PDA

View Full Version : Topical Sulfur Use, Anyone?

Mel
August 5th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I know a lot of people have been using supplements with sulfur in them but I'm wondering who, if anyone, uses sulfur ON their scalp. If this has been posted somewhere else I apologize - I just couldn't seem to really find anything.

I've been using Mane, Tail, Groom on my scalp. I use it every other night and wash it out in the AM. The smell is pretty bad but using it overnight hasn't been a problem. I've only been using it for a couple weeks but I've gotten a half an inch!

I know sulfur on the scalp doesn't work for everyone but I wanted to know what other people's experiences were with sulfur based products. Did you get good growth? Did you have any side effects? Am I the only one doing this?!

JenniferNoel
August 5th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Lots of sulfur in the water here. I do get pretty fast hair growth. I'll be lurking this thread, been wondering about it myself.

Centaur
August 5th, 2010, 05:33 PM
There is a thread somewhere around here where folks talked about using Shapely's MTG, which is for horses, but there is also a human hair equivalent - can't remember the name. Anyway, some folks use either the horse or human hair product, and one of the main ingredients in both is sulfur. The human product smells better. I believe the cade oil is what makes it smell kinda bad. Also, the MTG is very oily.

Jammy
August 5th, 2010, 05:40 PM
what about some kind of topical MSM concoction?

Centaur
August 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Ahhh...Sulu MaxGro - that is the human product I was thinking of!

ghost
August 5th, 2010, 08:29 PM
The most I've ever done is use an egg yolk as part of a hair treatment. I don't do it often enough to get growth results from it (maybe I should try!) but it did make my hair very full and shiny. It was kind of hard to get out of my hair, though.

ChloeDharma
August 6th, 2010, 04:50 AM
what about some kind of topical MSM concoction?

Yup, you can buy the powder, or break open a capsule to get the MSM. I was thinking adding it to a DT might work.

Mel
August 6th, 2010, 05:52 AM
There is a thread somewhere around here where folks talked about using Shapely's MTG, which is for horses, but there is also a human hair equivalent - can't remember the name. Anyway, some folks use either the horse or human hair product, and one of the main ingredients in both is sulfur. The human product smells better. I believe the cade oil is what makes it smell kinda bad. Also, the MTG is very oily.

I had heard that there was a human version but wasn't able to find it so I went with the MTG. It is very oily and I learned the hard way that a little bit goes a long way!

So far it seems to be working good for me so I'm going to try going another 2 weeks and see where I'm at.

Marjolein
August 6th, 2010, 07:34 AM
@ Mel: Is it easy to remove from your hair? I always have a hard time getting heavier oil's out of my hair. And how about the smell, I've heard it smells like bacon, or rotten eggs. Is it really that bad?