PDA

View Full Version : Hair Depression Vent

haircrazedgirl
August 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
I know three threads in 5 minutes Im just obsessed. Anyway I love my hair and I want it to grow long. I cut it and regret that now when I found out I didnt need a cut becuase i didnt have split ends but my ex stylist did it anyway so she can make a buck. Anyway my hair makes me sad. Its holds all my beauty. i want to grow it out fast. Im so envious of girls with long hair. I dont fell as pretty w/o it. I want to put weave in but if i do i wouldnt take care of my hair. I miss my hair! I want long like now. Im giving it a yr to get to at least shoulder length. Ok end of vent

waidz
August 3rd, 2010, 04:48 PM
I hear you! Had this same vent a couple of days ago. My life motto is - what you focus on increases- so I have decided to apply this to my hair. With no focus on it I neglected it and it became a hot mess. A few years ago I got extensions from desperation and ended up with so much breakage from the bonds. Not worth it.

Anyway good luck on your journey. I am with you on it so let's start focusing and getting our hair to our goals ! Xo

christine1989
August 3rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
I started at nearly the same length you are at now and it didn't take me nearly that long to reach shoulder length! You will probobly be beyond shoulder length in a year (it has been 7 months of growing my hair and I am past APL). Don't let yourself get too down about your hair length because there is so much you can do to boost its growth like taking suppliments (i have good luck with biotin), oiling your hair, and the use of the right products. Just give it a couple months of good hair care and you will see growth in no time :).

ghost
August 3rd, 2010, 05:06 PM
I'm depressed that I ever started dyeing my hair. It would be really long now, probably classic at least, if I hadn't had to keep cutting damage off...or if at the very least, I had stuck to one color, rather than trying lots of different ones that required heavy bleaching in between.
When it was the longest, my hair was tailbone length and jet black. Now it's growing out its natural brown color...about 4 inches. The rest of my BSL hair is still all dyed (faded golden brown...the last time I dyed it was in October).
I have a long way to go to meet my goal length, and even longer until I meet my goal length with virgin hair.

haircrazedgirl
August 3rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
i dyed my hair i like to change it up but i quit that i love my natural hair color at the end of the day. its the perfect shade of black. yeah ive been showing it nothing but love but sometimes it seems like forever until itll grow

Indigo Girl
August 3rd, 2010, 05:33 PM
Patience is a virtue. :)

It will grow in time; enjoy the experience in the meanwhile of "baby-ing" it and working with it. It's a whole new world, and you'll likely find that you develop not only a relationship with your hair, but a "new" relationship with yourself. :)

Brenda714
August 3rd, 2010, 07:45 PM
I so understand you!!! I'm in the same boat. Like when you said "my hair holds all my beauty" and you don't feel pretty without it. I want it to grow now too. and it seems like it takes forever. My hair is APL but feels and looks so short to me. It makes me very depressed. I like what the others said about taking vitamins and conditioning, oiling, etc. We need to accept ourselves right now, we are our own worse critics. Let's not be so hard on ourselves. I know it's easier said than done.

Kome
August 3rd, 2010, 07:48 PM
I'm depressed that I ever started dyeing my hair. It would be really long now, probably classic at least, if I hadn't had to keep cutting damage off...or if at the very least, I had stuck to one color, rather than trying lots of different ones that required heavy bleaching in between.
When it was the longest, my hair was tailbone length and jet black. Now it's growing out its natural brown color...about 4 inches. The rest of my BSL hair is still all dyed (faded golden brown...the last time I dyed it was in October).
I have a long way to go to meet my goal length, and even longer until I meet my goal length with virgin hair.

I feel you! I go a little crazy in my hair dying phases and always over do it. But no more! I intend to actually grow it long and HEALTHY this time. :D

Meagan
August 3rd, 2010, 11:39 PM
why dont you get clip on hair extensions? it will give you length while you're growing out your hair.

Fufu
August 4th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Last year i was also desperate waiting for my hair to get long, so I went to get a ceramic perm and had it for 4 months.. After I rebonded my hair, the hair length becomes so much longer...

Well after few months, i chop my hair off to short shoulder, so here I am regrowing my hair again.
Though this time I'm not going to perm... will only let nature takes its course until my hair reaches BSL then I will consider a perm.

kimki
August 4th, 2010, 02:43 AM

It will grow in time; enjoy the experience in the meanwhile of "baby-ing" it and working with it. It's a whole new world, and you'll likely find that you develop not only a relationship with your hair, but a "new" relationship with yourself. :)

I second this. Try and distract yourself with other hobbies and things. :)

jackiesjottings
August 4th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I feel your sadness :(( I had my hair short for 9 years, then when I decided to grow it again I realised how daft I had been to cut it :(( I even cried over something i had done 9 years before. Mine is now nearly classic again and that seemed like a dream in Jan 2005. It takes time but I am sure you will get there.

triumphator!
August 4th, 2010, 08:56 AM
I didn't notice my hair growth until I joined this site -- now I'm hyper-aware of it. Just take each day as it is and then one day you'll be at your goal. Pampering your hair a lot will make it go by fast. I like to joke that my hair eats better than I do :D

error
August 4th, 2010, 09:24 AM
why dont you get clip on hair extensions? it will give you length while you're growing out your hair.
You know this is a great idea the clip ins are adorable I bought a bunch of them when I decided against bleaching strips of my hair to dye in funky colors , instead I bought blue pink and purple clip ins and they are long lasting, easy to clean , and you can abuse them because they are not your real hair! They look real convincing too, also you should take a picture of your current hair style ,short hair styles can be real fun so enjoy them while they last , it will not be that long! When my hair was short I had all these little cheap barrettes to dress it up real cute , or i would have a steam punk kinda day and wear goggles as a headband , its a lot of fun! Don't be so down and sad just have fun with it "you will never be satisfied with your hair length I am at tailbone and I feel its too short on me! LOL"

BrightEyes
August 4th, 2010, 09:36 AM

This, exactly.

A couple months ago I cut my hair from a few inches past my shoulders to chin length because I thought I wanted short hair again.....ha!. Although I didn't loose a lot of length, it was over a year's worth of growth for me and I was very discouraged when I decided to start growing again.

Now I've changed my thinking to "hey now I get to start over and really pamper my hair". I'm babying it more now as it grows. I'm trying hard to stop heat styling, I'm oiling it and wearing it up more. I'm already noticing a difference in my hair.

I know how frustrating it is to cut and and then have to start over. But now you have an opportunity to really pamper your hair as it grows. Enjoy your hair growth journey, and know there are so many others growing right along with you!:flower:

babybabycat
August 4th, 2010, 09:50 AM
sorry, I double posted....

babybabycat
August 4th, 2010, 09:52 AM
haircrazedgirl,
Please don't feel so bad!! I understand your pain...Last year I had a bad sylist color and cut my hair. I was so depressed afterwards because she ruined my hair. Also, the chemical color left my scalp in bad condition, too. I cried and cried and was an emotional disaster!!

I found this website and realized that there are lots of things to try to pamper your hair. I wore my hair up, wore headbands, scarfs and all kinds of fun stuff. It took awhile, but now, I love my hair again. Please, realize that good things come out of bad! I know you hate your hair now, but through this process you will love your new growth and you'll learn to protect your hair. In time you will love your hair!!

Please, photograph your hair, put up some photos to share. Get involved in the hair community here. Time will fly by. Set some hair goals. You'll reach your hair goals, but best of all, you'll feel better about yourself because you'll learn all kinds of fun stuff to use on your hair!

Start trying things and discover a hair routine that will nourish your hair! Most of all, think postive, you found the right place to be, so that was a BIG step!! HUGS to you!!

Qwackie
August 4th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Hair cutting to me's like wrist cutting. I shouldn't do it but it makes my hair feel good.

I got mine cut off because apparently it's against the rules at my school to have chin length fringe in your face.

Last time I grew out my hair it got from collarbone to almost waist in about a year, to it probably won't take too long this time.