PDA

View Full Version : GREAT updo!! ~Bohemian style~

Mariah!!
August 6th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I absolutely love the bohemian look. Here are some of my FAVE's!! :D

anything from this guy is great, but this is the *Bohemian braid with a twist (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oh4gRZo1WA)

This girl has awsome vid's, and here is a great updo (Mylie Cyrus one) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5snkM4Z4ZNc&playnext=1&videos=bQnHrM3zOhQ)

Rough boho Poneytail (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y3EBf7ds5M&feature=related)

Selina Gomez side bun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYPE3UUIts4)

I have done all but the first one, and they are all fantastic! I have longer hair then her, but I can easily adjust it for my almost waist length hair. In the Rough boho ponytail, I just did it like she said, but then I just pulled my hair through half way and did like she did in the selina Gomez side bun... (I have to use bigger pins then her though ;))

These are GREAT alternatives then the regular hair do's and updo's as it makes a messy but Bohemian style and feel to it. I like them all much better then the regular buns and chopstick hair do's. I love messy hair! So here you go, enjoy and try them out!:D

squiggyflop
August 6th, 2010, 11:52 PM
hmm well i like the idea of braiding decorative trim into the braid..
but for me any sort of messy chic look quickly turns into a messy gross look with the weather in CT.. plus messy causes tangles.. which would have been ok at the OP's hair length but not after i passed hip-tailbone length..

i wonder if i have trim that i could weave in.. i bet it would look good in a dutch braid classic

christine1989
August 7th, 2010, 01:01 AM
I love the idea of braiding in trim! I'm definatly giving it a try. :)

heidi w.
August 7th, 2010, 11:36 AM
I've been working with ribbons of all types for decades now: floral, plaid...I've even done a different ribbon per strand in a braid.

Bunning the tail of a braid is common.

I find it sooooo interesting that people keep renaming all this stuff.

I used to lie in bed at night and dream up some kind of shape/format for the next day and wake up every day and "do" my hair. I used to never leave the house without dangly earrings and without some kind of hair decore going on.

Then I got into antique hair combs.

I have problems waking up now, so these days I tend to do less and rely on the hair stick collection I have. (I have to be at work 5 days a week at 7:30 am....and soon our company is moving to about a 40 min drive one way....so that means leaving around 6:30 am. I won't be looking forward to the winter and this drive. = I don't get fancy on a daily basis anymore. I should look into amending this bad habit! LOL)

Have fun. This is incredibly easy to do. TIP: when taking such braids out, naturally, start at the bottom in reverse order and unwind. Don't try to get that kind of beaded ribbon out from the top down. You'll have a tangle on your hands otherwise. ALL updos, hairstyles, try to undo in reverse order to reduce any issues with tangles and removing stuff woven into hair.

heidi w.

GoddesJourney
August 7th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I love the first one. It's a flattering style, but it also makes her hair look like she has so much hair because of the way the braids were spread out and the "fluffy bunned". I may actually try this one.

Sarahmoon
August 7th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Love how someone commented the guy in the first video makes it look so easy... I thought it looked complicated :oops: and pins usually work themselves out of my hair.

Kirali421
August 7th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks for posting these. I am very interested in the side bun. I will definitely have to try it out for work one day. I also like how braiding in the trim looks cute. Whenever I tried to do, it looked very grade school on me. Thanks again for posting these Mariah. :)

GlassButrFly
August 7th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Thanks for posting these! Very pretty updo's. :)

I was looking at some of her (the girl in the last three links) videos, and she has a very interesting one called "how I scrunch my hair". I wouldn't really call it a scrunching technique per se, but it looks great when she's done. I want to try it asap! :D

sugarpixie10988
August 7th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Thanks for sharing, I love them all! My favorite is the first one, it's so pretty.. too bad I'm horrible at doing anything more complex than a normal braid with my hair :p.

Medievalmaniac
August 7th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Am I the only hip-lengther who saw that beaded trim and thought "ripping, tearing, tangles, oh, no!"? I think a plain ribbon would be lovely, but those bead dangles just looked like a big, neon "danger ahead" sign in terms of snagging and tearing hairs out on the way off at the end of a day of wearing them...! :(

jasper
August 7th, 2010, 06:08 PM
That beaded ribbon in the first video scared me. I kept imagining how it would snag and wondering how she will get it out without breaking hairs! It was a cute style.

Sarahmoon
August 8th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Am I the only hip-lengther who saw that beaded trim and thought "ripping, tearing, tangles, oh, no!"? I think a plain ribbon would be lovely, but those bead dangles just looked like a big, neon "danger ahead" sign in terms of snagging and tearing hairs out on the way off at the end of a day of wearing them...! :(

Don't know about being the only hip-lengther but yeah I was thinking about it as well. Maybe it could work if you do it reaaaal careful. Though my hair already tangles a bit at the bottom if I'd have to divide the sections near the scalp :o

Harriet
August 8th, 2010, 02:19 PM
I love the last one, I might try it tomorrow. And it took her less than 4 minutes to do!

ritza
August 13th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks! I really love the first video...

Happy Hair Growing!