PDA

View Full Version : made my goal but....

Elainehali
August 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Tommorrow morning I'm getting my haircut. My lovely hairstylist friend is doing it. :eyebrows:

It's still going to be long-ish. I'm cutting to BSL with lots of layers. That was my favorite updo length. At hip I find my updos are too difficult and I've only made buns for the longest time!!

Today when I was shopping I got a couple complements on my hair, and instead of just saying thank you I asked if it was the color or the length which was so pretty. All three said color. =D Henna is for me, for life.

I'll post pics of my "after" as long as it's not against the rules.

much love LHC. I don't see myself leaving, but my maybe posting some updos for the BSL folks.

Gumball
August 4th, 2010, 09:21 PM
They would definitely appreciate your styling knowledge in the BSL areas. Congrats on reaching your goal, Elainehali! I hope you'll love your new length. :D I agree that your color is gorgeous!

misspriss
August 4th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I just had my waist length hair cut to BSL and layers, and I love it. I am very happy. Your hair is beautiful and I'm sure you will love your new cut too!

Oh and BSL is considerd long hair, so don't feel like you would no longer be welcome or anything!

sarah061
August 4th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Congrats on your new hairstyle decision, I'm sure it will look wonderful! And as I finally approach BSL for the first time *ever* I would be so grateful to have some more updo tutorials. Your hair is gorgeous and I'd love to see the before and after photos (those are my favorite kind) :)

Loreley
August 5th, 2010, 02:17 AM
I hope you'll like the new hair style! *waiting for pics* :drama:

Gypsygirl
August 5th, 2010, 02:22 AM
Can't wait to see your pix! I love layers and am dying to see what they will look like in your 1a hair! :)

Arctic_Mama
August 5th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I struggled with updos at BSL, so I know I would have appreciated a style focus at that length! I think it will be lovely on you and super helpful to others.

FrannyG
August 5th, 2010, 03:09 AM
First of all, congratulations on making your goal!!! :hollie:

As for your decision, BSL is still considered long hair by most of us, and by pretty much all of the world outside of LHC. I'm happy that you are doing what makes you happy. That's all that's important.

Of course you can show "after" photos. I do hope that you do still stick around. We need members with all lengths here, and your knowledge as well. Best of luck, and I can't wait for photos. :blossom:

freckles
August 5th, 2010, 04:24 AM
I'm excited to see pictures :) You really do have gorgeous hair!

Joliebaby
August 5th, 2010, 04:39 AM
Can't wait for before and after pics :) You sound like you have put a lot of thought into it and know what you want!
My hair is just about bsl and layered (last 4" or so) and I look forward to some bsl updo inspiration :D

Cheeks1206
August 5th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Congrats on reaching your goal and for going for a length and style you know you'll love. I'm with the others, I can't wait to see pics!

tinti
August 5th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Oh, please post some updos :) I have a lot of layers and an inch past bsl so I know I'll appreciate some updo tips, because I'm mad at my layers because they stick out in chunks :p
And congratulation on your goal and deciding what lenght you want!

melrose1985
August 5th, 2010, 08:52 AM
You henna is stunning! Good luck with the cut and your style and updos would be great, I'm about BSL with layers and have a hard time.

Curlsgirl
August 5th, 2010, 09:04 AM
I just cut back from waist to BSL with layers myself. I missed my curls, the length was weighing them down. It is hard to get used to. I do miss the length some but I LOVE how it curls again! And I like the little wispy crazy parts from the layers (ala curly hair). There are pros and cons, for me I needed a change. Please don't stop coming here! There are lots of BSL people here!

goldenoak
August 5th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I just cut back from waist to BSL with layers myself. I missed my curls, the length was weighing them down. It is hard to get used to. I do miss the length some but I LOVE how it curls again! And I like the little wispy crazy parts from the layers (ala curly hair). There are pros and cons, for me I needed a change. Please don't stop coming here! There are lots of BSL people here!

Hooray for your returned curls! I've been wondering if there's a way to get fine curly hair to look good-and-curly past BSL. I've seen photos of some fantastic WL curls-all-the-way in magazines, but I wonder if they weren't the result of cunning styling tricks rather than a product of nature.

goldenoak
August 5th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Tommorrow morning I'm getting my haircut. My lovely hairstylist friend is doing it. :eyebrows:

Congratulations, both on reaching your goal and on not feeling bound to stay there! :)

Jessica Trapp
August 5th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Congratulations, both on reaching your goal and on not feeling bound to stay there! :)

Ditto!

Looking forward to the photos.

:flower: jes

Anje
August 5th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Enjoy!

FWIW, I know I struggled with updos at hip, and it got easier when it got a bit longer. In case you ever want to grow back/beyond.

Yozhik
August 5th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Congratulations on reaching your goal! I'm sure you'll love revisiting BSL.

I think I've finally reached it, so I'd really appreciate the updo advice, too! :)

Fern
August 5th, 2010, 11:02 AM
I just cut 4 or more inches off my hair so now its back to BSL and I have no clue what to do with it so I would really love some photos and style help.

Spike
August 5th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Mmmmm . . . to steal from the Renegrays, "It's not the length, but the attitude."

Others have already said that BSL is still "long" in the main world, so I wanna focus on the idea that it's about having hair that is (a) healthy, and (b) makes the WEARER happy. Sounds like you found your perfect length--congrats!!

Looking forward to BSL updos--the very longest tippy-toe layers of my hair are solid BSL, so I'll have a good year or so before I get out of the BSL range.

heynormy
August 5th, 2010, 01:54 PM
1. Congrats on reaching your goal!
2. I can't wait to see some BSL updos! My hair is also layered and I have just been having the hardest time getting any of my updos to stay put or look nice!
Can't wait to see pictures!:D

ghost
August 5th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Good luck with your cut! I agree that BSL with long layers is very pretty, and that styling tutorials for this length of hair would be particularly useful.
Your hair IS stunning -I absolutely love the color, and it looks so healthy.

Curlsgirl
August 5th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Hooray for your returned curls! I've been wondering if there's a way to get fine curly hair to look good-and-curly past BSL. I've seen photos of some fantastic WL curls-all-the-way in magazines, but I wonder if they weren't the result of cunning styling tricks rather than a product of nature.

It seems to be a tradeout at least for a lot of us curlies. I just really missed my curls. I honestly didn't know I had fine-ish hair until I went this time for the cut. My stylist told me hair was fairly fine and that was why it tangles so easily. Who knew??? Anyway, I changed my profile to match that. I have also lost some thickness lately due to a hormonal shed so went from iii to ii/iii. The cut has really helped it look really full again, almost TOO much but it will settle down when the humidity goes back down.

missfortune9335
August 5th, 2010, 07:02 PM
congratulations on making your goal, and looking forward to all the new photos and updos (BSL is my next goal on my way to waist, I'm currently at APL so you'll still be quite an inspiration to me!)

Peter
August 5th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Your henna color is awesome!

Hoping to see "after" pics. :)

Elainehali
August 5th, 2010, 10:12 PM
If you're interested here's the change. First one is a before. second is cut and straight. Third one is curls.. last one is the curls monster!!!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/elainehali/296.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/elainehali/300.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/elainehali/304.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d112/elainehali/303.jpg

Hotrox
August 5th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Wow - its looks truly beautiful. The colour, the shine, amazing

Juneii
August 5th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Looks great Elaine! BSL is still considered "long" to the rest of the world.

Luckysock
August 5th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Looks great :D How does it feel?

freckles
August 6th, 2010, 03:31 AM
your hair is gorgeous :) I'm glad you're happy with the new cut!

Gothic Lolita
August 6th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Your hair looks stunning! I'm glad that you like your new cu and I think it suits you really well! Especially with those nice curls that would nebver hold a second in my own hair! I love it.

mariika
August 6th, 2010, 04:19 AM
you really needed that cut, curly looks great and the colour is magnificent

fairystar32
August 6th, 2010, 04:21 AM
beautiful
xx

Barniie
August 6th, 2010, 05:03 AM
:thud:

no

:thudpile:

Flossy
August 6th, 2010, 05:16 AM
:thud:

no

:thudpile:

I agree with Barniie ;)

Nae
August 6th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Add me to the thud-pile! Your hair is beautiful!

sarah061
August 6th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Wow, your hair looks amazing Elaine!! Thanks for posting those pictures - it's absolutely gorgeous :)

Kathie
August 6th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I like it both before and after! Its so pretty.

spidermom
August 6th, 2010, 04:59 PM
I felt a little jolt of "shock", which tells me that although your hair looks really pretty both before and after, and I'm happy that you love it, I definitely am not ready to go for something shorter myself (although sometimes I entertain the concept).

missjessiecakes
August 6th, 2010, 06:31 PM
The before is lovely but those curls! holy cow.

Very pretty

Gypsygirl
August 10th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Gorgeous, Elaine! Thanks for sharing the pix! So beautiful, I love your new layers!!! :cheese:

Kristin
August 10th, 2010, 09:17 AM
You cut looks lovely, Elaine! Hope you're loving it!

Calaelen
August 10th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Your hair is beautiful. I'm having some henna envy..lol. The layers do look really good, and I'm glad you love the cut!

renarok
August 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM
You look so pretty in the last monster curl photo. I hope you had someplace wonderful to go celebrate your new hair!

blctsyllwdg
August 10th, 2010, 02:12 PM
So pretty! If my hair would behave shorter instead of being a curly mess, BSL is so much cooler. Long enough to put up, not so hot. To get curling to classic, you start with very tight curls that riot at BSL. Think we all want what our hair isn't.