PDA

View Full Version : Color shifts, dye or not to dye?

eamane
August 5th, 2010, 01:37 AM
Even though I have dyed my hair sooooo many times with both hendigo and chemical black dye, I still have a few streaks in my hair that just won't be black. I don't think I can accidentilly miss those exact streaks every time so I don't know what I do wrong.
Now I'm thinking either try to lighten my hair to almost the same as those streaks by honey and EVOO, or get a little help to dye just only those streaks. What do you think?
Or should I just leave it as it is? It will eventually grow out but that will take years!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4876&pictureid=78665

Hotrox
August 5th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Are the streaks of hair in some way different from your other hair?

Grey? Previously hi-lighted? anything like that.....

Oh wait.......

I can see in your siggy little patches of redder/lighter hair near you hemline- is that what you are talking about?

I think they look nice :D

UltraBella
August 5th, 2010, 02:24 AM
I definitely see them. I think if it was my hair it would bother me to have certain areas a different color like that. Both colors are pretty though. I am not quite sure how you should go about fixing it.......

Gypsygirl
August 5th, 2010, 02:27 AM
I think I'd just let it grow out- it doesn't look that bad. If you want to do something, then go to a salon and have a professional re-color only those streaks and leave the rest of your hair alone. Just my 2 cents... :)

eamane
August 5th, 2010, 02:34 AM
Are the streaks of hair in some way different from your other hair?

Grey? Previously hi-lighted? anything like that.....

Oh wait.......

I can see in your siggy little patches of redder/lighter hair near you hemline- is that what you are talking about?

I think they look nice :D
The grey roots are now being covered with semi-permanent dye since hendigo made it bright red. :p
But those patches is what I mean yes. They are not higlighted any way, I have used any such for more than 10 years so any color that may have been upon those hairs have been black or hendigo.
But oh! I just thought of something, I have done some pretty heavy oiling sometimes, could that have stripped the color there and nowhere else?

eamane
August 5th, 2010, 02:40 AM
I definitely see them. I think if it was my hair it would bother me to have certain areas a different color like that. Both colors are pretty though. I am not quite sure how you should go about fixing it.......
I know, I think I like both colors pretty well. I did ask DH his opinion on which color I should go for :rolleyes: :
"Just do as you think best" Not the answer I was looking for :rolleyes:

I think I'd just let it grow out- it doesn't look that bad. If you want to do something, then go to a salon and have a professional re-color only those streaks and leave the rest of your hair alone. Just my 2 cents... :)
I have a friend I trust that can probably help me with the dying if that's what I decide to do, but growing it out, yes, it's a possibility, but it will take ages! Especially since I don't want to cut anytime soon ;)

FrannyG
August 5th, 2010, 03:03 AM
I definitely see the colour difference, but it looks rather pretty to my eye. It looks like some natural highlights from previous summers, much like some people with natural hair colour get.

I think if it were me, I'd just leave it.

emsahib
August 5th, 2010, 06:52 AM
I dyed my hair at home once and it came out a bit patchy and my hair dresser said that for some reason some of my hair hadn't taken the dye (not sure of the reason for this) I've dyed it other times and its been fine. It might be because those bits are red that they won't dye well as even though red dye is meant to fade loads if you put more dye on it it makes the red stronger. Well that's what I've been told anyway and I had red hair for a while and when I tried dying it back to brown took a few atempts for the red to dissapear.

akrasia
August 5th, 2010, 07:03 AM
I can see that there are different colored bits but I think that looks nice! Few people really have monochronistic hair anyway. In your shoes, I wouldn't bother with trying to "fix" anything, just let it be.