PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need a hair color for my mum!!

mali
August 5th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Okay,so my mom wants to dye her hair and she has pale skin with lots,lots of freckles and really pink undertones in her skin and also has brown eyes.What dye should I choose?I don't really like these chemicals,I like henna but she wants bad stuff! UGH! THANKS!:):):)
Her natural color is a dark brown and now she is blonde.She would prefer blonde and she's 43.No,she's not gray.

squiggyflop
August 5th, 2010, 01:11 PM
is she going red or is she looking for brown or blond?

ETA is she gray haired (grays sometimes need a better dye to turn them colors)

linda g
August 5th, 2010, 01:11 PM
What is her starting hair color?

Harriet
August 5th, 2010, 01:39 PM
I have very pale skin, lots of freckles and pink undertones! My natural colour seems to suit me well which is light auburn/strawberry blond, but i've dyes my hair darker red in the past and found that that suits me somewhat aswell. I did find with the darker hair I felt the need to wear a lot of eye makeup to stop the dark hair making me look really pale though.

I've never gone blonde so i'm not sure if that suits my skin tone or not.
What sort of blonde is she at the moment?

naereid
August 6th, 2010, 02:11 AM
She sounds like me and I like copper on myself. Haven't tried any other hair colour than that and virgin dark brown. :o

julliams
August 6th, 2010, 04:25 AM
I was going to suggest a strawberry blonde too. I'm a strawberry and have pale skin but no freckles and it has more of a golden tone to it. But I have seen many with the skin you describe who have strawberry hair so perhaps that will look nice too. If she has dark brown hair normally, that suggests to me that many colours will suit her. Is there anywhere you can go and she can try on wigs? I have tried on a brown wig and with my skin tone it looks awful. Not sure why (could be the light eyebrows???)

mali
August 6th, 2010, 09:20 AM
I have very pale skin, lots of freckles and pink undertones! My natural colour seems to suit me well which is light auburn/strawberry blond, but i've dyes my hair darker red in the past and found that that suits me somewhat aswell. I did find with the darker hair I felt the need to wear a lot of eye makeup to stop the dark hair making me look really pale though.

I've never gone blonde so i'm not sure if that suits my skin tone or not.
What sort of blonde is she at the moment?
She is a yellow blonde that doesn't suit her at all,so she wants to dye her hair again.

Anje
August 6th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I'll add a vote for strawberry blond. I see enough pink-toned folks with that sort of color naturally to think it'll look pretty good. Otherwise, maybe an ashy blond would work...

Also, you might want to invest in some of those purple-toned anti-brassy blond products. I can imagine that yellow-blond wouldn't work with the skin tone you describe, and they might also help keep a strawberry blond a little on the cooler side.