have absolutely no idea... :o

Marjolein
August 11th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I was going to say "right behind you." ;) .

Haha! Well, question answered then :cheese:.

Marjolein
August 11th, 2010, 06:37 AM
As far as I know, there are 2 main versions on LHC - one is that midback is the same length as BSL, and the other is that midback is half-way between BSL and wais...
As to which one is the correct one - I have absolutely no idea... :o

I'm going with the second one then, because otherwise the next goal would be waist and that's a looong way from BSL.

btw: exactly half way between BSL and waist, is the space between the two floating ribs for me, so perhaps that isn't even such a strange marker to go by after all.

Hiriel
August 11th, 2010, 07:47 AM
I always thought of it as the braless version of BSL ;)

pepperminttea
August 11th, 2010, 08:01 AM

Me too, like the guy's equivalent. :shrug:

Pixna
August 11th, 2010, 08:06 AM

That's why it's often referred to as the Mid-Back Abyss -- it's quite a large area. :p

Pixna
August 11th, 2010, 08:12 AM

I think for guys it's more like Shoulder-Blade Length (SBL rather than BSL).

Henrietta
August 11th, 2010, 08:25 AM
I have always considered BSL as midback... Maybe if you don't have your bra strap on your widest part of your back there is a difference- BSL is BSL and MBL is the widest part of your back. But, f.ex in my case it's literally the same point of my body.
But it seems like we need to discuss it:)

freckles
August 11th, 2010, 08:30 AM
I've never used midback as a marker because for me (unlike it seems for other people), BSL and waist are really close together, probably my shortest mini-journey -- definitely shorter than APL to BSL or waist to tailbone :shrug: But I guess if BSL & Waist are further apart, 'midback' is as good a name as any for the midway point between them :)

LittleOrca
August 11th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I thought midback was between BSL and Waist. :shrug:

lhangel9
August 11th, 2010, 08:48 PM

I totally agree and am facing the same dilemma.