PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! Hermione cut her hair!

Alun
August 7th, 2010, 12:20 AM
... well, it wasn't that long anyway, but still ...

http://www.usmagazine.com/stylebeauty/news/emma-watson-chopping-off-my-hair-was-liberating-197031

Juneii
August 7th, 2010, 12:36 AM
While it doesn't flatter her quite as much as her longer hair I applaud her willingness to do a drastic cut.

Loreley
August 7th, 2010, 12:44 AM
I think she was much prettier with long hair. :rolleyes: Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) has cut her hair too. She had hip-length hair and now it's a bit longer than shoulder-length. :(

christine1989
August 7th, 2010, 12:54 AM
She always looks good but I liked the long hair as well. That new cut looks like a difficult one to grow out too.

Athena's Owl
August 7th, 2010, 01:02 AM
I'm not surprised.

She's been wearing her hair long for the sake of a really, really long acting job that meant that she couldn't cut her hair, no choice about it for years...

well see what tomorrow brings.

pepperminttea
August 7th, 2010, 01:05 AM
I think it kind of suits her; she has the bone structure to pull it off. And it's certainly a dramatic way to mark the end of her time playing Hermione.

Gumball
August 7th, 2010, 01:08 AM
I'm not surprised.

She's been wearing her hair long for the sake of a really, really long acting job that meant that she couldn't cut her hair, no choice about it for years...

Yeah I completely agree. She never even got to entertain the idea of doing something fun with it. No new cuts, no colors, couldn't go shorter, probably couldn't grow it out much longer, etc. That was about a decade, too. I think she's playing catch-up before things settle down again.

jera
August 7th, 2010, 01:14 AM
I'm not surprised.

Not entirely true. She wore her hair much shorter and thinner in the latter films than in the early ones. Still, I prefered her with long thick hair. :p

Juneii
August 7th, 2010, 01:16 AM
I think she was much prettier with long hair. :rolleyes: Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) has cut her hair too. She had hip-length hair and now it's a bit longer than shoulder-length. :(

THAT devastates me, I loved her long hair :(

Athena's Owl
August 7th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Not entirely true. She wore her hair much shorter and thinner in the latter films than in the early ones. Still, I prefered her with long thick hair. :p

...she didn't get to decide that.

the key hairdresser on the set of whichever harry potter movie she was in got to decide that. those hairstyle choices were not hers. in a very real way Emma Watson's hair didn't belong to her in a decade.

sarah061
August 7th, 2010, 02:07 AM
I was so shocked to see this! I loved her longer hair, but I applaud her for having the courage to chop it all off - I don't think I would ever be quite so brave!

But then again, being in Hollywood, if she decides she wants waist length hair tomorrow she can just go get fancy extensions put in.

If only growing long hair were that simple. Sigh.

shawty
August 7th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Those cuts really suit some ladies (myself included, heheh) but not Miss Watson. =/

Merlin
August 7th, 2010, 02:13 AM
That's almost exactly the cut Mrs Merlin had once - it looked great on her and it looks great on Emma Watson too.

naereid
August 7th, 2010, 02:19 AM
I bet she feels great. It's not necessarily really about the hair, it's just about the freedom to finally be seen as Emma, not Hermione. Of course, it was her own choice to play her, but still.

Here's a great artsy picture of her new cut: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/05/article-1300545-0AB2F769000005DC-113_468x648.jpg

LittleOrca
August 7th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Eh... as long as she is happy that is what matters.

GoddesJourney
August 7th, 2010, 02:24 AM

the key hairdresser on the set of whichever harry potter movie she was in got to decide that. those hairstyle choices were not hers. in a very real way Emma Watson's hair didn't belong to her in a decade.

Exactly. I think it was a good move for her psychologically to cut her hair off and enjoy it. It probably does feel very liberating. Personally, I don't have a good face for short hair or I probably would have done it years ago. I love my hair, though. I would miss it. She's so young and free and wealthy enough to enjoy it. She has plenty of time to grow it back if that's what she wants. It's very common for girls to cut their hair off when they go to college where I live. Also, many girls with short hair stop cutting it. I think people like to change at that time in their lives and I see it as very healthy.

ETA: I googled some images and I really think she looked much more beautiful with longer hair. Oh well. Wash and go.

KittyLost
August 7th, 2010, 03:01 AM
I think it looks kinda cute on her.

Gingevere
August 7th, 2010, 03:31 AM
I agree, her new cut is very cute. She can definitely pull off a pixie. I guess I never really thought her hair looked exceptional when it was long, and this style has more personality. I'm glad she's enjoying it.

Fethenwen
August 7th, 2010, 03:51 AM

Indeed. It surely must feel very liberating for her to cut it that short. Good thing that it suits her so well too!

Aredhel77
August 7th, 2010, 04:05 AM
I think it looks really nice on her. I once had a similar cut many years ago and it didn't really suit me at all but it was liberating to try something so different.

I'm glad hair grows, though :)

myrrhmaiden
August 7th, 2010, 04:12 AM
She looks very 60's mod now. She's reminding me very much of Twiggy.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagenes/news-in-pics/2010/08/06/emma2.jpg

I think she's a very pretty girl and pulls it off nicely. She has the petite frame and fine features that pair well with a pixie cut.

Vampire
August 7th, 2010, 04:36 AM
I think that pixie looks stunning on her
and she is 20-years old now, this might be a good way to show the public she is a grown woman now and not be labeled as Hermoine

Lassie
August 7th, 2010, 04:55 AM
I'm not surprised.

really? Poor thing - that cant have been nice.
I would have imagined though that she could have done whatever she wanted with her hair - if it didn't suit the films then they would have put a wig on her?

Still for 20million pound it, id quiet happily do whatever i was told to do with my hair...

Medievalmaniac
August 7th, 2010, 05:42 AM
I think it kind of suits her; she has the bone structure to pull it off.

I disagree; I don't think the teensy bangs suit her wide forehead at all. She needs a softer hairline. I think she'd look great with a short bob, and she can certainly pull that off in terms of her very fine, delicate features and great jawline, but the super-short bangs only highlight the prominence of her forehead, making her seem disproportionate at some angles, especially in 3/4 profile.

mariika
August 7th, 2010, 05:44 AM
this DOES NOT suit her! this is terrible! she looks fat, she has no hair, it's terrible, it only looks half good in those fancy pictures but not in candids. someone said she looks like a lesbian (not on this forum) and that sounded a tad offensive but, let's face it, doesn't she? to liberate herself she could've done ANYTHING - change her style completely, get a tattoo, wear high ups and heavy makeup, wear a wig, dye her hair and have some nice modern or weird cut, but this? this is not brave this is conformist, how outstanding is that cut really? don't you see thousands of girls with that cut? it's not even a mohawk and worst of all this doesn't even suit her. her hair colour isn't bold enough to make this cut rebellious.

as for 'liberating' - the thing she said herself about this cut. 100% agree. I myself got a cut once, not this short, but quite a short bob so I know her feelings. someone on this forum said I bet she feels great - I bet it does. FOR NOW. I was ecstatic about my new hair for about a week or two. then I began to realize how bad it looked on me. Emma will too. and as great as hair extensions sound they are bad to human hair, they add up weight and they don't look as real as you'd think. they are also unpleasant to have - it's not your hair in the end.

Emma Watson's hair didn't belong to her in a decade - this is a smart comment, true:)

Medievalmaniac
August 7th, 2010, 05:51 AM
Here's (http://oceanup.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/main_pic/images/emma-watson-haircut-22.jpg)a shot that demonstrates that while it looks cute front-on, it accentuates the prominent low hairline against her forehead:

It looks wonderful in the professional shots she sent out to the press, but candids like this one show that the angle of viewing is everything.

I think if she lets the front part grow back out some and does the side-swept bangs thing, it would look very divine.

I think lesbian comments when there has been no discussion of her being one, or anything intended to be snarky or mean-spirited or shocking, is out of line - it IS her hair, after all. As hair loving folks, we certainly will comment on what we think is good, bad and ugly about the cut itself, why it does and doesn't work, in our opinions - but I also think anything that gets personal, rather than hair-related, is inappropriate. We're not here to judge the girl...just her hair. ;op

jel
August 7th, 2010, 06:19 AM
I still think it looks cute on her :) It's fun to experiment with your hair, especially when you're young and beautiful and everything suits you!

Especially as her Hermione hair was far from "long and curly" as it's supposed to be in the book, at least in the last couple of movies.

hmmm
August 7th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I think her new cut is really edgy and awesome. I love the colour too - is it natural?

ETA I got comments like the ones Mariika made when I cut my hair too. I don't think very highly of the people who made them, and am still of the opinion that they wish they had the balls to cut their hair. It's sad in a way, to think that people need courage to get rid of something that's already dead... but there's insecurity for you.

mariika
August 7th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I just want to say that my lesbian comment was not personal, did you hear ppl calling Justin Bieber a lesbian? it's just a typo, there is this stereotype about how a lesbian should look and this short cut is that look. just like people call some things 'gay'. I don't even care if Emma is a lesbian or not, it's just irrelevant

mellie
August 7th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I loved her pretty waves...maybe she'll grow it back!

Drynwhyl
August 7th, 2010, 07:07 AM
While I don't care about Emma's hair, I must comment on this:

Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) has cut her hair too. She had hip-length hair and now it's a bit longer than shoulder-length.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

katha
August 7th, 2010, 07:08 AM
I like it. :)

tinti
August 7th, 2010, 07:12 AM
I think that cut suited her, cheekbones and all.

Evie
August 7th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Personally I like it, I think it suits her, and if she wants it will grow. I might be growing my hair, but I don't have a pathological hatred of short hair, I might even do it again sometime :D

Herb
August 7th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I think it looks wonderful on her.:flower:

Gothic Lolita
August 7th, 2010, 07:53 AM
While I liked the longer hair better, I think she looks very beautiful and elven-like. I wish I could get myself up one day and do the same thig!

Merewen
August 7th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Well good for her! I'm sure she's had no choice in the matter for years.

kwaniesiam
August 7th, 2010, 07:58 AM
I think it's cute and suits her. She's probably glad to get to do what she wants with it for the first time in her adult life.

dropinthebucket
August 7th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Perfect for Rosemary's Baby - think she will be good in that, too, if she gets it (or has got it already? anyone in on the buzz?)

Boudicca
August 7th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I think she looks lovely; the new cut looks great. Very Jean Seberg.

Jenn of Pence
August 7th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Heh, I personally don't care for it much. ;) But it's certainly her choice, not mine. People are free to experiment with styles as much as they want!

EdG
August 7th, 2010, 08:04 AM
I had no idea who Hermione/Emma Watson was before reading this thread. :shrug:
Ed

Ravenwaves 88
August 7th, 2010, 08:06 AM
I think it's great. I remember how liberating cutting all of my hair off was! My DH hates it. He's not fond of short hair really. Hair grows back!

Thinthondiel
August 7th, 2010, 08:09 AM
to liberate herself she could've done ANYTHING - change her style completely, get a tattoo, wear high ups and heavy makeup, wear a wig, dye her hair and have some nice modern or weird cut, but this? this is not brave this is conformist, how outstanding is that cut really? don't you see thousands of girls with that cut? it's not even a mohawk and worst of all this doesn't even suit her. her hair colour isn't bold enough to make this cut rebellious.

No one has said she was trying to be 'rebellious' or get an 'outstanding' haircut. Why should she get a mohawk when a pixie was what she wanted?

And as someone else mentioned, she's practically been forced to have long hair for a decade now. Rather than wanting liberate herself and choosing to cut her hair as the way to do it, I think she was simply tired of not being able to decide over her own hair and try out different haircuts. Wearing heavy make-up or getting a tattoo isn't the same thing at all.

I think she looks very cute in a boyish way, and as someone else mentioned, she kinda looks a bit like Twiggy. :)

If I didn't know how horrible it is to grow out a pixie, I'd be tempted to go back to one myself. I probably will sometime, when I get tired of having long (or long by society's standards; I've cut it so it's not quite BSL now) hair.

UltraBella
August 7th, 2010, 08:29 AM
I think it's really cute and I hope she enjoys it immensely. Good for her !

florenonite
August 7th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I think the title of this thread kind of epitomizes the matter: she's not Hermione anymore :p

As for the cut itself, I think it looks cute head-on, but it's a bit too boyish from the side. It could just be the shot, though, with the wind and her expression.

Speedbump
August 7th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I'm not surprised.

That's what I was thinking, AO. She basically has had her hair a certain way for a role for about half her life. This was her way of making a change to move on. I bet she grows it out again, but in a non-Hermione style.

Evie
August 7th, 2010, 09:20 AM
I think her new cut is really edgy and awesome. I love the colour too - is it natural?

ETA I got comments like the ones Mariika made when I cut my hair too. I don't think very highly of the people who made them, and am still of the opinion that they wish they had the balls to cut their hair. It's sad in a way, to think that people need courage to get rid of something that's already dead... but there's insecurity for you.

+ 1 to this. Like you, I had similar comments, and think it shows up the people making them for what they are.

orbiting
August 7th, 2010, 09:25 AM
While I understand her doing it, and I agree... I'm only keeping my hair long for my wedding at this point and have even asked a friend to buzz my head when I get back from my honeymoon (and I'm only 1/2 joking), I don't like the cut... I don't mind it being short of pixie, I just don't like THAT cut... does that make sense...

And really - anyone who says she looks homosexual or like a boy or whatever? Well LHC won't allow me to say to those people what I have said to them in RL when *I* had my hair cut that short...

I'm glad though that she's not trapped in that role any more. :) And you know.. I ALWAYS forget that she goes to Brown as I live right near there heh

lillylonghair
August 7th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I think she rocks the cut and though it seems like for her hair type groiwng it out will be a pita. As someone who has cut all her hair off multiple times,I know what it's like to sit in the chair and see all of your hair disappear! Once it's gone thats it. There's no turning back.

As an aside,I actually find growing my hair long is liberating as well.No more 'styling',dying,and frequent haircuts.

lillylonghair
August 7th, 2010, 09:36 AM
this DOES NOT suit her! this is terrible! she looks fat, she has no hair, it's terrible, it only looks half good in those fancy pictures but not in candids. someone said she looks like a lesbian (not on this forum) and that sounded a tad offensive but, let's face it, doesn't she? to liberate herself she could've done ANYTHING - change her style completely, get a tattoo, wear high ups and heavy makeup, wear a wig, dye her hair and have some nice modern or weird cut, but this? this is not brave this is conformist, how outstanding is that cut really? don't you see thousands of girls with that cut? it's not even a mohawk and worst of all this doesn't even suit her. her hair colour isn't bold enough to make this cut rebellious.

as for 'liberating' - the thing she said herself about this cut. 100% agree. I myself got a cut once, not this short, but quite a short bob so I know her feelings. someone on this forum said I bet she feels great - I bet it does. FOR NOW. I was ecstatic about my new hair for about a week or two. then I began to realize how bad it looked on me. Emma will too. and as great as hair extensions sound they are bad to human hair, they add up weight and they don't look as real as you'd think. they are also unpleasant to have - it's not your hair in the end.

Emma Watson's hair didn't belong to her in a decade - this is a smart comment, true:)

Maybe for her it was a brave thing to do. Maybe for her it is rebellious to just cut it all off and not dye it crazy colours.To just let her face stand out there on display in front of everyone. If you were in front of cameras and getting pictures taken at any time,this might be a brave thing for you too.

In2wishin
August 7th, 2010, 09:38 AM
While it isn't the most flattering style (although very cute!), she is a young college student and these years are perfect for changing and experimenting and trying to figure out who you are and what you want. Getting your hair cut is a great way to try out something different almost risk free. If she gets a role that requires longer hair there are always wigs and extensions but for now let her enjoy her (slightly delayed) teen years and all of the fun looks you can try out.

Jammy
August 7th, 2010, 09:39 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs107.ash2/38704_144509342234631_140216402663925_346737_42430 16_n.jpg

I think she looks amazing. I'm impressed she had the guts to go through with this, she always struck me as very whitebread.

this DOES NOT suit her! this is terrible! she looks fat, she has no hair, it's terrible, it only looks half good in those fancy pictures but not in candids. someone said she looks like a lesbian (not on this forum) and that sounded a tad offensive but, let's face it, doesn't she?

woah, I think you can get your opinion across (you clearly don't like it) without calling someone a fat, bald lesbian. I'm not sure when a haircut became an invitation to make fun of someone but you seem to have a lot of rage about the fact that she has short hair.

Please realize that this post is incredibly insulting. If for no other reason, what is wrong with looking like a lesbian?

MsBubbles
August 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM
She's young and pretty and it would take a lot to make her look bad. I think she looks beautiful in the new cut - shows off her face.

lillylonghair
August 7th, 2010, 09:45 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs107.ash2/38704_144509342234631_140216402663925_346737_42430 16_n.jpg

I think she looks amazing. I'm impressed she had the guts to go through with this, she always struck me as very whitebread.

Whitebread!? I think she's one the few classy,well spkoen young ladies out there today. I think that makes her very interesting.

Jammy
August 7th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Whitebread!? I think she's one the few classy,well spkoen young ladies out there today. I think that makes her very interesting.
I have friends at brown and RISD who go to school with her and don't have the best things to say about her. Also following her facebook and blog she doesn't seem to talk about much more than parties, fashion and promote her movies.

But maybe there is another side to her, I don't know.

lillylonghair
August 7th, 2010, 09:50 AM
I have friends at brown and RISD who go to school with her and don't have the best things to say about her. Also following her facebook and blog she doesn't seem to talk about much more than parties, fashion and promote her movies.

That could just be her 'public' face. Lol this thread has gotten really off topic!!!

florenonite
August 7th, 2010, 10:04 AM
woah, I think you can get your opinion across (you clearly don't like it) without calling someone a fat, bald lesbian. I'm not sure when a haircut became an invitation to make fun of someone but you seem to have a lot of rage about the fact that she has short hair.

Please realize that this post is incredibly insulting. If for no other reason, what is wrong with looking like a lesbian?

Agreed. Besides, I know quite a few lesbians and wasn't aware that they have a certain distinctive appearance ;)

GoddesJourney
August 7th, 2010, 10:51 AM

She's probably a little behind on growing up because she didn't have a lot of normal kids stuff in the last few years. I see this a lot since I live in a college town. Usually, the kids who come from a lot of money and strict parents go absolutely crazy when they go off to college. First time away from mommy and daddy with too much money to spend where nobody knows you or anything about you can be pretty tempting for a lot of people. Even the regular people do this a lot, like invent new personalities and suddenly like to party all the time.

She's been in the public eye and has probably been told quite strictly to behave herself and not become another Olsen twin or a Lindsay Lohan. Now she's got a lot of freedom and money and fame (and a cute accent) and probably doesn't know what to do with all that. I feel bad for her because there will surely be a lot of charming jerks at her school that just want to say the slept with Hermione. I foresee some heartache.

Jammy
August 7th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Yeah apparently she is trying to stay well away from love interests. It's not limited to guys unfortunately, I would be second guessing everyone who tried to be my friend. If they liked me for the right reasons.

I really do feel bad for her.

Toadstool
August 7th, 2010, 10:55 AM

What she said.

ButterCream
August 7th, 2010, 10:55 AM

But maybe there is another side to her, I don't know. I am just thinking, since she is so famous now that she has to be carefull with who she says what to. Or else anything she reveals about her life, family and personal things etc, will end up on first page of gossip magazines etc.:(

I am sure she has her close cirkle of friends she trust that she can talk about other things with besides the topics that is safe for her to talk about.
But outside her own comfortzone she can`t allow herself to be to open, like we the "unfamous" can.

If we share a personal moment we don`t have to worry if someone will sell that story so a nice and personal moment ends up splattered all over magazines sold in shops she gets her coffe from...

I think she looks cute with this hair. Very very short yes, but I imagine it won`t take too long before she will grow it out again.
This was probably just something she needed to do right now, and coudos to her for that:)

missfortune9335
August 7th, 2010, 11:01 AM
wow, the thread took kind of a nasty turn eh? I've had my hair cut like that a few times in my life (and I'm not a lesbian, that's a ridiculious assumtion to make about anyone based on a hair style for pete sakes.) It was a fun, easy going hair cut and I always felt spunky with it :D it was also fun to grow out becuase of all the different styles you get to try out as it grows.
Now that I've decided I want long hair, I don't think I'll ever cut it that short again just because it does take a really long time to grow it all out, but I say good for her, and I'm glad she's happy with her new 'do

TrudieCat
August 7th, 2010, 11:01 AM
She looks great! Good for her. People on this site do what they want with their hair, and so should everyone else.

The idea that anything could make her look fat is completely outrageous. If she is fat, then I'm Jabba the Hutt. No haircut can make anyone look "like a lesbian" or not - sexual orientation is not about what a person looks like.

Lots of people have public personas that are different than who they really are, around the people who are closest to them. I'd say this is true for everyone with a facebook page - or an LHC profile - celebrity or no.

GlassEyes
August 7th, 2010, 11:03 AM

Yes.

Also, the title is probably the exact reason she did it. "Hermoine cut her hair?" No, Emma freaking Watson cut her bloody hair.

I think it looks nice. It's not terrible on her.

Edit: I read the entire thread. Lesbian? Really? It's a bloody freaking HAIRCUT.

melikai
August 7th, 2010, 11:03 AM
While I don't care about Emma's hair, I must comment on this:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I think that she had extensions in for some of the length, but even if she did, I agree with you.

I saw some pictures of her now and she looks horribly...ordinary. I wouldn't notice her at all in a room, whereas before it suited her entire look.

missfortune9335
August 7th, 2010, 11:06 AM
The idea that anything could make her look fat is completely outrageous. If she is fat, then I'm Jabba the Hutt. .

lol, I was just thinking the same thing! She's so tiny, if that's what we're calling fat these days, yowza I'm in biiiiig trouble

heidi w.
August 7th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I despise the language used in this article.
Chopping
The stylist grabbed....

I'm glad she's happy with her decision.

I don't think this is a flattering form for her profile, or full front face. I think the 'frame' unsuitable to her.

She's grown into a nice looking young lady.

I had this "Princess Di" look for some time myself.....and growing it all out as I did -- still to this day, there's a spot that doesn't grow near as fast as the rest and it's obvious in any full back photo that spot.

heidi w.

slythwolf
August 7th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I think it's really cute. It definitely makes her look older, possibly because we all associate her long hair with Hermione and a series of children's movies. But she's grown up now, and I can see why she'd want to distance herself from that, considering she's the one we kept hearing wasn't coming back for this movie or that movie over the years.

GoddesJourney
August 7th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Yeah apparently she is trying to stay well away from love interests. It's not limited to guys unfortunately, I would be second guessing everyone who tried to be my friend. If they liked me for the right reasons.

I really do feel bad for her.

Well, at least she's smart.

She looks great! Good for her. People on this site do what they want with their hair, and so should everyone else.

The idea that anything could make her look fat is completely outrageous. If she is fat, then I'm Jabba the Hutt. No haircut can make anyone look "like a lesbian" or not - sexual orientation is not about what a person looks like.

Lots of people have public personas that are different than who they really are, around the people who are closest to them. I'd say this is true for everyone with a facebook page - or an LHC profile - celebrity or no.

Yeah, I would even say on the thin side. She has young cheeks, which keep her from looking too skinny.

By the way, not everyone with an LHC profile is showing a public persona. I'm sure if someone who knows me in real life was reading my posts (and I had no pictures up) they would seem awfully familiar. Many people have quite the opposite problem of showing their personality way too much in the wrong situations. I actually had to learn how to act when I started working because I wasn't used to not being myself.

halo_tightens
August 7th, 2010, 11:17 AM
This was the first thing I saw when I got online this morning...

And I think she looks absolutely adorable! I too am reminded a bit of Twiggy.

Rock that pixie, Emma! :thumbsup:

TrudieCat
August 7th, 2010, 11:24 AM
By the way, not everyone with an LHC profile is showing a public persona. I'm sure if someone who knows me in real life was reading my posts (and I had no pictures up) they would seem awfully familiar. Many people have quite the opposite problem of showing their personality way too much in the wrong situations. I actually had to learn how to act when I started working because I wasn't used to not being myself.

Yes, this makes a lot of sense. I think "persona" was the wrong word for me to use. I just meant that people are very complex and there's sometimes much more to a person than what we see online or in the media. I think this is the case with Emma Watson - I wouldn't assume anything about her based on campus rumors or tweets or anything. I knew some people who went to Yale with Claire Danes and Barbara Bush the younger, and there were all sorts of stories about what they were like that went around. :shrug: Who knows if they were true? Those rumors were all about public perception.

BlackVulture
August 7th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I don't like it, but whatever makes her happy. I've never been a fan of pixies to start with though. I loved her hair in the first several movies, if not envied it.

dropinthebucket
August 7th, 2010, 12:54 PM
:drama:

seriously, she really cares what we think? and why should she? let's get back to talking about our *own* hair! it's much more interesting, and with luck, less offensive! :D

bumblebums
August 7th, 2010, 01:10 PM
I think she looks wonderful.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2010/stylewatch/blog/100816/emma-watson-02-500x375.jpg

nellreno
August 7th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Have they finished filming the harry potter movies? I hope so, I don't think a short-haired Hermione would go over well.

florenonite
August 7th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Have they finished filming the harry potter movies? I hope so, I don't think a short-haired Hermione would go over well.

Yeah, they've finished filming them all.

Jasperine
August 7th, 2010, 01:22 PM
I think she looks very very good! As you've all said, she's finally free to express herself through her hair :)

Evanna Lynch has been sporting extentions all the time.. She has often had tem out, so her with a shorter do is nothing new really

Evie
August 7th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I think she looks wonderful.

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2010/stylewatch/blog/100816/emma-watson-02-500x375.jpg

Oooh this is a great pic of it, I love the warm colour :D

If she is fat, then I'm Jabba the Hutt. .

:D:D:D ROFL, you and me both, TrudieCat

mariika
August 7th, 2010, 02:02 PM
to all those who didn't like my opinion - who cares? she looks ugly and that's a fact no matter how much you deny it. you probably wish all the hot girls cut their hair off to fair off the competition a bit. no one here said Emma looks hot with her new cut. BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT.

UltraBella
August 7th, 2010, 02:10 PM
She looks fat ? That's hysterical ! This little gal couldn't look fat if she tried.
She most definitely does not look ugly, a hair cut does not change the fact that she has a lovely face.

Evie
August 7th, 2010, 02:11 PM
t she looks ugly and that's a fact no matter how much you deny it.

No, it is not a 'fact'. It remains your opinion only, I'm afraid.

Thinthondiel
August 7th, 2010, 02:11 PM
to all those who didn't like my opinion - who cares? she looks ugly and that's a fact no matter how much you deny it. you probably wish all the hot girls cut their hair off to fair off the competition a bit. no one here said Emma looks hot with her new cut. BECAUSE SHE DOES NOT.

Beauty is subjective, and I, for one, think she looks amazing with this haircut; you can't just say that it's a fact that she looks ugly when that's just your personal opinion. Perhaps no one in this thread has used the word 'hot', but it seems you haven't noticed that there are lots of people who have stated that they really like her new haircut. It's not us 'denying' that she's ugly, it's us genuinely thinking she looks good with that haircut.

Also, you're basically stating that a woman becomes uglier when she cuts her hair short, and that's really offensive to women with short hair (there are women with short hair on this board, and women who have had short hair and liked it and women who may plan on having short hair sometime in the future).

mariika
August 7th, 2010, 02:19 PM
you're basically stating that a woman becomes uglier when she cuts her hair short
wow, that's what they call far-fetched

LouLaLa
August 7th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I think she looks like Mia Farrow.

She's super pretty, this cut brings out her eyes and in a way it must be nice to literally just wash and go, I mean that has to be pretty liberating! :p

If it works for her, lovely, she can always grow it back or not as she chooses.

Thinthondiel
August 7th, 2010, 02:23 PM
wow, that's what they call far-fetched

Really?

you probably wish all the hot girls cut their hair off to fair off the competition a bit.

This isn't stating that a 'hot girl' becomes uglier when she cuts her hair?

ETA: I realised I shouldn't have posted this... I don't want to start a fight in this thread (although it seems like it will be going that way anyway), so I'm not going to argue anymore.

florenonite
August 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM

It's not a fact that she looks ugly. In fact, although I prefer her hair long I do think she is quite attractive with it short. Ever heard the phrase "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? It is never a fact that someone is attractive or ugly. You said so yourself that it's your opinion.

I didn't say "hot" because I don't like that word and personally find it a bit demeaning. You might notice that others have used such words as "gorgeous" and "beautiful".

Merlin
August 7th, 2010, 02:38 PM
someone said she looks like a lesbian (not on this forum) and that sounded a tad offensive but, let's face it, doesn't she?

Gosh! Does she? Really?

I thought lesbians all looked like this (http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures.com/Celebrities/Portia-de-Rossi/Portia-de-Rossi-2.JPG)?

I really must re-appraise my views on how people look, especially as Mrs Merlin had exactly that cut once. Thanks ever so for enlightening me that my crass stereotypes were so wrong!

Jasperine
August 7th, 2010, 02:40 PM

No, it's not a "matter of fact", it's an opinion. I don't think she looks "hot", I never have, but she looks cute - in my opinion.

Lexy
August 7th, 2010, 02:41 PM
OK, I'm not totally sure why this thread needs to be one we fight about, but it seems like that is what's happening. Since the issue has been discussed to death already (9 pages??!!) I'm closing this thread.