PDA

View Full Version : Bad yearbook photos

lynnala
August 4th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but check out the hair! Oh man! Especially some of the bird nests on the girls. :eek:

http://badyearbookphotos.com/page/1

Eilean
August 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Oh man! I would hide some of the pictures, not publish them online...

Jasperine
August 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Sometimes I just don't get fashion xD

sibiryachka
August 4th, 2010, 02:43 PM
That makes me feel soooo much better about my own!

Anje
August 4th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Wow... Some of those aren't so bad, there are others I would burn.

mali
August 4th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Hilarious! I wouldn't have the guts!:spitting:

breezefaerie
August 4th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Ha! I totally rocked the big hair in the 80's! We were fabulous!

Jenw777
August 4th, 2010, 03:06 PM
It's only a matter of time until my picture ends up on there. I was uglyyyyyyyyyy and unphotogenic.

Tiina
August 4th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Call me crazy if you like but I dig the hair on the guy who has shaved the sides and kept that wild mane in the middle. Rad. :cool:

eamane
August 4th, 2010, 03:11 PM
:spitting:Some of those pics.... ROFL :lol:

akrasia
August 4th, 2010, 04:41 PM
I don't dare look. I'm sure mine's there.

annarose
August 4th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Akrasia, I was worried about that too, lol!

Hey how did we ever make our hair stand up so darn high? I could never manage that and just went for the flat look, but always secretly coveted that incredibly high forehead style.
Like, how much hairspray did we use back then? :crazyq:

Drynwhyl
August 4th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I'm gonna wait 20 years to see all the platinum flat ironed blondies with fake orange tan and blue makeup posted on sites like this. ^^

wvgemini
August 4th, 2010, 06:02 PM
LOL! Yeah, some of those looks are strangely familiar ...

sarah061
August 4th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Omg! Those are hilarious; almost painful to look at! It's hard to believe that someday people will be looking at our photos with the same shock.

sarah061
August 4th, 2010, 06:17 PM
I'm gonna wait 20 years to see all the platinum flat ironed blondies with fake orange tan and blue makeup posted on sites like this. ^^

Ha! Exactly!!

Sammich
August 4th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Very awesome! :D

TinaDenali
August 4th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Holy cow... those are some 'dos. Wow.

MonikaHa
August 4th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Some of the guys have really impressive mullets LOOOL

Coriander
August 4th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Oh the awkwardness of yearbook photos!!!

Who didn't have the huge hair in the '80's and '90's? I tried my hardest to have the HUGE bangs but with a center cowlick it was horrible. :lol:

shawty
August 4th, 2010, 07:40 PM
My fifth grade yearbook photo. The woman said "say cheese" and I did, but she took the photo *while* I was saying cheese. Okay, make a CH sound and freeze with it still on your face. That's the face I had in my photo. I was deeply embarrassed of it until I was about 18.

atlantaz3
August 4th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I have one of those photos with the eye patch - nice to see someone else got one of those also. My mother used to tell people I got bit by an alligator - we lived in NJ at the time.

Kibitzer
August 4th, 2010, 08:20 PM
That was the reason I worked so hard to avoid pictures in school. No matter how cool we think it is at the time when we look back at them it's almost always what was I thinking.

Elistariel
August 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Reminds me of http://www.laserportraits.net/

Copasetic
August 4th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I don't dare look. I'm sure mine's there.

Part of me really thought I would be on there :P

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I really hate websites that exist only to make fun of people :(

Nat242
August 4th, 2010, 09:40 PM
I really hope that website works because people are submitting photos of themselves, rather than seeking to humiliate old classmates and posting their photos without permission.

Elistariel
August 4th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I have no shame.

http://www.laserportraits.net/post/326992802/i-submit-to-you-three-of-my-own-school-photos-not

Okay they're not the worst of what I have, that windsuit is stylin' though. I submitted those a good while back and wasn't sure if they ever made it to the page.

Vampire
August 4th, 2010, 11:26 PM
These are great :)
Sometimes I wish we had these year books in my country but i'm kinda glad we dont :D

Elistariel
August 5th, 2010, 02:10 AM
These are great :)
Sometimes I wish we had these year books in my country but i'm kinda glad we dont :D

It took me forever to get my grandmother to understand that we didn't do school pictures in college, especially not community college. :p

cindy58
August 5th, 2010, 08:49 AM
The photos make me giggle, at first I was going to say it's hard to believe they're true, but I know they are.

I would never willingly show my yearbook photo! The only good thing I can say about it now was that I looked so young and fresh faced. But the hair and glasses were truly a trip.

Anje
August 5th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I have no shame.

http://www.laserportraits.net/post/326992802/i-submit-to-you-three-of-my-own-school-photos-not

Okay they're not the worst of what I have, that windsuit is stylin' though. I submitted those a good while back and wasn't sure if they ever made it to the page.
Oh yes, the windsuits!

I have to admit, there's a part of me that still likes those things.

Spike
August 5th, 2010, 11:22 AM
And Elle magazine (via MSN) says big hair is coming back into style . . .

When I think of all the time I spent wrestling my wavy hair into submission. Now I wash it, let it air dry, and I swear I used to perm it to get this volume. Had I only known then, right?

Coriander
August 5th, 2010, 12:37 PM
In the spirit of laughing at photos like this, I promise to dig up my 10th grade yearbook photo this afternoon. Prominent front teeth, bad hairsprayed bangs, and complete awkwardness all around. :lol:

Elistariel
August 5th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I'm not going to show it on here, but I think my favorite school photo ever is of my mom in elementary school, not first grade. The story behind it is her aunt told her to smile pretty and apparently my mother was feeling a bit snarky or cheeky and instead of smiling did a sort of Elvis lip curl.

Lilacs
August 5th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Those are too funny! I'm upset with my own photos, not yearbook because I didn't have a yearbook but family photos, because the photographers always told me to show my teeth when I was smiling so all of my pictures have the same dorky, toothy smile!!! And I had a rather large gap between my two front teeth until I was about 13 and they finally came together :p My hair has always been pretty much the same, no popular styles at all, just plain hair worn down and bangs sometimes...

MsBubbles
August 5th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Yeah. I'm glad they didn't have 'yearbooks' where I grew up! Doesn't mean my 6th form (senior year) photo wasn't absolutely atrocious.

Looking at those photos on that yearbook site makes me realize why I hated my hair so much in the 80s (it's flat).

HintOfMint
August 6th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Oh my goodness, the multicolored shooting stars background! I had that!

Tomato
August 6th, 2010, 02:51 AM
In Austria we don not have these kind of year books (rhyming with weird books???)... and I glad about that!
I would certainly feature in this collection :eyebrows:

ilovelonghair
August 6th, 2010, 03:32 AM
The one of the girl with the blonde straight hair and curly fringe!!!! (on first page)

Last picture on page 4......:D

We had a yearbook at school, but that was only for the last year.

Not a yearbook picture, but in the same year as the yearbook one was taken, with horribly fried hair:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1890&pictureid=78775