PDA

View Full Version : Midback | Waist

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

squiggyflop
May 17th, 2008, 05:26 PM
anyone at this stage? i seem to have been here at this stage since november..
i reached bsl in november and got to waist only to cut it back to bsl(absolutely necessary) so now im still between bsl and waist.. some days my hair really curls up and i look bsl.. but some days its straighter and i look closer to waist..
this is my most recent length shot.. my hair was a bit straighter on that day..
https://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmay10th2008.jpg

getting from bsl to waist is more difficult for me than any other stage.. (with the exception of when i grew out a short cut and it looked like a mullet for months)

i hope that by the time i get back to waist i wont have to cut off alot of length like i did last time i hit waist.. my hair gets more damaged at this stage than any other stage i think.

today its all curled up and looks bsl

darn waves! i would reach my goals so much faster if i had straight hair!

anyone else care to show their pics and grow from bsl to waist with me?:cool:

Mod Note:
Mid Back Length (MBL)=Bra Strap Length (BSL) and is used as a more inclusive term. If you do not wear a bra, you can locate MBL by wrapping a towel, measuring tape, etc around your torso just below your pectoral muscles/above your diaphragm (which ever is easier to identify), this will show you where MBL lands on your back.

Eden Iris
May 17th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Right there with you (well, about an inch or two behind). I think the longest bits are about three inches away from waist.

ETA: Will post pics when I find the USB cable, which has been missing since I moved three months ago....

AnneAdeline
May 17th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm just hitting bsl and my goal is waist, so I'm in this group. :D
My hair is straight, and I can't imagine waiting for waist with curly hair. (I'm a really impatient person. :rolleyes: )

You're getting close squiggyflop!

Curlsgirl
May 17th, 2008, 06:21 PM
My back must be the longest back on the planet. I am STILL 2 inches from waist when blown dry straight. I got that done today at the salon when I got some highlights to see how long it is. I do that about 2 times a year because when I wear mine curly which is almost all the time, it shrinks up anywhere from 2 to 4 inches or more. It is very hard. I have tried to ignore it more and wear it up more lately and it really has helped. Plus it is so thick and now that it is longer it is much harder to wear it down. We'll get there!!!!!

cindy58
May 17th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Seems like I've been at this point for a year! (Possibly an exaggeration.) Almooooost there! I've had 2 biggish trims in that time that set me back, though I'm closer to having no more layers.

Riot Crrl
May 17th, 2008, 07:18 PM
It's going to be a while for me. I'm probably 3.5 inches from waist right now, and my plan is I'm going to keep trimming somewhere in this zone (probably waist or closer to it than this) until peroxide is gone, which will be years.

DMARTINEZ
May 17th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Yup! Im about 1/2 inch below bra strap. When I lean back I can feel it on my hips!Eeek! I
never thought Id get this long. Its kinda cool!

Deb

akiss4lexie
May 17th, 2008, 08:45 PM
I'm about where you are squiggyflop! I agree that this is definitely a difficult stage... I reached BSL about last July, and then my hair stopped growing for several months in the winter. At least it's been growing pretty fast again for the past 6 weeks.

I've been growing out layers, and the longest of them are about 1.5 inches from waist. When my hair is wet in the shower, I actually feel the long pieces at about waist - but of course, when it dries there's shrinkage. :mad:

I'm really hoping it gets there in the next month or two, because I really need a trim (layers are getting scraggly), but I wanted to wait until I was at waist.

I'm just getting back into the swing of things on LHC now that I have more time, so I'll try to get pics up soon!

CurlyNinja
May 17th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I'm right there too! It's so discouraging...I'm waist in the shower, then my hair dries and curls up and I'm back to BSL!

Tangles
May 17th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I love how you guys are complaining about being BSL when your hair "shrinks up" -- even if I straightened my hair with a flat iron I'd still be shy of APL! grrrr

zelah
May 17th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I'm in the same situation. My hair got to waist and then I had to cut off a great deal of damage, putting myself back to BSL. It's been almost a month since the trim and I've only got a couple more inches to go. It really seems like it's taking forever though! Like you, I'm also afraid that I will have to trim it back once again due to damage. We'll get there eventually though!!!

Mely
May 17th, 2008, 10:54 PM
I'm between BSL and waist, too.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j146/melykin/waves3.jpg

I'm beginning to think I'm at terminal length and will never get to waist. If my hair is pulled straight it just about reaches my waist--but maybe I'm tilting my head back and kidding myself.

Aqualily30
May 17th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I have just now reached BSL. I would love my hair to be as long as yours is now.

Oberon88
May 17th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Im here! *waves frantically* It's taking forever too....

maskedrose
May 17th, 2008, 11:14 PM
Count me in! I'm an inch or so below BSL, and by my measurements I've got another 4 inches to go until I hit waist - one bad thing about having a long torso :( Oh well, I'll get there eventually - probably in a year since I plan to do a few 1/2 inch trims along the way.

Legend
May 17th, 2008, 11:34 PM
It seems like I've been at BSL for months and months. My hair seems like it doen't want to grow much anymore. :confused:

Carina
May 18th, 2008, 12:36 AM
It seems like I've been at BSL for months and months. My hair seems like it doen't want to grow much anymore. :confused:

I have the same problem as you:(.It's so depressing.But I'm dreaming of hair down to my waist.I'm going to give it a try for all I've got:agree:.

Hella
May 18th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Yep, seems to be taking an eternity. I think my hair has just for the sake of teasing me decided not to hit waist within the next hundred years.

Seriously speaking, I've been between BSL and waist for two years, roughly. Not in a hurry anywhere, but it would be nice to experience waist-length hair once.

Sceleste
May 18th, 2008, 02:45 AM
It took a long time for me to reach waist length. At one time my hair was almost waist length but I decided to cut the most damaged part. So, I lost about 3 inches off my lenght.

This picture is from April 2007. I had just hit waist, finally. At this point I put my hair up and didn't measure, take pictures or check in the mirror if it was growing or not. After a few months I finally took a hair picture - it seemed to have grown so fast, I was way past waist length. Lesson of the story: keep your hair up and forget about it, it'll grow. :)

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/3690/hairapril07tv7.jpg

florenonite
May 18th, 2008, 02:55 AM
At 24.5", I'm away to reach BSL, which is 25" (hopefully next month!), and then a further 4" to waist. Assuming I grow an inch in July and August, I'll reach waist sometime this fall, I expect.

anna1850
May 18th, 2008, 05:04 AM
I'm almost at waist. If I straigthen my hair it's definitely at waist but curly or just even brushed out it's still 1-2" away. Still, it's so close to waist that I'm not really worrying about it anymore.

I remember months ago in January when it was halfway between BSL and waist I was so impatient that I used to measure it every day to see if it had grown. I've been so busy since then with my disseration that the one good thing is I've managed to forget about my hair a bit (although it's given me high blood pressure so on the whole, not the best thing ever).

The most irritating thing is I forget how big the distance is between BSL and waist so I never understand why it's taking so long. I think I reached BSL around last September and I don't think I'll be properly at waist until August and I haven't had any trims.

I'm really glad I haven't trimmed because I think I'd go crazy if I didn't reach waist soon. I'm sure after a while at waist I'll be wanting hip-length but I should be there by the start of next year. I'm starting to feel more relaxed now as my hair is finally looking long.

n3m3sis42
May 18th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I'm at can-I-call-this-waist length right now. I have a long torso, so even though my hair is 29.5", I think I have another inch or two to go before I'll be solidly at waist. BSL to waist has taken forever and a day for me, and I'm trying to wear my hair up more often so I don't think about it.

Patrycja
May 18th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I recently made it to BSL,currently right over my BS.Its going to take me quite awhile to get to waist,but I'm hanging in there.I have a longer torso too :( makes the journey even longer.

savi
May 18th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I'm here. Still. :rolleyes:
I'm pretending to be happy with the slow progress, but since I still see progress it's not so bad. I think I hit full BSL in November -07 and might make it to waist in December -08.
I remain hopefull. :kitten:

darkwaves
May 18th, 2008, 12:05 PM
This is where I'm at, too. I've still got an inch or two to go for waist, pulled straight -- but the curls make it still look BLS!

Chamomile betty
May 18th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Count me in!
My hair has just gotten past the bottom of BS. My band is fairly wide so I was at BS for a good while.
I am hoping to get a couple of good inches of the Summer. My goal is 28" by Fall.

I am sure we can all make it.

PhillyGirl1978@
May 18th, 2008, 04:15 PM
I am there too. My hair is curly so it looks shorter than it is, when it's wet or stretched it reaches BSL but I always seem to stick right there, it seems like such a long wait to get to waist length. I'm trying hard to be patient.

Tabitha
May 18th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Yep I'm at this stage and share your frustration, as a fellow-wavy - both with the slower-seeming growing, and the way when it's wavier it seems shorter. When it needs a wash and is less wavy, it looks nearer waist but not as nice so I'm not as keen to wear it down. :mad:

Also, it looks longer in photos than it does to me in the mirror - not sure why!

pinkprincess
May 19th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels its a long way from bsl to waist!! My hairs quite straight but I'm tall so even at 29" I still have 3-4" to go!

Eireann
May 19th, 2008, 07:44 AM

Count me in this group as well. My hair is wavy, so when it's wet it looks slightly longer than BSL, but when dry it's almost up to APL. Very discouraging. My goal is tailbone. It's going to be a long haul! Patience has never been my strong suit.

Leisa
May 19th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I just made it to BSL. :cheese: I shall be at waist by Feb 09, I hope.

jojo
May 19th, 2008, 04:34 PM
not quite there yet another month or two until i get to bsl, but hey save me a seat i will be as quick as i can!!!

good luck to everybody, you all have very enviable hair

Haith
May 19th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I feel like I've been here forever! It really is the mid-back abyss for me. I don't trim (other than a little dusting now and again), and it seems like my hair is always anywhere from 1-4" from my waist from day to day.

Grrrr!!!!

Firefly
May 19th, 2008, 06:45 PM
My kindred! LOL I feel like I've been in the limbo between BSL and waist for eons... so glad to know I'm not alone! I wonder if this is a typically difficult stage to go through? Maybe some who've made it past waist will chime in...

Firefly

Elainehali
May 19th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I've been at waist 31 inches for MONTHS now. I'm growing out layers, and this is the easy way I think.

Grow and inch chop it off.
Grow-chop
Grow chop
So there's 2-3 more inches with layers that have been razor cut. Then I'll just grow grow grow.

ZaBasDa
May 19th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I'm not even past bsl yet. When it is wet I get an inch or two past bsl, but dry the longest layers might touch bsl if I brushed it. Supposed 4 more inches will get me to waist, but having curly hair just makes this waiting process so much worse.

Eirinn
May 20th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Since I've reached BSL my hair seems to stop growing (well, I know it does) and often I think that I'm nowhere - not BSL not yet waist. Plus I have layers, so the longest hair is about 1something" to waist, but other strands are shorter. And the longest is looking a bit thin because of those layers. It was the worst idea ever...

verene
May 20th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Last winter my hair was getting very close to waist length. Then I moved to Russia for four months. The combination of cold, wind, humidity amongst other issues, means that my hair is now rather damaged and growth slowed significantly.

I'm probably going to get a significant trim later this week to get ride of the bulk of the damage, so I will once again be where I was a year ago - just past bsl.

I've found though that despite the fact my hair is longer, I would much rather have it back to being healthy than work on the length.

pepperedmoth
May 20th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm there, too! I don't have pics, but I'm a few inches behind you. I'm pretty happy with my hair as it is, but even then, it's hard not to wish it longer! Good luck to you!

Medvssa
May 20th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Lesson of the story: keep your hair up and forget about it, it'll grow. :)
That's so true.

I am completely ignoring if my hair grows or not. I had to chop it quite short again (when curly it was above my shoulders) what seems like yesterday. I was so fed up with never being able to grow my hair long due to shedding issues that the only thing I could do (short of wallowing in my misery :wacko:) was to ignore it. It wasn't a decision I made, it just happened. This is a new thing for me!

Yesterday in my shower my boyfriend commented that my hair is getting long (of course, you can only see this when it is wet) I felt it and it is about 4 fingers away from waist, surprise! I still have a long way to go until it reaches waist in curly state, though...

I refuse to measure, to think about it, to look at the lenght in the mirror... to obsess about it. Now that it is warm I should just put it up more often and completely forget about it.

dukkelisa
May 20th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I am at 30 inches and that is 1 inch from my waist. I have never been compulsive about the length until now. I find myself pulling on the ends in the show to see if it's touching the waist...or at least what I think ought to be my waist....I am apple shaped. lol

Growin' It
May 21st, 2008, 01:33 AM
Another BSL - Waist signing in. Since BSL was my initial goal, I don't mind waiting a bit longer and enjoying the 'to waist' journey.

NorthernDancer
May 21st, 2008, 08:26 AM
Add me to the bsl to waist list!

I'm almost at BSL. I just had a trim, so I'm probably like 1"-2" short. I'm not really sure how long I want my hair, but waist length seems like it could be the next goal. I had waist length (or below it maybe?) when I was a kid, but I haven't since then because I normally cut it to the sholder then grow it to bsl. Then I would get fed up with it at this length and chop it to sholder again. Adding layers helped me for some reason. I think I don't like the bulky-ness of the way my hair looks at this length, but adding some thin layers made it smooth, sleek and less heavy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks bsl is a hard milestone to get past. I guess I'll just have to be patient!

naturechild
May 21st, 2008, 09:33 AM
I'll check in too I am at BSL 28" and feel I may never reach waist. I had no growth last month. I hope to get more Or at least some this month if it would get warm. I think I get more when it is warm. what do you all think?

anyone try the monistat?
massage?
I would try having it up all the time but I look like I'm uptight with it up. plus everytime I wear it up then take it down, people I have never met tell me never to wear my hair up it is to pretty down SOOOO. you see my problem.

bsl to waist UNIT! ;)

MermaidGirl
May 25th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I'll chime in as I'm in this group as well. I'm at BSL (bottom of band) and my next goal is waist. I'll probably want tailbone after that, but I'm sticking with waist as my next goal because I have issues with breakage at times. I had to cut off between 6 to 8 inches in late September '07 because it was just looking so ragged - I am a quality over quantity gal anyhow, especially since I'm fine and a (ii). So, as they say, "baby steps"!

Since I have had waist-length hair before, several times, I know it can be done.

Naturechild, I am going to be trying the Monistat soon and will be massaging it in. On the days I'm not doing Monistat, my plan is to do either oils or copper peptides, not sure which, and may also do light massage though I don't want too much manipulation on my scalp/hair roots. I'm also thinking of doing cassia treatments and catnip for strength/split ends/breakage.

RavennaNight
May 25th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Count me in this group as well. My hair is wavy, so when it's wet it looks slightly longer than BSL, but when dry it's almost up to APL. Very discouraging. My goal is tailbone. It's going to be a long haul! Patience has never been my strong suit.

I'm with you on that. Since I've put away the heat devices, my hair has a wave, and seems slightly shorter dry. I am right at the bottom of my brastrap when dry and wavy, and my next goal is waist. Depending on how it likes to wave on any given day, it looks sometimes a whole inch shorter, and its discouraging. I just try not to look.

honeybunch
May 26th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Me me me! My stretched hair is about bsl, but my bsl is very close to wl. I think my stretched hair will be waist length by the end of the year. I haven't measure my stretched hair lately. I wonder how long it is...

Red_Wednesday
May 26th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Me too*waves hand*. I was just skimming waist then had to cut it back because of tatty ends - I suppose when all was said and done, I cut back about 3", so I'm now just below bsl again:rolleyes:. Anyway, I'm hoping the summer will give me a surge of growth, so I can get back to a full healthy waist length by fall or xmas at the very latest.

HeatherAngela
May 26th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Me too. I was alomst at waist then decided to cut it back to just past BSL to get rid of the rest of the non-virgin hair. Now I'm a little past BSL with all virgin hair YAY!!! My goal is TBL so I have a ways to go.

daydreamer
May 26th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I now find myself in this camp too! My hair is starting to creep past the bottom of my bra strap, and it seems it will be forever before I reach waist. I think I have a good 5 inches to go before I get there!! Ah, patience.

Brianna
May 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Yup, I'm at that stage too, now. My access to good mirrors is limited, though, so I couldn't really say how far I am from waist (and I don't measure) but it's definitely past BSL even when curly and is inching its way down. :) I'm happy with this stage, actually, as I finally feel that there's been some progress.

morgwn
May 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM
When my hair is wet, my hair is getting quite close to my waist! (Woohoo!) But when it dries, it certainly shrinks up a good bit with the wurls and curls and winds up looking barely longer than BSL when dry. :( At this rate, it seems that it'll be another 6-8 months before it looks waist-length when dry. I've gotten used to my waves and curls over the years and even like them, but they make the whole hair growth timeline so much longer! At this rate, I'll have tailbone-length hair before my hair appears to be at my waist when dry. I may try and and take a pic one day of my hair soaking wet and then compare it to the pics of when my hair is dry just so I can see the difference!

But I'm sticking with this; I'll make it to waist-length (and beyond!) eventually. :)

30isthenewblack
May 28th, 2008, 07:01 PM
When my hair is wet, my hair is getting quite close to my waist! (Woohoo!) But when it dries, it certainly shrinks up a good bit with the wurls and curls and winds up looking barely longer than BSL when dry. :( At this rate, it seems that it'll be another 6-8 months before it looks waist-length when dry. I've gotten used to my waves and curls over the years and even like them, but they make the whole hair growth timeline so much longer! At this rate, I'll have tailbone-length hair before my hair appears to be at my waist when dry. I may try and and take a pic one day of my hair soaking wet and then compare it to the pics of when my hair is dry just so I can see the difference!

But I'm sticking with this; I'll make it to waist-length (and beyond!) eventually. :)

I know exactly how you feel! My hair has spiral curls so my hair jumps up a good 6 inches. It is currently at bsl but it jumps to APL at the moment. For me to reach my goal of having hair three quarters down my back, I would have to grow my hair to my hip so it jumps back. It would be interesting to see a picture of your hair dry and wet to see the difference.

AshleyP
May 28th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I'm in this group. I've just hit BSL - so, its going to be a long time. :whistle: Luckily, I'm really short, so - its only about 5 inches from BSL to waist on me.

MermaidGirl
May 28th, 2008, 09:52 PM
AshleyP, that growth comparison photo is BRILLIANT! :D Not only do you have some really nice growth, but the split picture really shows it off. Please tell me how you made that picture, as I'd love to do one for myself now as a baseline before I start using Monistat, and of course be able to compare future months' growth like you did.

TIA!

goldilocks
May 28th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I am there in the doldrums between BSL and waist. It seems I have been here F O R E V E R . I want to get to waist hopefully by the end of the year??? If my hair and scalp cooperate.

morgwn
May 29th, 2008, 02:20 AM
I know exactly how you feel! My hair has spiral curls so my hair jumps up a good 6 inches. It is currently at bsl but it jumps to APL at the moment. For me to reach my goal of having hair three quarters down my back, I would have to grow my hair to my hip so it jumps back. It would be interesting to see a picture of your hair dry and wet to see the difference.

You've got a bit more curl than I do 30isthenewblack, so you may very well have to go down to 32 inches just to get the 27" length when dry. However, a bit of encouragement for all wurly-curlies who are in the BSL-waist boat: I do remember from when I was younger that when my hair got down to waist there was a bit more pull on the upper bit from the weight of my hair and so my hair still had the nice wave and curls around the bottom but also was stretched a bit more. So hopefully those of us who currently have 2-6 inches of shrinkage when our hair goes from wet to dry will eventually have less shrinkage when our hair gets a bit longer/heavier. :) *hopeful*

AshleyP
May 29th, 2008, 05:48 PM
AshleyP, that growth comparison photo is BRILLIANT! :D Not only do you have some really nice growth, but the split picture really shows it off. Please tell me how you made that picture, as I'd love to do one for myself now as a baseline before I start using Monistat, and of course be able to compare future months' growth like you did.

TIA!

Oh, its really simple to make. Just open up both before and after pictures in the Paint program on your computer (two seperate windows) - Use the 'cut' option, cut out half of one picture and then click on the other opened paint program with the other picture, go to paste, it will paste it right onto the other picture, and adjust it to where it lines up. :)

Forever_Sophie
May 29th, 2008, 06:25 PM
My hair is currently where yours is, too. Love it! still growing it but will be getting it trimmed w/ some layers next month...I think the hardest part for me was growing it from shoulder to bra strap length (been through that sooo many times!).

30isthenewblack
May 29th, 2008, 08:45 PM
You've got a bit more curl than I do 30isthenewblack, so you may very well have to go down to 32 inches just to get the 27" length when dry. However, a bit of encouragement for all wurly-curlies who are in the BSL-waist boat: I do remember from when I was younger that when my hair got down to waist there was a bit more pull on the upper bit from the weight of my hair and so my hair still had the nice wave and curls around the bottom but also was stretched a bit more. So hopefully those of us who currently have 2-6 inches of shrinkage when our hair goes from wet to dry will eventually have less shrinkage when our hair gets a bit longer/heavier. :) *hopeful*

The picture below showes my curls at a longer length. They can jump up a lot higher than that. I do hope that it lengthens out a bit and I have the curls that you see in the picture when my hair is longer. It is one inch past bsl now and I hope when it is three inches longer than bsl that it starts to become more manageable and the curl is longer.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2332/2500728601_06a073e3db_o.jpg

Cantabile
May 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I'm in the club! I'm about an inch and half away from waist, but it's certainly taking a while. :shrug:

MermaidGirl
May 29th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Thank you AshleyP :) for instructing me on how to do a split photo; I really appreciate it. I can't wait to get a photo taken and then get some good growth so I can have a nice comparison photo one day!

centurytoolate
May 29th, 2008, 11:48 PM
I'm in this group too. When my hair is wet it comes just a smidge below the bottom of my bra strap. Dry its mid bsl. My hair raced to bsl while I wasn't looking so I'm hoping that if I ignore it it will race on down to my waist(end of the year maybe?). Now that I don't need to trim any more for a long time I'm thinking I've got a chance. Good thing I'm so high waisted.

NorthernDancer
June 3rd, 2008, 10:45 AM
I think I suddenly had a burst of growth. My hair suddenly feels longer then it did just a week or two ago. Isn't that weird? I don't measure, so I don't know for sure, but it does feel longer.
Just a week or so ago I was thinking that I was just an inch shy from BSL, but now it seems like I'm below BSL already.

Not that I'm complaining! Just a little weird!

MakeItADouble
June 3rd, 2008, 11:36 AM
Yes! I'm exactly with you. My hair is aallllmost waist length and it is taking forever and a day to get to waist length.

Very frustrating, but you've got pretty hair!

kettle
June 3rd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Oh GOD yes, I'm in! I swear I've barely gained half an inch since November, I'm still at 29.5 inches... I'm genuinely beginning to wonder if this is my lot. It's so frustrating to be this close!! The trick for me has been to just not think about it as far as possible - I love my hair, and getting angry at it in the mirror isn't going to make it grow any faster.
I'll edit in pics when I have them to hand. Looks like mine is just a little above where yours is, squiggyflop. But your ends look much thicker and healthier than mine!

HaiirPEACE
June 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM
i'd kill for bsl haha

zelah
June 3rd, 2008, 07:22 PM
Oh, its really simple to make. Just open up both before and after pictures in the Paint program on your computer (two seperate windows) - Use the 'cut' option, cut out half of one picture and then click on the other opened paint program with the other picture, go to paste, it will paste it right onto the other picture, and adjust it to where it lines up. :)

What a great idea! Wish I'd taken some photos at the beginning of my membership here, for a bit of comparison.

betsala
June 3rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
i am totally in this boat. i feel like my hair has been the same length forever! i am also high waisted but long torsoed (so weird), so my waist seems like it should be lower than it is. consequently i always seem to be behind where i feel i ought to be length-wise.

Alenka
June 4th, 2008, 02:48 AM
My hair is now 30.5" and I am almost at waist length.
When wet, my hair seems to hang down to my waist, but in normal life my hair is dry.
Some things are so funny.
I never had long hair before. BSL almost seemed loooong to me and waist length very long.
Indeed, at BSL, I started to feel like a long-haired lady, ''yes'.
Now, waist length is just another milestone on my way to CL.

MadPirateBippy
June 4th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Your hair is at that stage where it's openly mocking you. Be very glad, though. Yours is a stage... mine makes the open mockage a lifestyle. :)

Either that or your hips decide to keep moving, but only when you take hair pictures. Mine did that for a while too.

You'll get there, Squiggy! Don't give up hope!

Curlsgirl
June 4th, 2008, 09:09 AM
How's everybody? I straightened my hair and now it feels SO much longer. I'll be disappointed when I let it curl again though in a few days. I like to experience this once in a while for encouragement though that it really IS growing! Sigh. We can do it!!!!

Do you all get a little ticked when someone who started with hair your length FLIES by you to TB when you are still here??? Just venting :D

morgwn
June 4th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Do you all get a little ticked when someone who started with hair your length FLIES by you to TB when you are still here??? Just venting :D

Heh. In short, yes. :D But I also recognise that that's partly due to the waves and curls thing. My hair feels SO much longer in the shower!!!

LynnM
June 5th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Lesson of the story: keep your hair up and forget about it, it'll grow. :)

This is how my hair seems to grow.... if I forget about it! I usually put mine in a braid and that also reduces damage and me playing with my hair (I tend to get crazy looking for split ends, and cause my hair to tangle)... so for me, half of it is forgetting about it, and half of it is damage control!

Mine is just at BSL and growing. I'm pregnant with #2 and my hair always falls out and gets bad when I'm pregnant (hormones, probably), so I am just patiently waiting this out and avoiding cutting it all off, like I did last time at BSL and pregnant...

Lovely picture, btw, Sceleste! :)

brixxgirl16
June 11th, 2008, 12:23 PM
I am at BSL and have roughly 4'' to go... luckily it's straight. My sister's hair NEVER seems to grow, it's so curly. That would drive me nuts.

How fast does hair grow? Is 4'' doable by Christmas?:D

ReadingRenee
June 11th, 2008, 12:47 PM
yep I feel like Ive been at BSL forever. When its dry it just hits the top of my bra strap, when its wet it comes past the bottom. Sigh for wavy hair..

ladystar
June 11th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I am with all of you!!! I am almost at waist. I am 27 inches at 29 I will hit waist. I cant wait it should be by October sometime. It has been forever to get to this point, but its starting to feel it long now, YAY!!! (My bf said getting to waist must be the hardest part huh?) lol

florenonite
June 11th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Well, I've now reached the top of my bra strap (just!), so I feel like I "officially" belong here now. I'm hoping to be at waist by Christmas, as last summer I grew an inch a month, and I'm now just at 25", I believe (I don't have my tape measure here, but that was what I measured to be the top of my bra strap), so that's four inches. I should be at 26" by mid-July, 27" by mid-August, and if I'm lucky 28" by mid-September (though probably not till mid-October), and waist is 29" on me.

Hypnotica
June 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I'm brushing waist! Yey!

I joined LHC a year ago and then I was at APL. That is some good growth. I didn't expect to be waist until Christmas, so I'm very happy.

Ohio Sky
June 11th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Either that or your hips decide to keep moving, but only when you take hair pictures. Mine did that for a while too.

Seems like my bra strap does that... or maybe its my hair. Sometimes I look in the mirror and think "can I call this waist?" and then sometimes I look in the mirror and think "Im 6 inches away from waist!" Im not sure why.

And measuring just confuses me more. I measured 28" one month and 27" the next, with no trimming, so I have no clue.

mugglemomof3
June 11th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I'm hopping on this train! I thought it took forever to hit BSL - well, it did, and I can tell it won't take that long to hit waist compared to that, but just once again being in any "between" stage is always frustrating to me. I'm a very impatient person I guess. :rolleyes:

Here's me back at BSL
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z29/mugglemomof3/frombsltowaistblown1.jpg
(which was january of this year)

and here's me this week - I can't really see much growth :rolleyes:
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z29/mugglemomof3/frombsltowaistblown2.jpg

Eventually we all just HAVE to get there, no???? :pray:

squiggyflop
June 11th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I'm brushing waist! Yey!

I joined LHC a year ago and then I was at APL. That is some good growth. I didn't expect to be waist until Christmas, so I'm very happy.
:cheese:yay for you!!! i remember how i felt when i hit waist in march.. its a great feeling! i cant wait to get back to it!.. i dont expect to get there until my one year anniversary..

I miss my fast growth!!! where did it go! it only took me 7 months to get to waist from shoulder with 2 inches trimmed.. why wont it grow that fast now?! ugh i feel like ive been stuck between bsl and waist forever! it only took me like 2 months to get from shorter than APL to bsl.. ive been at this stage for so long! since april when i trimmed back to bsl!

its so frustrating! i want to be waist now.. no wait i want to be hip now.. no wait i want to ba tailbone now.. :D

if i hadnt had such damaged ends i would be between hip and tailbone by now.. but then again going from shoulder to hip in a year sounds bizarre.. i wouldnt have had time to learn how to take care of it.. ah i had such fast growth earlier this year

maybe im better off with growth thats slowed by trims.. at least i got rid of 4 inches of dye damage.. maybe next year ill be henna only..

ive been taking my vitamins again and i dont seem to be getting the same fast growth i used to get from them.. i have been sick ALOT lately so maybe that has something to do with it..

morgwn
June 11th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Gosh, I wish I could ever get that fast of growth, Squiggy!

I'm getting about an inch or so away from waist-length now when I pull my hair down to its full length and then it springs back up to looking just barely at BSL. :( It's frustrating to lose about 2-3 inches of length just because it's wavy/curly. I need to hit tailbone for it to look waist-length at this rate at that's going to simply take forever at this rate, it feels!

Curlsgirl
June 11th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Gosh, I wish I could ever get that fast of growth, Squiggy!

I'm getting about an inch or so away from waist-length now when I pull my hair down to its full length and then it springs back up to looking just barely at BSL. :( It's frustrating to lose about 2-3 inches of length just because it's wavy/curly. I need to hit tailbone for it to look waist-length at this rate at that's going to simply take forever at this rate, it feels!

Me too and I feel your pain!!!! I'll think I'll faint when I get to waist. I am about 2 inches pulled straight from waist now. But curly it's about an inch or a bit more past BSL when first washed. :rolleyes:

yogachic
June 11th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I will be able to join in here, in a few months. My hair is about an inch, from my brastrap. When i pull it straight, it reaches the top of my strap.

morgwn
June 12th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Me too and I feel your pain!!!! I'll think I'll faint when I get to waist. I am about 2 inches pulled straight from waist now. But curly it's about an inch or a bit more past BSL when first washed. :rolleyes:

Yesterday I had my hair in a dutch braid and my hair looked somewhat longer than it does on some days with my hair down, although even the end of my plait had to curl, of course. Now that my hair's out of the plait this morning, it's back to being very wavy/curly and shrinking up to being right on my bra strap! :rolleyes: Hoo boy, this feels like a long road ahead atm.

savi
June 12th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I'm brushing waist! Yey!

What have you been doing to get that kind of growth?

mugglemomof3 I think we've had the same amount of growth aka barely noticeable. :rolleyes: But it is growing.

skeena
June 15th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I had to trim off a few inches in February - my hair was ALMOST at waist. Since my hair curls/waves, despite only getting about 3" off, I lost so much I was up to BSL again. My hair is STILL just below BSL and it doesn't seem to be growing. I am getting so sick of waiting for something to happen, I want my waist length back!

loves2spin
June 15th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Yes, that's where I am too. See my picture there. If I stretch it to full length - I mean the longest wispiest ones, it nearly reaches my waist, but it will be quite some time before I can really say it's waist length. But this is so fun! :joy:

Curlsgirl
June 15th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I am so glad someone started this thread. Thank you! :love: I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one!

Medievalhair
June 15th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I'm right at BSL and after a trim. Probaly by the beginning of 09 I will be brushing waist.

yuccalyptus
June 15th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I just hit BSL this month and my goal is to get it to waist by year's end. It's an ambitious goal, but I believe it can be done!

morgwn
June 16th, 2008, 12:36 AM
I was hoping to have my longest wisps at waist-length by mid-July, but I do realise that that's a bit optimistic. :) However, I'd really be happy if I can have it there by my b-day in October. My hair has grown a lot since last October, but I know I'd just like the inch-per-month growth that I got for two months back then!

squiggyflop
June 18th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'm right at BSL and after a trim. Probaly by the beginning of 08 I will be brushing waist.
im confused.. 08 began 6 months ago..

Maravel
June 18th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Oh my goodness. I just reached BSL earlier this year, and I am DYING for it to hurry up and grow. I didn't even notice it when it was growing from APL to BSL - it seemed to happen over night.

Now, admittedly because I'm checking it every time I look in the mirror, it seems like it's not growing at all! Definitely needing some moral support.

I'll try and get DH to take a pic later tonight, and post it then.

atlantaz3
June 18th, 2008, 12:16 PM
I've got another 18 months to get to waist at least. Yup it will take forever.

renarok
June 18th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I reached waist, hurrah!!! I reached waist at 31 inches. It seemed like it took forever, but then I trimmed an inch to keep the ends nice. So I'm back to almost there. It took me 8 months to get from BSL to this length. I had 3 small trims in that time. It only seems like forever.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2011/2555236882_03b772218e.jpg

Rzilynt
June 18th, 2008, 12:58 PM
I can't remember if I posted in this thread or not.
I am right at waist ( the curve of my natural waist line) but it seems like I have been hovering here for awhile. I was going for longer lengths but I promise to be happy at hip level.

RZ~

JessTheMess
June 18th, 2008, 01:00 PM
ARRRRGHHHH!!! Isn't it frustrating!!! I like to put my head back all the way and feel my hair lay across my waist and tailbone! It gives me drive to be more patient. It'll be worth the wait!! For now, oil...braids..scalp massages.. and TLHC

:yawn:

MsBubbles
June 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM

No need to be confused, she obviously meant '09 :D
I don't even belong here yet...just popped in to see what sort of lengths 'BSL to waist' consists of on other people.

Medievalhair
June 18th, 2008, 11:29 PM

Thanks Squiggy! I corrected it. I must thinkin 08 when I wrote it.:doh:

squiggyflop
June 21st, 2008, 06:46 PM
ok so i washed my hair today and as i was rinsing my hair i felt it touch waist!! ofcourse there was shrinkage when it dried.. but that is some progress!.. i wanted to post a pic but my card reader isnt working.. actually my whole computor seems to be breaking..

im like a month away from *can i call this waist* length.. yay!! i have been waiting since i cut back to bsl in april.. i want my hair to be waist length again! im so excited!

thats just one step closer to being able to open my hip box! (my hip box is a present i got as a reward for myself for when i hit hip length.. its got a set of horn combs that were originally around 90$ and were marked down to 10$ when the store was going out of business+ some hairtoys) i want to add a ficcare to the box but i dont know if i can get the money..

i think i should maybe get annother waist box together.. i already opened my first waist box in march when i hit waist for the first time.. i think i might be able to get over to the icing to see if they have the 3 for a dollar hairtoy bin still.. or maybe i can make myself a special toy when i hit waist.. oh but all my toys that i make are special to me.. hmm im going to have to think on this for a bit.

Carina
June 22nd, 2008, 07:44 AM
It feels like my hair refuses to grow:wail:.I wish I could find something to make it grow a little faster.

JessTheMess
June 22nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
It's HORRIBLE!!!! I am so impatient! My torso is long too, so it feels like it is taking forever to grow, but I keep putting it in updos so I don't concentrate on the length. I know that once it gets there I'm going to have to trim, about an inch to get rid of chemical damage, but it will look healthier. For right now I am just going to continue oiling, COing and S&Ding ... here's to all of you that are in the waiting game with me :bottomsup:

Carina
June 22nd, 2008, 07:51 AM
It's HORRIBLE!!!! I am so impatient! My torso is long too, so it feels like it is taking forever to grow, but I keep putting it in updos so I don't concentrate on the length. I know that once it gets there I'm going to have to trim, about an inch to get rid of chemical damage, but it will look healthier. For right now I am just going to continue oiling, COing and S&Ding ... here's to all of you that are in the waiting game with me :bottomsup:

Cheers JessTheMess:beerchug::ale:

GoldenBreeze
June 22nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
Me me me! My stretched hair is about bsl, but my bsl is very close to wl. I think my stretched hair will be waist length by the end of the year. I haven't measure my stretched hair lately. I wonder how long it is...

It's good to see another relentless curly in the BSL to WL group. Is that you in your avatar honeybunch? If so, that is one fabulous afro!!

I'll be in this group for a while. I think my hair has about 1/2" to go before it completely covers my bra (4 hooks), or at least that's my best guess. I haven't checked it since Dec. '07, but it was touching the top of my bra at that time. I'm currently debating whether to straighten my hair out at the end of June to check it's length, or wait until the end of the year.

RoseRedDead
June 22nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
I'm in this stage now... My hemline now hits just a smidge (I mean a tiny smidge) below my bra band.

I started really growing my hair out in January of 2007. It was somewhere around shoulder-length at that point. I don't think my hair grows that fast, and I've had a couple of trims (perhaps 2 inches or somewhat less has been taken off in combined length). Initially, I just had to get my hair in better shape; then it seemed like it wanted to grow.

I know I should wear my hair up more often; when I do, it's with a pony-tail holder, and I know that's not exactly the best, even if I am gentle. I really need to buy some hairsticks.

I hope for waist at the beginning of next year. Really really hope. I'm a tall person with pretty even proportions (not what I would call a long torso, just a bigger one because of my height), so I think I can do this.

Good luck to all.

anna1850
June 22nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
here's to all of you that are in the waiting game with me :bottomsup:

Aah, the waiting game sucks! Let's play Hungry, Hungry Hippos ;)

I wonder if anyone will recognise that quote :ponder:

squiggyflop
June 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM
ok so ive got a new waist box for myself (see last blog entry for pics of toys)
here is my latest length shot.. it was a little windy out.. the picture shows how my ends are all flippy making it look a little shorter than it is.. also through this picture ive really been able to see what a long journey i have to get to classic.. my butt looks so long.. my hair looks like it will have to be twice as long as it is now..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/th_lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg (http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg)

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Oh Squiggy! :thud: Your pic looks gorgeous! I am just about to think I'm at terminal. I know I'm NOT but wow it just seems to not grow at all. Sigh.

Oh and I LOVE your little box things! I am not that patient and am certain I would open mine before it was time :redface:

honeybunch
June 26th, 2008, 09:30 PM
Hair please grow faster!!!!

This is such a long wait. This seems to be quite challenging. I hope it won't be this challenging until I go from classic to thigh length.

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Hair please grow faster!!!!

This is such a long wait. This seems to be quite challenging. I hope it won't be this challenging until I go from classic to thigh length.

Wow, it's bad enough with my kind of curls. I can't imagine with yours! (Faints just faints)

I do like to blow mine out to feel it be longer do you? I just did that not too long ago and will probably wait a while now because of summer being too hot to wear it down long anyway. Maybe we should just not look at it down in the mirror all summer and then straighten in the Fall!!

squiggyflop
June 26th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Oh Squiggy! :thud: Your pic looks gorgeous! I am just about to think I'm at terminal. I know I'm NOT but wow it just seems to not grow at all. Sigh.

Oh and I LOVE your little box things! I am not that patient and am certain I would open mine before it was time :redface:
thanks!! :flowers:
your hemline in your siggy doesnt look terminal to me.. terminal usually has fairy tale ends doesnt it..

yeah the little box things really help me to not cut my hair.. and they make me feel so happy when i reach a goal..
i couldnt help myself and opened some of my horn combs to try them out.. i really wanted to feel what a 90$ comb felt like..(they were originally around 90$ but were marked down to 10$ so i bought a couple sets) i just couldnt wait.. ive still got one unopened set.. im saving it for either tailbone or classic.. i put away the other sets except for one comb that i use often..

Curlsgirl
June 26th, 2008, 10:11 PM
thanks!! :flowers:
your hemline in your siggy doesnt look terminal to me.. terminal usually has fairy tale ends doesnt it..

Naaaaaaaa I know it's not even though it is turned under a bit in my siggy I like to keep the ends fairly evened up. It just seems to be SO long with waves/curls. AND well you know a watched pot..:D

cheekytweety
June 27th, 2008, 12:25 AM
You will get there.

loves2spin
June 27th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Wow, it's bad enough with my kind of curls. I can't imagine with yours! (Faints just faints)

I do like to blow mine out to feel it be longer do you? I just did that not too long ago and will probably wait a while now because of summer being too hot to wear it down long anyway. Maybe we should just not look at it down in the mirror all summer and then straighten in the Fall!!

Oh, but your curly hair is SO gorgeous! :)

JessTheMess
June 27th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Aah, the waiting game sucks! Let's play Hungry, Hungry Hippos ;)

I wonder if anyone will recognise that quote :ponder:

the simpsons :)

robinm
June 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I am finally a solid BSL, the longest it has ever been. I have had to trim more than normal this year though due to some damage. Onward to waist!!

loves2spin
June 29th, 2008, 04:55 AM
I am finally a solid BSL, the longest it has ever been. I have had to trim more than normal this year though due to some damage. Onward to waist!!

Wonderful! :grouphug:

yogachic
June 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I'm at the top of BSL when I pull my curly hair straight.

I notice that when I take photos, my hair looks close to My armpits, but looks much longer than that when I look in the mirror.

squiggyflop
June 29th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I'm at the top of BSL when I pull my curly hair straight.

I notice that when I take photos, my hair looks close to My armpits, but looks much longer than that when I look in the mirror.
maybe you tip your head foward in pictures? i dont even remember being APL.. i must have been at some point but it could only have been for a week or 2.. i sort of wish i had more time to enjoy it.. but then again bsl was sort of nice at first and then it got old and all i wanted was for it to grow

GlennaGirl
June 29th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I might be here in 2-3 more months, if all goes well. Just checking in and admiring the growing-toward-waist hair! What a lovely bunch.

Curlsgirl
June 29th, 2008, 07:44 PM
Oh, but your curly hair is SO gorgeous! :)

Thank you!!!! Yours is as well!!! :heart:

Little_Bird
June 30th, 2008, 06:21 AM
I have been in the same boat as you. My hair is also wavy and in the process of reaching waist lenght. However, I did reached it this month! I could use some trimming too but I will do it slowly, still letting my hair grow.

Just be sure not to trim it again when it goes back to waist lenght! If you need a trim, just let it get past waist lenght and them trim it back to that lenght :)

Good luck, your hair looks lovely!

honeybunch
June 30th, 2008, 02:48 PM

I don't plan to blow out my hair, but I will band it one day. But OMG that's gonna take a long time with all my hair. I will probably take out my breads and stretch my hair in a year or two. Right now I'm just gonna be lazy lol.

squiggyflop
July 16th, 2008, 10:36 AM
hmm im getting closer to waist.. maybe 1 month.. yay!
im at 28 inches now.. which is about .5-1 inch shorter than waist depending on how wavy i am on any given day

Riot Crrl
July 16th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks to my freakishly short torso, I'm like an inch or two from waist. Stretched. Then my hair dries and immediately shrinks back up to BSL, lol.

30isthenewblack
July 17th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Thanks to my freakishly short torso, I'm like an inch or two from waist. Stretched. Then my hair dries and immediately shrinks back up to BSL, lol.

I'm only an inch behind you and I have a short torso as well. My hair springs up above bsl but it's only a few inches away from waist when pulled straight. Quite :( at times but I'm hopeful that towards Christmas, it will start to look longer.

laurachiplock
July 17th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I'm in this group too. I am getting close, but this is definately the hardest stage.

well, maybe not the hardest- growing out my bangs was a battle I lost to a good pair of scissors....:boxer:

Anyway, I jumped on the Monistat bandwagon to see if this will give me the push I need to get to my waist goal.:pray:

dvas
July 17th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I'm close to waist, too (my siggie pic is pretty old). If I stretch out the tip of my very longest layer, it may be there. It seems to be taking forever!!

ladystar
July 17th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Come on waist! Come to me Soonn :cool:!!!!! Hair your taking forever :rolleyes: !!!

lora410
July 17th, 2008, 09:07 AM
YAAAY I can finally join this crowd as of today. Watch out waist here I come :D

squiggyflop
July 17th, 2008, 03:54 PM
YAAAY I can finally join this crowd as of today. Watch out waist here I come :D
congrats on getting this far.. i was so happy when i hit bsl

xrosiex
July 17th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I'm right here between BSL and waist. I think my growth has stalled:(. BUT I'm sure someday a few inches from now, I will get there. I just wish my hair would grow.:)

ZaBasDa
July 17th, 2008, 08:37 PM
In the shower today I realized my hair is only two fingers from waist when wet. It's still barely bsl dry though. :rolleyes:

Cereus
July 17th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Slowly but surely (?) making my way to waist. I don't want to trim it until I get there. Yea, it does take forever!

lora410
July 18th, 2008, 12:18 PM
congrats on getting this far.. i was so happy when i hit bsl

it was a long 8 month journey for me to get to BSL :rolleyes:. Thank god gettign to my waist is alot less inches :lol:

Eireann
July 18th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I think I've been at BSL forever! First it was BSL when wet, and now finally it is BSL dry, so next stop waist. I don't measure, but my guess is another 6 inches, which means probably a year. This journey is definitely teaching me patience!

skeena
July 18th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I think I'm finally at mid-back. I'm probably 3 good inches from waist, so I'm hoping by Christmas I'll have waist length if growing goes well.

After that I think my next goal will be tailbone.

squiggyflop
July 19th, 2008, 08:54 AM
it was a long 8 month journey for me to get to BSL :rolleyes:. Thank god gettign to my waist is alot less inches :lol:
hmmm.. 8 months.. thats a long time..

Patrycja
July 19th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I was seeing how far I had to go yesterday before I washed and I realised that I'm a good inch past BSL length now :) I still have quite awhile to go but I'm getting there slowly :happydance: I don't know how far I'm going to go-TB or classic.Who knows :shrug:

Curlsgirl
July 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I just noticed today my hemline is getting a little uneven. I am not not not trimming until I get to waist!!! It is taking long enough as it is!!! :rolleyes:

birthmarkie
July 20th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I am here, at the top of BSL. APL to BSL was a quick 2 or so inches. BSL to waist will be more like 4 to 6, so my next milestone will be mid-back length, which should take about 4 months. I like to take baby steps.
I can't wait to be at waist length!

30isthenewblack
July 20th, 2008, 02:45 AM
I just noticed today my hemline is getting a little uneven. I am not not not trimming until I get to waist!!! It is taking long enough as it is!!! :rolleyes:

You must have a long torso. I would definitely have hit waist by now if my hair was 30" and pulled straight :)

Good to see you here Birthmarkie!

hazelceleste
July 20th, 2008, 09:14 AM
I'm about 2" above waist right now, and I really need to trim some off soon. :( I've been slacking with my monthly micro-trims and s&d for a while now, so my ends are looking pretty frazzled.

I really don't want to cut it. My hair is just a tiny bit too short for most buns, but it's way too long for french twists and peacock twists. But, if I don't take at least an inch off, my ends are going to start snapping off. *sigh*

birthmarkie
July 20th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I'd suggest doing an S&D and maybe a microtrim before taking an inch off.

pinkprincess
July 20th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I hate being tall right now lol!
I'm at 30.5" and i still have at least 2" to go to waist :( , mine's a bit wavy and I try not to let it have braid waves or it looks really short!

dorothea-brooke
July 20th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Okay, (*deep breath*) -- I'm officially joining! I'm a bit scared, cause once I say I'm "BSL => waist" I know I'm looking at a solid year of waiting! But since my goal is TB, I guess I have to go through waist to get there, yes? ;)

dorothea

birthmarkie
July 20th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Okay, (*deep breath*) -- I'm officially joining! I'm a bit scared, cause once I say I'm "BSL => waist" I know I'm looking at a solid year of waiting! But since my goal is TB, I guess I have to go through waist to get there, yes? ;)

dorothea

I'm right there with you with the lengths, relying on and hoping for the fact that most milestones have come quicker than I thought they would (knock on wood).

Hello-Kitty
July 20th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Hello
im new to this site , this is my first post so thought id comment to you all . im only 15 probably one of the youngest girls on here , and my hair is just above my bum (sorry dont know any correct name)
i can imagine how frustrating it is for you all , ive always grown my hair since i was little and by only 5 i had very very long hair ,, just a few tips that have helped me is :

still have the ends cut , i only have my ends every 9 weeks on average but it keeps them fresh and stops split ends

use a deep conditioner at least once a week

use V05 Hot oil every month

i find that straightening hair prolongs the growth speed so for quicker growth avoid straightening if possible

take multi vitamins (i always have) they not only make sure your healthy but they help your hair stay strong :)

anyway goodluck to you alll :poot:

X x

30isthenewblack
July 20th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Hello
im new to this site , this is my first post so thought id comment to you all . im only 15 probably one of the youngest girls on here , and my hair is just above my bum (sorry dont know any correct name)
i can imagine how frustrating it is for you all , ive always grown my hair since i was little and by only 5 i had very very long hair ,, just a few tips that have helped me is :

still have the ends cut , i only have my ends every 9 weeks on average but it keeps them fresh and stops split ends

use a deep conditioner at least once a week

use V05 Hot oil every month

i find that straightening hair prolongs the growth speed so for quicker growth avoid straightening if possible

take multi vitamins (i always have) they not only make sure your healthy but they help your hair stay strong :)

anyway goodluck to you alll :poot:

X x

Thanks for dropping in Hello-Kitty and for the hair growing tips. I do most of them except the V05 oil. I'll have to look into that. I agree with the hair trimming. I guess it works differently for different people but I find that my hair gets a bit of a growth spurt and a kickstart when my hair is trimmed. I've sworn off hairdressers so I will have to buy a pair of professional scissors to do a microtrim.

AnimaSola3o4
July 20th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Me me me! I was at waist when straight, then I had a 'trim' (gone wrong) and now it looks closer to BSL again! I think part of my problem though is my bluntly cut, thick ends. It gives the impression of shorter hair, and I hate it. But for now I'm just hanging in there and letting it grow.

WavyGirl
July 21st, 2008, 10:04 AM
I've been stuck here for ages! Partly because I decided I was BSL when my wet hair reached that length and now have decided that even though I'm wet waist it still looks like BSL+1/MBA and there's no way I can convince myself to call it waist length when it looks so much shorter. Another problem is that my waves seem to be more prononced than they were at the shorter lengths because there is more shrinkage past my shoulders. I normally damp bun which means the hair above BSL dries nearly straight and the hair below that length always curls.

I have done a few trims for condition too so that doesn't help.

I'm finding waist the hardest goal so far. I've switched to 6 monthly trims because I just want to get there already and that is the bare minimum I can get away with if I don't want tangles. I know I'll have to maintain at some point in the future if I want to even up my hemline but this is not the time to do it. It's so disheartening to see no visible gain. Thank goodness for LHC. It really keeps my spirits up to come here and read your comments.

happymommy
July 21st, 2008, 12:00 PM
I've got 7 inches between BSL and waist. I seriously dislike having a long torso :( I just did a trim to 26 so I should reach waist sometime around December I think.

The really really good news about having a long torso: Hip length is only 4 inches from waist!

:sigh: I'm never going to get there :((

anna1850
July 21st, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm at waist now with my hair straightened (without heat of course) but I'm still about 2" short when my hair's curly.

So I guess I'm still sort of stuck in this stage until around November or December by which time I should be at or near hip length when it's straight. Curly(ish) hair can be very frustrating at times!

However, I have been going from BSL to waist for almost an entire year so it's nice that I can see the end in sight. My next goals of hip and TB aren't so far apart but BSL to waist has been quite difficult for me. If it was just TB and classic then it would be about the same wait but I'm pleased that hip is there as another mini-goal.

Also, when my hair is straight it does feel "long" to me. I've been growing to BSL and then chopping back to APL for years so it's only just starting to feel noticeably longer than normal.

I'm still just glad I didn't get my hair cut just before I found this site (which I had been planning on doing) or I'd be about 3" shorter now.

lora410
August 28th, 2008, 11:27 AM
For the life of me I couldn't find the thread of BSL to Waist. I know there is one out there, but where alas I don't know. So I figured I guess we will start another one and maybe a mod can merge them. SO ladies since I am slightly past BSL (5 more inches to waist) and very quickly outgrowing hair styles I though offering tips, hairstyles, how long you have been growing once you hit BSL, etc would be awesome.:cheese:

Eireann
August 28th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I'm probably about 6 inches to waist. My hair is wavy, so it seems longer some days and shorter others, depending on how wavy it is that day (the more recently washed, the more wavy and therefore shorter.) I'm having a "short hair day" today.

lora410
August 28th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I'm probably about 6 inches to waist. My hair is wavy, so it seems longer some days and shorter others, depending on how wavy it is that day (the more recently washed, the more wavy and therefore shorter.) I'm having a "short hair day" today.

I'm a wavy to, mine is more of stretched waves, but my goodness some days the wave is insanely way as well. I always have a feeling short hair day :lol:

Ohio Sky
August 28th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I'm a little closer to waist, 2 inches to go at most. And yet I get the same 27" measurement I did when I was at BSL. :ponder: I hate measuring. It seems to be taking forever to get from almost waist to "can I call this waist?"

Anyways, I'm sure it depends on your thickness and taper, layers, etc, but I am just recently able to do a braided bun and it's become one of my favorite styles. I've had the length for it for a couple months, but couldn't pull it off without little layers sticking out everywhere. It doesn't require any elastics or twisting, holds securely with one hairstick, is quick, and doesn't give me a headache, which is becoming harder and harder to do with the styles that I loved at BSL. (Like the figure 8 )

lora410
August 28th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I'm a little closer to waist, 2 inches to go at most. And yet I get the same 27" measurement I did when I was at BSL. :ponder: I hate measuring. It seems to be taking forever to get from almost waist to "can I call this waist?"

Anyways, I'm sure it depends on your thickness and taper, layers, etc, but I am just recently able to do a braided bun and it's become one of my favorite styles. I've had the length for it for a couple months, but couldn't pull it off without little layers sticking out everywhere. It doesn't require any elastics or twisting, holds securely with one hairstick, is quick, and doesn't give me a headache, which is becoming harder and harder to do with the styles that I loved at BSL. (Like the figure 8 )

I measured last night and came out with 24" then 25" so I just gave up. It is getting alot harder to measure as it gets longer. Whrn I hot BSL I oficially got over the checking for growth obsession.

Stacy_E
August 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah, when I got to BSL recently, I stopped feeling so obsessed over my growth (thank goodness!), and stopped measuring. My goal is waist, and I realize it's going to be awhile (at least a year?) before I finally get there. So I'm just tryig to enjoy what length I do have.

Ohio Sky
August 28th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I measured last night and came out with 24" then 25" so I just gave up. It is getting alot harder to measure as it gets longer. Whrn I hot BSL I oficially got over the checking for growth obsession.

I guess I didn't really obsess over it, but I kept trying to measure so that I could have something to put in my stats but couldn't get an accurate measurement, I got anywhere from 24-26 when I joined, and I was an inch or two shy of BSL then. Now I'm a good 4 inches past BSL and still get 26-27. The math doesn't work. Maybe I'm shrinking.... or maybe it's a bra conspiracy?

AmselJoey
August 28th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Hmmm, I am now about 1 inch from the bottom of my bra. It WAS two inches, but I had an inch cut off this week for health. The splits were simply horrendous!!!! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

I am happy to find this thread. I can't wait for waist. It's my second goal. BSL was first and classic is third! :cheese:

Robinlyn
August 28th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Oh how I wish I could be in this thread.....maybe next year Lora! Happy growing everyone!!

AnneAdeline
August 28th, 2008, 07:26 PM
I reached BSL over the summer and now have a good 5 or 6 inches until waist.
I've been trying to stop obsessing over it, but still find myself looking over my shoulder at the mirror. :rolleyes:

morningstar
August 28th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I had finally made it past BSL and realized that my longest lengths were just long layers. I had almost 2" trimmed off and now I am at the bottom of my bra strap. It will be about 4 more inches to waist now but the layers are pretty much gone and my hem is thicker.

MsBubbles
August 28th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Interesting to read everyone's progress and thoughts on BSL to waist. I just hit BSL (25" in longest layer) but am going to maintain so the other stragglies can catch up until Feb 2009, then I hope to let it grow more bluntly to waist. I have never had waist length hair so I don't even know if it's possible. If I reach waist I will be so happy. I think it's a good 5 - 6" away from BSL though for me. Curse my long neck and torso :)

EmpressRi
August 28th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Well I cut off between 6-9 inches of hair, but I'm wondering how much length I need for my hair in it's curly state to appear waistlength. So I may have awhile...but that's okay! Growing it will be fun.

melikai
August 28th, 2008, 10:04 PM
I recently trimmed off an inch or so as the ends were so scraggley, but even at 28" my hair doesn't go that far down my back, maybe to the bottom of my bra! I must have a freakishly long neck and/or torso....

dorothea-brooke
August 28th, 2008, 11:31 PM
Lora, thanks so much for reviving this thread! I was just thinking about trying to find this the other day....

I am so frustrated/impatient with my hair ever since I reached BSL! :hmm: I'm having some kind of Hair Dysmorphia Disorder -- it just seems so short to me, even though it's the longest it's ever been. It feels like waist is so far away, and in my mind I'm a true longhair, but no one else can see it. :(

Wonder why this particular milestone feels so frustrating???

Tomorrow I'll post with more constructive and interesting things; tonight I just wanted to whine! ;)

kowlrea
August 28th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Im currently at BSL and i have 6 more inches til I get to waist, and it seems to be taking for freaking eVER

heatherainsley
August 29th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I am just at bsl, cant wait to get to my waist grown 3/4 of an inch this month.

rubyredslippers
August 29th, 2008, 12:52 AM
I'm in this group, I think, though my current mini-milestone is to reach BSL on ALL of my bras, when dry and unstretched. it feels like it's taking forever!

All that I've really managed to improve upon from the winter has been the health, and not the length. Gah, slow-growing hair. But I'll live!:D

Curlsgirl
August 29th, 2008, 06:06 AM
I recently trimmed off an inch or so as the ends were so scraggley, but even at 28" my hair doesn't go that far down my back, maybe to the bottom of my bra! I must have a freakishly long neck and/or torso....

Me too! I have been waiting on waist forever and the curls don't help me get there either! I was about an inch away stretched and I thought I only got an inch trimmed but I think it was more because I am like 2 1/2 inches away stretched at least now. Oh well, the ends needed to go and it looks a lot better I think.

(takes a seat to wait with others)

How 'bout some cheese? :)

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 06:08 AM
I guess I didn't really obsess over it, but I kept trying to measure so that I could have something to put in my stats but couldn't get an accurate measurement, I got anywhere from 24-26 when I joined, and I was an inch or two shy of BSL then. Now I'm a good 4 inches past BSL and still get 26-27. The math doesn't work. Maybe I'm shrinking.... or maybe it's a bra conspiracy?

I wanna say a bra conspiracy. Heck my hair only reached my bra strap (on a thin strap bra) when I blow dried it straight in july I think, and now it's at the bottom of my thicker bra straps when dry natural.

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Oh how I wish I could be in this thread.....maybe next year Lora! Happy growing everyone!!

Your only 1.5 inches shorter then me lady ;)

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Lora, thanks so much for reviving this thread! I was just thinking about trying to find this the other day....

I am so frustrated/impatient with my hair ever since I reached BSL! :hmm: I'm having some kind of Hair Dysmorphia Disorder -- it just seems so short to me, even though it's the longest it's ever been. It feels like waist is so far away, and in my mind I'm a true longhair, but no one else can see it. :(

Tomorrow I'll post with more constructive and interesting things; tonight I just wanted to whine! ;)

Now see I still have the dysmorphia disorder, but I finally stopped obessing over length..lol

Hatsumomo
August 29th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I was at BSL around April/May and now I'm at 28 inches with two more to go.

I understand the dysmorphia lol, mine still seems short to me too!

rhubarbarin
August 29th, 2008, 08:08 AM
Yay I can join! I cut from *just* WL (pulled straight) to just past APL in June, but my summer growth spurt is making up for it!

I'm a bit past BSL with pulled straight hair.. just barely there with dry curly/wavy hair (but only because the hair growing from the back of my neck is almost straight!).

I have 3-4" to go until I am at waist.. probably 6 or 7 until I am at waist with curls. So I should be there in a year, perhaps a little more with trims.

I am trying to resist the temptation to trim more than I need to. The condition of my hair is crap, but I want to reach a real milestone and maintain there before I cut off the majority of the damage..

JessTheMess
August 29th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I'm just scraping past the bottom of my bra strap. I was midway to waist the beginning of this month, but after some serious clarifying and ceasing all use of cones, I uncovered an immense amount of splits going up my layers that no S&D mission could get rid of. So, I sucked it up and cut back to almost all one length. Now, with a healthier hemline I hope to start growing better. Maybe this time next year I can say...is this waist?

Also...I don't even bother measuring anymore... :rolleyes: I get too many measurements that vary too much

mugglemomof3
August 29th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I don't really measure anymore either. My hair in it's natural air-dried state is finally actually longer than the bottom of my bra strap. Once it hit the bra straightened, I relaxed a bit on the measuring.

For that thread that asked about your particular measurements at each milestone, I measured. I'm at 29.5" now and waist will be 31.5", so hopefully by the end of the year I'll finally be at my "goal". Of course, after being here at LHC for so long I've changed my plans and now want to see how long it can get before I go crazy and do a real "chop" to get an even hemline straight across with no layers. At that point I'll probably again try to see how long it will grow.

Benign neglect is a really liberating stage!!!!!

This is a great thread! Happy encouragement all. :D

Patrycja
August 29th, 2008, 09:05 AM
I'm joining in :) I'm about 1"-2" from the bottom of my bra strap.If I bend back,I'm at waist :lol: My top layers are a different story.They aren't even at BSL yet :rolleyes:

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I'm joining in :) I'm about 1"-2" from the bottom of my bra strap.If I bend back,I'm at waist :lol: My top layers are a different story.They aren't even at BSL yet :rolleyes:

Dont feel bad, my shortest layer is at apl :lol:

JessTheMess
August 29th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Dont feel bad, my shortest layer is at apl :lol:

Mine is at my jawline :mad:

dorothea-brooke
August 29th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Mine is at my jawline :mad:

Oh, I refuse to count my growing-out bangs as a "layer," cause then I'd just get too depressed.... ;)

So NOT counting my jaw-length bangs, I also have layers just past APL and then the bulk of my hair is about an inch past BSL. I've got some crazy taper going on. I think this is the cause of my HDD, perhaps -- if it were all one length with a straight hemline, maybe I'd think it looked "long." :shrug:

RedElephant
August 29th, 2008, 11:50 AM
I'm joining too. I have about 3-3.5 inches left till waist(stretched). I hope to reach there by early next year.

jojo
August 29th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Oh can I join, even though i am a flys nose away from the top of BSL, I was at BSL and went and trimmed, but I should officially be top by end of September and have another 3" (with old granny bra on!) to the bottom or 2" (with my normal one on!) and 6" until waist.

I am hoping to get to waist by august 09, then next and final stop is classic for me, but you never know!!!

twilight
August 29th, 2008, 12:02 PM
thanks for this thread! i was just wanting to seek out new hairstyles for my new length...

i'm at about 30" which for me--curse the long torso!--is about 6" from waist. sigh. i'm deep into mid-back though, which means i can make some cool hairstyles, if only i could think of some.

anybody have any really fancy ones? i have a big work event coming up in the next few weeks...

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
thanks for this thread! i was just wanting to seek out new hairstyles for my new length...

i'm at about 30" which for me--curse the long torso!--is about 6" from waist. sigh. i'm deep into mid-back though, which means i can make some cool hairstyles, if only i could think of some.

anybody have any really fancy ones? i have a big work event coming up in the next few weeks...

wow you must have a really long torso. I am 5'9 and waist is only 29 on me and 31 to hip.

Poetic
August 29th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I would like to join. I am not quite sure how long my hair is. It is at least bra-strap length, I would say. :confused: I am still waiting for my hair to recover from some recent damage. :wail::pray: After that I shall better know how close I am to waist-length. I am one of those persons wearing my hair up for a year, to distract myself from the length I do not have.:rolleyes:

Eden Iris
August 29th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Still here. If I pull my hair out straight it shows growth, but if I leave it alone it spirals into tight coils at the bottom and looks like it has for the past four or five months, hovering right at BSL.

lora410
August 29th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I would like to join. I am not quite sure how long my hair is. It is at least bra-strap length, I would say. :confused: I am still waiting for my hair to recover from some recent damage. :wail::pray: After that I shall better know how close I am to waist-length. I am one of those persons wearing my hair up for a year, to distract myself from the length I do not have.:rolleyes:

Some people consider Bsl when the hair touches the top of your bra strap and other like me consider it Bsl when it reaches the bottom of the strap..HTH

ChloeDharma
August 29th, 2008, 01:29 PM
This is such a familiar journey for me, i have a habit of growing to waist then chopping back to bra strap. This time though i wasn't actually wearing a bra so it got cut to just above bra strap, my length before was hiplength, but fairytale ends with serious thinning. If i don't trim i normally take a year to get to waist, but given i'm a bit above it....or maybe i'm at it now.....plus i intend to trim while i grow i'm going to allow a year and a half to be really generous.
Plus now i'm not really obsessing about length anymore.....i used to loads, but i can really see the wisdom in Harpgal's advice on enjoying the journey now. I'm focusing on thickening up, and enjoying the oilings, massages, treatments and just connecting with my hair as a part of me and not cursing it for what goals i've not reached yet. My first length goal is waistlength, then after that, i'll see how it looks on the way to hiplength.....if it looks nice there then i'll just keep up the trims and see what happens.

I have to say, i've noticed alot of lovely hair in this thread.....some of you may be wishing your hair was longer.....but as an observer i think you can't see just how beautiful it looks already :flower:

melikai
August 29th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Me too! I have been waiting on waist forever and the curls don't help me get there either! I was about an inch away stretched and I thought I only got an inch trimmed but I think it was more because I am like 2 1/2 inches away stretched at least now. Oh well, the ends needed to go and it looks a lot better I think.

(takes a seat to wait with others)

How 'bout some cheese? :)

*takes a slice of old cheddar*

What makes it even worse for me is that it will be likely years before I've grown out all of the old highlighted ends! *mournful face*

dor3girl
August 29th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I noticed that when my hair was BSL I was able to do more styles with my hair, it kept body & curl a bit better, but had to be washed more often. . .

My hair seems to be stuck at waist, but I guess that's ok.

xrosiex
August 29th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I think I have another couple inches till I'm at wasit. I hope to be solid wasit by christmas.:pray:

Cinnamon.locks
August 31st, 2008, 10:17 PM
Joining also! I'm about 2 1/2 inches from waist right now, weird thing is that measuring shows basically the same length as in May when i joined. and I have not cut except for 1 inch in July to keep hair growth even. i have a few stragly bangs growing and also the natual layers that form as you grow.

So what gives with the measuring? I have decided to not measure until my birthday ( sept. 12 ) then i'll see if the growth has been well or if it is the same length in inches as it was when i measured in July after the tiny trim. then i plan not to trim until December 15, 2008. if it needs it. and measure again.

It is true, once you get past BSL it is liberating to not measure obssesivebly each month. I now enjoy leaving my hair down and feeling it brush my arms as i move my head. but keep it braided or bunned when wet for a few hours then let it dry. it is safer to keep my hair contained with so many dogs around and a wonderful nephew who loves to grab my hair ( with sticky hands ) and brush his face against it.

will share the exact measurement after my birthday.

Periwinkle
September 1st, 2008, 07:31 AM
I guess I can officially join this thread...hooray! :D

Because of the waves, there's hardly any visual difference in my hair length, but now when it's pulled straight it reaches the bottom of my bra strap, not the top (as it did when I joined LHC), so I reckon I'm officially BSL!

I have about 6 inches to go until I reach waist.

pinkprincess
September 1st, 2008, 12:18 PM
My hair is at about 29.5" and waist is about 33", I seem to have been at this lenth forever but I cut off an inch a few weeks ago and i don't measure very well lol.

mew
September 1st, 2008, 01:39 PM
Oh! So many people are currently at the midback length! I feel more encouraged :) Also interesting that so many of you cut to get a blunt hemline. I am a big fan of fairytale ends, and there are some beautiful examples around here!

Guenever
September 1st, 2008, 01:52 PM
I'm back here again :p with a blunter hem and minus 10"..
At 28,3" I still have 2-3 inches or so to waist, so I guess that'll be my Christmas goal.. hoping..

Little_Bird
September 1st, 2008, 03:14 PM
Well, I can say I took about a year from BSL to Waist Lengnt, and in the meantime I learned a french braid and the figure 8 bun...

It's a bummer when you're in the middle stages but when you get there... it's just a happy place :flower:

Hairytale
September 2nd, 2008, 12:46 AM
Well, guys, I'm new to this thread but I hope you don't mind me posting here what I just discovered: the Gibraltar bun is the perfect bun for me! It holds with just one hairstick and I don't need any pins to make it secure.
A cinnabun always needed at least two Amish pins and sometimes some other pins, too, to be secure...so this is really revolutionary for me, heh. :cheese:

rhubarbarin
September 2nd, 2008, 03:20 PM
I measured today and I am right at 26". Waist is 29". I hope my summer growth spurt continues into the fall!

Aqua Gal
September 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Hi! I'm so happy to finally be here. It took me three years to get from super-short to BSL. Wow, it felt like it took forever. It's great to see so many others on the same path. For me, the journey to APL was tricky, but my hair seems to be behaving much better now that it's getting some length. Hopefully the trend will continue.

Good luck to everyone!

florenonite
September 3rd, 2008, 03:09 PM
I think I'm officially in this group now, though after my trim on Saturday I might be back at the "APL to BSL" for a month or two. I'm just at the bottom of BSL, though my tape measure's at uni so I have to wait till I get back or till no one's in the house so I can borrow my mum's without getting funny looks :P However, considering the measurements I had as being the bottom of BSL, I'm at maybe 25", my trim will hopefully take me back to no more than 24", and waist is 29" on me, so I should be there in less than a year.

ETA: I just measured my hair (with my mum's tape measure), and realised that I must have mis-remembered the measurements, as I'm at 27", so I'll be at 26" after the trim hopefully and then at waist within six months.

Yeesha
September 3rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty new, but I think, I should be here as well. :D

I'm past BSL and have 2-3 inches to go until waist length. But my hair is a mix between wavy and curly, so it looks much shorter than it is *sigh*...

Happy growing everyone!

terriej
September 3rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
OOO! The longest part of my hair pulled straight is almost to the bottom of my waist :rockerdud

I don't pay attention to the other layers, they don't count.

RavennaNight
September 4th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Hi! I'm another one on that looooooooong journey from BSL to waist. I'm at 26.5 inches and that is about an inch below most of my brastraps. I have about 6 more inches to waist, so about this time next year I should be waist!

rockkcor
September 4th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I guess I am in the group - it is really exciting as that is when hair from medium starts to get long!
For me this is a start of my longhair journey... Now I have long hair and growing to terminal at last :)http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/yvesnormandie/lookwhatyoudonne.jpg

twilight
September 4th, 2008, 02:17 PM
wow you must have a really long torso. I am 5'9 and waist is only 29 on me and 31 to hip.

yeah... the worst part is i'm only 5'3"! i don't look all crazy disproportionate or anything, but it is weird. i have a swan neck too, so i'm sure that factors in.

plus we could be thinking different things about what "waist" is... ? hm.

lora410
September 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
yeah... the worst part is i'm only 5'3"! i don't look all crazy disproportionate or anything, but it is weird. i have a swan neck too, so i'm sure that factors in.

plus we could be thinking different things about what "waist" is... ? hm.

Waist is NOT were your hipbones are. It is the smallest part where your belly button is...hth :flower:

lora410
September 17th, 2008, 09:02 AM
4 more inches until waist for me :cheese:

kowlrea
September 20th, 2008, 08:38 PM
im so sad , i have been at the bottom of brastrap since the first of August and im still at the bottom of brastrap all now, my hair has not grown in two months.
I have been ill so that may factor in stunted growth. Any ideas on how i can give my hair a boost of growth ? Two protein shakes per day or something ?

alligatorbaby23
September 20th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I always understood waist to be elbow length, twilight.

I have been working on waist for years! Got there and went back. Now my hair is healthier and curlier to my joy and dismay! I am about 3 inches from waist, currently.

Thank Goodness my hair is growing so fast! I took 5-6 inches off in April, it is almost grown back.

MsHelena
September 20th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I'm about 2 or 3 inches from waist. I was at or around 1 inch from waist, but my hair desperately needed a trim. I'm not at BSL, but there is no very-nearly-waist-but-not-due-to-excessive-split-ends thread. As such, I'm here until I get to waist. Besides, some of you six inchers will probably get to waist before I do seeing as how I'm mostly maintaining to cut away my "I need pink hair" damage.

Periwinkle
September 21st, 2008, 05:01 AM
My hair must've grown! Pulled straight, it's now about an inch below my bra strap, and wavy, it's at the bottom of it! :D Hooray for growth!

yogachic
September 21st, 2008, 06:32 AM
Periwinkle me too. I am now about an inch past BSL when pulled straight.

hippiechick1976
September 21st, 2008, 07:26 AM
Ok I am in. I am at the 1 inch to go stretched to waist...2 inches unstretched...can't wait:) My hair has been on a many growth spurt too:) It went all summer with a stall and now it's catching up I think:)

Elphie
September 21st, 2008, 07:39 AM
For the first time in my life, I'm thrilled with my short torso! Still a long five and a half inch road till waist for me.

darkwaves
September 21st, 2008, 08:18 AM
"Waist" is a measurement that just keeps growing on me. I used to think it would be about 28", then 30", and now I know it's a bit longer.

I'm there now, when my hair is wet. And close, with my hair stretched . Very close.

But dry? Another four or five inches to go.

And I won't call my hair waist-length till it looks waist-length.

rhubarbarin
September 21st, 2008, 09:19 AM
Waist is NOT were your hipbones are. It is the smallest part where your belly button is...hth :flower:

My belly button is level with my hip bones, and my waist (very clearly defined) is an inch or two above. Bodies are all very different.

It's neat though, once I hit waist it will be only 4 months or so until I'm hip length!

dorothea-brooke
September 21st, 2008, 09:32 AM
Periwinkle and yogachic, we're at the same place! An inch past BSL pulled straight, at the bottom when wavy.
(My actual hair is a couple inches shorter than yours, Periwinkle -- a benefit of being a shrimp. :))

How many inches for waist for each of you?

kowlrea
September 21st, 2008, 09:52 AM
no advice at all ? wow

dorothea-brooke
September 21st, 2008, 10:00 AM
no advice at all ? wow

Hi kowlrea -- I missed your request for advice upthread. I think others might have missed it, too, since this seems more of a "check-in" kind of thread. :)

I don't have any advice about the growth thing myself, but maybe you should start another thread on the Mane forum asking for help? More people would see it there and you'd probably get some good answers. :flower:

jessie58
September 21st, 2008, 12:30 PM
Well I was at 28 inches about 5 months ago. Unfortunately I cut a lot off and am now only back at 26 inches. I have been growing from neck length for 2 and 1/2 years now. It will take me another year to grow the 5 or 6 inches to waist. Every single time I look in the mirror, BSL looks so short to me. Ack.

WendyJo
September 21st, 2008, 01:01 PM
I am past bra strap length, but not sure if I am quite at waistlength yet. Depends where you consider the waist to be technically. I haven't measured in ages, nor taken a picture. Reminds me that I should.

super_pudding
September 21st, 2008, 05:43 PM
I'm right at BSL. I cant wait to get to waist so I can start growing out all of these layers! :D

CaraLynn
September 22nd, 2008, 06:57 AM
Ha, I'm at bsl and to waist for me is TEN MORE INCHES. :P Frustrated is definitely how I am feeling right about now.

ladystar
September 22nd, 2008, 07:07 AM
This has to be the longest wait ever for waist... I am almost there but it seems like theses last few inches are taking forever!!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=503&pictureid=21601

Here is a picture...

Patrycja
September 22nd, 2008, 07:53 AM
I've hit a stand-still :( I'm stuck at my current length for about a month now...I suppose I could start taking vitamins :shrug: or I can wait it out.I knew my growth rate was too fast and it was going to halt..

squiggyflop
September 22nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
well ive gotten to waist twice now.. and now im about an inch short of it because of a hairdressers decision to cut an extra inch off that i didnt want... so here i am again.. oh and here is the other thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5306)

Katze
September 22nd, 2008, 10:25 AM
Oh yes! I can finally join this club, I realize! :cheese:

Although the bulk of my hair isn't quite at BSL, and although I do plan on keeping up the trimming, my hair is slowly but surely growing!

My goal is to have a thick hemline - something like the way my hair is now at armpit length - at waist. OK, longer would be nicer. :)

The biggest problems I am having are with leaning on and sleeping on my hair, as well as with still not having any good go-to updos that I like and that look good on me. I'm going to try night braiding again; buns always fall out because of all my layers, but braids get tangled - i would like to find a sleep 'do that keeps my hair out of my way. During the day, I still prefer my hair down, but am increasingly wishing for updos that work (stay relatively tidy, look good, don't draw attention to my hair's flaws).

Waist length would be AWESOME. Since my hair is probably between 26 and 27 inches long at the longest layer (I'm not measuring) , I only have three more inches to go!

LaurelSpring
September 22nd, 2008, 10:57 AM

This sounds just like me!!! I feel like I have been at BSL forever and even though my hair is longer than ever it feels so short to me. I just cannot face any trims until I get some length going on down there. I want to see some progress dang it. I know its been growing because my bangs are almost to my chin now but I cant seem to see it in the back. I know its longer because I am having trouble with old styles that use to work for me so even though that is a pain, it is a happy pain. This time next year I should be there.

lora410
September 24th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I've hit a stand-still :( I'm stuck at my current length for about a month now...I suppose I could start taking vitamins :shrug: or I can wait it out.I knew my growth rate was too fast and it was going to halt..

DO THE VITAMINS! That is what kick started mine back up :) I am at 25" now woot woot. Of course I did do that obnoxious recipe (i forget what it is called) with the garlic that people swore your got double growth. You won't hear me complaining either way :D

savi
September 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I'm nearing waist, slowly but steady. Unfortunately I don't have a measuring tape arond me so I can't say how near or far I am, but it's getting there. I think when January comes, I might be pretty close.

Chamomile betty
September 24th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I am glad to see this thread.

I am about a 1/2 below BS. I had a trim so I was a little longer. This is the longest my hair has been. I could never get past short layers and bs until I stoped coloring my hair. That's been over a year ago. This is a new experience for me.
I wear my hair in long layers and in an updo to keep the ends and length safe and healthy.
I think my waist is 30"-32" but I am not sure. I hope to reach it sometime maybe late Spring 09.

Janka
September 26th, 2008, 05:16 AM
I just realized today that my hair is BRAIDED at BSL:shocked:.
So my goal might not be that far ;-)
I plan not to let my hairdresser cut more than 1'' max. next time and try to do more S&D, wear my hair up most of the time and maybe convince her to do just dusting...
As for my "intermediate" styles, I just discovered this site and want to learn all these amazing updos. I already bought a pair of hair sticks (and broke one this morning :rolleyes:). I need to learn the flower bun for my brother's wedding, so I only have 3 weeks to learn and practice;)
Usually, I just twist my hair and fix it with a claw (I already need to look for the bigger ones). Or I braid it (I can only do basic braid, I always envy the french braids), or simply have a ponytail. But from now on, I want to learn more updos and try them.
It's just fun hearing my family and friends say on my "hair-down days": wow, your hair has got long! Even my cousin, who always tried to keep me from growing my hair, admitted it was long and looked good (I had large curls/waves from my wedding hair rehearsal). Sometimes I think they are a bit jalous...
It's fun seeing people form all over the world in this forum and sharing their tips and experiences or even disasters. I already learned a lot and want more :D

rhubarbarin
September 26th, 2008, 08:51 AM
I should reach waist (streched) by January! Of course, that is when my next trim is scheduled and I will probably end up taking off several inches.. still, I am getting closer to thicker longer hair.

kowlrea
September 26th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Hi kowlrea -- I missed your request for advice upthread. I think others might have missed it, too, since this seems more of a "check-in" kind of thread. :)

I don't have any advice about the growth thing myself, but maybe you should start another thread on the Mane forum asking for help? More people would see it there and you'd probably get some good answers. :flower:

thanks

anyone ever heard of someone's terminal length being BSL ?

lora410
September 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM
thanks

anyone ever heard of someone's terminal length being BSL ?

Yeah, but that is only if your hair doesn't grow for over a yr.

kowlrea
September 29th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah, but that is only if your hair doesn't grow for over a yr.
hmmm thanks :)

nisolu
September 29th, 2008, 09:59 AM
I'm so glad I found this thread. I am just below BSL and can't wait to get to waist. My hair is very layered though and I'm trying to grow them out. Should I get the layers trimmed?

lora410
September 29th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I'm so glad I found this thread. I am just below BSL and can't wait to get to waist. My hair is very layered though and I'm trying to grow them out. Should I get the layers trimmed?

I have layers as well and I have to plans to trim. I can see the maybe they start knotting and nothing helps? I did have a trim once at a salon and she did trim the layers separately for me earlier this year.

Wonder17
September 29th, 2008, 11:41 AM
So glad I joined! I still have a long way to go until I get to waist, but it's so cool to talk people about this!
Should I trim it now that my hair is BSL or just wait until I get to waist? I strongly don't wanna trim, but if it's really important, I will...so, what say u?

lora410
September 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
So glad I joined! I still have a long way to go until I get to waist, but it's so cool to talk people about this!
Should I trim it now that my hair is BSL or just wait until I get to waist? I strongly don't wanna trim, but if it's really important, I will...so, what say u?

It's all personal preference. I have no plans to trim until I hit waist (4inches) There is no wrong or right about when to trim.

Ohio Sky
September 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I have officially hit waist. :D (pic in my album- private)

I am debating whether to start trimming now to get rid of layers or just let it keep doing it's thing. I have only done two 1/4 inch trims in the last year, and there isn't a split in sight, so I'm kinda leaning toward growing until I would actually benefit from a trim.

Bronwyn Grace
September 29th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'm BSL or a little past BSL... it kind of varies, lol. -pokes avatar- Those are just braid waves, and it's BSL, so I'm leaning towards it being BSL+. :)

I have a long torso, so my waist is kind of far from my bra strap (for some reason it doesn't look that way in my avatar, but it is, trust me). -sigh- Oh well! :D

Ohio Sky - CONGRATS! :D

Ohio Sky
September 29th, 2008, 04:16 PM
I'm BSL or a little past BSL... it kind of varies, lol. -pokes avatar- Those are just braid waves, and it's BSL, so I'm leaning towards it being BSL+. :)

I have a long torso, so my waist is kind of far from my bra strap (for some reason it doesn't look that way in my avatar, but it is, trust me). -sigh- Oh well! :D

Ohio Sky - CONGRATS! :D

Thanks. :D

I know what you mean about being long-torso-ed (er...?). My hair is almost 30" long and just hitting waist. (I'm 5'8 ).

Bronwyn Grace
September 29th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Thanks. :D

I know what you mean about being long-torso-ed (er...?). My hair is almost 30" long and just hitting waist. (I'm 5'8 ).

I'm 5' 2", but I swear, my legs are little stumps. Lol, so all my height is in my torso... I'm not very proportionate. ;)

I haven't measured my hair yet, but it seems to me that it's been BSL for the longest time... lol. Or maybe I'm just impatient... :P