PDA

View Full Version : Newbie that needs help

haircrazedgirl
August 3rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Hey yall im sorry if this is the wrong section. First i want to know about measuring the thickness and body of my hair. I couldnt answer those questions. I also want to know what yall think are the best veggies (to eat) for growing hair long. Anything really that can help. Im black i dont know if that is a factor on any hair advice. I just got my haircut and will post those pictures and more pictures within 3 - 6 months to track my growth hopefully. I can have some of yall hair and get to know yall.

haircrazedgirl
August 3rd, 2010, 04:15 PM
oh one more thing where are the challenges

MsElizabeth
August 3rd, 2010, 04:19 PM
Welcome to LHC! I'm fairly new myself, so I don't know all that much, but this at least should answer your questions about the classification system - I know I had to look all over for it myself! :D

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8954

haircrazedgirl
August 3rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
thanks i actually found that after i posted this

Indigo Girl
August 3rd, 2010, 04:21 PM
Welcome! Are you inquiring about veggies because you're a vegetarian? I can give you some guidance on that, but want to make sure I'm giving the right feedback. :)

Also, are there any particular challenges you're referring to, specifically?

haircrazedgirl
August 3rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
no i just want to do any challenges but cant find them. i need a support group. no im not a vegetarian. im the exact opposite but im trying to eat veggies. i always feel bloated after eating meat so im trying to incorpate veggies in and lay off the beef. im trying to eat more white meat. i just want to know healthy veggies. maybe for my hair i would eat them.

Yozhik
August 3rd, 2010, 04:38 PM
Hello and welcome :)

I'm no expert on vitamins in veggies and increased hair growth, but from what I understand it's important to mainly eat healthily and exercise. Your health is reflected in your hair, especially since when you're stressed or are lacking in certain vitamins, your body will stop shunting nutrients to your hair, since it's a non-essential part of the body. Oils are good for making hair shiny, and not just putting them directly on your hair, but eating fish and nuts or taking castor oil supplements.

As for looking for challenges, have you tried the search tool? There are all sorts of ones like "wear your hair up for X amount of time" or do a different hairdo every day or wear different hairtoys or the no trimming club and other such things. If you're looking for something in specific, you can always start your own thread with a new challenge :flower:

As for other means of support and encouragement, there are a number of threads here geared specifically for people with hair of a certain length or type -- for example, the people who have pixie cuts and are looking to grow to shoulder length, or shoulder length to APL, or Waist to Tailbone. There are also threads for people who have wavy hair, curly hair, and straight hair :) It all takes a bit of poking around, but good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Indigo Girl
August 3rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
I'll leave you with Yozhik's advice on the challenges and support portion. ;)

Pretty much ANY veggies are good for the hair. Specifically, I'd recommend kale, broccoli, beets, carrots...anything with with a "deep" color (i.e., deep green, deep orange, deep red). Of those deep colored veggies, I'd suggest eating them either raw or lightly steamed.

Best of luck in your growth! :)