PDA

View Full Version : Two questions about Karen Ribble's braiding book

Ylliria
March 11th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I mean the book "braid your own hair", I know some of members here own it, but I don't know if Karen Ribble (from the site braided image) send her books to Europe/outside the States. I'd really like to buy one, but I live in France... Did anyone here (living outside the States) buy this book?
My second question is: which styles exactly are demontrated in the book? I'm not a bad braider, but I'd like to improve myself and also learn new styles and variations about the styles I already know.
Thanks in advance!

Ylliria

Stevy
March 11th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Hi Ylliria!

Yes, she ships outside the US - I'm in the UK, and I got the books and DVDs shipped here no problem.

I'm not actually sure where my copies are at present (we've been remodelling the kitchen and things are a bit of a mess!) but off-hand, I'm fairly certain both her books cover the French, Dutch and English 3-strand braid, the 4-strand box braid, the 5-strand braid and the crown braid among others. Hopefully someone who does have the books to hand will be along in a moment with more information!

Stevy

Ylliria
March 11th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks Stevy! I'm going to order it now!

darkwaves
March 11th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I ordered the book, to Canada.

She has good instructions for the five strand braid.

Medievalhair
March 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM
She has instruction in the book I recived for the: French braid, Dutch Braid, dutch crown, french classic, dutch classic, lace braid, 5-strand braid, I think thats all of them.

Masara
March 12th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Ylliria, I'm in France and I had no problems ordering her books. I don't follow all her instructions to the letter, but they are so clear that I could visulise what I needed to do. When I had a query about one of the braids, I just sent her an e-mail and she replied straight away.
I bought both her books.

ADG
August 14th, 2016, 06:07 AM
I mean the book "braid your own hair", I know some of members here own it, but I don't know if Karen Ribble (from the site braided image) send her books to Europe/outside the States. I'd really like to buy one, but I live in France... Did anyone here (living outside the States) buy this book?
My second question is: which styles exactly are demontrated in the book? I'm not a bad braider, but I'd like to improve myself and also learn new styles and variations about the styles I already know.
Thanks in advance!

Ylliria

Ylliria,
Did you ever order Karen Ribble's book?
If so, what did you think?

Thank you!

lapushka
August 14th, 2016, 06:56 AM
Ylliria,
Did you ever order Karen Ribble's book?
If so, what did you think?

Thank you!

I don't think the OP has been around much lately. I'm not sure. The thread is an old one, so...