PDA

View Full Version : Protective Styles Challenge

haircrazedgirl
August 3rd, 2010, 04:52 PM
Basically the challenge is to wear your hair in any protective style for 3 months for people who cant make long term commitments. Measure your hair today and measure it again in 3 months. Just document the growth. Another rule is to tell everyone your regimen and what protective style your wore. It would nice if everyone checked in weekly and update people on the weekly protective style. And every three months we can dropout or start back over.

I ll go first my hair 13.5 in all this week im commited to wearing conrows (I braid my own hair no one will ever touch it again)

My reggie for this week is cowash 3x a week, clarify and dc.
I will apply NTM leave in and Shea butter daily.

mali
August 3rd, 2010, 05:37 PM
My hair is 17.5 and I'm wearing buns and ponytails(not very protective,haha)My regimen is wash 1 or 2 a week with Garnier No 'Cones Shampoo(not the official name :laugh: ),ACV rinses,once a week oiling with olive oil.:D

haircrazedgirl
August 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM
you know alot of people considering bunning a protective style. once my hair get to a decnt lenght i plan on bunning. as long as your ends are protective i believe its a protective style.

misstwist
August 4th, 2010, 06:52 AM
you know alot of people considering bunning a protective style. once my hair get to a decnt lenght i plan on bunning. as long as your ends are protective i believe its a protective style.

Forgive my ignorance, but how are the ends protected in cornrows? It would seem to me that they would be the least protected part.