PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and gentlemen of LHC, I am now completely blond. :)

ericthegreat
August 10th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Everyone, I am now a bonafide complete blonde. I had all of my hair including my bangs and my crown area highlighted. And I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :disco: :cheer:

Enjoy the pics guys.

http://a.imageshack.us/img39/5753/picture328a.jpg (http://img39.imageshack.us/i/picture328a.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://a.imageshack.us/img251/7672/picture329t.jpg (http://img251.imageshack.us/i/picture329t.jpg/)

Dekublatt
August 10th, 2010, 09:19 PM
beautiful pictures, beautiful hair and beautiful colour :)

ravenreed
August 10th, 2010, 09:19 PM
That is stunning.

yellowchariot
August 10th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Killer blond color, Eric! I didn't know that you had bangs.

lillylonghair
August 10th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Wow! I can't imagine what a process that has been. What products are you using?

Indigo Girl
August 10th, 2010, 09:34 PM
The color suits you well, eric! :bluesmile

IStand4u
August 10th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Your hair looks amazing this color and this length! WOW!

ericthegreat
August 10th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys. :flower:

Yup yellowchariot, I decided to cut in side swept bangs. I wanted a new haircut but obviously I didn't want to cut off any of my length. So I choose to get bangs instead.

Hey there lilylonghair. Yes, my hair was quite a project. My stylist is a master stylist, he has been doing both cutting and coloring for 25 years. I had lots of foils all over my head and it took about 40 minutes for my hair to lighten to the exact shade of blond that I wanted to have.

As for my regular haircare routine, I only rinse my hair with conditioner. I don't use any shampoo normally, unless I need to clarify my hair. I CO every night with Suave Coconut, and once a week I use coconut oil as a deep treatment.

1953Diygal
August 10th, 2010, 09:57 PM
The color looks fantastic! Your hair looks like it's in great condition....strong and thick!

little_acorn
August 10th, 2010, 10:01 PM
WOW Eric - you're a blond bombshell :D

Quixii
August 10th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Wow! You definitely look like a rockstar. Where's those sunglasses you had in those pictures a while ago? 8)

trillcat
August 10th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Oh Eric, I love the new color! (it looks like mine bleached baby!) but, how long are you going to tempt fate?
You go through so many changes with your hair, even the most steel of hair , yours, seeming un-damaged, a hair god to us all, is going to fall. It can only take so much.
:(

heynormy
August 10th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Your hair seriously amazes me!! I love it!:D

GuinevereMay
August 10th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Wow, Eric! It looks amazing!:eyebrows:

Blueglass
August 10th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Your lucky your hair can take all that bleaching. Mine seems to get too dry if I try to go too blonde.

elliebean184
August 11th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Looks great - both the cut and the color! You've got quite a stylist!

JenniferNoel
August 11th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Absolutely marvelous, Eric! I adore the color! It's so bright and, well, blond! :D

Dreams_in_Pink
August 11th, 2010, 01:37 AM
You go through so many changes with your hair, even the most steel of hair , yours, seeming un-damaged, a hair god to us all, is going to fall. It can only take so much.
:(

Your hair looks stunning in blond color, but i gotta agree with trillcat :( Aren't you afraid of the breakage that might occur?

2peasinapod
August 11th, 2010, 01:57 AM
Your hair looks stunning! I love the bangs, too! I have to admit, I was a little nervous when you started lightening your hair, but the color suits you perfectly! :)

Heartwillfollow
August 11th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Beautiful hair, love the color on you

Loreley
August 11th, 2010, 02:16 AM
It's beautiful, Eric! :D

Henrietta
August 11th, 2010, 02:43 AM
This colour suits you perfectly! And it's so shiny. Awesome:)

Toadstool
August 11th, 2010, 02:52 AM
lookin' good!
I think Eric has such strong hair it will easily survive this.:)

BritishBraider
August 11th, 2010, 03:21 AM
wow, truly stunning :)

eamane
August 11th, 2010, 04:11 AM
It looks beautiful :)

Medievalmaniac
August 11th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Well, Eric, we've been hanging out together here at the LHC for over a year, so I think you know I like you and I care about you, as much as anyone CAN like and care about people they've only met online. So, I'm going to be honest with you.

The color you have achieved is a lovely color, it's a beautiful blond, and it looks like a master stylist achieved it for you. Also, you are wearing it well. But I don't agree that it suits you. I miss your old color, and when I look at your avatar and think about the beauty and glory of your length and thickness a year ago, and compare it to the new snaps, I can see the damage, even though it is well-conditioned. Your hair looks nowhere near as smooth, thick, and healthy as it once did, and even though I know you are babying it with oils and conditioner, it does look processed and dry.

My other comment (and again, please know this is coming from a place of concern) is that I haven't seen you look "happy" or "peaceful" in any of the pictures you have shown us over the past few months. You look sad, or exhausted, or defeated - there's a "look". Now, you are not a "smiler" by nature, but earlier photos showed you looking much more confident and at peace, and even happy. I haven't seen that expression in a while.

Anyhow - I am just worried about you. I hope this comes across as sharing and conveying that I am worried about you, even though I have no right to be worried about you except by dint of the fact that we share so much of ourselves in this forum that I feel like I "know" you, however superficially, and it hurts me to think you may be feeling the way your expression conveys you are feeling.

I DO hope this came across as it was intended. I care about you a lot, and I am concerned about you.

That said - you have gotten what you wanted, and I am happy for you as long as you are really happy for yourself. :flower:

Konstifik
August 11th, 2010, 06:28 AM
I'm so jealous! That colour is one of my favorites. Suits everyone, in my opinion! You're lucky to have such a great stylist. :flower:

Joliebaby
August 11th, 2010, 06:29 AM
It does look like it's in awesome good condition, great job from bleaching dark hair so successfully! It is amazing at your length.

maxzeen
August 11th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Wow what a beautiful color eric! It suits you well :)

breezefaerie
August 11th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Your hair is stunning!

SurprisingWoman
August 11th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I think it's beautiful. Your hair should make you happy and yours is so beautiful it would make anyone happy. Enjoy and have fun with it while you can!

Lovely!

Aerith
August 11th, 2010, 10:21 AM
The color looks stunning on you, Eric! :D I really like it.

bunnii
August 11th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Looks brilliant eric! Really suits you :)

spidermom
August 11th, 2010, 10:32 AM
O.k., had to look. I've always coveted very dark hair (which doesn't work at all on me). Enjoy! Amazing how much your hair can take.

Alvrodul
August 11th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Everyone, I am now a bonafide complete blonde. I had all of my hair including my bangs and my crown area highlighted. And I absolutely LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :disco: :cheer:

Enjoy the pics guys.

[cut pic]

[cut pic]

I suppose that you will now find out if blondes have more fun!;)

serious
August 11th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Your hair, as always, looks GORGEOUS!

ericthegreat
August 11th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Hey guys, thank you all for all the wonderful compliments. :blossom: :blossom: :blossom:

I also appreciate the concern that a few of you have over my indulgence to lightening my hair. :flowers: I certainly wouldn't recommend that just anyone continue to keep lightening their hair to no abandon. If you indeed know that your particular hair would become very damaged/break off severely from bleaching, then of course don't do it to your hair.

The thing is, I truly have hair made of steel. I know my hair, it really is unbelievably strong. Even the many times that I have been particularly rough with my hair, my hair still refuses to break. At the very worst, I will get some split ends. But at my length, my ends are over 7 years old. They would naturally split even if I left my hair virgin and uncolored. And I S&D my hair around every 3 to 4 weeks, so any damage I get is trimmed off.

I also take excellent care of my hair. As I've mentioned before, on a regular basis I only wash with conditioner, I do a coconut oiling once a week. I clarify with a gentle shampoo about every 3 weeks to once a month, and I only use a wide tooth comb to detangle my hair when I'm in the shower.

Thanks again everyone, with every day I feel like a more and more valued member of this community. :blossom:

LouLaLa
August 11th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Eric this is AMAZING! How long did it take to do? Did you pre-lighten?

Wow! I didnt even think it would be possible to get hair that light/even!!

Love it, so different!

LisaB234
August 11th, 2010, 11:19 AM
That look will turn heads, Eric - you can pull off blond - I never would have guessed! Enjoy the new summertime look!

UltraBella
August 11th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I agree with Eric, those of us with indestructible hair know it and can do just about anything to our hair. I have colored and bleached my hair non-stop for five years now and it's very healthy and hip length. I get over an inch of growth every month so I do trim regularly to make sure my ends stay nice. I don't have any desire to have virgin hair.
I personally loved your dark color, Eric, but the blond is really fun. Enjoy !!!!

Petite Simone
August 11th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Oh! Wow! Very very cool! I like it a lot!!!!

CherrySilver
August 11th, 2010, 02:23 PM
OH. MY. GAWD. Eric, it looks great! Your color is so striking on you, heads are going to spin when you're walking down the street!

Capybara
August 11th, 2010, 02:30 PM
That looks superb on you :D

DarkChocolate
August 11th, 2010, 02:58 PM
That looks like a nice blond:) Your hair has stayed in good condition throughout your dying process:)

xoxophelia
August 11th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Well I think the blonde is a pretty color but I will admit that your original dark hair was one of the reasons I joined LHC in the first place. I thought: "whatever he is doing here MUST be right" because your hair was sooo shiny and smooth. It was uber healthy. It is fun to try out different hair colors and I did the same but I wanted to comment that I think your natural is just as stunning.

Unzadi
August 11th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Quite striking and exotic. Definitely grabs the attention. Enjoy!

sarahbrownie
August 11th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Well it's great to see someone who likes to have fun with their hair, change it around a bit, etc. I think it's fabulous ::insert jersey accent::. I would have just much as fun as you if I knew my hair was indestructible as yours. I also know you get a lot better care at a salon with a colorist than at home. They're pros and know the best way to chemically process, making sure they do so with the least amount of damage. I hope you have fun with it, and maybe because it's so light you can have fun with all types of colors once you get tired of the blonde (what I would do to go apple red again!)

Katurday
August 11th, 2010, 08:40 PM
I love the blonde, but I'd still get a few lighter streaks near my face if I was you. Or maybe tone it a tiny bit.

Just a thought!

CrisDee
August 11th, 2010, 08:54 PM
Eric, it looks FABULOUS! If you find you're seeing signs of damage, maybe you can henna - and go bright RED! I'm SOOO jealous of Asian hair, just love that article you'd posted about it being so much stronger - and you're proof positive of that! :)

Ami514
August 11th, 2010, 08:57 PM
It's a beautiful color, you love it and that's what matters most. :) I think you look great with both hair colors, it's fun to make a dramatic change once in a while. ;)

ericthegreat
August 12th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Thanks again guys for all your wonderful compliments. :blossom:

I'd like to tell you all why I have recently become so enamored with lightening and coloring my hair.

For the first 20 years of my life, I have never had anything done to my hair at all except for haircuts. I never got to be the rebellious teen with blue and pink hair. I had virgin hair simply by default.

Now that I have recently become a licensed hairstylist, a whole new world has opened up for me. I now see hair as art. Hair is a sculpture to be cut and shaped. It is a canvas waiting to be painted on. I love my highlighted hair so much more than I ever loved my virgin uncolored hair. I love that my hair is a masterpiece, that a stylist used his skills to craft a beautiful blonde color on my head. My new haircolor now makes me feel unique, I feel like a new person.

urara12
August 12th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I love your hair!!!
> licensed hairstylist
wow!congratulations:cheese:
I hope you come to my town and open *salon * !! hehe:)

Toadstool
August 12th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Now that I have recently become a licensed hairstylist, a whole new world has opened up for me. I now see hair as art. Hair is a sculpture to be cut and shaped. It is a canvas waiting to be painted on. I love my highlighted hair so much more than I ever loved my virgin uncolored hair. I love that my hair is a masterpiece, that a stylist used his skills to craft a beautiful blonde color on my head. My new haircolor now makes me feel unique, I feel like a new person.

I find this quite beautiful and moving.:)

Othala
August 12th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Amazing Eric, just amazing. I hope you have enough money to support an intensive deep conditioning regime. Actually, your hair looks virtually indestructible!

Isadora Lewie
August 12th, 2010, 05:02 AM
COOOOL... That colour looks so striking on you! very nice indeed :-D

Fiferstone
August 12th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Hey Eric, it looks great! But the question then becomes...are you willing to bleach/lighten forever??? And how well will haircolor "take" if you want to go back to a more natural color (perhaps because you don't want to have to keep bleaching the new growth every month or so??). I love my henna, but I've got to figure out the exit strategy for when I finally get the white skunk stripe at the roots. Henna over my whites is bozo-orange. Not a good look on me at all..

Unzadi
August 12th, 2010, 05:24 AM
Eric, that's a beautiful and moving statement. May you and your clients enjoy the art for many, many years to come.

EtherealOde
August 12th, 2010, 05:28 AM
Smecksey bangs, I bet your boyfriend is also enjoying your new hair! Glad to hear how much you love the new you, your comments on it made me smile.

Tomato
August 12th, 2010, 05:54 AM
I' m absolutly stunned! It really looks wonderful!
And congratulations for being a certified hair stylist!
Unfortunatly, my budget doesn't allow for a trip to Brooklyn just to get a hair cut....

Sunny greeting from sunny vienna!

linda g
August 12th, 2010, 06:52 AM
Hi Eric :)

I have to admit that I totally loved your original color, but I am glad you are having fun with enjoying your work of art! And congratulations on getting licensed! (Or did that happen a while ago, and I missed it?)

And I totally envy your indestructible hair.:blossom:

starlights
August 12th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Wow what an image change... very cool!!

deko
August 12th, 2010, 01:10 PM
That color is just beautiful and your hair looks still so shiny and healthy!

adiapalic
August 12th, 2010, 01:42 PM
My Gawd! Look at the shine! Looks awesome Eric! :flower:

Sunsailing
August 13th, 2010, 02:34 PM
The color you have achieved is a lovely color, it's a beautiful blond, and it looks like a master stylist achieved it for you. Also, you are wearing it well. But I don't agree that it suits you. I miss your old color, and when I look at your avatar and think about the beauty and glory of your length and thickness a year ago, and compare it to the new snaps, I can see the damage, even though it is well-conditioned. Your hair looks nowhere near as smooth, thick, and healthy as it once did, and even though I know you are babying it with oils and conditioner, it does look processed and dry.

I agree with the above comment.
(It is a nice shade of blonde.)

The second picture does show damage. And the hair is not as thick looking as it was in it's natural color.

It seems like you've got the itch for change since becoming a styist. You will probably get the itch to cut it into different styles too. (And there's nothing wrong with that!)

You've gone from one extreme to another in terms of color in a short period of time. If you looked at it under a microscope, you will see the damage. It's possible to do a good job hiding it with conditioners. But continued processing will do more damage.

Glad you're happy with the results :)
Have fun with it....it's only hair. Bleach it, dye it, cut it, etc...
You can always grow more of it!