PDA

View Full Version : Goooaaalll! Yay!

eezepeeze
August 7th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Hey, everyone, I have finally achieved a big hair goal. I have been waiting and waiting for my hair to get long enough to do Torrin's Elizabethan Hair Taping style (torrinpaige on youtube). And I was juuussst able to accomplish it this weekend!! I had to go around my head twice with the ribbon to make sure I got all the ends secure, but I am officially in love with this style! I even went swimming with it (head under water) while my 2 nieces were here yesterday and it held securely until I took it out to go to bed! Yay!!! Happy Hair Dance :cheese:

PiroskaCicu
August 7th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Congrats! That's amazing . :)

Deborah
August 7th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Good for you! And congratulations on your skill. (My hair is plenty long, but I think I have ten thumbs - hair taping proved to be an exercise in futility and detangling for me!)

Henrietta
August 7th, 2010, 01:49 PM
YAAAAY! That's my goal too. I love Elizabethan Hair Taping and I know that I will wear it ALL THE TIME when I will be able to do it finally:) Congratulations! Any pics? :)

Gumball
August 7th, 2010, 03:03 PM
That's awesome! I love it when you have a specific goal, but have to wait and wait and wait, since getting to the goal becomes so much sweeter. Congrats!

ghost
August 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Congratulations!!
Hair taping is so pretty...I saw someone do it with faux pearls, and it was so gorgeous. I can't wait until I can tape mine, too.

Rennire
August 7th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Congratulations!!! I love hair taping too! It's so beautiful! =)

eezepeeze
August 7th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Hey, guys! I wish I could post a pic, but I can't figure it out! Maybe if I post to my album, I can post a link. I'll work on it :)

julliams
August 7th, 2010, 08:57 PM
How long is your hair? I saw it on Youtube last night but she said I needed waist length hair so I didn't even try it. From you pics you look like you are past BSL???

eezepeeze
August 7th, 2010, 09:08 PM
How long is your hair? I saw it on Youtube last night but she said I needed waist length hair so I didn't even try it. From you pics you look like you are past BSL???

Yeah, I'm past BSL, almost to waist. Well, I am at waist if I pull the curls down to couteract curl shrinkage. My braids just barely overlap at the front of my head, so I went around twice with the ribbon to make it more secure and kind of fake some thickness in the front.

Yeah, I'm nowhere near Torrin's length or skill, yet, but I'm happy to have reached a goal. :cheese:

julliams
August 7th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Ahhh - that would explain it. If your hair is at waist when you pull it straight then you would definitely have the length you need. I'm lucky in that the hair at the nape of my neck is pretty straight so I don't get shrinkage yet my hair still looks curly because the canopy hair is wavy.

Congrats on your goal. I hope to be there by about January next year so not too much longer to go.

I may just give it a go anyway and see how it looks. I have layers so my braids have sticky outy bits all over but the ribbon might help with this.

Loreley
August 8th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Congratulations! :joy:

Jules diamond
August 8th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Congrats on reaching this goal!

eezepeeze
August 10th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Ahhh - that would explain it. If your hair is at waist when you pull it straight then you would definitely have the length you need. I'm lucky in that the hair at the nape of my neck is pretty straight so I don't get shrinkage yet my hair still looks curly because the canopy hair is wavy.

Congrats on your goal. I hope to be there by about January next year so not too much longer to go.

I may just give it a go anyway and see how it looks. I have layers so my braids have sticky outy bits all over but the ribbon might help with this.

Yeah, that's why I went around with the ribbon a second time, because My ends weren't quite long enough to tuck in, so I tried to hide them (and the hair ties) under the ribbon.

By the way, I posted some pics in a new thread "hair taping pics" in the "mane" forum.

Now I feel like I have a legitimate reason to buy new ribbons :)