PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait...

Cinnamoon
August 5th, 2010, 02:19 PM
...until I can make a fully rolled sock bun.
...until I can play with my cat with my braid.
...until I can use all my hairsticks.

How about you?

Qwackie
August 5th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Until I can pin my bangs back. They're long enough to get in my eyes but too short to pin back.

Harriet
August 5th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I can't wait to be able to make a really pretty rose bun/rope braided bun!

tinti
August 5th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Untill my layers are gone so that so that I can make a fully rolled sock bun, and so that I can make braids better.
Untill I can decide to bang or not to ... I still don't know what I want :p

jera
August 5th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I can't wait until I can kneel on my hair. :p I'm almost sitting on it. :D

freckles
August 5th, 2010, 02:41 PM
until I can make a coronet braid.
until I can make a (nice looking) bunnytail.

:)

Merewen
August 5th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Until my braids wrap far enough my head for me to tape them. Not QUITE there yet.

Katrina
August 5th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Until I have all virgin hair.

emsahib
August 5th, 2010, 03:37 PM
for my hair to grow to armpit level, I'd like it alot longer but this would be a good start and make me begin to feel like I had long hair

Kristin
August 5th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Until I have enough growth to feel comfortable trimming. My hemline is looking pretty silly.

MNoelH
August 5th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Until I can understand all of these terms y'all throw around.

- taping braids?
- coronet braid"
- lace braid?
- bunnytail?

Regarding the sock bun, is there any way a scrunchie would work? I wrapped in fabric pony tail holder? I think I have one left from the 80s that I might try.

ghost
August 5th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Until I have virgin, at least hip length hair.

VanillaTresses
August 5th, 2010, 08:25 PM
...until I can do a ponytail without having to use barrettes to hold back loose hair.
...until my small Flexi8 can be used for updos without barrettes or ponytail holders!

apynip
August 5th, 2010, 08:30 PM
....until i can do a braid in a half up half down style.

MissCoco
August 5th, 2010, 08:39 PM
...until all of my hair is the same length, and classic length! Grow bangs, grow!

florenonite
August 5th, 2010, 08:53 PM
...until I can play with my hairsticks again.
...until I can do a French braid.

sarah061
August 5th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I can't wait until my hair is finally long enough to cover my breasts (Am I allowed to say breasts?) - I think that looks so pretty, especially at the beach!

I just want it to be waist length soooo bad!!

freckles
August 6th, 2010, 04:17 AM
Until I can understand all of these terms y'all throw around.

- taping braids?
- coronet braid"
- lace braid?
- bunnytail?

well, you won't have to wait as long as the rest of us :D

hair taping involves 'sewing' braids onto your head ... Torrin has a tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbAdvL8kME).
coronet braid, or fake crown braid, involves braiding hair and wrapping it all the way around your head ... like this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=78).
A lace braid is similar to a french or dutch braid except that hair is only taken in from one side (I believe).
A bunnytail is a cross between a bun and a ponytail (good for the 'ponytail look' on super long hair). Here's an example of one thing I would call a bunnytail, but there's lots of ways to do it. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43235&highlight=bunnytail)

Kibitzer
August 6th, 2010, 04:22 AM
I can't wait to master the crown braid. I also can't wait for my hair to reach mid thigh.[/B]

Barniie
August 6th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Until I can have hair like a girl at my schools - blonde, thick and tailbone. :thud:

Monsterkitti
August 6th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Till..

My hair is TBL :)
I can do even twin french briads I'll wear out uncovered :) Practice makes perfect I guess :D

BunnyBee
August 6th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Until my hair is longer than it was when I signed up 2 years ago ¬_¬

Must. Stop. Trimming.

kristymarie87
August 6th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Until-

>My hair is APL
>My hair doesnt flick out everywhere
>I dont have to striaghten my hair!

MNoelH
August 6th, 2010, 11:37 AM
well, you won't have to wait as long as the rest of us :D

hair taping involves 'sewing' braids onto your head ... Torrin has a tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbAdvL8kME).
coronet braid, or fake crown braid, involves braiding hair and wrapping it all the way around your head ... like this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=78).
A lace braid is similar to a french or dutch braid except that hair is only taken in from one side (I believe).
A bunnytail is a cross between a bun and a ponytail (good for the 'ponytail look' on super long hair). Here's an example of one thing I would call a bunnytail, but there's lots of ways to do it. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=43235&highlight=bunnytail)

Thank you so much!!!

Cinnamoon
August 6th, 2010, 03:31 PM
...Until I can make beautiful heatless curls and waves.

MissManda
August 6th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I cannot wait until

- I can actually get my hair up into all of the pretty buns that I have been seeing around here.
- My hair is not as tapered and my braid can be of a uniform thickness.
- My braid gets long enough to swing behind my back and be pulled over my shoulder.
- My next trim will probably remove all of the remaining chemical damage to my hair and I will have all-virgin hair! Yay!

CitznMag
August 6th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I can't wait till...I can have it as long as I had it in my avatar and can braid it again. And can make a big bun and use my hair sticks again. Patience, patience.....

NorthernDancer
August 6th, 2010, 04:57 PM
-I grow out my face framing layers. I just trimmed off the layers in the bulk of my hair, but my face framing still starts between shoulder and APL. That will take forever!
-I grow out my colored hair. I just used Buxus Dioica (kind of like henna, but ashy-brown) to cover my bleached hair. This makes it more my natural color, so hopefully the line between colored and virgin will be less noticeable.
-I reach hip or tailbone, not sure which. I ideally want my hair to be waist when pulled in front.