PDA

View Full Version : Hair on the floor.

Venefica
August 9th, 2010, 07:21 PM
I have waist long hair. My hair grow quickly and is very thick. I often notice hair on the floor, on the sofa, everywhere. I used to have short hair before. Now I panic wondering if I am loosing to much hair. I go to my hairdresser and ask, several times the poor woman must think me neurotic. Now my hairdresser assures me that my hair is just as thick as it has always been, it is just that as my hair grows, what hair naturally falls off will look that much more as the hair is longer. I am still worried though. My hair is healthy, thick and I do not have a problem with fizzy ends, my scalp is healthy but at times I will get a little bit of rashes if I eat things that are not good for me and I can get dandruff but not much. My hair is as thick as it have always been, I check. Can I just sweep the loose hairs away and not worry as it is just long hair being more viable and seaming like more loss or should I be worried.

lora410
August 9th, 2010, 07:26 PM
It's totally normal. I find my hair EVERYWHERE and so does my hubby. he complains he can't do anything without finding one of my hairs..LOL

Venefica
August 9th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Thank you for the reply. I often find several though. And when I comb through it it usually have a 20-30 hairs come off if I have not combed it before that day.

Gumball
August 9th, 2010, 08:11 PM
People can shed on average 50-100 hairs a day, sometimes less, sometimes more, with no impact on their thickness. The only times you should worry is when you can measure a definite and marked decrease in the thickness of your hair, like having a 3 inch circumference ponytail that drops to 1 inch.

Remember the longer the hair gets, the more you will notice it, too. It's much, much easier to notice three pieces of hair as long as your arm than it is to notice three pieces if hair as long as your little finger. The long hairs make it seem like more is being shed than usual, too, just because it's so much easier to see. I wouldn't worry too much. :)

blctsyllwdg
August 9th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I've counted when I took a braid out after 3 days. Spring, which is when I shed the most, 212 hairs total. Looked horrible in the sink. But really wasn't that bad. It's just that with the length, it looks like way more hair.

ghost
August 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM
My hair gets all over the place! My fiance also has long hair, and his shedding is even worse than mine. Both of us still have good, thick heads of hair -I think maybe it;s just easier to notice all the shedding when you have long hair.

spidermom
August 9th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Every single person who has hair sheds some out every day and grows new ones in. That's the order of things, and there's nothing you can do about it except go bald.

Schefflera
August 9th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Totally normal.

Venefica
August 9th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I will try to stop fussing over this. :)

Speckla
August 9th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I shed a medium size hamster (half palm full of hair) when I comb through after I wash. Not thinning at my scalp. I even clogged the vacuum cleaner and the brush wouldn't twirl because my hair was wrapped around it! Go hair! >:)

christine1989
August 9th, 2010, 09:53 PM
That sounds totally normal. My mom sheds A LOT of hair but it is still nice and thick. I shed only a little but it seems like a lot because my hair is very dark brown. Trust me, it seems like a lot more than it is but if you are concerned try taking biotin- it reduced my shedding quite a bit.

EdG
August 9th, 2010, 10:02 PM
I computed in another thread that one grows about 100 feet of hair cumulatively per day. :bigeyes:

That's also the rate at which one will shed.
Ed

BritishBraider
August 10th, 2010, 07:33 AM
I was worried about this as well, these replies are very reassuring :)

halo_tightens
August 10th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I shed handfuls of hair every single day, and there still seems to be plenty left. I agree that you shouldn't worry about it unless you suddenly notice a dramatic change in the amount of hair on your head.

Henrietta
August 10th, 2010, 07:45 AM
I am obsessed with my hair since I am a member of LHC, so... Before that when I saw a hair on the floor or on my sleeve I just didn't care. Now I notice it, but this is the only difference. Your hair has always fallen down, but you didn't care about it. Now you do. The amount of hair is the same, I believe. In my case it is so. Ok, mabe after a good brushing session I can found more hairs everywhere:D And the longer the hair is, the easiest it is to notice it.

August 10th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I have always been a heavy shedder, yet my hair is thick and nice :)