PDA

View Full Version : Job interview hairstyle?

tinti
August 7th, 2010, 06:57 AM
I'm going to a job interview on Tuesday, where I'm applying for a support job, you know when your Internet doesn't work and you call the support service and ask what you're gonna do? That's the kind of job I'm applying for. So I need an updo or a style that isn't too much. Braids are no too great because they just unravel an hour after I did them. I have bsl and very layered hair. Any idea?

julliams
August 7th, 2010, 07:07 AM
If I don't french braid, I do the half up where I take the front bits and twist them in to a bit of a pouf and pin it into place. If you have a nice clip or comb, you can use that. It keeps the hair off my face but allows layered hair to sit nicely and yet not look like I haven't made an effort.

Once you have the pouf done, you can pretty much leave it out, pull it back into a ponytail and secure with a ribbon, or french braid it. All looks good.

http://www.beauty-and-the-bath.com/poof-pouf-poofs.html

tinti
August 7th, 2010, 07:15 AM
My poufs just splits in the middle if I don't tease them. Now I have short bangs so they grow out really fast so I f I do that on the rare occations it's back in ... what? half a year? I could do that. Thanks for the tip!

akrasia
August 7th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Congratulations on the job interview!

Layered hair, huh? How about a narrow hair band to keep the layery bits back. And then a low ponytail or bun? That's a nice conservative look for a job interview. And then once you've got the job you can break out the glittery hair sticks!

In2wishin
August 7th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Good luck in the interview (I am interviewing myself so I understand the rollercoaster). How about something like a french roll with a simple headband? I usually wear a cinnabun but I think this might work better with your layers.

moominhapa
August 7th, 2010, 08:31 AM
I've been going on a lot of interviews lately, and I usually just put my hair in a cinnamon or lazy wrap bun. If you have lots of layers that stick out, you could always smooth them down with aloe or a product. Once in a while I just wear my hair half up with a nice clip, and I think that works, too. Most people would say you should absolutely wear your hair completely up for an interview, but I think it's more important to wear it however makes you feel most confident. I don't think most people notice hair half as much as we do here.

tinti
August 7th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks, guys! I have a narrow brown headband somewhere, I'll dig it out from wherever it is :) I thought about french twist myself, and cinnabun is not a bad idea. I'll just have to smooth my chunky layers down with some leave in or some gel, I think.