PDA

View Full Version : An unlikely compliment

Lassie
August 7th, 2010, 12:52 AM
DF calls out to me from the bathroom:
"babe, what on earth is going on with your hair??"
I reply back from the bedroom "Huh, what are you talking about?"
He replies "Your hairs, they used to be so thin and fragile, and now they are as thick and tough as Sasha's"

And i grinned from ear to ear :joy:

So to explain:
My hair has always been quiet fine. I have done 2 henna's in the last couple of months and have been using lush shampoo and conditioner. I have noticed an increase in overall thickness and the thickness of individual threads (but of course we always doubt are our judgement!) Sasha is our German Shepard, her hairs of course are very thick.

So for DF to notice that my shed hairs are so noticeably thicker that he compared them to those of our dog made me very pleased indeed (and confirmed that my hair WAS indeed thicker)

Who'd have thought that having your hair compared to that of a dog could make you so happy!

joyellen
August 7th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Hooray! I also have a dog named Sasha. :)

GoddesJourney
August 7th, 2010, 02:32 AM
I also have a german shepherd, and I would love my hair to be like the thick stuff she has on her back (the blacker saddle part). It's so shiny and thick, yet smooth. I dislike the term "coarse hair" because it makes it sound like thick strands cannot also be soft and smooth. Anyway, congratulations. I would consider that a huge compliment.

Loreley
August 7th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Wow, congrats! :D

sakuraemily
August 7th, 2010, 02:47 AM
nice. strands don't generally get thick.

Morgaine
August 7th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Congrats!
Henna also makes my hair thicker but it's still not as thick as a dog's :eek:

Lassie
August 7th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Thanks All :)

*I* dont think it is as thick as Sasha's.....

And i agree goddessjourney - their hair is so silky yet thick - and not in the least bit coarse...

julliams
August 7th, 2010, 05:54 AM
That's great! My first dog was called Sasha. He was a Cocker Spaniel and I was 5.

jel
August 7th, 2010, 06:12 AM
LOL, that's a good one!

Henna also made my individual strands thicker, thus increasing the overall thickness. Almost as thick as my cats' whiskers! ;)

Carolyn
August 7th, 2010, 08:38 AM
What a cool compliment! Most guys don't notice we even have hair, let alone the thickness of the strands :D

going gray
August 7th, 2010, 10:12 AM
What a cool compliment! Most guys don't notice we even have hair, let alone the thickness of the strands :D

She's so right!