PDA

View Full Version : Best bun for bun waves?

julliams
August 9th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I've tried the chopstick bun and lazy wrap but whilst these buns are very comfortable to wear, they don't give me those lovely waves I see others achieve.

Are the cinnabun and beebutt bun the best for bun waves? Is there another bun that could be done with BSL hair that might achieve nice waves?

I've air dried about 60% and popped it up in to a cinnabun using hairsticks to hold it. Hoping for good results when I take it down in a few hours.

MissManda
August 9th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I get the best bun waves with cinnabuns and bee butt buns, especially when I do two or more of them. You could also try a fully-rolled sock bun which makes the ends of your hair very curly.

teela1978
August 10th, 2010, 12:23 AM
I actually don't find bunwaves on my hair to look good until about waist length. And then usually with a cinnabun. The wave doesn't really do enough repeats before waist and it just looks awkward and weird on me.

Blond Unicorn
August 10th, 2010, 01:01 AM
I think cinnamon and Gibraltar Bun work best for the waves - at least with my hair

julliams
August 10th, 2010, 06:25 AM
I have had good results with my cinnabun today. My hair actually has had a bit of a sausage curl effect. I've actually taken it up and down about 5 times (as you do whilst watching telly etc) plus I found that this helped it to dry out a little better because it's 10pm and still a little damp. Next time I think I would almost be completely dry and then put it up so that I wouldn't have to worry about it being too damp for too long. I think the effect would be the same.

Angeletti
August 10th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I've found that five smaller bee butt buns works really nice, although it looks ridiculous wearing them but the results are worth it.

Here are my results, I was quite impressed due to my hair being stick straight normally.
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/genazollner/bun.jpg

julliams
August 10th, 2010, 08:10 AM
That looks great. I would love to have those big waves - mine seem to come out smaller. I think it's because I'm only BSL.