PDA

View Full Version : Cut My Own Bangs AND Took Pictures

GoddesJourney
August 7th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Just thought I'd share. I cut my own bangs at about 1 or 2am about a week ago. I had been thinking about it for a long time. I took this picture the next morning.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3128&pictureid=78856

Part of the reason I did that was because I was going to do this photoshoot on the beach with an upcoming photographer friend of mine. She did my wedding for free in exchange for letting her use some pictures in her portfolio. Anyway, she's awesome and made me feel like such an old hollywood movie star in this shot.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3128&pictureid=78851

Anyway, it was super fun. I've never done anything like that before and I really enjoyed it. Usually I don't look so great in pictures so I guess it really helps if the person behind the camera knows what they're doing. Photoshop is also a beautiful thing. She got some good shots in which I really liked my hair, so it made me feel good about cutting the bangs. They're a little irritating, but they look nice. I'll probably let them grow.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3128&pictureid=78855

More pictures in my album if you're interested.

Aredhel77
August 7th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Looking lovely, well done!

Honestwitness
August 7th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Very beautiful! I cut my own bangs, too. Have been doing so for years. Lately, though, I'm getting more brave to let my forehead show, so I've about decided to just let the bangs grow long, so they will go into my ponytail. That would be a big change for me.

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos. You're a beautiful young woman.

Honestwitness
August 7th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Did you cut your bangs straight across or at an angle?

Lassie
August 7th, 2010, 04:41 AM
great job, looks fab :)

(and how shiny is your hair!!)

pepperminttea
August 7th, 2010, 04:53 AM
You did a great job with the bangs, and love the photos. Your hair's so shiny! :)

kimki
August 7th, 2010, 05:27 AM
You did really good job. Your pretty and they suit you. :flower:

Loreley
August 7th, 2010, 05:50 AM
It's very pretty! Great job! :)

jel
August 7th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Wow, you really did a very good job! Especially considering the time of day... ;)

They really suit you and the professional pics are gorgeous!

serious
August 7th, 2010, 06:14 AM
I love your bangs, they really suit you and your hair is so beautiful!

And, those photos are gorgeous, your friend did a great job!

tinti
August 7th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Nice photos! I admire your courage to cut your bangs, I'm soo afraid to mess up I've never done something like that no myself.

Kome
August 7th, 2010, 07:27 AM
They look really good. I love how thick and shiney your hair is too! :)

Torrin Paige
August 7th, 2010, 07:48 AM
The bangs look awesome...and the photos are super. I understand what it's like to not photograph very well, and I know how awesome it is to have a few pics of yourself where you look great. And, darlin', you look GREAT! :cheese:

moominhapa
August 7th, 2010, 08:15 AM
You look gorgeous! Good job on the bangs. I've cut mine a couple times before and had both good results and bad. Recently I've been trying to get up the courage to trim them again. Until then they're just obscuring more and more of my vision--fun fun.

Kristin
August 7th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Nice bangs! I recently cut mine, too, but was too lazy to take pics.

Your photos are gorgeous!

Prettyeyes23
August 7th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Wow, looks good!

GoddesJourney
August 7th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Thanks LHCers. You sure know self-esteem.

Did you cut your bangs straight across or at an angle?

They have that inverted U shape as if they were straight across bangs that grew out. I considered cutting them at an angle. There was a great tutorial for it. I saw a lot of tutorials of people cutting more or less the way I did it, though, so I just went with it. I absorbed the information from three or four tutorials that were fairly similar and just winged it.

jel,
I actually find I'm often more productive at that hour. The house is quiet and I'm mellow enough to really focus but too hyper to sleep.

sarah061
August 7th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Cute! They turned out perfect! Great job, it looks gorgeous :)

Sarahmoon
August 7th, 2010, 11:28 AM
It looks good! But can I ask a stupid question? How do you keep it out of your eyes outside? I've tried something like this and it drove me crazy every time I went outside, it blew right in front of my face :(

GoddesJourney
August 7th, 2010, 11:34 AM
It looks good! But can I ask a stupid question? How do you keep it out of your eyes outside? I've tried something like this and it drove me crazy every time I went outside, it blew right in front of my face :(

Great question. Two things are going on here. The first thing is that I've had no bangs for many many years. I taught my hair to go back from my forehead as much as possible. The hair in front is short now but it still remembers most of the time and sort of stays to the side. The second thing is that it was slightly windy so I was using that to keep it in the right direction most of the time.

...assuming that it doesn't get in my face or drive me crazy. It does. I'm starting to get used to it being in my eyes and on my forehead. I probably won't keep it like this forever, honestly. I may grow them out and cut them again in five years. I already miss putting my hair back and having nothing in my face. On the other hand, it is interesting to see with the shape that I cut them in. If my hair is back, it gives me a pretty good idea of what I'd look like with short hair. Not my most flattering look, which is why it's never happened.:D

ETA: I just noticed your hairtype and I think I may have some insight. Your hair is fine and silky. It will probably blow around more. Mine is fairly heavy and coarse. Also, the texture makes it stick together a bit, so it's harder to blow around in one heavy chunk.

maxzeen
August 7th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Wow you did such a nice job cutting your bangs. They look very nice on you.

starlights
August 7th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Nice! well done! reminds me i have to cut mine too -but i will get hubby to do it, he's a hairdresser :)

yellowchariot
August 7th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Those bangs look perfect. It appears that you went to a professional hair stylists and had them cut. This deserves 2 cheese dudes and 2 thumbs up! :cheese::cheese::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brenda714
August 7th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Wow, your bangs made a differnce in your overall look. It's beautiful and you look like a model!

Juneii
August 7th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Goodness you look beautiful! The bangs look great on you!

I love cutting/trimming my own bangs, saves so much money :)

MissManda
August 7th, 2010, 04:44 PM
You look gorgeous with bangs and I think you did a splendid job at cutting them. :) I love your hair color, too.

oceanwoman111
August 7th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I love your bangs!! It really draws the attention to your eyes. I've been playing with the idea of cutting bangs again because I like how they minimize the appearance of my nose. Bangs just add a little something. Something to play around with. They look great on you!! :thumbsup:

teela1978
August 7th, 2010, 06:04 PM
They look great! I've been contemplating something similar... might enact the 2 week rule here.

ghost
August 7th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Looks good! You cut them really well.

GoddesJourney
August 7th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Wow, your bangs made a differnce in your overall look. It's beautiful and you look like a model!

Yeah, a plus size model these days. Those Marilyn Monroe times were nice.:D:D:D Thank you.

Kathie
August 7th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Your bangs look great! Early morning hair cuts really work for you :p No seriously, they do look really good. Are you going to keep them?

CurlyLolo
August 7th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Your hair is lovely - but I have to say the pic of your dog sleeping on his/her favorite stuffed animal brought out a huge "swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!"

Joliebaby
August 8th, 2010, 01:15 AM
You have great hair and those long bangs look lovely (though I understand wanting to grow them out as I'm growing mine..)
You are beautiful :)

Sarahmoon
August 8th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for answering so quickly GoddessJourney.

ETA: I just noticed your hairtype and I think I may have some insight. Your hair is fine and silky. It will probably blow around more. Mine is fairly heavy and coarse. Also, the texture makes it stick together a bit, so it's harder to blow around in one heavy chunk.

:cry: I just hate fine hair...

growing2shine
August 8th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Great pics and great hair! You look beautiful and so does your hair. :) And great job with the bangs.

Henrietta
August 8th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Looks professional! Good job! :)

GoddesJourney
August 8th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks for answering so quickly GoddessJourney.

:cry: I just hate fine hair...

Can you CO? I know that mine blows around a lot more after a shampoo.