PDA

View Full Version : Progress update

Sisko
August 2nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
*exhibitionist mode*

After a growth spurt this summer, I am firmly at waist length for the first time ever and inching past it slowly but steadily. It's a slightly underwhelming milestone since I've had a major shed after dealing with much sadness and many stressful issues. As a result, I am more of a fluffy ii now - plenty of volume, less actual thickness.

As much as I hate to say it, it's becoming more difficult to wear down. It's also less neat when braided since I like to trim into a deep U, though I am very happy with the hemline (never been a fan of blunt on myself).

A BSL layered, sassy style is starting to sound more appealing :( but I shan't cave. Tailbone next!

Thank you for being here, LHC. I read more than I post on this forum, but it's a constant source of comfort and thoughtful advice.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4896&pictureid=78364

ghost
August 2nd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Congratulations on reaching waist length :)
You'll be at tailbone before you know it.

masa_inn
August 2nd, 2010, 01:24 PM
/Gasps/
Looks awesome!

Smile4Kiki
August 2nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
Congratulations! It looks gorgeous

mali
August 2nd, 2010, 01:44 PM
Do not cut your hair! It's gorgeous!:):):):):):):):):):)

Henrietta
August 2nd, 2010, 01:48 PM
Fantastic waves! Your hair looks really thick. Not only full of volume, but really thick. And you're past waist, I think. Your ends are closer to hip then to waist;)

freckles
August 2nd, 2010, 01:50 PM
gorgeous hair and a beautiful colour! :D

nuxa
August 2nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
As a result, I am more of a fluffy ii now - plenty of volume, less actual thickness.

I can feel your pain on that :(

But hey... it's growing! And let me tell you that your hair looks absolutely gorgeous.

Congrats on your mileston :grouphug:

Yozhik
August 2nd, 2010, 02:06 PM
Absolutely beautiful hair! Congratulations on achieving your goal :)

The most important thing is for you to feel happy about your hair -- which you should because it's so breathtaking :D :bigeyes:

Spring
August 2nd, 2010, 02:57 PM
That is beautiful progress!! :toast:

ericthegreat
August 2nd, 2010, 04:02 PM
Congratulations on reaching waist! Your hair is so thick and and full! I also love the natural waves. Keep up the great growth!

Stephichan
August 2nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
Congrats on reaching waist! I really like your waves :)

Sisko
August 2nd, 2010, 05:24 PM
Thank you, everyone. Your comments are very encouraging. :grouphug:

Henrietta mentioned hip - yay! (Optical illusion and more to do with longer body proportions, I'm afraid)

The urge to chop seems to coincide with emotional rollercoasters. Most of the time it doesn't hang quite right at this length either, this picture aside. Thought I'd show off and use this as motivation during those bad hair days.

Oh, the waves are braid waves! I'm naturally very wavy, but these are reinforced.

Joliebaby
August 3rd, 2010, 12:25 PM
It looks so great, congratulations on reaching waist! I have never been at waist since childhood and I can't wait to be where you are now :D

DavidN
August 3rd, 2010, 12:33 PM
Oh my goodness, look at those beautiful thick waves, and congratulations on achieving waist length!

restourceful
August 3rd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Really lovely! It still looks so thick and healthy. Enjoy your adventure to TBL. I'm right there with you!

OleanderTime
August 3rd, 2010, 12:39 PM
Gahh, my dream hair! Lovely!

Heartwillfollow
August 3rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
Beautiful, congratulations for reaching waist !!!!!

Pixna
August 3rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Scrape me off the floor, please! :thud:

Your hair is A-MAZING!!!!!!!

yellowchariot
August 3rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Sisko, your progression is excellent! Awesome thick curls and texture! Keep it up! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: