PDA

View Full Version : DARK BLONDE - Newfound love for the name

Joliebaby
August 10th, 2010, 05:02 AM
I just realized that I love the term dark blonde. Dark implies mystery, and combined with blonde it's a wonderful juxtaposition, almost an oxymoron. So I guess I won't feel the need to come up with "exciting" names or descriptions for dark blonde, I just realized it IS exciting to me!

Phalaenopsis
August 10th, 2010, 05:06 AM
I've never looked at it that way... made me smile ^^

Gypsygirl
August 10th, 2010, 05:11 AM
Me, too! I like this! :)

julliams
August 10th, 2010, 05:20 AM
That's cool!

Chrissy
August 10th, 2010, 05:46 AM
As long as no one says dishwater blonde. I was called that a lot as a kid. I hated that term. I think I will embrace my dark blonde with the meaning you stated. Much better!!! :)

ArienEllariel
August 10th, 2010, 07:28 AM
People always called mine dirty blonde.. It was rather annoying and confusing growing up. I kept wondering why everyone thought my hair was dirty. -.- You'd think that we could come up with a better name.

Henrietta
August 10th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Few days ago I discovered that my hair is not like "light brown". It's like "dark blonde." Totally, definitely,undeniably and beyond recall. I went to the drugstore with my friend and we were looking at the boxes with hair dyes. I looked at every picture, every brand. At every box my haircolour was "dark blonde" or "xxx blonde", but never "brown". My friend said that probably I have never seen my real haircolour, because I have yellow-ish light in the bathroom, so the colours I see in the mirror are not real. I need to take a picture of my hair in a sunny day.
So I have to change the way I think about my hair. And myself:) I behave like a blonde already. Don't feel offended, people! "Blonde" is not a haircolour. It's a way your brain works. So my brain works as if I had blonde hair. Oh, wait... I have blonde hair.
Now it's interesting to be a blonde. "Dark" sounds really mysteriuos!

TrudieCat
August 10th, 2010, 08:08 AM
I like this! :)

spidermom
August 10th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Dark blonde it is, then.

Henrietta
August 10th, 2010, 08:41 AM
As long as no one says dishwater blonde. I was called that a lot as a kid. I hated that term. I think I will embrace my dark blonde with the meaning you stated. Much better!!! :)

I experienced this too, few times. People are envious. It's wonderful to be blonde, because blonde hair catches so much light and blonde girls just draw attention:) Let's embrace our haircolour:)

lapushka
August 10th, 2010, 08:42 AM
:lol: Very nice! :D

Merewen
August 10th, 2010, 08:45 AM
I agree! I consider myself dark blond most of the time anymore. Whoever first called it dishwater blond is either unfamiliar with dark blond hair or with dishwater. Blech.

LouLaLa
August 10th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Ohh I like this alot! I have dark/medium silvery blonde and always got called "dirty blonde" which made me super self concious!

I like this term, when you explain it the way you did it actaully sounds rather mysterious and exotic!

Thankyou :D

Unofficial_Rose
August 10th, 2010, 12:16 PM
It also seems to be a very modern colour - in the 80's and 90's everyone lightened their dark blonde hair to pale or golden blonde - but people seem to have stopped this, which is rather cool. It's a nice colour, after all.

Bianca
August 10th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Whoever first called it dishwater blond is either unfamiliar with dark blond hair or with dishwater. Blech.

I agree :thumbsup:

I get kinda offended when people use the term dirty blonde or dishwater. My hair is anything but dirty looking, neither does it have the color of dishwater. It shines golden in bright light, and has tons of natural highlights. It may be a little boring in dull lighting, but hey, what hair color doesn't look dull in dull light.

Dark blonde it is, MUCH better :D

Btw, In denmark, dark blonde hair is referred to as "leverpostej farvet" Which means liver pate colored - stupid- :rolleyes:

Henrietta
August 10th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I agree :thumbsup:

I get kinda offended when people use the term dirty blonde or dishwater. My hair is anything but dirty looking, neither does it have the color of dishwater. It shines golden in bright light, and has tons of natural highlights. It may be a little boring in dull lighting, but hey, what hair color doesn't look dull in dull light.

Dark blonde it is, MUCH better :D

Btw, In denmark, dark blonde hair is referred to as "leverpostej farvet" Which means liver pate colored - stupid- :rolleyes:

Good points about dull light! :)
I am telling it to mysef over and over- dark blonde, dark blonde. Awesome oxymoron-ish effect! :)