PDA

View Full Version : Good salon experience today!

Curlsgirl
May 17th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I went to that Aveda salon and got highlights all through my hair. I just really missed the blond and got tired of doing the roots myself. I am going to get the highlights and lowlights every few months and forget the base color I think if I can handle it. I really love the color. The girl who did was very long hair friendly too and did NOT try once to get me to trim or anything. She used a wide tooth comb and detangled from the ends (I had already detangled before going but after the foiling it had tangled a bit again and of course she rinsed it). Anyway, I did let her blow dry it (although I am sure she would have preferred not to because it took FOREVER as usual). She said she could tell I take very good care of my hair and said that is why she couldn't have long hair because she likes to blow dry and iron and she understood you can't have both. I told her about my routine and she didn't even try to sell me their products but understood that curlies need a different type of care and handling. I was very impressed and so HAPPY with the results too! I can take a pic because DH is out of town with the camera :mad: I wanted to tell you about it though.

Dvips
May 17th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I'm so glad you had such a good experience. Now we just need to wait for your DH to get home for those pictures! :ohmy:

yogachic
May 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
A good salon experience is always something to rave about. Do you plan on sticking with this beautician? Of course you do, right. :)
Can't wait to see it.

justgreen
May 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
I just posted to your other thread! Hurry up with the pics dude!

Curlsgirl
May 17th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I could kill him for taking the camera! It's only straight about once a year LOL! It won't be when I get back from the beach next week! YES I am not letting this girl go, no WAY!!! Oh did I mention I got a massage too? I really went all out today. It was a late mother's day present to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :D

justgreen
May 17th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I can't stand it when I've gone past the 6th week , I like getting them done on time. It saves both of us time and effort that way. Plus I love going to the salon and having someone mess with my hair. Rhonda is very careful, almost reminds me of my mother braiding or combing my hair.

ETA: LOOK BELOW

Shermie Girl
May 17th, 2008, 08:00 PM
I am so glad that you had a great experience. I can't wait to see the pictures of your new highlights. :D

coppercurls
May 17th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Oooh, I can't wait to see pictures!

psvzum
May 17th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Yayyyyyyy!!!!! I'm so glad you had such a good experience : )

Carina
May 18th, 2008, 12:48 AM
I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one.I went to the salon this week for a trim.I only wanted to cut half an inch.I told the stylist several times what I wanted and she only took one half inch:joy:.I'm so happy to have found her:cheese:.

jojo
May 18th, 2008, 09:11 AM
sounds lovely hurry with the pictures!!!

vidgrl007
May 18th, 2008, 09:15 AM
awsome,cant wait for the pics.

Unofficial_Rose
May 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Sometimes salons do a great job! Highlighting one's own hair would be very tricky, so it's great when they get it perfect :cheese:

thankyousir74
May 18th, 2008, 12:19 PM
it's nice to hear people having good salon experiences. maybe one day i'll find one that'll make up for all the times they've chopped more than i asked >_<

have you guys heard about those salons that cater especially to people with long hair?

chelly
May 18th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I'm glad it worked out for you :]

Chamomile betty
May 18th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I am so happy you had a good experience :)
That means a lot!
I bet your color looks wonderful too.

Rini
May 19th, 2008, 11:29 PM
I am going to be waiting right here until I see pics....:knit:

k_hepburn
May 20th, 2008, 07:01 AM
It's great to hear of a good hair salon experience!

:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Hurray for your hairdresser - and here's hoping that there will be more and more who discover long hairs as a valuable clientèle and cater to them with gentle handling and allowing for their special wishes.

Greetings

katharine

Islandgrrl
May 20th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I'm so glad you had a good experience! Can't wait to see the pictures of the color!

Shermie Girl
May 20th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Uhhh... Pictures? :drama:

*still waiting...*

;) :D

missy60
May 20th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Thats great you had such a nice experience. I went yesterday and got mine colored also and decided to get highlights. I havent really been on the board for a while so this is the first time I had seen this post, but it sounds almost exactly like my experience. I went to a new girl also and she done a great job I was also very impressed with her knowledge on hair color. I really didnt go into my routine about hair care but I did go into my color routine. My color had been getting to one colored and unnatural looking. I only got light highlights to see how my hair would do. I didnt want to take a chance on alot of damage. I guess its spring fever but I have noticed alot of hair coloring going on lately. Im so glad to hear of the nice experience you had.