PDA

View Full Version : Major hair milestones?

johnnysgirl
August 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM
My hair is finally longer than it has ever been before in my life (which is saying something!). Either that, or it's not soft anymore, lol - but the past two days the weirdest thing has been happening - I take my stick out, and the bun stays in. Just for kicks, I leave it alone to see how long it will stay there, and it seems it is content to stay in its little nautilus knot indefinitely. No more slippery cascade. Which I loved, but I also love a knot which stays without any pulling sticks.

What milestones have you reached that marked, "wow, my hair is finally long!"?

Merewen
August 5th, 2010, 11:49 AM
My most recent one is similar to yours. I can tie my hair in a knot and have it stay. It's actually pretty sturdy as long as I'm not jumping around too much.

cmnt831
August 5th, 2010, 11:58 AM
My most recent one is similar to yours. I can tie my hair in a knot and have it stay. It's actually pretty sturdy as long as I'm not jumping around too much.

Same for me. :) Just realized this a couple days ago.

ifyouforget
August 5th, 2010, 12:49 PM
My hair is finally longer than it has ever been before in my life (which is saying something!). Either that, or it's not soft anymore, lol - but the past two days the weirdest thing has been happening - I take my stick out, and the bun stays in. Just for kicks, I leave it alone to see how long it will stay there, and it seems it is content to stay in its little nautilus knot indefinitely. No more slippery cascade. Which I loved, but I also love a knot which stays without any pulling sticks.

What milestones have you reached that marked, "wow, my hair is finally long!"?

No milestones of my own, but wanted to say I always loved doing that. Then I'd get fidgety and shake my head hard to make it fall out. :P

ETA- by "that" I mean pulling out my hairsticks and seeing how long the bun will hold.

farewell_nancy
August 5th, 2010, 01:42 PM
I'm back at the longest length I've ever had and I had the longest hair at the wedding I attended this week (unless those two ladies in updos beat me, it's impossible to know). Two girls came really close to my length but I had them beat by an inch or two.

Ludde
November 29th, 2010, 03:49 AM
My hair is functional and keep makes me proud like I have never been before. That is certainly a milestone in my life. Yes, it is long - again - but in many aspects in a much better condition than ever before.

pepperminttea
November 29th, 2010, 06:57 AM
You might like the Mini-Milestones Thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=41971). :)

growing2shine
November 29th, 2010, 07:07 AM
The other day it was time for me to take a new length shot, (which I do every other month) and I realized that my hair had reached waist! Even beyond in the left side!!! And I didn't think it would be until christmas! So im very happy! :D

And also im not quite sure how long my hair was when I got the big cut, years back, but I know that my hair is now longer than ever!!! So double, major, hair milestone.

Congratulations to all who just hit a new hair milestone! :cheer:

luxepiggy
November 29th, 2010, 07:18 AM
My hair has been past waist since I was young, but I remember the first time I realized that my hair had gotten longer than usual: I was leaning forward in my chair to get something, but I was stuck! :confused:

:ponder:

:hmm:

As you probably guessed, I realized that I was sitting on my own hair :rolleyes: