PDA

View Full Version : need some help today!

RachelRain
August 6th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Okay. I usually only do things to my hair when it's soaked (as in literally right out of the shower. I'll brush it without even squeezing water out of it if I can get away with that, and then braid it... or if I'm planning on a bun I'll squeeze it, make my boyfriend brush it, and up it'll go) BUT...

I didn't have the chance to hop in the shower and soak my head this morning before I went to put it up. Yes, I could braid it, but it's ridiculously hot right now so I don't want it down, and every bun/clipped thing I try to do to it, falls out within 20 minutes.

I know it's heavier when it's wet, so I can't figure out what's going on and I'm getting really frustrated. I already tried adding conditioner to it, and spraying my hair with water, but neither worked, so... does anybody have a trick I can try, before I get so frustrated I chop it all off?

Gumball
August 6th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Do you have a hairstick with you? The Nautilus bun is quick, easy, and tends to hold like a rock. It would keep your hair from hanging down and making you swelter.

RachelRain
August 6th, 2010, 03:30 PM
I think I have a chopstick in the car that broke and got filed down... I could try that. Hopefully that one works! Thank you :)

jera
August 6th, 2010, 03:36 PM
I agree with Gumball. A hairstick works well, and sure, you can use a chopstick in an emergency if you don't have a hairstick. :D

RachelRain
August 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM
that still slipped out, so he bought me some weird new clippies since we were in a store when it happened. the clippies are working, but I'm definitely going to make it a point to soak my hair before I do anything from now on.

thanks for the idea though :)

NorthernDancer
August 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Hairsticks are lifesavers. I have them everywhere! Even in the car.