PDA

View Full Version : Long hair sighting thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

kwaniesiam
May 17th, 2008, 02:45 PM
MOD NOTE: No street shots! (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35939&p=833451&viewfull=1#post833451)

As a courtesy to others and in acknowledgement of the fact that many members here would object to people taking pictures of them and posting them online without permission, we likewise ask that no one post photos of others without their explicit consent. This is especially true for photos typically known as "street shots" that appear taken without the subjects having been made aware.

I thought this would be a fun thread to share sightings of long hair around you, any interesting stories, given compliments, etc. If there's already a thread like this, mods feel free to let me know and delete this, sorry!

Today I saw the cutest little Indian girl with two braids all the way to her knees, each one three times thicker than my entire single braid ever was! She was with what looked like her grandmother, her head was covered so I couldn't see her hair, but the little girl's hair obviously had been well cared for.

swanns
May 17th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Ok so this isn't really a sighting because it's just me and a friend, but I quite like the shot! Her hair is hip-lenght I think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Sammal/Hair/DSCN4515.jpg

Saranne772
May 17th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I was waiting at the bus stop the other morning (last week) and it was a day when Id been so sleepy that I couldnt be bothered fussing putting hair up so I had it down.

There was a lady (who turned out to be from the Philippines's) and she had a cap (ladies one not baseball) on her hair which I could tell had a bun under. She complimented me on my hair and said she had never seen anyone with my colour hair with hair so long (I have seen longer but it made my day!!) Then we chatted for over an hour about hair in general. And during the course on the conversation she took her hat off and let down her hair- the most gorgeous classic/thigh :D Very well cared for and beautiful! She said that she doesnt tend to show people her hair because she gets randomers coming up to her and touching it (dont I know how that feels- I just have the withering glare mastered) so she keeps it out of site mostly!! I pointed her in the direction of here but I dont know if she has come/will come. Her hair is amazing :D

Nevermore
May 17th, 2008, 03:40 PM
My best irl chick friend has hip/tailbone length hair, which is the second longest hair I've seen around here, so she's a sighting that I have often :P. I've been trying to get her to wear it up more because it's always down, so she's having trouble growing it longer because of the splits necessitating trims.

The first longest was a lady I saw in the parking lot at Lowe's, wavy red hair that was almost knee length. I was busy staring at her in awe, because seeing a REAL LIVE IRL PERSON! with hair that long was a first for me, while worrying that she'd look over and think I was some kind of weirdo.

lava
May 17th, 2008, 04:41 PM
I never have any sightings...really, never!

My former coworker had light-blond (natural) hair down to below her bum, somewhere between there and her knees...I haven't seen anyone with that long hair since I last ran into her! (4-5 years back)

Here in the south it's so hot (I guess that's why), there aren't too many people with long hair--everyone I know has "mama cuts" it seems :).

This thread made me think about two girls I went to school with whom I would try to sit behind in classes in junior high because I SO admired their long hair! Wish I had pictures of them from behind now--they both cut it in high school <sigh> and I haven't seen them in years anyway.

-lava

BlndeInDisguise
May 17th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Just today at an antique store I saw a lady with a classic length braid--I would have loved to see it unbraided! :) It was blonde, and looked to be in pretty good condition, though I didn't want to stare and therefore didn't get a real good look. She was "older" (to me! :o). Maybe 40's or 50's.

Poolsoflaughter
May 17th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I thought it was kinda weird that I saw two different ladies just today with hip length hair and classic length hair. I really don't see *long* hair that often. (I guess I'll have to change that starting with me)

Ryzen
May 17th, 2008, 08:13 PM
At my community college (I don't go there anymore as of a week) I saw a girl with knee length hair walking outside on my last day! Her hair looked so healthy - and it was blond too!

burns_erin
June 11th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Yesterday I went to a different library in town and the librarian had her hair braided and it was down to about her lower back, and being the nosey pushy person I am I asked her how long it was unbraided. Apparantly it is to her hips unbraided. But she had one of the thickest braids I have ever seen.

Then today while waiting in line at school to pay for graduation (yeah-I am FINALLY graduating) a lady walked by with hair in a half up that was probably only 2-3 inches from her ankles. This was made even more impressive by the fact that she is around 6 feet tall. I could barely stutter out my compliments I was so impressed and in awe.

Saranne772
June 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I saw a lady at the hospital with classic length hair in a pony pushing a wheelchair. It was gorgeous :D

Pikkukala
June 11th, 2008, 03:36 PM
I was in town yesterday morning and there was an older woman with beautiful wavy silver/grey tailbone length hair. She was wearing it loose and it still looked good - can't imagine how she was managing to keep it as neat as it was.

Garnet66
June 11th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I had a great hair sighting a few minutes ago. It was at Walmart. I don't usually see waist length hair much around here so I had to stare. But then I looked away when she was walking my way. After the passed me I went back to staring. Her hair was so beautiful. It reminded me of the lovely locks I see around here.

bex487
June 11th, 2008, 05:44 PM
One of my good friends often throws her hair up, but she wore it down recently and I couldn't believe it was about waist-length! Most girls/women in my area tend to wear their hair around BSL, not longer. My friend's hair is gorgeous too, this pretty strawberry blonde.

Blueneko
June 11th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I was getting a pedicure recently and there was a gorgeous Indian woman in the chair across from me with waist-length henna'd hair. So I gushed over her hair and we talked henna and clothes for a while. I am almost to the point where I am brave enough to ask for a photo of a stranger.

Because stalkers are sexy!

yogachic
June 11th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I have definately been noticing the long hair on people more then ever before. My most recent was a brunette woman with knee length hair flowing free.

Elenna
June 11th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Last year at a market, I saw an older lady with salt and pepper wavy hair down to her heels. I stared at her hair. It was so lovely. She was dressed fashionably too. I was in awe. This convinced me to start growing my hair again.

Anje
June 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Earlier this week, I saw one of the first hairsticks other than my own, my roommate's, and the woman who works at the chinese takeout place, that I've seen "in the wild."

Person wearing the stick is a professor on my floor with hair about fingertip length that she usually leaves loose or ponytailed. I can't help but wonder if seeing me with a stick inspired her to wear one. She's worn it at least 2 days this week already!

kwaniesiam
June 11th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I love seeing long hair out and about like that, or just hairtoys not commonly seen except LHC :)

Anje, you should talk to her and point her in our direction ;)

Oberon88
June 11th, 2008, 09:39 PM
At physical therapy today, I saw TWO extreme long hairs. One woman with gorgeous hip length hair had an adorable little boy with her and he had really beautiful long-for-a-boy curls, and another older lady with classic length hair. Both were wearing their hair down.
I stared, Im not ashamed = D

andrea1982
June 11th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I've had a couple good ones this month. I was out of town at a shopping mall and I saw a woman pushing a baby carriage who had tail bone length dark blonde/light brown waves. It was so thick, in a "big hair kind of way", but very beautiful. The other day I was walking around my block and I saw a woman I hadn't seen before with long black straight hair pushed over her shoulder. So nice to see long hair in real life!

SweetPea88
June 13th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I was at Wal-Mart this afternoon and saw a woman in her 50s-60s with GORGEOUS tailbone-length grey/silver hair! I could not believe it, I never ever see long hair where I live! It was so pretty and in a loose half-up.

Side note: except for this woman, the longest hair I saw anywhere today was...on me! Woah, when did that happen?!

.Amanaka.
June 13th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Today at Wal-Mart I saw a woman with blonde/light brown hair in a braid that reached to her knees, with the tassel going to mid calf, at least.

Other than that, someone at the hospital I transport to has hair that was in two pigtails one day, and they reached her knees. I was/am so jealous.

nessthing
June 13th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I saw a guy at the DMV who had balding, silver man-bra level hair.

He was wearing cutoffs so short I could see his underwear. WE HAVE THE SAME UNDERWEAR. ;-; AHHHHHAAAA GET IT OFF ME.

jessie58
June 13th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Today Shorty89 and I drove past a biker on his motorcycle, he was dressed all in black with long silver hair flying in the wind behind him. It was so nice.

Nessthing, the short shorts mental picture totally negates the long hair picture. Scary.

(PS, Nessy, Shorty has a picture for you)

AlleyKitten
June 13th, 2008, 11:30 PM
I had a ton of long hair sightings today! I almost drove off the road, I was staring at the first woman so much -- dark blonde 1b hair past classic. Then, at the park, it seemed like every little girl I saw had waist-length hair, it was so adorable. Also, the little girl I was there with (who has waist to belt length hair herself) told me that one of her friends has "even more long hair" than she does, down to her butt. Later, I saw a girl with hair to her tailbone even with a claw clip holding up one twist of a bun. I was so jealous!

suicides_eve
June 14th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I work on an I 95(maryland) travel plaza i have seen everything there you name it. Well for the first time ever the other day i seen an older woman with knee lenght hair it was so cool! my jaw just dropped and i couldn't help but admire it. it was so well mantained i almost hopped my counter and said " LHC?" but i didn't. Any one from here with knee length hair in northeast MD recently i must say BEAUTIFUL hair

kwaniesiam
June 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM
*gasp* A silver skullet?!? Oh dear, poor Nessthing :lol:

hrimfaxi
June 15th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Today at a Whole Foods I saw a woman with lovely thick auburn-ish hair down to about classic. It was braided with maybe a foot-long tassel, and no hairtie securing it at the bottom. It had like no taper and it was freakin' GORGEOUS. :D She was probably almost as old as my mom, and she had a girl with her with BSL-ish length hair. It was so pretty; I kept staring. I did not get up the spine to tell her how lovely it was.

honeybunch
June 16th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I've had quite a few sighting in the past few days.

*I saw one lady with calf length hair.

*In Wal-Mart there were many long haired ladies. One Asian lady has very shiny, silky hair down to her butt. There is an employee there who I did not see this time but she has classic length hair. I saw plenty of waist length hair.

*My supervisor at work as tbl length hair.

JessTheMess
June 16th, 2008, 07:08 AM
just about an hour ago! I was walking to work and I saw a woman talking to another woman. Her hair was in a long thick braid that hit just below her tailbone and it was streaked with silver hairs.

tiny_teesha
June 16th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I saw a lady in the shops with classic length curls when i was working at the centre then, i used to pass her every day and oogle at her hair, it was sooo pretty and fairytaleish- AND she sold long skirts so she was wearing long skirts (and i love the long skirt long hair combo!)
She still is an inspiration to me! :)

Tapioca
June 16th, 2008, 08:47 AM
A guest at my brother's wedding this weekend had her hair in a high ponytail, and it still reached past her waist. I figure it would be at least classic when down.

LaurelSpring
June 16th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I went to see my boyfriend's band playing at the Moose club last weekend. One of the ladies there had classic length dark hair. The guys were drooling! They always pick a girl out of the audience to be the "cowbell girl" when they play Mississippi Queen and of course they picked her! She did a good job.

Velvettt
June 16th, 2008, 08:21 PM
We were at Home Depot on the weekend and I saw a woman with salt 'n pepper hair coming towards me. She had combs holding back her side hair so I had to turn and see how long it was. Tailbone! TB and gorgeous, mostly silver with some darker streaks. I think I squeaked in excitement. LOL!

freznow
June 16th, 2008, 08:24 PM
We were at a marine base the other day, and went to the exchange (or whatever marines call it) and at the jewelry counter was a lady with a mid thigh length pony tail.

That was impressive.

Siava
June 18th, 2008, 06:19 AM
I feel so foolish for having forgotten this! There's a lady that lives caddy corner from my mom across the main road. I see her all of the time because she walks to the grocery store; she's been doing this for years and years. Anyhoo, she's got TBL thick, curly, dark hair and I've always admired it. She always wears it pulled back in a ponytail.

Also, I saw a man with BSL dreads riding a bicycle yesterday. His hair looked really cool and it made me smile.

China Cat Sunflower
June 18th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I always see this lady taking walks around my neighborhood with her braid past her knees.

Haith
June 18th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Today at the grocery store I saw a tall man with classic length hair in a ponytail. It was medium brown, wavy and well cared for. I wanted to compliment him, but I was too shy. Would I offend a man if I tell him that he has beautiful hair? haha

Patrycja
June 18th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I actually *had* a longhair sighting for me almost everyday.My MIL *had* hip length hair(long for my area) and recently had it cut to BSL.I totally respect why and she's super happy about it,which makes me happy :)

If making me happy even counts...:shrug:

RavennaNight
June 18th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Today I sighted an Indian girl at the Dunkin Donuts on line who had black, wavy hair with pretty fairytale ends reaching between thigh and knee. Very pretty and whispy and fairy-like

lirael
June 18th, 2008, 07:22 PM
When I was working at a grocery store last summer a woman with knee-length hair and everyone brought me out to compare our hair. It had a lot of taper, but still impressive.

Mely
June 18th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I'm staying at my daughter's house for a few weeks looking after her dogs and cats. Today I noticed that the man who lives next door has an almost waist-length braid.

Beatnik Guy
June 21st, 2008, 07:04 PM
While out shopping at Hotel Chocolat this afternoon (ok, I went other places too), I encountered a woman with beautiful blunt mid-thigh blonde hair. She was very pleased with my compliment, and told me that she'd recently cut nine inches.

winter_star
June 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
This isn't really a sighting, but I was looking on You Tube and come across Cindy Christian. Her hair is incredible!

Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zisaeGdlaw

LongForLife
June 21st, 2008, 07:40 PM
I occasionally see a lady shopping who has hair down to around her knees. She is extremely tall, almost 7 foot, (no joke) so hair that long is even more impressive!

You know what I find funny.... I always have known that I have long hair, but I never realize how long it looks when its down, until I see it in pictures later. lol I think I am so used to it, that I am almost surprised when people comment on it. I always appreciate the comments, but I am always thinking, that my hair is not THAT long.... lol Yeah, right... it is, as I have seen in pics. ;)

betsala
June 21st, 2008, 07:46 PM
my son and i were at the cloisters museum the other day and we saw a teenaged girl with beautiful, wavy dark blonde hair that was between thigh and knee in length. as if that wasn't amazing enough, she was admiring one of the unicorn tapestries! so we admired her :)
http://www.metmuseum.org/explore/Unicorn/images/unicorn_flora_two.jpg

LuXious
June 22nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
I'm just curious if there are any Nashvillians here. I saw two different ladies tonight at Kroger with tailbone-length hair. One had gray hair, blonde toward the bottom, in a braid. The other had several ponytail holders on her ponytail. Then there was the one at Blue Man who I went up to and told she had beautiful hair. I'm always wanting to ask about LHC, but it would be wierd if they said no.

LuXious
June 22nd, 2008, 01:06 AM
Oh yeah, also I saw a girl-- once again at Kroger but a few months back-- who had knee-length dreds. I felt sorry for her scalp living with all that weight and twistedness, but her hair looked really cool.

Saranne772
June 22nd, 2008, 02:15 AM
There is a little girl who gets on the bus when I do some evenings. She is just coming home from highschool and is young so I would estimate she is about 11 or 12 years. Her hair is very pale blonde and very thin. Probably 1a hair. And its past tailbone length approaching classic! Lovely

The other time driving through town in the bus I saw a girl around my age with gorgeous black hair. Very shiny- looked like it might have been straightened but couldnt spot damage from a distance. It was growing in a big V with the longest being classic length. Lovely!!

nicolina
June 22nd, 2008, 02:23 AM
At my school there was a girl called Susan with really long hair - I think it was around tailbone - and she wore it down a lot. It looked amazing. Everyone knew who she was and referred to her as Long-Hair-Girl. (I know, original!)

Siava
June 22nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
I went to lunch with my mother yesterday. While waiting to be seated, a woman in what appeared to be mid-30's walked in with hair between BSL and TBL. I smiled and was just about to comment on how beautiful her hair was. She looked me up and down, rolled her eyes, and looked away. Needless to say, she did NOT get a compliment.

LuXious
June 25th, 2008, 11:12 AM
This isn't really a sighting, but I was looking on You Tube and come across Cindy Christian. Her hair is incredible!

Check it out...

Oh my GOSH! That is some beautiful hair. But she shouldn't have let it drag on the sidewalk like that. If I were hair, when I got it cut, I'd cut it up to the ankle or maybe the calf. Shoulder-length? Is she CRAZY? I know she was fed up, but gee whiz. Wonder what she looks like now.

LuXious
June 25th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Oh my GOSH! That is some beautiful hair. But she shouldn't have let it drag on the sidewalk like that. If I were hair, when I got it cut, I'd cut it up to the ankle or maybe the calf. Shoulder-length? Is she CRAZY? I know she was fed up, but gee whiz. Wonder what she looks like now.
Ha ha! I said, "If I were hair..." I meant, "If I were her...":doh:

mira-chan
June 25th, 2008, 04:16 PM
This weekend at an anime convention, which always has plenty of long haired people I saw a girl around my age with a mid calf length braid.

suicides_eve
June 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM

Check it out...

yea!! she uses nexxuss humcantress too! i love that stuff:p

her hair is in FANTASTIC condition with her leaving it down like that all the time getting it caught in ppls buckles and car doors

squiggyflop
June 25th, 2008, 07:55 PM
i saw a woman with near classic hair today walking by a toy store.. i was surprised because she wore it down.. it was really pretty

Riot Crrl
July 13th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Just now at north Seattle QFC, dark brown almost black loose knee length. If that was any of you all, then o hai!

teeleigh
July 16th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Today at Target I saw a lady with thick curly blond fabulous condition hip length hair. Then I looked again and realized her SO had waist length hair, although his was a somewhat thinner.

Haith
July 17th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Yesterday at a community concert, I saw a lady with a calf-length braid of black hair.

Also, at the Mariposa Folk Fest. in Orillia 2 weekends ago I saw a woman with beautiful straight, blonde classic length hair loose. There were lots of long haired women and men there, but she particularly sticks out in my memory.

Juanita
July 17th, 2008, 05:58 AM
Saw a young girl, 7 to 8 yrs, the other day with classic length blonde hair.I was in a cafe having lunch when they walked past. Her mother had APL length hair

goldenwaves
July 17th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I saw a girl dressed in gothic clothing with straight dark brown classic(?) length hair. It was really cool. Oh and I just remembered, I saw an Indian girl with dark brown SHINY hair in a plait. I think it was about hip length in a plait, so longer out. It was so cool, and she was quite young (8-10 I guess).

Tapioca
July 17th, 2008, 11:29 AM
I saw a lady at Borders last night wearing a cap with her ponytail pulled through the back. And the ponytail was *still* at least classic! I got the courage up to tell her that I loved it.

Rapunzelwannabe
July 17th, 2008, 11:49 AM
The other day at work there were two longhairs that came in the resturant within an hour of each other. The first had a little past hip length that she made sure she didn't sit on it by curling it next to her thigh throughout the dinner. I really wished I had those cards that say 'your hair is gorgeous, keep it long' to put in her bill in the end of the meal. The second girl had hair only a bit longer then mine but hers was one length with bangs that she clipped out of the way, which looked sooo cute that I all of a sudden wanted to cut my bangs back in (but resisted)
An older couple came in last night, the woman with about waist length hair, and the man about APL, both held back in low ponytails. I'm not sure why but I thought their hair made them look about mid 50's, even though a coworker thought they looked older

W. J. Maria
July 25th, 2008, 07:53 AM
I went to see an Indian movie in a theater in Irving, Texas, yesterday, and three rows in front of us there was this Indian woman with incredibly thick long hair, cut straight just below classic, it looked like it was eight inches thick. It was layered at her chin, so even thicker on her head. Couldn't stop admiring it. Wow, I wish I had hair that thick and long.

Love, Maria

violet echoes*~
July 25th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I've moved from the UK to Geneva and now I see people with VERY long hair all the time! I saw the man with the longest hair last month in the town and it just looked incredible - it was dark thigh-length and it just looked amazing. I couldn't stop looking!
People have very beautiful hair over here - and there are coiffures on nearly every corner!

Haith
July 25th, 2008, 10:07 AM
I was in Trenton , ON last weekend for an outdoor rec show, and I saw a man with a classic length blonde ponytail. It looked well cared for, and it was very shiny.

burns_erin
July 25th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I had a patient today who had waist length hair. She has naturally curly hair that she straightens (eek) but then she wraps and boby pins it around her head like a headband a coupla times and leaves the ends down. No pony tails or braids. It was just incredible.

RavennaNight
July 25th, 2008, 04:32 PM
I must say, as much negative things I may think of Staten Island, devoid of longhairs it is not. Yesterday at CVS, I saw a woman, between 35-45 years oldish, with dark blonde classic length wavy hair. It was shiny and well taken care of. It kinda made me curious about that natural color hiding under dye for 16 years...

Cinnamon.locks
July 25th, 2008, 10:35 PM
well my sighting was not exactly, physically around me, i was watching the travel channel tonight, during one of my fave shows ( most haunted) there was a promo about Costa Rica and there appeared two girls, one with a classic length ponytail and another with loose hair that looked almost knee length ( the last girl's hair was almost the same color as the skirt she was wearing so not exactly sure how long, but it looked almost knee length.) apart from this promo, i was watching charmed ( i work at home alot so watch t.v. while working.) and in piper's club there was this girl with a ponytail that fell below classic length. ( not sure if it was her hair, with the excess of extensions in hollywood who really knows for sure. ) but it looked cool anyway.

Cantabile
July 25th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I've seen this one woman a few times during my frequent commutes on the Bay Area bus lines of California. I've been working up my nerve to compliment her in a bus full of watching people...but I haven't steeled myself for it just yet :laugh:
She seems to be a hip length or more (I can't really tell because she's normally sitting), but it looks very healthy! Hair's about a 1a-1b, black with some greys, sort of a steely-sort of color.
I was surprised that she was actually wearing it down because for some reason whenever I have my hair down on the bus, it catches on the head-rest area. Oh well, it's still a pleasure to see someone older than the college-students I at school with very long hair. :flower:

nostalgic
July 26th, 2008, 08:31 PM
I was reading this thread earlier today and realized that i never really paid too much attention to long hair because even if it was around bsl, it was usually sort of generic and blowfried (at least in the area i went to school...). so ironically, today, when i went out to lunch, i was paying attention. the woman had almost waist length greying hair in a ponytail which my first thought was, "wow, she reminds me of my aunt's hair when i was little!" however, said woman can NOT drive and proceeded to be unable to pull into a parking spot in the front of the parking lot and as a result, left dbf and i (also pulling into the lot) half in the street (of a very main road!!!). so we sit there hoping she'll move and instead she backs up! we beep and she continues to come towards us!!!! finally the beeping registers and she stops about 2 inches from the car (a mercedes btw). so we cool off and get out of the car, go into the diner. we eat and as the woman walks out, has the NERVE to flip dbf the bird!!!!! he proceeded to blow her a kiss hehehe :p. but seriously, some people should just NOT have licenses!!!!
ok, this was meant to be a long hair sighting (the first in quite a bit) but the nerve of some people just outweighs everything else :D

Eireann
July 31st, 2008, 02:19 PM
The longest hair I've seen in real life was at the grocery store not long after I joined TLHC. A very tall woman (she had to have been 6' tall) had knee length grey hair with a perfectly blunt hemline. I couldn't take my eyes off her! Fortunately, I was behind her, so she wouldn't think I was a crazy stalker!

socks
July 31st, 2008, 02:36 PM
At Comic-Con last week, I kept seeing two women with hair that really impressed me. One was a teenager, with nearly knee-length dark blonde wavy hair that she wore loose. I called her my hair twin, because if I were to cut my hair to that length, even the hemline thickness would be similar. :laugh: The other woman had her brown hair in a plait that reached to beyond mid-calf. Loose it must have been around floor-length. :thud: Her tassel was thick, too, and her braid showed pratically no taper.

Siava
August 1st, 2008, 08:51 PM
I went to the grocery store today and saw two girls (sisters perhaps) with long hair. The younger of the two had dark blonde hair a little past BSL. The older girl's hair was so pale it was almost white and classic even up in a ponytail! She couldn't have been more than 10. It looked very healthy, too. I just smiled at them and went about my business.

Xan
August 1st, 2008, 09:16 PM
I was at home depot and saw this lady with mid calf length hair in a pony tail blond and wavy so cool.

embee
August 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
I went to a wedding and there was a young woman helping with photography. She had classic length hair, loose (hairband), slight waves, light golden honey brown, blunt thick hemline, very pretty. For sure virgin hair! I mentioned LHC but she didn't know about it, thought I was just saying "long hair lover". I said it was an internet group, but have no idea whether she'll look us up! ;)

yogachic
August 2nd, 2008, 06:38 PM
Today I seen a man who was working at Walmart, with Hip length Blonde hair! I almost said "something" to him, I didn't know what to say, so I did not say anything. lol

Bucatini
August 3rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Last night I attended a charity event at the city zoo and I saw a docent with the longest most beautiful braid I have ever seen in real life! It was thick like a rope, and a gorgeous golden color. She was walking and it was swinging so I couldn't tell exact length, but it was definitely well below classic.

I missed my chance to approach the woman, but if she's a member here I hope she sees this and says hello!

Is there a secret handshake or password so that we can tell who each other are out in public? There should be!

willowcandra
August 3rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
I saw a young girl today with mid thigh thick blonde thud worthy hair. I told her it was beautiful and she said thanks. she must have been about nine.

Haith
August 3rd, 2008, 04:54 PM
Is there a secret handshake or password so that we can tell who each other are out in public? There should be!

I wish! When I see long hairs, I wonder if they're part of LHC. I always feel like I should do something... a secret nod or wink or signal. I never do anything more than compliment them... could you imagine if some crazy woman was winking at you for no apparent reason?;)

neenerbabe
August 3rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
I actually did meet a fellow LHC'er at the fabric store! She had her gorgeous hair swirled up in a bun with some pretty hairsticks that she said she had made, when I commented on them. I asked if she was on the long hair community and she said yes, but I was in a hurry and forgot to ask her username on the boards, lol. :rolleyes: So I did find 'one of us' out there, though I don't know who she is!:o

missmanytoes
August 3rd, 2008, 08:05 PM
Xan, was that long haired lady in Home Depot an employee? At my Home Depot there is a woman with long (knee-length or so) blonde hair that she wears in a low pony or a low braid. She works in the garden section and I have complimented her on her hair many times, but I keep forgetting to mention TLHC to her.

Siava
August 5th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I'm having great luck at finding longhairs at the grocery store. Yesterday, I saw a woman (mid-late 30's) with brown, thick, waist-length hair. She had it down; it was all one length and blunt. Beautiful. I smiled at her and she smiled back. I watched her hair swish as we walked across the parking lot in similar directions. I hope she didn't think I was creepy. :lol:

Marcipangris
August 12th, 2008, 08:34 PM
I saw a really tall young guy with a long sunbleached blonde ponytail get on the bus today. He seriously looked like a super hot Viking! I was too shy to say anything though. :o
Also, my coworker has pretty, wavy, TB-length hair.
I guess there are a lot of longhairs where I live (hippie surfing town).

squiggyflop
August 12th, 2008, 08:35 PM
older indian woman with almost classic braid in the dollar store.. very thick braid.. i was surprised

squiggyflop
August 14th, 2008, 05:36 PM
i saw a woman about my age (i think) with the biggest bun i had ever seen in real life today in the dollar store at the mall.. i asked her how she did her bun (it was an awesome looking bun) and she explained.. i felt like my hair was so short next to how long hers must have been.. it really was a huge bun.. it took up the whole back of her head.. im sad now.. i forgot how to do that awesome bun.. it looked so complicated but she explained it in a way that made it sound easy.. she was apparently there to buy a whole mess of those foam hair curlers.. her arms were full of packages of them..

i wonder if she is a member here.. hmmmm

winter_star
August 15th, 2008, 06:20 AM
I saw a guy with blond TB length hair walking down the street the other day. His hair was super shiney and very straight. It was like watching a Pantene add from my desk!

EmmaRose
August 15th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I saw a woman walking into the tiny airport we have here. She had a braid so long, that it was doubled up and still hit near tailbone length! Prettiest golden blond, too. My jaw just dropped, but I had to keep moving, so I couldn't stare surreptitiously, like I wanted to.

anna1850
August 15th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I saw a young woman with knee-length hair at Edinburgh Zoo on Thursday. Super pretty, light brown and about 2a/2b waves. I've never seen such long hair before.

I didn't say anything because she was with people and I was with someone but it was so pretty.

crystal_89
August 16th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I saw a woman in a club once with wavy, knee length black hair. I don't know if she saw me gawking at it or if others were because not long after she put it up in a bun.

Also, a few months ago a friend and I saw an Indian schoolgirl on the train with a thigh-length, thick, black plait.

Periwinkle
August 16th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I went to the chemist's the other day and the woman who served me had beautiful straight black TBL hair in a ponytail.

Siava
August 16th, 2008, 08:14 AM
My daughter got her hair cut yesterday. I didn't realize how long it was until it was blowfried (she's 3c). Almost waist! Now it's APL again. I think I asked her a dozen times if she was sure that's what she wanted. :lol:

Shorty89
August 16th, 2008, 05:21 PM
I met and talked with a lovely longhair in Southern Alberta last night. I never got the nerve to ask her about LHC though. I'm hoping to see her again.

Barca
August 17th, 2008, 01:31 PM
my best friend has fiery red tailbone length hair! beautifully thick and wavy!

Oneya
August 17th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I promise, whenever I go into Whole Foods or Trader Joes I see someone with hip length hair and below. I think that is the best advertisement ever for eating healthy.

ChatoyantLocks
August 17th, 2008, 08:17 PM
I went to an Indian cultural festival today and saw lots of women with long hair from APL all the way to tail bone! I saw one woman with medium brown hair with small curly spirals down to at least mid back. I also saw two women who I think may have been dancers at the event, who had their long hair braided in a herringbone down the first third of the length, and then switched to a standard braid, with dangle decorations tied on the ends.

kwaniesiam
August 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I went to an 1800's/Amish themed craft fair today and there was long hair EVERYWHERE, as well as period costumes. The longest hair I noticed was a classic length braid, but there were plenty that were waist + or else hidden under a bonnet or in an updo so I couldn't tell the length.

Marcipangris
August 19th, 2008, 11:10 PM
I saw the surfer Viking ponytail guy AGAIN! He probably surfs near my workplace; it's really close to the cliffs.

Gecko
August 19th, 2008, 11:37 PM
A few days ago I saw a guy walking along the street with classic length hair in a ponytail. It looked nice and smooth from where I was. It was straight, black, with blunt ends. I was totally jealous... :p

Elenna
August 20th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Today, I went to Vons (a supermarket chain in California), and I saw a guy with almost waist length hair.

On the other hand, most ladies here have very short, styled hair. So it was nice seeing a guy with long hair.

Wish I could get dh to grow long hair.

ClareDee
August 20th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Yesterday I saw two long-hairs checking each other out discreetly, which was kinda funny.

Of course I was checking them both out, but I don't qualify as a long-hair myself (shoulder-length) yet.

I was waiting to cross the road, and saw two women on the opposite side of the road both heading toward eachother. Both had long hair down - I think past BSL or almost waist-length. They passed each other by... and long-hair A turned quickly to look at long-hair B's hair.

A few seconds later, long-hair B did the same thing. :D

Tressie
August 20th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Not long ago I saw a man with a long tapering thin ponytail. I believe he was of american indian extraction possibly! I was wearing a braid too at the time! :p

fxdwgchick
August 20th, 2008, 01:05 PM
You want to see long hair? Go to any bike event (American steel, not sport jobs). Bikers (men and women) for the most part, do not cut their hair. Mine is almost waist length (I accidently cut off almost 18" in my grooming salon when my french twist thingie gave up...hair fell down...to one side of course...and got sucked up into my clipper vac...sigh...job hazard).

I've met women with braids to their ankles and men with gorgeous waist length hair.

It's a pain to try to keep a hairdo on a motorcycle, especially in FL where you don't have to wear a helmet.

At bike events, it's time to let the world see the tresses you've been braiding down your back since the last bike week (I live 40 miles from Daytona).

I met a woman in Ormand Beach last Biketoberfest that had her hair tightly braided, as much coiled on her head as gravity would allow, and the rest hung free to almost her knees. She was born into a bike club, was NEVER allowed to cut her hair, was 5'5" and her hair was over 11' feet. She takes it down for the "tresses" competition, and walks away with $500 every year, having the longest hair anyone's ever come in contact with.

naturechild
August 20th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I recently went to Chicago and Boy Oh boy the long hair I saw their was wonderful! Of course it was the Air show and TONS of people were their.

dorothea-brooke
August 20th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Yesterday I saw two long-hairs checking each other out discreetly, which was kinda funny.

Of course I was checking them both out, but I don't qualify as a long-hair myself (shoulder-length) yet.

I was waiting to cross the road, and saw two women on the opposite side of the road both heading toward eachother. Both had long hair down - I think past BSL or almost waist-length. They passed each other by... and long-hair A turned quickly to look at long-hair B's hair.

This is hilarious! Even more fun than a "regular" sighting. :lol:

Elenna
August 21st, 2008, 01:01 AM
You want to see long hair? Go to any bike event (American steel, not sport jobs). Bikers (men and women) for the most part, do not cut their hair.

Just for the long hair, it almost makes me want to go to a biker event.

BlndeInDisguise
August 21st, 2008, 02:32 PM
I saw a woman today with really long hair. She had it in a braid and it probably came to mid-thigh. It was dark with some gorgeous gray streaks in it. I normally don't talk to people I don't know any more than I have to--I'm just kinda shy and quiet--but I just had to say something. So I went up to her and told her, her hair was beautiful. I think she was pretty pleased to hear it. She told me that she was Cherokee--or maybe it was half Cherokee, I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me if she was full, though.

She said when it's not in a braid it goes down to her knees.

And the best part is she said, "I'll always have it." :) I haven't seen anybody with that long of hair around here. It was pretty cool!

Tressie
September 6th, 2008, 12:23 AM
I saw a lady with about calf-length hair in Wally World today! Her hair was in a half-up and it looked pretty! I saw her glance at my hair sticks! LoL!

vindo
September 6th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I saw thigh length wavy hair on a woman in Stop and Shop today, she must have been somewehere in her 50ies.

When paying I notice the young cashier also had a TB length blond ponytail.. what a day ^^

Shadow Walker
September 7th, 2008, 10:50 PM
You guys would have loved to have been at my show on Saturday, there were like 50+ people there and more than half of them had long hair. A few ladies had hip length and longer hair, and there was one guy who had classic length.

Jorchet
September 8th, 2008, 05:30 AM
I am almost to the point where I am brave enough to ask for a photo of a stranger.

Because stalkers are sexy!

I can totally relate! I was in Home Bargains last week and there was this woman with a really long blonde braid (I think it went down to her tailbone, not sure, though! I didn't want to be caught staring at her!:o). I just wanted to come and talk to her, ask her is she knew about LHC...but it just feels out of place and people might think you're crazy approaching them about their hair!

InDarkestKnight
September 8th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I saw a friend of mine for the first time in a couple of years the other day... Her hair was between BSL and waist-length, and absolutely gorgeous. I just had to compliment her on it, and she was very pleased with that.

Bucatini
September 9th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Saw a lady at the bank today who could've been my hair twin, but she had waist length with a thick hemline. I couldn't catch her attention. Sigh.

WritingPrincess
September 9th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I caught a glimpse of a lady several weeks ago with classic length black hair. It was loose and braid-waved. I was in the car at the time, so I only got a very brief glance, but it was stunning!

carolineb
September 10th, 2008, 05:43 AM
i saw a young woman in Birmingham shopping centre, some time ago. She had an english braid and it was going well beyond her knees. i was amazed, it was absolutely beautiful and she has been my inspiration really! since then, i have been dreaming of such a length for my hair!

kowlrea
September 10th, 2008, 08:33 AM
there is a girl at my school with top of the thigh (tailbone) length hair ...I was just staring ....seemed like she never cut it in her life

Islandgrrl
September 10th, 2008, 09:51 AM
New guy in my yoga class this morning with hip length straight black hair. Down (clearly not well thought out on his part). I loaned him my backup ficcare for class. :)

RavennaNight
September 10th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Two sightings here! One was a customer in my store, and had shiny almost-classic length black hair, which she wore loose, and you could tell it was extremely well taken care of. The second was at the local King Kullen, her hair wasn't extremely long, but close to waist. What struck me though was her hair was definitely hennindigoed. It was purple, then deep black-brown, then reddish as I approached the checkout where she was paying.

Shypii90
September 10th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Yesterday I saw an old lady walking, with braided BSL silver hair! It was really nice... An old lady with long hair in my country is extremely rare... So i kept staring at her pass, trying not to look too weird. The front hair was white, and the rest was steel grey. It was quite frizzy though.

I often see tourists with extremely long hair. I just keep looking at them. It's so much fun :)

ClareDee
September 10th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Today I saw a woman with braided hair to Classic length... I suppose it must have been about thigh-length unbraided...It looked very even and thick all the way down. Quite amazing.
I was at the bus-stop at the time, and she was passing. I felt an urge to chase after her and tell her she has wonderful hair, until I realised that would actually be a creepy thing to do :o

Brianna
September 10th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Like ClareDee, I saw a person with a classic-length braid today. :) I think it was a woman, but I only saw them from behind, so you never know. It was very thick and glossy, it looked lovely. ^^ I was walking with my mother, and she asked if that was the length I was going for. :p Not quite, but I can only hope to have hair like that one day.

SweetPea88
September 10th, 2008, 05:01 PM
I was out at Ross the other day and saw a group of three women that I believe are part of a religious group that wears head coverings. The youngest however, did not have her hair up and it was near tailbone length and in a perfect 3 strand braid. It was absolutely gorgeous and in such great condition!

LydiaMarie
September 12th, 2008, 10:42 PM
I just got back from wal-mart and the woman in front of me had absolutely beautiful hip length jet black hair . It was shiny and the ends were really healthy .

Nevermore
September 13th, 2008, 01:02 AM
A girl who was visiting someone in my apartment complex or lives here (I don't know which, I barely know the people on my own floor!), had tailbone plus blonde hair, 1a or straightened. I was so jealous. Her companion had hip length brown hair, wavy.

There's a woman here who wears her hair in a braid, it's about classic.

And there's a little girl that I've seen twice with hair that's probably in the 4 range, nearly classic, a peculiar shade of natural blonde (she appears to be black and white) that's always in a banded pony with color coordinated large fabric scrunchies. It makes me happy that someone is taking the time to carefully handle her hair and put it in a cute style that goes with her clothes. I doubt a six or so year old could cope with that much hair without assistance, especially curly hair, so I'm assuming she has a nice older sibling or parent who does it for her.

Arashi
September 13th, 2008, 01:25 AM
When I went to a concert recently (Nightwish) there were longhairs EVERYWHERE. Especially a bunch of male longhairs.... :crush:

BunnyBee
September 13th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Yesterday I saw two people with verrrry long hair. The first was a girl in town with a loose braid that was to about mid thigh, I couldn't stop looking - it's definitely the longest hair i've seen in real life. Then later on there was a guy with tailbone length hair which is probably the longest I've seen on a man.

There's either more extra-long haired people about these days or I just never noticed them before! :p

Alethia
September 13th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I saw a woman (definitely over 40, yay!) with thick, straight, waist length hair. I think she must have really tough hair, because it was dyed (very well) a pale ginger colour with honey blonde streaks, and the ends had been tastefully razor cut so it almost looked like an even but natural taper. I think she may well have straightened her hair with irons too, but her hair was lovely and shiny, and looked good on her. I would have killed for her thickness - she had loads of hair. I wish my hair could take that kind of abuse and look that good. I hope she realises how lucky she is.

Gecko
September 13th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I just got back from wal-mart and the woman in front of me had absolutely beautiful hip length jet black hair . It was shiny and the ends were really healthy .

Me too! At Wal-mart yesterday! She was young and very pretty. Her hair suited her well. She inspired me because it was straight and fine like mine. I pointed her out to my sister who was sort of mean about her hair! She was probably just jealous or thought I was and was trying to reassure me. I was jealous...

embee
September 13th, 2008, 07:28 PM
We had a singing at a festival and two singers had long (waist) length hair. The weather was very hot so they both put their hair up, one with a clear jaw clip and the other in the nicest scrunchy bun I've ever seen, it almost looked like a Victorian hairstyle. There was a young girl with honeyblonde braids almost to her waist and her older sister who had a BSL thick ponytail. I don't think any of this hair was treated or fried or dyed in any way, I think it was as it grows. Nice. :)

girlcat36
September 13th, 2008, 07:39 PM
There was a little girl in the restaurant I work at. She was about 9, and had 3b/c TBL hair. It was pretty clear that the adults she was with were not her parents, but I was impressed that her Mom(I assume) was letting her grow that curly hair so long. Curlies---- you remember what it's like having the boy short hair because Mom can't deal with hair! I will never get over that trauma!
Kudos to that Mom!

Oh, and then there was the guy with the thigh length dreads! Eleven years of growing, he said. It looked pretty cool!

thankyousir74
September 14th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I see so much long hair in my school. Because I live in Miami, my school is like 90&#37; Hispanic (myself included), and I can't help but notice that the highest concentration of longhairs are in the ESL program (English as a Second Language). I really think it's a Hispanic custom (my mom was FURIOUS when I cut my hair) for younger women to have their hair long. And seriously in the halls, and abundance of waist to hip length hair! And the sad thing is that most of it is bleach blonde/highlights. So sad :(

dorothea-brooke
September 14th, 2008, 04:18 PM
A couple on campus the other day. Her: Shiny, black, stick-straight hair in a TB-length simple ponytail. Him: Waist-length tight corkscrew curls :bigeyes: worn completely loose. :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Hope they stay together and have kids. :silly:

PeaceWithTrees
September 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Just the other day I saw a beautiful asian woman at my college with hair that casscaded down to her knees.

AnimaSola3o4
September 14th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Oh I forgot I was gonna add my sighting! Couple of days ago at Wal-Mart (seems to be a lot of wal-mart sightings!!?) She was working as a greeter at the St. Anthony MN store. She had two braids that reached to her knees!!! I complimented her, naturally. Usually I wouldnt have, but since she had said hello (as her job as a greeter lol), I figured it was a good opportunity!

AnimaSola3o4
September 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM

That's awesome. :D hahaha.

Pixidust
September 14th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I saw a woman in Target the other day with a beautiful, shiny blonde rope braid down to her waist.

anna1850
September 17th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I saw someone today outside Waterstones in York with about classic length dark blonde wavy hair. I assume it was a girl but I only saw them from the back. I don't see hair that long often.

savi
September 18th, 2008, 09:50 AM
My uni has a bunch of long hairs, the longest around hip lenght, perhaps.

I spotted a brunette wearing her hair in a bee but bun secured with a wooden fork. A cool one actually, I think I know where she bought it. ;)

embee
September 18th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Long grey haired lady at the bank yesterday, she's local, I've seen her before, and I always comment and say how lovely her hair is. She just grins. I know where she works, and have been a customer at her shop. Later in the day I saw her again at the license plate place.

We've agreed that we'll keep long hair until we *cannot* lift up our arms to comb it any longer! ;)

I don't even know her name...

Medvssa
September 18th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I saw a guy the other day, wow! :tongue: He had past hip lenght flaming red (natural! he also had a lot of freckles :D), very wavy hair. I haven't seen such a deep shade of natural red often! and he was so very tall, that was a lot of hair :o

renarok
September 18th, 2008, 07:17 PM
A patient was in the waiting room of the Dr's office I work at, and he had hair to his waist, he had it in a pony with elastics about every 2 inches or so down to the ends which had no tapering, and I mean NO taper. I wonder if he recently had a significant trim because it was unusually blunt. Unfortunately he wasn't there to see my doc, so I couldn't quiz him. I did compliment him though. I told him I coveted his length, and he said thanks I was welcome to covet. He was funny too.

twilight_faerie
September 18th, 2008, 08:10 PM
There was a lady (who turned out to be from the Philippines's) and she had a cap (ladies one not baseball) on her hair which I could tell had a bun under. She complimented me on my hair and said she had never seen anyone with my colour hair with hair so long (I have seen longer but it made my day!!) Then we chatted for over an hour about hair in general. And during the course on the conversation she took her hat off and let down her hair- the most gorgeous classic/thigh :D Very well cared for and beautiful! She said that she doesnt tend to show people her hair because she gets randomers coming up to her and touching it (dont I know how that feels- I just have the withering glare mastered) so she keeps it out of site mostly!! I pointed her in the direction of here but I dont know if she has come/will come. Her hair is amazing :D

Oh man, I can't WAIT to glare at people when they try to touch my hair. My hair isn't nearly long enough yet for that, but, ohh...I CAN'T WAIT!! :cheese:

AnimaSola3o4
September 18th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I saw a guy the other day, wow! :tongue: He had past hip lenght flaming red (natural! he also had a lot of freckles :D), very wavy hair. I haven't seen such a deep shade of natural red often! and he was so very tall, that was a lot of hair :o

Haha hmm.... if you ever run into him again try to find out if he's single? :eyebrows::crush::inlove:

Shorty89
September 18th, 2008, 08:36 PM
In my pych 1000 class one of our guest lecturers the other day was a long haired guy. It was about bsl. I kept on staring haha. I didn't recognise him from LHC but who knows.

Katze
September 19th, 2008, 04:48 AM
yesterday I saw two longhairs. The first was on a bike, riding in the opposite direction to me along the park. She had tailbone-length, fine, straight, medium brown hair that looked very glossy and shiny. She seemed to have it in some kind of a ponytail, leaving the length to trail over her shoulder as she rode.

The second woman's hair made me stare. Golden blonde (it looked natural), it was about 3a curly, blunt hemline at about hip, and pulled into a halfup. It covered her shoulders like an angel - really pretty. I thought I about going after her to ask if she's a LHC member, but I didn't want to run a red light.

It is so cool to see people with long hair around town!

Medvssa
September 21st, 2008, 05:13 PM
Haha hmm.... if you ever run into him again try to find out if he's single? :eyebrows::crush::inlove:I was certainly tempted to ask :D ... and I am not :lol:

tigerlily83
September 23rd, 2008, 06:42 PM
I encountered a customer at the deli where I work, with hair that's never been cut....and it was gorgeous!!!

I asked her how long it took her to grow her hair, and she said, "I've never cut it...no trims, nothing."

It had fairy tale ends, and it went past her knees. It looked very, very healthy too. It's too bad I had to get back to work, because I would have asked her what her secret was! :)

Her hair made mine look very, very short...but I am getting closer and closer to APL! :D

Aicha
September 23rd, 2008, 07:32 PM
How cool! Maybe she'll come back in soon and you can ask her what her secret is.

I've had quite a few long hair sightings recently too. One at Trader Joe's last night, and a few in San Francisco last weekend. I love seeing other long hairs with their hair down, but I hate wearing mine down for fear of damaging it.

Tressie
September 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Way Cool!!! Let us know if she comes back and has any tips for us, ok?? (o:

gav616
September 24th, 2008, 05:30 AM
i noticed a very cool man a couple of years ago and it still sticks in my mind now,
he had long straight blonde hair (down to the bottom of his back) with neon pink tips, :eyebrows:
i could of ripped his hair off there and then and stuck in on to mine. At the time, soo awesome, wish i got a picture.

Lady Godiva
September 24th, 2008, 06:59 AM
... she said, "I've never cut it...no trims, nothing."
Chances are that's her secret. ;)

Oskimosa
September 24th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Come to think of it, before LHC I never used to "see" people with long hair. Now I see them all over the place. I think being here opens your eyes a bit and you get to see that long hair, while uncommon, isn't such a forgotten thing :)

arylkin
September 24th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I had two women come into the health food store that I work at a couple weeks ago who had very long hair (one almost to her knees).

It's not a common thing where I live, and when I came to the front and saw them I was stunned and stupidly gasped out, "Your hair is so long!"

She probably thought I was insane... I was too embarrassed to say anything else because I had reacted so strangely. I wonder if she's on these forums. She had lovely hair- very long hair is shocking when it isn't something you see very much. :o

Beatnik Guy
September 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Chances are that's her secret. ;)
And maybe a smidge of genetics too? :cool:

AnimaSola3o4
September 28th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Oh oh oh! I saw someone wearing hair sticks today!! I stopped and stared, as much as I hate to admit it! I was at Sam's club, so if there's an LHC member who was shopping at Sam's Club in Fridley MN today and was wearing two hair sticks in a bun, I saw you! :) And you had gorgeous hair by the way!

I also saw some waist length black hair on an asian woman that was beautiful too!

OMGosh AND there was this little redhaired girl, who was kinda chubby and had shoulder length brushed out curly hair (softly brushed, so still wavy), and I swear she was the carbon copy of me at that age! I showed her to my mom and she smiled and agreed. I saw her grandma looking at me when we were in the checkout lane, I dunno if she just notices red hair or she noticed me noticing her granddaughter or what but I loved it. She was so cute!!!

Magicknthenight
September 28th, 2008, 01:19 AM
I saw a lady at walmart with long hair. At first i passed her when she was standing there and i went to the hair accessories to have a gander. Then when i went to the front i realized she was a cashier. I went and stood in her line. She had long wavy hair. I didn't get to see exactly where it went to but it was probably at or past her bottom. I wanted to compliment her but for some reason in all the rush of walmart i never found the right moment X_X
i was getting a silk cap and some big hair tie things (which i like a lot their cloth) so i wondered as she was ringing me up if she was a member.
It was nice to see though ^-^

oh and the string came out of the silk cap thing before i even got to use it -...-

Indigo Girl
September 28th, 2008, 07:37 AM
I was at the mall yesterday and saw twin girls (they were around 9 or 10 years old) with high ponytails of thick, straight, dark brown hair. The end of their ponytails both sat at tailbone.

Beautiful. :crush:

AnimaSola3o4
September 28th, 2008, 12:50 PM
ANOTHER sighting!! Just today we went to Petco to drop off our doggies for a grooming, and one of the groomers had long hair! It was up in a scrunchie ponytail, and still reached her bum! (I'd say it was at least classic length down, not sure though)

OH and I really think scrunchies are making a comeback, not only did I have my hair back in a scrunchie, but the groomer did as well, and a customer picking up her dog had one on her wrist! I haven't seen that happen in years!! I've been seeing them more and more lately! Maybe I'm not the only one who was getting tired of losing the little elastics constantly!!

:joy:

gallows_gallery
September 28th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I saw a mother and daughter on the train going to uni, both with thick ponytails just past their bottoms. The mother's was frizzy and gross but the little girl had almost WHITE blonde virgin hair...it was amazing.

trolleypup
September 28th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Friday, on the Becks Lake Trail, Dianyla and I saw a series of what I suppose you could call, partly pulled through and tied ponytails.

That is, real Pony tails! Or Horse tails at least... :misskim:

Prevailing style for horses out of the Red's Meadow Pack Station appears to be this, tied with the lead rope for the next animal. Fairytale ends, rather than the blunt cuts favored at more northerly pack stations.

...and I'll now return you to human hair sightings...

Lamb
September 29th, 2008, 11:37 AM
So I went to the university clinic to get something that would help me breathe without coughing my soul out. While waiting, I saw a student with awesome, very dark brown, almost fingertip-length hair. I would say it was 1c//M/C//ii/iii. Gorgeous - but for one thing. She wore it loose, and it was horribly matted-tangled on one side, presumably where it had been trapped under her backpack (a big one). I think I saw her on campus before, and her hair was also loose then, and half of it was under the strap of her backpack. :( Made me so sad that her beautiful hair should be ruined by this negligence. And it was just the type of hair that could be styled very nicely in an updo. *sigh*

Eolan
September 29th, 2008, 12:01 PM
This weekend I saw a woman with classical lenght hair. She had a kind of hard rock/goth kind of style and her hair was colored in a red/purple color. I almost followed her, but I'm not stalking long haired people. Yet... ;)

Haith
September 29th, 2008, 12:19 PM
There is a girl on one of classes at uni with the most beautiful strawberry blonde classic length hair! It's curly, probably 3a. I always look at it when she comes in, and I try so hard not to stare... I really do, but I just can't help it! She wears it down or in a loose bee-butt bun at her nape.

Bronwyn Grace
September 29th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I go to school with a girl that has the prettiest waist-length+ light brown virgin hair. I have to force myself not to stare at it because it is GORGEOUS!

GlassEyes
September 29th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I can't wait until someone realizes that a member is talking about them here. xD

Where I go to college and in Wal-mart (I see a pattern forming) there are a ton of longhairs. D: Makes me both jealous and drool.

Mostly the latter. College is great for my mind...and apparently for my hormones, depending on how you look at it. D: XD

Edit: There are a few specifics I'll mention for the hell of it. there's this guy in my math class with lower MBL to almost waist hair that's this really golden color with some natura (obviously sun caused) highlights. He also looks like carey ewles if said person had a baby with legolas. D: It's possible, that's one girly elf.

There's aother kid in that class who I think is half-black like me, because his hair and skintone are similar to mine. He usually wears his hair in cornrows, but he has these tight corkscrews when it's out that he wears in a ponytail. It's thicker and tighter than mine though. D:

As far as girls, my English Professor is a longhair (she's really young though), and a bunch of girls on Campus have reaaaaaaally long nice hair, but a lot of them are dyed and fried. There's this one girl I saw on North Campus (It's the section of the school that was made for nerds never to see daylight; underground tunnels and everything) who had this freaking awesome curly-wavy blond ehair, but you could tell that she normaly straightened it and had neglected to because of the rain, or it had gotten curly because of the rain.

It was reaaaaaaally nice. I kind of wanted it. D:

kwaniesiam
September 29th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I saw an African American man at the grocery store with LONG greying dreadlocks almost to his bottom, and he was wearing a business suit! :D

Shorty89
September 29th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I saw a girl with tailbone length died red hair on campus. It might've been henna on dark brown/black hair but I didn't get a good look.

eyesofsummer
September 29th, 2008, 11:19 PM
A few weeks ago, during the hurricane gustav scare, I evacuated to Atlanta with a few school friends. While we were there we did the touristy thing and stopped by the zoo. I saw a woman (maybe in her mid-twenties) with medium brown, wavy hair almost down to her knees. It was far away, but it looked to be in very good condition...and I was very tempted to follow her around! It was definitely my longest 'real life' hair sighting.

ladyshannonanne
September 30th, 2008, 12:46 AM
He also looks like carey ewles if said person had a baby with legolas.
ROFL:rolling:

LifeisAdventure
September 30th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Lol, another long-hair sighting at WalMart here!! I was shopping last Wednesday and there was a young woman with lovely dirty blond TB length hair perusing the same aisle as me (noddles and sauce I think ;) ). My hair is the same length but hers was so full and voluminous and mine was all oily and tied up at the time (as usual!). I'm an out-of-stater at my Uni and only started my program a few months ago, so that was the first time I'd seen someone with hair even CLOSE to my length! :)

ETA: I did stare a little longer than normal, so I'm sure it looked like I was checking out her booty, but really I was checking out her ends! Hehe, oh, such things only fellow LHCers can understand!

Paliele
October 1st, 2008, 01:44 PM
I saw a girl on campus today whose braid was down to her knees! I wanted to ask her how long it was unbraided, but she got away.

Xi
October 1st, 2008, 02:47 PM
I saw a young guy with wonderful golden curly APL hair on campus last week -- I was too shy to say anything, but gave him a huge grin. Come to think of it, that probably freaked him out as much as a compliment would have. Ah well.

RavennaNight
October 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM
I saw tons of long hair at the Amorphis/Samael concert on Monday nite. Good heavy metal always brings em out

krash1980
October 2nd, 2008, 01:37 AM
I saw this young girl in an outdoor shopping, probably in her mid-twenties with thick waist length auburn hair. This was about 1 1/2 years ago, her hair was unforgettably beautiful, it left quite the impression on me.

And at Six Flags recently I saw a young male, also in his twenties, with thick wavy medium blond hair to the middle of his back. In our times it is not too often that you see men with hair longer than shoulder length.

Eden Iris
October 6th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Yards and yards of hair spotted at this weekend's Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park, both onstage and off.

trolleypup
October 6th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Yards and yards of hair spotted at this weekend's Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in Golden Gate Park, both onstage and off.
Hmm! Pretty good hair on the other end of town, calf length 1b/MC/iii? asian hair waiting (in the wrong place) for the streetcar, a couple thick (both probably 2//iii) classic length braids on caucasians (brown and brown/silver). No longer than tailbone hair on men though... :( ...oh, wait, besides one of my supervisors who sports a banded ponytail to past tailbone...growing pretty fast!

JessTheMess
October 6th, 2008, 01:16 PM
On Friday I was at the Wachovia Center for Harvest 08 (http://www.harvest.org). I saw a girl a few rows in front of me who had Classic length hair. I wanted to run up and ask her if she knew of LHC, but by the time I got up everyone was moving towards the center of the arena and I lost her in a sea of people:(

Auntbeast
October 6th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Unfortunately, I have a new job that requires I stare with abject jealousy at a coworker. Her hair is at least to the bottom of her back. I've hinted that I'm trying to learn some updos...She hasn't let me touch it yet! She did say that her daughter has long hair too and she needs to learn how to do stuff to it. Maybe one day...

I'm the closet LH, you know, the one with APL in the real world, and at least waist length in my dreams.

misstwist
October 6th, 2008, 10:27 PM
I had a long hair sighting this weekend and it was me!

I went to a patternmaking seminar sponsored by my American Sewing Guild chapter. There was one woman with near bsl hair, but my french braid is just longer than bsl. HA! I win!

Bene
October 10th, 2008, 04:17 PM
i was standing today behind this tiny older lady while i was waiting for the bus. she couldn't have been more than 4'10. had hair all the way down to the tops of her calves. it looked really healthy too. fairy tale ends, but they looked really really healthy.

there were teenagers behind her, and the girl said "i wonder if her hair is really that long, or if it seems that long because she's so little"

her friend said "no, it's really that long"

hahahahahahahahahaha

WaimeaWahine
October 11th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I have to preface this by saying that I don't have cable and will watch anything free on ITunes.

Guess Paris Hilton came out with a new reality show. Anyway, one of the contestants before her :shudder: makeover:

http://i38.tinypic.com/xlcoq0.jpg

Her hair was perfectly sleek and shiney. I hope she grew it right back.

Magicknthenight
October 11th, 2008, 01:10 AM
I had a long hair sighting this weekend and it was me!

I went to a patternmaking seminar sponsored by my American Sewing Guild chapter. There was one woman with near bsl hair, but my french braid is just longer than bsl. HA! I win!

haha nice! I'll see someones hair and think o0o that's kinda long..then i realize mine is probably longer. :laugh:

oogie
October 11th, 2008, 01:55 AM
At my kids school there is a lady with a strawberry red hair down to her thighs. Talk about being JEALOUS! Sweet as pie type of person, real salt of the earth. Wonderful lady with two of the CUTEST little red headed twins you could ever see.

I also saw a mother/daughter pair in Joann's Fabrics too-- totally gorgeous honey brunettes down to their thigh and knee, respectively. Too bad they both have no manners to go along with that hair.

Lastly there is a lady who works in a local Sam's club. OMG!!! Even WITH her hair braided and even pulled up, she has a little past TBL auburn hair. The braid is about two to three inches thick and she has the most sweet personality.

Oh- almost forgot, I got spotted as a long hair. :cool: A lady came past me and was talking with her kids, they all noticed I had my hair longer than mommy and they wanted to know why mommy wouldn't grow HER hair. :poot:

ole gray mare
October 11th, 2008, 11:43 AM
This sighting happened a few weeks ago, but I am just now posting. I saw a lady with knee length silver thick twin braids.

It was astonishing.

This woman had evidently not trimmed her hair--or changed her clothing style--since she was on Yasgur's Farm, and she was having a really groovy time at a weekend festival where I was volunteering. Her braids were swinging! :)

Zombiekins
October 11th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I saw two people yesterday at the mall. The first was a woman with classic (or longer, didn't want to stare) length, thick, curly-ish hair that was only pulled back with a barrette high on her head. It was amazing she wasn't sweating her ass off with all that hair! I can't stand to have mine down even on moderate days and it isn't nearly as thick as this lady's.

The second was a man with seriously long dreds. I was walking quickly one way and he was going another, so I didn't get a good look at just how long they were, but he was tall and I think they were around his bum. They looked great from what I saw. Good thickness on each and they weren't frizzy.

WaimeaWahine
October 12th, 2008, 01:50 AM
If you were shopping at Safeway tonight with wavy brown hair past TBL then I saw you! Sooo pretty and in such great condition. :)

Thrasher07
October 12th, 2008, 08:33 AM
A couple of weeks ago I saw a woman with knee length loose blond hair. It was amazing! She was walking the other way from me so I had to turn round to look haha.

I also saw some terrible!! hair extensions the other day. I know it's not the same, the said woman had black curly hair and half of it was shoulder length and half was tailbone length. it looked so bad! And her make-up was terrible too... Oh I'm so harsh

girlcat36
October 12th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I was at Kripalu in Lenox, MA last weekend and saw a pregnant woman in the cafeteria with her husband and young son. She had fat twin braids that were TBL. I was very jealous and couldn't stop looking!

Addy
October 12th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Hair Sighting at WalMart today!!

3YO little girl running wild through WallyWorld with almost TBL hair flowing side to side!!

!!WARNING!!
TOO cute! :D

rhysiana
October 12th, 2008, 05:35 PM
I spotted a woman out walking her dogs this afternoon with a brunette TBL banded ponytail. Unfortunately, I was driving, so I didn't get a very long look.

AJoifulNoise
October 12th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I saw a girl in the chinese restaurant last night with a flawless redish blonde braid down past her waist. I tried not to stare too long and be creepy.

nmarie33
October 13th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I was at an Opeth (metal band) concert this weekend, so of course there were tons of long hairs there, including lots of men. I stood next to this one kid who told me he was 16, but his hair was already about waist length and GORGEOUS! It was also very curly, so who knows how long it really is?!?

I truly :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat men with long hair, but of course my own long-haired handsome boyfriend is my absolute favorite! :)

Thrasher07
October 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I truly :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat men with long hair

Damn straight! And yay, Opeth are my favourite band! Per has awesome hair!

NightDaemon
October 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I truly :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat men with long hair
Half the reason I came here was for inspiration to get my hair going how it should be, and comments like that are just what I need. :cake:

nmarie33
October 13th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Half the reason I came here was for inspiration to get my hair going how it should be, and comments like that are just what I need. :cake:
Keep growing it hon, I know for a fact I'm not the only one out there who thinks long haired guys are UBER HOTTT! :D

WaimeaWahine
October 13th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Keep growing it hon, I know for a fact I'm not the only one out there who thinks long haired guys are UBER HOTTT! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0qOOH7NdI8

Eye candy depending on your taste. My cousin sent me that. Very cute. :)

tigerlily83
October 13th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I saw a mother, and her two daughters last week with long hair. The mom had knee length hair, and the girls had waist length hair! It was awesome. :)

NightDaemon
October 13th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Impressive sighting in my local comic shop today. Chinese girl, probably all of five feet, with a jet black knee-length ponytail.

LutraLutra
October 14th, 2008, 06:54 AM
On the train to work this morning I saw a great looking older lady with classic length hair in two loooong plaits. She was at least mid 60s, maybe even older, and her hair was a real steel grey colour. Everyone was gawping at her hair, it was great. :)

Rosepatrice
October 14th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Does watching old reruns of The Adams Family count? Morticia has really long, beautiful hair!:o

Gothic Lolita
October 15th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Not a long hair sighting, but nevertheless and awesome head of hair!
I was at a friend's birthday and her mother was also there. She around 70, maybe 75 and has wonderful chin-length hair of pure white. I've seen her many times before, but never realized how beautiful her hair really is.
It seems almost to shine in the dark, like freshly fallen snow and looks very soft.

GlassEyes
October 15th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I sw, less than two hours ago, a girl with 2c thigh-knee length hair.

It was fairytaling, but even then the ends looked thicker than my whole circumference. xD

AnimaSola3o4
October 15th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Did anybody happen to see the episode on TLC of 'Bringing Home Baby' where the dad had beautiful waist then tailbone hair? If I remember correctly, it was waist-ish when the baby was born, and then they come back 6 weeks later to check up on the family, and it was tailbone-ish!

Loved it.

Shorty89
October 15th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I saw a women who was either a Prof or an older studen with a waist-hip length reddish black braid. It was gorgeous!

RavennaNight
October 15th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Roseland Ballroom...Dimmu Borgir concert: Home to many tailbone-to-classic length ladies and gentlemen. Made my just-past-BSL hair look like a bob. One girl had natural looking blonde hair down to her butt. There were a lot of guys with waist length hair. As I have said before, a metal show always brings em out. Even though Roseland's sound quality really stinks. (but I keep going back thinking it will be better next time...)

RavennaNight
October 15th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Wow another one! In the ferry terminal. Don't know how long the hair is, but it is a monstrously HUGE bun andreally pretty too.

MisaLady
October 16th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I saw a woman the other day who has beautiful sleek auburn hair all the way to her ankles - in a braid. I tried not to stare, but I did tell her I thought her hair was gorgeous.

Siava
October 16th, 2008, 07:24 AM
There's a gal in my class with TBL dark, thick, 2a/b hair. I also saw a WSL 1a walking to her class last week. Both have gorgeous locks.

pdy2kn6
October 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
In my university there is a young woman with very very long hair (about knee length). Every now and again I see her long mane in the wind. The other day it was raining so she had it tucked in to her jumper and I still saw the rest of it coming out of her clothes, tapping against her knees. Very exciting when you catch a glimpse of long long hairers up close. One day that will be me...i hope!!!

MsBubbles
October 23rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
This isn't really long, long hair that I spied recently, but I was so impressed and just gawped at this poor woman at the baseball park the other day. Her hair was mostly straight, with gentle waves and completely natural-colored looking. She had the best blunt, thick hemline, which would swing and fall against her waist as she moved. I was inspired to keep growing out my natural color because of this woman's hair.

snowbear
October 23rd, 2008, 08:14 PM
I sw, less than two hours ago, a girl with 2c thigh-knee length hair.

It was fairytaling, but even then the ends looked thicker than my whole circumference. xD
I wonder if that could have been wonderlywroughte?

Gai
October 27th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Fanime was great for long hair both this year and last year.

-ankle length redhead with think hair

-classic length in front of me in line. She seemed to appreciate my compliment.

...and several others.

AprilElf
October 28th, 2008, 05:24 AM
I've had quite a day of long hair spotting! :) Which is unusual for me, as there doesn't usually seem to be an abundance of it where I live.

First up I saw an Indian woman at the bus station with the longest hair I've seen in real life. She was wearing her black hair in a *thud*-worthy English braid that looked so thick and shiny. The tassel was at least thigh length! Unfortunately, I was hurrying to the supermarket to pick up a few things before catching the bus home, so I couldn't hang around and get a closer view. :(

Tonight I went out to a school production of The Pirates of Penzance. The girls in the show all had lovely updos or half-ups - *bless*.:p

Xan
November 1st, 2008, 07:52 AM
I met a woman the other night with thick dark blond waist length hair it was just awesome She said she wants to cut it short I tried to talk her out of it. She is down the street from me so we will see.

HairyCarrie
November 1st, 2008, 08:17 AM
At my new doctor's office the young gal who took my BP had hair to her waist (my goal length). She said she has had it since childhood. I gave her my compliments and told her about LHC.

Then my new doc walked in - yay! Another longhair - about BSL. I didn't yak about her hair or LHC, but maybe her assistant will share.

meganb990
November 3rd, 2008, 12:21 AM
I saw a woman with silver calf length hair with fairy tale ends at a local marie callendars restaurant her hair was trully amazing.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 3rd, 2008, 12:37 AM
I see many East Indian ladies with very long hair in the Chicago area

Mexican/ South or Central American also

At the library a few weeks ago I saw a very pretty young lady that had "Dr. Quinn" hair. She said it was almost to her knees once and she missed having it that long, so she was growing it back! (It is about tailbone right now)

girlcat36
November 4th, 2008, 02:09 PM
On Judge Judy right now:
Thick waist length silver hair, with bangs. Looks very healthy and pretty!

ChatoyantLocks
November 8th, 2008, 08:58 PM
I went to a craft fair today, and almost every woman I saw had hair that was APL or shorter (mostly shorter). I was starting to get depressed at the short hair conformity. Then I spotted a woman with blond hair that was past her knees, and it made my day! :)

Tressie
November 8th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Awesome!!! (o:

Drynwhyl
November 9th, 2008, 10:18 AM
hmm, I saw plenty, but the ones that really remained in my mind are
an older man with a thick grey braid, around waist lenght
a woman I saw 2x in my life, with a braid mid-thigh lenght, hennaed :)
and a 30yr old man I know with elbow lenght hair (that is very long, considering he's very tall &huge )

dubon
November 9th, 2008, 10:56 AM
several days ago, in a supermarket, a lady in her mid-late thirties ... very black and shiny hair, with some wave in it, 5" below her waist, worn loose, but still looking like it is in some order (does that make sense to anyone ?:)). I think she wore it in some awareness that it is pretty, and that everyone else around her must agree with that ... well, at least I did.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 9th, 2008, 10:52 PM
About a year ago I saw a lady who had an almost floor length dread (She was caucasiin) Her hair looked very thick, I am sure it would have dragged the floor if she had taken out the dread and washed all the wax out?

kwaniesiam
November 9th, 2008, 11:21 PM
I have seen a girl on my college campus with classic length hair, brown and natural looking, very shiny and healthy. If I see her again I'm going to have to talk to her, so far it was only twice in passing and she was too far away to say anything to.

ilovelonghair
November 10th, 2008, 12:47 AM
This was long time ago, I went to this theme park and everywhere were women with knee lenght, ankle lenght and floorlenght hair. I got curious and asked about it: there appeared to be a Rapunzel contest! Couldn't believe there were so many people out there!

2 days ago I went to another town for shopping and saw a guy with strawberry blonde hair about waist lenght (and thick), a guy with silver hair, curly and also thick and waist lenght and quite a few with just past the shoulders-lenght hair.
Strangely enough no women, the ones that did have longish hair had strangely wispy cut hair, not nice.

Drynwhyl
November 10th, 2008, 08:57 AM
About a year ago I saw a lady who had an almost floor length dread (She was caucasiin) Her hair looked very thick, I am sure it would have dragged the floor if she had taken out the dread and washed all the wax out?

Wax? there's no wax in dreads :P
Yeah, it would probably be especially long, because my dreads were made a year and a half ago from 70cm of hair, and came out only 20cm long...and they still didn't grow as long as the regular hair (i trimmed my hair)

I find dreadlocks very good to grow long hair, as they don't need any special care, just good ol' washing. I could dread my hair one day, who knows :)

nmarie33
November 10th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Wax? there's no wax in dreads :P

I have heard of white people putting wax in their hair to help dreds form. Some hippie kids used to do it when I was in college. Unfortunately most of them didn't have nice dreads - it looked like they just rubbed the wax all over their heads and then put thier heads in gunny sacks to let the nasty matted globs clump up! I once saw a girl in college with some kind of plant growing out of her dread-clump! YUUUUCK!! Nice-looking dreds are very cool looking though.

burns_erin
November 10th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Yesterday, I saw a woman at subway. Her hair was down, she was sitting at a table and her hair was draped over and around the chair, it came about an inch or two from the floor. it was beautiful and well cared for. Didn't look like she wore it down all the time, but like maybe she wore it down to church and then stopped at subway afterwards.

RavennaNight
November 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Last night at my work I saw a woman with TB-length silver hair that was loose and extraordinarily well kept. I complimented her hair, she smiled and said thank you. It was absolutely stunning! I will have no qualms about having long silver hair as I get older, thats for sure!

Tressie
November 11th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I saw a slim older lady today with the most amazing updo. The sides were swept back and then she had bunned her length up somehow. From the look of the bun, her hair must be very long! She was walking by quickly so I didn't get a chance to ask for details and updo instructions!:D LoL!

Were any of you super long hairs at the Imaging Center today?? :eyebrows:

NightDaemon
November 11th, 2008, 10:34 PM
So, I was out at a different mall today, and there were a lot of longies. Plenty of metalhead guys, plus a few women with nice locks. One girl had a classic length tail, shiny 1A, a nice honey-tawny, which I managed to work up the guts to compliment her on.

trolleypup
November 11th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Complimented a woman with past classic 1b/c long waves, in turn, she wondered how long my hair was down, so we compared...about the same. :)

trolleypup
November 15th, 2008, 12:00 AM
This morning, knee length ponytailed asian type hair...nice fairytale taper...walking away, so couldn't say anything.

This afternoon, calf length dark blonde Wonderly-type curls, also fairytale taper. I managed to catch up with her and compliment her.

MissMaryMac
November 20th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I saw a girl with TBL (probably much longer because her hair was very curly) hair today! Her hair was beautiful, and looked well cared for. I felt very dumpy with my hair all thrown in a bun!:)

NightDaemon
November 20th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I had a nice updo sighting today in the mall... It made me quite suspicious if I was looking at an LHCer! She was talking to someone else, so I didn't go say hi, but it some cute verticalish tucked style secured by a large silver ficcare/fakkare/ibis clip. Nice blonde hair, still wondering if it's one of us... If it was you, wandering around Canberra's Civic Mall, PM me!

sn0w
November 20th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Yesterday while driving through town i saw a lady with a ras at about tailbone length (they have a lot of people with ras in Trinidad usually very long).

But the most amazing thing was that ,from her roots to her neck her ras was grey silver and the rest of the ras was dark brown or black. Very pretty :)

mira-chan
November 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I saw a lady with knee length pure white hair in the subway today. Very pretty.

pdy2kn6
November 29th, 2008, 04:14 PM
This morning, knee length ponytailed asian type hair...nice fairytale taper...walking away, so couldn't say anything.

This afternoon, calf length dark blonde Wonderly-type curls, also fairytale taper. I managed to catch up with her and compliment her.

2 sightings in one day...very lucky

pdy2kn6
November 29th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I saw one chinese lady in the supermarket today with knee length fairytale stick straight black hair swinging around over her red coat. Also the week before i saw a very young girl (about 7ish) indian girl with the thickest braid i have ever seen hanging in front of her, it was about 3/4 the size of her body. It must have been about the size of a fist in thickness even at the bottom where it curled off. She must have inherited some great Indian genes.

marajade
November 29th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I saw one chinese lady in the supermarket today with knee length fairytale stick straight black hair swinging around over her red coat. Also the week before i saw a very young girl (about 7ish) indian girl with the thickest braid i have ever seen hanging in front of her, it was about 3/4 the size of her body. It must have been about the size of a fist in thickness even at the bottom where it curled off. She must have inherited some great Indian genes.

Wow! I'm sure it was a sight!!!!!

Robbi Dehlinger
November 29th, 2008, 10:54 PM
LOVELY!

Wish i were there?

Drynwhyl
November 30th, 2008, 04:18 AM
It must have been about the size of a fist in thickness even at the bottom where it curled off. She must have inherited some great Indian genes.

My braid is about that thick o_O

Thrasher07
November 30th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Loadsss of sightings yesterday at a Christmas market, I saw:

Knee length fairy tale ends
Tailbone length
Hip length
And several waist lengths :D

Beatnik Guy
November 30th, 2008, 06:56 AM
I saw a lady with knee length pure white hair in the subway today. Very pretty.

Wow, that must have been awesome! :D

mira-chan
November 30th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Wow, that must have been awesome! :D
It was. :D The hair was straight and looked fine/medium-ish, in a half up. Looked absolutely beautiful over a long black coat. She looked ethereal.

Robbi Dehlinger
December 1st, 2008, 06:14 AM
So much for long hair nor being appropraite as you get older??

It must have been FABULOUS!

az_sweetie01
December 1st, 2008, 12:50 PM
In my search for green products for a class, I came across this site....

http://maryjanesfarm.com/

She's a long hair and thus, my "longhair sighting" :D Pretty neat lady (pretty braid too!)!

Raven69
December 1st, 2008, 12:58 PM
There's this one girl that works at this store that I frequently go to, I only remember seeing once or twice before, her hair appears to be classic, maybe longer - she had it in a ponytail it was black and straight, very pretty. Also, I was watching a movie over the weekend - not sure what movie but its a modern day movie, there's this part where this tall red-headed woman runs past the camera, past the main(or sub main) characters into the background, and she had about waist-hip length hair - very pretty!

shwankie
December 1st, 2008, 01:11 PM
Saw three today, all at the gym. One is a woman who works there, so I see her all the time, but have never posted about her. She's Asian, and has fairy tale hair past her knees! One was a young lady who teaches classes. She has gorgeous, dark, thick hair she usually wears in dual french braids, but when it's down it's about at her waist. The other was new to me. She had her hair up, in a crown-style braid type thing. It has to be waist length or longer, I think.

Raven69
December 1st, 2008, 01:46 PM
*link removed*

Incredible, this is a website that has nothing but long hairs (models) who wash, braid or style their hair...usually having people do it for them...