PDA

View Full Version : has my hair thinned too much?

sakuraemily
August 4th, 2010, 06:00 AM
i measured my ponytail circumference when i joined LHC, i thnk about a month ago. it was 3.5 inches.
last wednesday i shampooed a bit too much and quite a bit of hair fell out. i measured my pony circumference and it was 3.3 inches.
is the loss too bad? will it grow back?
i'm really worried. please help :(

bunnii
August 4th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I wouldn't worry about it, you might have gotten your tape measure too tight this time or too loose last time, I never get the same measurement twice :)

LouLaLa
August 4th, 2010, 06:11 AM
I think shedding every now and again is normal. I think some people who have had large sheds may be more help to you though as they understand better maybe why it happens or if it is an unexplained occurance, maybe they will suggest CO or going cone free- so Im sure youll get the help you need.

Anyway I just wanted to say *hug* as its a hard thing to happen. I shedded a fair bit a while ago,not as much as you as I have very fine hair, but I only loose a few hairs a day now, I think it might just be a nature thing.

spidermom
August 4th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Shedding is normal and .2 isn't much hair to lose. I'd blame it on the tape measure, like bunnii said.

Night_Kitten
August 4th, 2010, 08:04 AM
My best guess is that the measurement is wrong, just like bunnii said, I too get different measurements even when I measure several times one after the other...
Hope it prooves to be the measuring tape and not your hair :)

jackiesjottings
August 4th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I sometimes find my hair feels thicker after washing so it might be that?

sakuraemily
August 4th, 2010, 09:35 AM
i hope you are right too, you all. thanks.
well, i had measured it some 3-4 times n it came out as 3.5 all times, but anyway.
thanks