PDA

View Full Version : Long hair sighting thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

LittleOrca
September 21st, 2009, 06:43 PM
At the super market today it was as though all the long haired women were out. I saw at least two with classic length hair, one with waist, one that was just above waist, and a little girl with hair that would be classic on her, but probably waist on an adult.

Robbi Dehlinger
September 21st, 2009, 11:46 PM
I have some ladys in my church that have beautiful hair. One her hair drags a few inches on the ground when its over her shoulder!!! and the other has hair down way past her knees.... Oh what i would do to have hair that long, maybe someday.

And so many folks say Church Ladies are bad??? Not in this case, anyway:)

twolunarspring
September 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
I met a lady in a charity shop the other day with wonderfully thick, curly hip-length hair. I paid her a compliment on it :)

Eden_Rayn
September 22nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
a women came into my work (Giant Eagle-Pittsburgh, PA) with knee length wavy black hair. It was gorgeous. My coworker commented her for the lady went threw her line and ran over to me to point her out.

LittleOrca
September 22nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
A student at the graduate program I am in has waist length thick and semi-curly hair. She is Chilean and she loved my hair too! :D (I took it down for my id picture.)

embee
October 3rd, 2009, 12:59 PM
What a week for long hair! Last weekend the waiter at the restaurant had a ponytail that was almost waistlength. He was cool. :) Reminded my of my son-in-law.

Then in the middle of the week I went to the secondhand shop and there was a lady with almost knee length brown hair - soft waves, loose, wow! The two clerks (older women) were chatting about that hair when the lady left the shop - and from what I overheard it sounded like they wished they could play with it, brush it, put it into various updo styles.... Barbie doll stuff! Made me giggle to myself.

And today at the craft shop there was a clerk fixing a display and her hair was in a tailbone length blonde braid as thick as my wrist. Later I saw a mother and teen daughter (it looked like) waiting in another checkout lane - the mother had soft blonde curls to her waist and the daughter had brown curls to her hips.

Oh my. Maybe it's the cooler weather and everyone is wearing the hair lose/down? It's just too warm for that in summer. Or maybe I've crawled out from under my rock....

Centifolia
October 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Some of my new classmates have such beautiful hair!
There is a girl with medium brown with some natural highlights, wavy (maybe 2b) hair, somewhere past BSL (she is tall), with a straight hemline. A girl with dark coarse black hair, curly (besides she brush it), waist lenght, layered. Since her hair is really thick, I like the layers. Another girl with almost waist lenght hair, U-shaped hemline, straight and blonde. There are also a boy growing his hair long, his hair is APL, with some strands really short above his left ear, wavy/curly black thick hair. All of them are my new inspiring models right now. :D

paintedmuse
October 3rd, 2009, 01:19 PM
This week I was in Strasbourg (France) with my school. I saw a lady with tailbone length blonde dreadlocks. They were rather small and there were lots of them. She was wearing a tight black dress and black high heels and it looked so elegant and went so well with her hair color. She was great. :)

Bucatini
October 4th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Yesterday at a college football game I saw a woman with I think mid-thigh or possibly knee-length blonde waves. She was seated down closer to the field but directly in front of me so I didn't have a good angle to see the whole length. I'm sure it was beyond classic.

She didn't have it contained at all!! Seemed like a daring place to go free, but it was lovely.

RavennaNight
October 4th, 2009, 08:08 PM
This evening at Jose Tejas in Iselin NJ there was a lady with super-thick TB length straight hair. It was so much thick hair, it was almost overwhelming! But gorgeous nonetheless!

Speckla
October 4th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I saw hiplength hair - on my shadow. It was of course because I was wearing a shirt with a hood but still. It looked like long, long hair to me. Was that a foreshadowing? :cheese:

maxzeen
October 6th, 2009, 07:36 AM
A couple days ago I was at Chili's with my mom and there was a girl that walked in with tailbone curly hair. It was very dark but absolutely gorgeous.

Sheltie_Momma
October 6th, 2009, 08:02 AM
I saw hiplength hair - on my shadow. It was of course because I was wearing a shirt with a hood but still. It looked like long, long hair to me. Was that a foreshadowing? :cheese:

Bah hah hah, that was a good pun....

Shastrix
October 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Last Thursday I was at Gatwick Airport and spotted a middle-aged lady out of the corner of my eye with a classic length plait. As I was doing a double-take I spotted that the plait was actually wrapped around the top of hear head before falling down her back! I can't even begin to imagine how long her hair must have been loose. :bigeyes:

Amara
October 6th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Lovely near-knee length hair on a very very short woman at a bellydance show this weekend... I think my hair is about as long as hers was, but being 5'7" can suck sometimes!

ChrissieM
October 7th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I saw the most perfect red hair today...A lovely woman, probably 40-50 years old (I'm terrible at judging age), with hip length straight natural copper red hair with just a hint of wave towards the bottom, where it was cut in a soft U-hemline. Amazing. Beautiful. Gorgeous. The bonus is that my goal hair is similar to hers, so I kind of got a sneak peek of what it could look like!

LittleOrca
October 7th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I saw an older woman today with a large bun. It was like the stereotypical grandma everyone says we look like when we bun our hair. Her but was big and it was braided and wrapped around itself. If I had to guess her hair would have been about TBL or classic.

RavennaNight
October 7th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I saw classic length 2B brown hair on a lady yesterday morning shopping in my store. It looked like it was decently taken care of. Actually it looked as if it had been oiled slightly. (not generally oily/dirty looking, but oiled! You know what I mean?)I wonder if she is on LHC? :hmm:

AprilElf
October 9th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I finally gave my first compliment to a long-hair since joining LHC. :) Usually I'm too shy, or it doesn't seem appropriate.

There was a girl of about 10 or 11 in the supermarket and she had classic length, light brown, stick-straight hair. She had very pretty natural highlights and wore her hair loose. I told her that her hair was lovely and that I also had long hair, but it was hidden by my coat. (I'd just ridden my scooter in to town, and had my twin braids tucked behind my coat. I would have pulled them out to show her if I hadn't had my hands full with shopping!)
She said 'thank you' and seemed pleased, if somewhat surprised. ;)

Thinthondiel
October 9th, 2009, 08:37 AM
I saw a woman with, blond, straight, tailbone-length (or a bit longer) hair today. I really wanted to give her a hair compliment, but we had just walked past each other, and I didn't want to turn around and go after her to do that... I feel like I might have come off as weird/creepy. Besides, my bangs are kinda greasy today, so I didn't want to do anything to possibly attract her attention to my own hair.

viking_quest
October 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
I went to a local concert last night. There were at least 4 guys with tailbone length hair, 4 with waist length hair, and many more that had hair longer than shoulder. All of the girls had short hair though (less than BSL).

Centifolia
October 10th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Some days ago, I saw a women with BSL wavy thick hair and it was completely salt and pepper. It was really beautiful.

Laurel32
October 10th, 2009, 12:41 PM
In my Chemistry class I sit in front of a girl who wears her hair in a messy bun everyday. On Thursday, she let her hair down for a couple of seconds to redo her bun. Her hair reached waist length, I was amazed! I know that buns hide the length but I didn't think her hair was that long.

fluffybunny
October 10th, 2009, 01:54 PM
A couple recent sightings

1) Saw a woman online at a deli with an enormous bun. Her hair was straight and thick, a mix of blond and (I think) grey. She was tiny & delicate, like a ballet dancer. I thought "90 pounds of woman, four feet of hair".

2) A pair of teenager boys with their mom. They could have been twins, I wasn't sure. Once had standard short hair, the other had a big uncut mop, down to waist, fairytale ends everywhere. It was sunbleached, looked uncombed, and full of splits. It was really wild looking.

Aerith
October 10th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Today I saw someone in a store with beautiful tailbone length hair and she was wearing it down! I wanted to compliment her on it and ask if she possibly knew about LHC, but I'm a little shy and was worried that she might take it the wrong way or think I was strange, lol. :)

Indigo Girl
October 10th, 2009, 06:40 PM
On the orange line (metro) today, I saw a girl with two beautiful, thick, waist-length blonde braids. They were lovely. :)

82exoticbeauty
October 11th, 2009, 05:55 PM
On October 4, I was at Costco and saw a few long hairs by hip and some nearing classic! I saw a guy who happens to walk pass by my parents, his hair was pass tailbone! At Big Lots, I saw a young girl somewhere at the age 6-9 years that had classic length hair (Which on me as adult, it's tailbone length since I'm 5'0!)!

MissManda
October 11th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Let's see. . .

There's a woman with long, dark hair that comes to use the wireless internet (like I do for my online classes). I've seen her a few times, and I actually managed to courage-up and give her a hair compliment. She was so happy! :D I actually don't know how long her hair is because she keeps it in a kind of half-bun, half-ponytail style. She keeps the top part in a bun-thing, and then lets the rest of her hair hang down do waist-length. Since it looks like there's a lot of hair in the bun, I bet it's pretty long!

And then when my boyfriend and I were getting lunch at a Wendy's (because it's cheap and we're starving college students), there was a mother and daughter ahead of us in line--both had tailbone-lwngth hair. The mother had dark blonde, sun-bleached hair up in a ponytail (I think her hair must be longer than TB, maybe classic). It was about 1b/1c texture and very thick. Her child had golden-blonde hair that was tailbone length.

And then there's another woman in my area with streaked light/dark blonde hair, also very thick and straight. I've seen her a couple of times, and I gave her a hair compliment when she gave me a compliment on my shirt. I scampered off shyly before I could see her response. :)

little_acorn
October 11th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I often see a young woman at work (in the staff cafe) with classic length wavey blonde hair. She always wears it down and its in beautiful condition with fairytale ends.

viking_quest
October 11th, 2009, 06:53 PM
On October 4, I was at Costco and saw a few long hairs by hip and some nearing classic! I saw a guy who happens to walk pass by my parents, his hair was pass tailbone! At Big Lots, I saw a young girl somewhere at the age 6-9 years that had classic length hair (Which on me as adult, it's tailbone length since I'm 5'0!)!

I always see longhairs at Costco.

RavennaNight
October 11th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I always see longhairs at Costco.

Of course you do. We buy our hair products in bulk! Dontcha know? ;)

ponyboy
October 11th, 2009, 09:02 PM
In the past, I've gone to an annual event in St Paul, MN on the 4th of July weekend . It's a Hmong celebration called the Sports Festival, where asian folks from all over the US (maybe the world) get together for a couple of days. They play volleyball, soccer, and a game that is unique to them mixing the two sports together (can't recall the name). There are many other aspects of their culture on display: food, music, fashion, and a lot of long hair. Most of the women in attendance wear their hair either down or in a braid, and there are always multiple sightings of knee length or longer tresses. Anyone in the Twin Cities area around July 4th should attend!

lundmir
October 12th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Hmmm I saw a lot of long haired people this week buuut I can only remember a guy with TBL dark brown hair. It was in a ponytail!
Also my hot metalhead friend, I'm in love with his hair.

Laylah
October 12th, 2009, 02:10 AM
This girl I saw had a braid folded in half which reached her waist. I can't imagine how long it is, probably at least knee length.

Juanita
October 12th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Whilst facepainting at the local market last Saturday I saw a lady and her two daughters. the mother and one daughter had tailbone wavy hair while the younger daughter had straight waist length hair. The eldest girl would have be 10/11 the younger 7/8 I guess.

Chibbylick
October 12th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Today I saw my friend at our kids school. and her freshly washed curly tailbone length hair totally got me all hair envious!
Chibby

GlassEyes
October 12th, 2009, 06:16 AM
My friend Maria just hit tailbone, apparently. XD; She stopped by yesterday to see me--I only see her sparingly. :P That counts, right?

JamieLeigh
October 12th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I saw a lady at the gas station with waist-length reddish hair, with about an inch of grey at her roots. Unfortunately I was too busy with my kids to speak and tell her I admired her hair. :(

Hay22
October 12th, 2009, 12:18 PM
I went to the Renaissance Festival yesterday and was surrounded by tons of amazing heads of TB+ hair. Tons of inspiration everywhere! I'm almost back at BSL and feel like I have "long" hair in everyday life, but out there I felt like such a shortie.

shwankie
October 12th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I was at our local hair show, and spotted a woman with beautiful dark blond/light brown hair. It was in a braid as thick as my wrist, down to her waist, and held without any visible tie.--even against blowing winds!

I didn't get a chance to speak to her, unfortunately, but her hair was beautiful. Even my DH commented on how pretty it was.

kdaniels8811
October 12th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Okay, I feel a little foolish. Went to the libraray and a lady was coming out with light brown classic length hair and it was beautiful! I was parked right behind her and said wow, your hair is lovely, I cannot wait until mine gets that long. Have you ever heard of Long Hair Community? It is an internet forum where we share hair care methods for growing hair long. Or something to that effect. She looked at me like I was a raving lunatic, said "no thanks", jumped in her car and sped off. I am fairly normal looking and we live in a VERY small town where everyone speaks to each other so it is not as if that is abnormal to say something to people you see. Now I am paranoid to say anything to anyone. Has anyone else had this experience?

Indigo Girl
October 12th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Okay, I feel a little foolish. Went to the libraray and a lady was coming out with light brown classic length hair and it was beautiful! I was parked right behind her and said wow, your hair is lovely, I cannot wait until mine gets that long. Have you ever heard of Long Hair Community? It is an internet forum where we share hair care methods for growing hair long. Or something to that effect. She looked at me like I was a raving lunatic, said "no thanks", jumped in her car and sped off. I am fairly normal looking and we live in a VERY small town where everyone speaks to each other so it is not as if that is abnormal to say something to people you see. Now I am paranoid to say anything to anyone. Has anyone else had this experience?

Oh wow, that's awful! :(

It almost sounds like she thought you were trying to sell her something?? :hmm:

I compliment strangers all the time, and have never experienced anything like that. It was kind of you to pay her a compliment. :flower:

Longlocks3
October 12th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I didn't see 'long hair' today but I did see a hair stick in the bun of the clerk at the gas station I stopped at today. It was a nice stick too! I almost commented on it but I thought it would be weird of me to say 'nice stick' :P.

I NEVER see 'hair toys' in hair of other people, just my own. I was really surprised. And secretly hoped shes a member on here.

Stephichan
October 12th, 2009, 09:41 PM
I was out with my friend this weekend buying some alcohol (she just turned 21 and wanted to get carded) and I saw a woman with beautiful blonde/brown hair that looked somewhere between tailbone and classic (if I remember correctly). I just kept walking, but it definitely caught my eye.

trolleypup
October 12th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Keep it simple.

For stranger compliments, I'll keep it to something like "Great/Beautiful Hair" and move on.

Lemur_Catta
October 13th, 2009, 08:38 AM
I always see a girl at university, she has hip length blonde wavy hair, it is fantastic. Her waves are so definite (is this the right word?), much different from the frizzy brushed out curls\waves I see around. I don't know her so I haven't said anything about her hair, but it is amazing :D
Last year, when I was not on LHC, I saw her too, and I thought her hair was greasy :D when her waves are just definite and well moisturized. I was conditioned by our society's standards, now I think I was so blind back then.

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I always see a girl at university, she has hip length blonde wavy hair, it is fantastic. Her waves are so definite (is this the right word?), much different from the frizzy brushed out curls\waves I see around. I don't know her so I haven't said anything about her hair, but it is amazing :D
Last year, when I was not on LHC, I saw her too, and I thought her hair was greasy :D when her waves are just definite and well moisturized. I was conditioned by our society's standards, now I think I was so blind back then.

I think the word you're looking for is "defined." Her hair sounds so wonderful!

I love reading this thread... I haven't had any sightings in forever!

Shastrix
October 13th, 2009, 11:55 AM
By this boards standards the hair I spotted wasn't "long", but today I saw an albino lady with BSL pin-straight diaphanous white hair. :D It was so purrty! I remember when I was in first school and was strangely jealous of a girl for being albino; but now I am aware of the eye problems and skin cancer issues which kind of spoils the magic. :(

spidermom
October 13th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Bad hair day at Fred Meyer Department Store. All the long hair that I saw looked like mice had been chewing on the ends, except for one young girl with thick, dark braids down to her knees. Whoa!

slz
October 13th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Going to the vet we drove past a young girl at the roadside, maybe 10- 12 years old, with a beautiful thick blond wavy TBish ponytail. Nice sighting, we drove by quite fast but it caught my eye nevertheless.

Beatnik Guy
October 13th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Keep it simple.

For stranger compliments, I'll keep it to something like "Great/Beautiful Hair" and move on.

Yes -- and if they wanted a conversation, only some way into that would I consider mentioning an internet forum for long hair weirdos.

Niftytiffs
October 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM
I was in Bath (Somerset, UK) today and spooted a college girl messing around with some friends outside the Pump Rooms. She had lovely wavy, waist-length hair that looked like it was henna'd.

I was inside the pump room but even if I wasnt, I wouldnt have dreamed of saying anything!

Tiffers

Indigo Girl
October 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Yes -- and if they wanted a conversation, only some way into that would I consider mentioning an internet forum for long hair weirdos.

Agreed, I would wait on the person's reaction first. :agree:

Indigo Girl
October 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I almost commented on it but I thought it would be weird of me to say 'nice stick' :P.

Hey you never know! I commented on QueenAnnesLace's Etta Mae fork - by name, she was definitely surprised I even knew the maker - and now, I have a new friend to hang out with and LHC has a new member! :D

Peter
October 13th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I saw a woman today with TBL 1a black hair. Super silky. :D

Angela_Rose
October 14th, 2009, 08:20 AM
As I've mentioned enough times to make everyone groan when I talk about it again, I attend renaissance faires & SCA events. Anyway, at the Connecticut Renaissance Faire last weekend, I encountered a mother & daughter who both were possessed of thick, dark blonde classic-length locks. Since I'm a rather gregarious person, I went right up to them, complimented their hair, mentioned LHC (yay plugs!), and let my thigh-length hair swing out behind me as I turned to leave.

sally_neuf
October 14th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I saw a mother and her 7-8 years old daughter with a long thick straight hair, they both had straight bangs, AND they both had a white streak in their bangs, kinda like rogue from x-men!!!
Their hair was so shiny, it was medium brown, but the white streak was lovely, and they both had it i the same spot!!! I guess it was a gray patch, a mole (not sure how to say it ) but it looked beautiful!!

pittsburgpam
October 14th, 2009, 10:04 PM
There was a young woman who worked at my company for awhile as a temp and she had maybe the most beautiful hair I have ever seen. It was only (?!) a little past BSL but it was THICK and glossy and silky and straight as a pin, dark brown. She didn't look Asian in any way. It looked like every strand was the same length, cut straight across, and when she wore it in a braid the bottom was just as thick as the top.

Wonderful hair!

Ravenwaves 88
October 18th, 2009, 06:44 PM
In the grocery store today I saw a caucasian woman with her son and her hair had to have been to her knee pits. It was straight, thin brown silky hair that ended in fairytale ends. I didn't have the courage to say anything but I just had to walk past and admire.

I also saw a lady at work.....short asian.....with floor brushing hair and she walks around with her fairlytale ends just dragging along. at least 5" of it laying on the floor. I'm not sure that I'd want to do that. It was lovely though.

kam984420
October 18th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I went to Wal mart today and the girl who was writing up a work ticket for me back in the tire and lube express had dark brown hair that was 1a and waist length. It was really healthy and REALLY THICK.:)

emmebean
October 18th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I saw a woman this weekend with knee length hair, when she knelt down it brushed the floor, I was so excited!

BranwenWolf
October 18th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I had the lovliest conversation with a checker at the grocery store. I noticed my line was low and then noticed the clerk in the next aisle over had hairsticks! I went over there and said I thought I was the only person in town who wore hairsticks. We had about 10 minutes of conversation because no one was behind me in line for a while.
She was just at tailbone (but a lot taller than me) and asking if I trimmed ends, because hers were splitting. I told her about olive oil. She had the same remarks/thoughts as me- people asked if she was donating her hair, she loved long hair because you can do lots of styles, etc.

It made my day. :D

friskybiznus
October 18th, 2009, 11:25 PM
I saw a woman in the gocery store today with the most lovely salt and pepper BSL hair. I just had to go up to her and tell her how pretty it was. She was flabbergasted at my compliment, but I could tell I made her day. A hair compliment to a woman from another woman is like gold! :)

Yozhik
October 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I went in for an interview, and when I was waiting in the reception area, I sat right across from a woman with tailbone length hair. We sat there for a couple of minutes, and I gathered up my courage to compliment her on her long hair. She was definitely flattered and then told me that she had made a resolution not to change her hair until she had lost a bunch of weight (to which goal she was half-way to accomplishing). I wanted to encourage her to keep it long even after her goal was reached, but chickened out!

Too bad I didn't have an LHC recognition card handy! (who knows if I would have had the gumption to use that, either :\)

BranwenWolf
October 24th, 2009, 08:01 PM
There was a woman about my age at school who looked to be east Indian or from/descended from around that area.

She had classic length hair in a braid that was as thick as my fist. I've never seen hair that thick- it was amazing.

Eniratak
October 24th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I never see any long hair around my area, however, there was a woman at the hospital I went to to get my x-rays done that said her hair used to be as long as mine. She had cut it because she was tired of it and as soon as it was gone, she missed it. I asked if she was going to grow it back out and she told me she was. XD. So not exactly quite the same thing as a sighting, but.

Deb!
October 24th, 2009, 08:59 PM
I just had a sighting at Walmart. Of course I looked like crap!;)

I turned down an aisle and saw the most gorgeous head of hair on a girl about 15 yrs. old. It was blonde, thick, straight hemmed and ended at her upper thigh/under her bum.

I stopped and talked with her mom, who also had long hair...at least mid-back length.

I told the girl she had gorgeous hair, then told them both about LHC.

Her mom was great in that she had no problem talking about their hair experiences.

She said not once have they gone out and not had someone say something positive about her daughter's hair.

I was shocked when she stated cruel comments are also directed at her daughter! I asked if they were said to her face, she said "no, girls pass them, then make snide remarks".
She stated they say things like "Who the heck does she think she is, Barbie?", statements that reflect their jealousy!

"Mom" said the negative comments are heard more than one would realize.

Poor girl!

Oddly enough, just this morning I wondered why I never see anyone with long hair in my neck of the woods! I guess I'm just not out at the right time! :grin:

vdhendrix
October 25th, 2009, 03:54 AM
i work at wal-mart, so i see a lot of people, i usually see a lot of hispanic women with at hip-classic length hair, but one day on my way out, i seen a woman with VERY thick, VERY curly light brown floor length hair, she also had a little girl with her, with almost thigh length hair

embee
October 25th, 2009, 08:12 AM
At a festival yesterday I met a woman who had lovely BSL grey curls. Her hair was very pretty, and it was down, loose, soft - I was most impressed. My guess is she is in her 40s.

Kris Dove
October 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I keep seeing loads of beautiful long haired customers at my work. I've also spotted a lot of really long, past the waist hair extensions recently too.

Amara
October 25th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I haven't seen any well-cared-for hair lately that's longer than APL, really.

mira-chan
October 25th, 2009, 07:13 PM
I saw an elderly lady with a waist length high side braid today. Very beautiful light silver color too.

bigmama8
October 25th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I saw a young girl about 7 with BSL hair that was beautiful. It was auburn and very thick. She had bangs and big blue eyes. She was so cute. I told her that her hair was beautiful and she just grinned.

ravenreed
October 25th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I saw a guy today, from behind. He had a huge, bushy, gorgeous ponytail that went down to at least his tailbone. It was very shiny and lush. I am guessing, because it was black, that he is native american. I never saw his face so I could be wrong.

marzipanfuntime
October 26th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Their is only one girl at my college I know with below waist hair. I sit behind her just to stare at her knee length brown waves.

So few long haired women in TN!

vdhendrix
October 26th, 2009, 12:44 AM
there is also a guy that comes were i work alot with classic length blond dread locks

fluffybunny
October 26th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Saw a woman on the street with knee-length hair. I pointed her out to my short-haired female friend who said 'yuck! I wouldn't want all that hair.'

JamieLeigh
October 26th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I went to the Ren Faire this weekend, and saw a LOT of long hair. The longest I saw that was not on myself was hip-length and wavy blonde. Very pretty. I also saw a waist-length style that was very cute. Pigtails under a bandana. I'd never thought of that. Pity my hair is too long to enjoy pigtails for an entire day. :(

embee
October 27th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Pretty ash-blonde girl with BSL dreads going in to the UPS store! Personally I don't care for dreads.....

Hiriel
October 27th, 2009, 04:56 PM
This weekend a friend I had not seen since before LHC came to visit, and the first thing I noticed was of course her hair ;)
I always knew it was long obviously, but since the last time I'd seen her, it had reached classic :thud:
Her hair is dyed pitch black, is almost completely straight and looks lovely.

ETA: And we went to a metal concert. It was a good weekend for long hair :D

MissManda
October 27th, 2009, 06:10 PM
When I was in Safeway yesterday, I saw a Hispanic woman with lovely, black waist-length hair!

freckles
October 27th, 2009, 06:20 PM
hip-length ginger dreadlocks on a male bartender. I'm not a fan of dreads really, but they were pretty fabulous :D

LadyGunn
October 28th, 2009, 08:11 AM
A lady came into the office yesterday wearing a cinnabun with a plain wood stick. It's the first time I've seen someone else use hairsticks in my neck of the woods. I couldn't think of anything not-dumb to say to her, especially with my boss standing there.

JamieLeigh
October 28th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I saw a lady at the gas station with tailbone-length hair. It was very vibrant red in the lower third, but the top 2/3 was a mousy brown flecked with grey. It looks like she's growing out her natural color - loved it!! I told her so and suggested she check out this site. She said she'd look into it. *hoping, hoping, hoping....*

Wanderer09
October 28th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Lots of long hair sightings on the Uni campus. Looking around, I suppose the average hair length is between shoulder and BSL, but there are exceptions. A girl in one of my classes has pretty TB-length brown hair, and a few times I've seen another girl with gorgeous black classic-length hair that was amazingly thick all the way down...

frodolaughs
October 28th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I saw a man riding his bicycle down the street with tb length dreadlocks. They were the small, neat looking kind, not the big thick mats I see more frequently. It was impressive.

GeoJ
October 28th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I just noticed one of my neighbors has waist length hair, I never noticed its length before because she always has it up. It looked like it was damp, so maybe she air dries it.

I also had several long hair sightings last month on vacation. I watched the 2nd parade for Oktoberfest in Munich, and saw plenty of nice braided updos among the parade participants.

Gemma
October 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM
At the tea store where I work, I just saw a woman with amazing, wavy hair down to about mid-thigh. I really wanted to compliment her but I was with another customer. I definitely had a jaw dropping moment, though!

andber
October 28th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Last week when travelling with the local bus on my way home I caught a short glimpse of a women on the street with blond "braidwavy" hair to her hips, blunt cut. It was sort of angel hair floating around her. Beautiful!

About three weeks ago I saw a woman around 25 year old with her blond hair in a ponytail reaching to her knees. Quite a sight!

pepperminttea
October 28th, 2009, 04:36 PM
On the train back from Glasgow, the guy pushing the snack trolley had amazing wavy-ish (maybe 2A) tawny greying hair, down to his tailbone, in a low pony. I told him his hair was amazing, he blushed! :D

Cholera
October 30th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Today, when my mom and I were checking out at the grocery store, I noticed our checker had hip length hair! I took the opportunity to say she had pretty hair and tell her about LHC. She thanked me tons, and I think she's gonna check us out :D

otherarrow
October 31st, 2009, 04:41 AM
Well, not a lot of people grow their hair very long where I live. But I have seen two girls with long hair (By my towns standards at least)

First one was a girl in the same class as me when I was in the 10th grade. Her hair was about waist length and dyed platin blond. very lovely.

Second was my best friend's brother's girlfriend who had about the same length (and colour O.o), but then when we had a hair cutting spree a few months ago she cut it to a little below shoulder (despite my friend and me begging her not to).

Also my friend told me her grandmother used to have like REALLY long hair and would tie it up into a giant bun. She would like me to grow mine out and do the same :P

Johanna
October 31st, 2009, 05:58 AM
I saw a weird long hair sighting. A girl with shoulder length hair, but one really thick dreadlock going down the classic length. It sprouted from the upper back of her head with weird bits of string wrapped around it at random intervals. I didn't know if I should be impresed or weirded out a little.

Tornerose
October 31st, 2009, 03:04 PM
I was in sweden yesterday. And it looks like the new avergaelenght there for females under.. say 35? is APL :D So yay sweden :D

And in a restaurant I saw a girl with incredibly thick waistlenght big waves, she had it up in a ponytail. I must have looked like such a creep when I turned around to look at her every time she walked by :lol:

mira-chan
October 31st, 2009, 10:08 PM
One of the trick or treaters that stopped by for candy today was a young girl with past classic length curly hair.

Ina
November 1st, 2009, 03:13 AM
A couple of weeks ago I was in Oslo, and I saw an asian girl with knee long black stright hair walking on the street. It was so pretty!

kam984420
November 1st, 2009, 05:43 AM
I was out and about yesterday and saw alot of LONG hair. Most of it was between BSL and WAIST. ALL of it was extremely healthy.:):cool:

KarenH1
November 4th, 2009, 02:56 PM
This is a fun thread! When I was in Colorado a few months back, I saw a woman with a golden knee length braid walk into a store. I have not seen any that long here.

SheaLynne
November 4th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I saw the most healthy, beautiful tb length hair on a young mom at the park yesterday. She had it in a low ponytail.

(Her little one wasn't 2 yet, so I thought for potentially having gone through postpartum shed not too long ago, it was sensational!)

I wanted to ask her if she knew about LHC, but I didn't have the nerve since my own hair wasn't that fantastic yesterday LOL :p

LadyGunn
November 4th, 2009, 05:18 PM
A new hire at my job had a pony-tailed herringbone braid today. I'm guessing it would've been around mid-back down, definitely longer than BSL.

SheaLynne - lovely siggy pic.

Longlocks3
November 5th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Tuesday I was walking around my college campus and saw a mid 20s guy with a pony tail that was probably shoulder length. That's really long for a guy around here!

I almost said something to him but I haven't yet attempted to convert anyone to LHC. Maybe next time.

embee
November 7th, 2009, 05:35 AM
At the grocery store, a (white) guy with classic length dreads. Now I'm not into dreads, but this *was* impressive, so as we weighed up our veggies I asked him how long he'd been growing his dreads. He said about 20 years. I said "cool", and that I'd been growing my hair about that length of time also - he looked and nodded, and we grinned at each other. There was nothing for him to say actually: my hair is stick-straight fine and thin, and was in a little twisted low bun held with one MeiFa stick. Quite the opposite of his great fuzzy matted long dreads. ;)

fluffybunny
November 8th, 2009, 12:05 AM
At a movie theater, saw a woman with long grey hair, just shy of classic length but looked terminal to me. How often do you ever see terminal length *grey* hair on display? It was awesome!

MissManda
November 8th, 2009, 01:25 AM
I was at Shop 'N Kart yesterday evening when I saw a woman with soft-looking hair that was between waist and tailbone length. It was a mousy brown color and had gentle waves in it.

Yayasmurf
November 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I think every woman with long hair in my town was in Wal-Mart today :D

The first thing that caught my eye when I walked in the door was a lady with black below classic hair up in a pony. It was medium thickness and really pretty. I hadn't gone far when there stood another long haired beauty looking at the produce. Her's was medium brown and silver free flowing waist length... really pretty. As I was heading for the dairy there was a lady looking at little girls clothes, she had auburn hair... another free flowing to waist. She had some lite braid waves going on. It looked pretty too. On to the dairy... LOL! There stood an older lady with her white hair in a bun. It wasn't real thick but you could tell it must really be long because she had lots of rounds in her bun :). But my favorite was a beautiful Hispanic lady standing in the meat section with her hair braided. It had to have been classic when not braided and I could swear that braid was almost 3 inches wide. Great Hair Viewing Day for me :cheese:

RavennaNight
November 8th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Long hair siting city! Heathenfest at Grammercy Theater in NYC. Tons of long haired people, hip length +. This one dude had 1A straight hair down to TB in a ponytail. Tons of classic length girls. Hair was everywhere. And it was clean! Yes, I do know for a fact! As folks were headbanging I kept smelling hair products not sebumy sweat! :rockerdud:

Teakafrog
November 9th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I was at Barnes and Noble in Springfield this weekend and saw both a tailbone length ponytail and a classic length loose. I NEVER see that much loose hair around here. Seems like the only people with long hair are the Amish/Mennonite/fundamentalists who always bun it up.

viking_quest
November 9th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I was at the grocery store and saw a woman with 2c classic length hair. It was gorgeous.

Laurel32
November 9th, 2009, 05:14 PM
A couple of days ago I saw an older indian women with a huge grey bun held by an ordinary pen. Her hair must have been to her hips or longer. She was with a younger girl who had around waist length hair.

Tressie
November 9th, 2009, 07:47 PM
DH and I were driving in a small town to the north of where we live, and he saw a couple of women (maybe a woman and her daughter) with long hair. He pointed them out and it looked as though the older had around classic length and the younger was around tailbone, I think. Very pretty and shiny~ (o:

emmebean
November 12th, 2009, 11:07 PM
I've seen alot of men this past week shopping where I work with long ponytails. Some were very well cared for, others.....
More long hair on the men this week than the women...

JamieLeigh
November 13th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Yay!! I finally got to see a mom at my kids' school with tailbone length hair. They're catching up with me! :p

Also, there's a lady working in our local Mickey D's with bright red hip-length hair (looks bottle, not henna), and there's a girl in our local DG who has dark brown hair maybe a TINY bit above can-I-call-this-waist? length. :)

mediumhair
November 16th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Usually I see some older guys with very greasy stringy hair on their motorcycles in my area but today I went to the mall and saw a guy(in his 30's) with jet black hair. His hair was at classic length and wavy from a braid in a pony tail. It looked shiny and thick and well care formed. I was like wow, that's some nice hair. It looked awesome on him.

GeoJ
November 16th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Today at the pet store, I noticed the girl working there had her hair in a bun, held with a hairstick. I almost never see other hairstick users. :)

MissManda
November 16th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Yesterday when I was in FunAgain games, I saw a girl that was preteen/early teens with hair that was a similar color to mine. It was wavy and shiny and was just barely above waist-length.

And the woman who showed me the Aubrey Organics beauty supplies had shoulder-length, thick blonde hair that looked like it had braid waves in it!

Nyghtingale
November 16th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Today at the pet store, I noticed the girl working there had her hair in a bun, held with a hairstick. I almost never see other hairstick users. :)

I know, I hardly ever see them either.

Eniratak
November 16th, 2009, 09:22 PM
The other day at school I finally was able to meet one of my guy friend's mom. She had some of the prettiest hair I have ever seen. It was around waist length and a bright white blond. Did not look dyed at all and seemed natural. XD. It was beautiful.

RecklessCharlie
November 16th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Very cool!
Its always wonderful to see guys rockin' the long hair :D

Gumball
November 16th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Last time I saw a guy with long hair it was when I saw myself in the mirror this morning. :D

We're long-haired ninjas we are, skulking about in the shadows all hairy and such. Sometimes our hair-fu is so strong you don't even know we are there. Then when we hair ninjas are noticed it's an awesome surprise!

*ramble ramble*

It is cool to see guys out there growing out their hair and taking care of it. The former doesn't always include the latter, and I think that's one of the places the stigma can come from. I'm glad your sighting was a good one.

Stephichan
November 16th, 2009, 11:32 PM
A few weekends ago I saw a woman with hair that was somewhere between thigh and knee. The ends weren't that nice, but the actual length/ distance it traveled was amazing. My former roommate (now my neighbor) has awesome classic-ish hair. The ends aren't so nice and she does tend to treat it a bit harsh, but it's beautiful. Apparently the part of HI she's from, no one cuts their hair (well, I'm sure there are exceptions). Maybe the woman a the grocery store was from a similar background.

Horsetuna
November 16th, 2009, 11:44 PM
not sure if this would go here, but this is more a COMMENT I heard about long hair at an SCA Event:

One cavalier to another "I have to remember that at these events, long hair does NOT necessarily mean female!"

jera
November 17th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Last time I saw a guy with long hair it was when I saw myself in the mirror this morning. :D

We're long-haired ninjas we are, skulking about in the shadows all hairy and such. Sometimes our hair-fu is so strong you don't even know we are there. Then when we hair ninjas are noticed it's an awesome surprise!

*ramble ramble*

It is cool to see guys out there growing out their hair and taking care of it. The former doesn't always include the latter, and I think that's one of the places the stigma can come from. I'm glad your sighting was a good one.

Good point Gumball. So many guys with ultra long hair don't look like they ever bother to even cleanse it properly. Too bad. :rolleyes:

Bereft
November 17th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I love when guys take care of their long hair! My friend's boyfriend has waist length, stick straight, dyed black hair that looks all sad and unshiny. I desperately want to give him an SMT everytime I see him!:rolleyes:

Fortymumble
November 17th, 2009, 03:10 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg27/leanne1702/Family/PA170068-1.jpg

I see a bloke with long hair every day. :D This is my SO's length as at 17 October 2009. I love it.

morguebabe
November 17th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I love when guys take care of their long hair! My friend's boyfriend has waist length, stick straight, dyed black hair that looks all sad and unshiny. I desperately want to give him an SMT everytime I see him!:rolleyes:

Every few months I force my DBF to have one.

JamieLeigh
November 17th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Long-haired guys are effing hot. :crush: End of story.

GlassEyes
November 17th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Long-haired guys are effing hot. :crush: End of story.
Agreed. :p

Well, it certainly depends on what their face is like, body type, etc., but generally, if a guy has long hair, they're instantly upped in hotness. :D

...Hmmm, depending on how this is viewed, it could look like arrogance on my part. :lol:

spidermom
November 17th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I saw a long-haired guy today, and it was a mess. Straggly. Dry. Split to pieces. But it was at least tailbone length.

marzipanthecat
November 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Lots of men do take good care of their hair - it's a pity they all get tarred with the same "greasy" brush (so to speak!) by those who just let it get all lank and nasty. I'm pleased you had a happy sighting!

The same goes for women with long hair too, of course! Plymouth (in the UK) at the moment seems to have a fashion for unwashed hair on teenage girls - it's starting to really gross me out. It's the bad smell that comes from it that really upsets me. Eeeeew.

(And it's not like I'm some obsessive washing freak, you know! There's just no reason for anyone to reek like some do.)

JamieLeigh
November 18th, 2009, 09:47 AM
I saw a girl in Walmart, looked a couple of years younger than me, with a high ponytail. The ends reached the backs of her knees. The bottom 2/3 was black, but the top 1/3 was a light brown color. It looked like she was in the process of growing out her dye, and I thought it looked cool. :)

longhairdream
November 18th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Early morning today, seated in front of me in the bus was a blonde with silky straight hair between her shoulders and waist. Her hair was styled in a blunt cut, and the parting line was a bit off the middle. Her hair beautifully flowed on the sides, falling from her head along the side of her face, and re-merged with the rest at the back - amazzzing !
To make it even more beautiful, the sun was shining brightly today and it gave her hair an awesome golden colour - it was truly fantastic ! :)

Fractalsofhair
November 18th, 2009, 10:47 AM
I agree about the greasy long hair not being the most common, but it's probably partially true based on how many guys take care of their hair when it's short. If a guy is trying to have long hair because he wants long hair, he'll probably take care of it. If he's just been too lazy for the last 2 years to get a haircut and prefers short hair, there's less of a chance of him taking care of it!

gnegirl
November 18th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Guy at the post office with slight receding hairline and long wavey locks. Looked like he took pretty good care of it.

BranwenWolf
November 18th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Lady at the grocer who had nice, THICK, straight blonde hair going silver... at tailbone length. Kudos for not cutting or dyeing!

emmebean
November 18th, 2009, 12:26 PM
I worked this last weekend and all of the long haired people I saw were guys. Must have been 15 of them. WOW

kimannabella
November 18th, 2009, 01:00 PM
I saw a girl with gorgeous, shiny pale blonde hair about hip length walking through town last saturday. It was super straight & I am sure if she had it up in a pony it would have been around 6 inches in diameter.

I got really excited when she checked out my hair walking past, I mean a lot of people do because of the colour but fellow long hair appreciation is particularly nice.

Laurel32
November 18th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Today in my school hallway, I saw a girl with (natural) red hair and it was SO thick and straight. I couldn't stop looking at it so I followed her. (Stalker, eh?) :D

MissManda
November 18th, 2009, 08:03 PM
While crossing the street to our favorite coffee shop today, my BF and I saw a little girl with thick, black pigtails that were about waist length on her. She was crossing the street with her mom and couldn't have been older than 3 or 4. So cute.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 18th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Not sureif this qaulifies but...

Saw a rerun of "McCloud" on Sunday with Jane Seymour

Her hair was Classic Length and sooooo LOVELY!

82exoticbeauty
November 25th, 2009, 05:40 PM
At school during few days ago, I have seen a few girls that are medical assistants have long hair almost classic and other is pass classic, some are massage therapist! For me, I do not want to leave my hair down to show off! I rather leave it only down when I am going to see my boyfriend and shopping with parent's! I want to leave it down after Christmas Day!

Keildra
November 25th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I was at Taco Bell the other day and I saw this little girl with TBL is it bad that I was kind of jealous of her gorgeous locks.

JenniferNoel
November 25th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I saw a beautiful young lady just yesterday at a store who had perfectly maintained tailbone length hair, which was incredibly shiny and flowy... it was a truly inspirational moment for my hair growing endeavor. *sniffle* ;)

Keildra
November 25th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I was at the movies tonight and I saw a lady with hip length hair, oh the inspiration

eyesofsummer
November 27th, 2009, 10:55 PM
I was at the zoo on Wednesday and saw a longhair family: Mom had sandy blond pigtail braids almost at classic; Dad's was dark brown and not terribly long, but long enough to pull back into a low ponytail; Son's was about BSL, light blond with natural white-blond highlights. They were walking at a similar pace as my friends and I were throughout the zoo, so I got to admire their hair a lot!

Robbi Dehlinger
November 28th, 2009, 12:19 AM
I was at the zoo on Wednesday and saw a longhair family: Mom had sandy blond pigtail braids almost at classic; Dad's was dark brown and not terribly long, but long enough to pull back into a low ponytail; Son's was about BSL, light blond with natural white-blond highlights. They were walking at a similar pace as my friends and I were throughout the zoo, so I got to admire their hair a lot!

A boy with BSL hair?? How nice1

I hope he is not pressured to cut it by ignorant school chums??

GeoJ
November 29th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Today I went to church and saw a woman with long white hair, it was quite pretty. :) It was maybe around BSL (I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the actual length), really thick, and blunt cut straight across the bottom. She also had bangs. Her hair was very shiny and I was appreciating that she had it long and un-dyed. I wanted to compliment her, but DD was running off to the parking lot so I only smiled as I passed by.

talecon
November 29th, 2009, 04:31 PM
when I go out on my porch to smoke theres this woman that usually happens to be smoking outside too. she works in the building across the alley of my house. she has about waist to tailbone length wavy hair. she always leaves it down and it looks so pretty when the wind blows. I believe its dirty blonde too. so pretty

Anje
November 29th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Saw a woman with a long, tailbone-ish braid and silver streaks at the WI Woodman's on highway 50, last night. Her hair looked rather like Xandergrammy's! Didn't get to say anything, though we made eye contact and I gave her a quick smile... Hoping whoever it is might appear. :)

Mine was also in a braid and probably rather messy... DH and I were making a last-minute cheese and beer stop before going back to Hoosierland, where you're unlikely to find such things, especially at normal (read: Wisconsin) prices.

Nae
November 29th, 2009, 08:40 PM
There is a girl at work that I don't know but has some seriously thud-worthy hair. She works as a cashier so it makes it hard to strike up a conversation. She has almost knee length hair that is a gorgeous auburn color, it is permed so I can only imagine how long it is without all the curl. She always wears it down which also suprises me. I would imagine it would sometimes get in the way while dragging things across the scanner. :disbelief But what do I know? Either way, it is definately some fantastic hair!!

Shastrix
November 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Well I was walking past a mirrored shop front and saw this guy...

I keed, I keed! :p

During the interval of Bill Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra at the Warwick Arts Centre I saw a steward standing by the doors on the circle with a classic length braid over his/her shoulder. I say his/her because they were so brightly backlit I could only make out the monster blond(e) braid flicking around in silhouette.

WaimeaWahine
December 1st, 2009, 03:35 AM
I met someone with TBL and didn't even know it. She always has it in a messy bun. Finally after eyeing the bun carefully and asking her she told me how long her hair is. She's not into trimming or henna or any updos but I asked her to come here. :) She's really cool.

Wicked Princess
December 1st, 2009, 05:16 AM
I have found it! I have found the one place to find extra long hair, guaranteed!

It's an asian food store in Bellevue.

The first time I went there, I saw a woman with darker blond/light brown hair in an english braid that fell to just past her knees! My fiance actually pointed her out. I was too afraid to go over there and compliment her, though.

The second time I went, I saw a mother and daughter who both had hair down to mid-thigh! The mother appeared to have chemically dyed, dark red hair but it still looked to be in good condition! Her daughter was fairly young, maybe eight or nine, and her hair was straight and black.

A few days later, I went back again but this time I saw a man with dyed blond hair that had his hair in many tiny braids that were tied into a high ponytail. Despite this, they still reached his tailbone! He must have been around classic length, with it all undone.

Yesterday, when I went there, I saw two women (who appeared to be sisters) who both had thick, black, and straight hair in blunt cuts at mid-thigh. There appeared to be no difference in thickness the entire way down, making me believe that they've been maintaining their hair there for some time.

My hair is a couple inches from classic now. Hopefully, in a year, I'll be the longest haired one when I visit this store!

Copasetic
December 1st, 2009, 06:18 AM
I saw a girl at school yesterday with hip length blond hair. Her hair was quite obviously highlighted over the entire length, but it was still very healthy looking. :)

Savvyhorsez
December 14th, 2009, 05:29 AM
I just have to say that I was at a Christmas Party last night, and saw a lady with lovely dark golden hair at the classic length. Very pretty.

Loreley
December 14th, 2009, 06:02 AM
I've seen only one woman so far who had longer hair than I have. She had thigh length hair. And a few girls with hip or almost classic length hair. Really long hair is very rare in my country. :(

Tressie
December 14th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Last night at church there was a precious little girl who looked about seven years old, but very petite.

She has beautiful tb length brunette hair, slightly curled on the ends, and a red flower barette on one side. Just lovely! :)

I wish I had a pic to share! :D

ETA: I forgot there was also a woman with her hair in a bun. It was an awesome silvery blonde streaked color, and looked very thick. Her hair was loosely coiled and so soft and attractive looking in her updo!

nowxisxforever
December 22nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
I saw a lady in the Winco today with gorgeous knee-length hair! I had to run up and tap her shoulder and tell her it was beautiful. I think she thought I was crazy, though. Ah, well. (Hello, if you're here...!)

MissManda
December 22nd, 2009, 07:35 PM
I saw a woman with a thick mane of blonde hair that was somewhere around waist-length when I was in Market of Choice a couple weeks ago. I've seen her once before, and if I see her again, I am going to tell her that I like her hair.

ap1524
December 23rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
There is a young girl who works at the GNC store in the mall near my office. Her hair is probably about 6-10" longer than mine - almost to her knees and really impressive looking when she has it down (which isn't often). I always go to her to get my vitamins and we always share this knowing "wink" with each other whenever I come in. ;)

bugeyedmonster2
December 25th, 2009, 01:07 AM
This past Tuesday I saw two guys with gorgeous long hair in Mesquite at the corner of Gus Thomasson and some little street I don't know the name of, near Big Lots. I would love to see more guys with long hair. Would have liked to tell them something about how they looked as manly as Barbarians or Vikings, but I was in a truck and they were walking.

justme
December 26th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I saw a woman at the Eugene Holiday Market with two thigh length silver braids. Gorgeous!

LittleOrca
December 26th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I was at the mall a few days ago and I THOUGHT I saw two sisters with knee length hair... but since I have been a little loopy with meds lately, I could have dreamed it. lol

Longlocks3
December 26th, 2009, 03:05 PM
We went to a holiday event(very very busy!) and there was a 30sish(?) Asian woman with classic length hair! It was beautiful.

jera
December 26th, 2009, 03:19 PM
While grocery shopping I saw a woman with ultra thick classic length grey hair. Awesome. :D
I couldn't help but wonder if perhaps she was an LHC member. Her hair looked so naturally well cared for and healthy.

DakarNick
December 26th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Used to have a crush on a girl when I was in high school that had classic/mid thigh naturally colored, straight hair. It was gorgeous! She was a senior, I was a freshman, and I never got up the nerve to say anything to her.

It's a good thing though, as I am happily engaged to a woman growing out her hair!

Also, at the museum where I work, a lady was there for an event. She was maybe 5'10", early 50s, jet black, thick hair in a ponytail to her knees! So pretty!

Oh yeah, there was a Hispanic girl at the KFC I used to go to, she always worked the drive-through window.

She always wore her black, stick straight, thick hair, in a huge bun and always liked when I could see it. One day I got up the nerve to ask her how long it was down. She said "about to my knees". :) I'm glad I asked!

Liave Ekeli
December 26th, 2009, 07:40 PM
When I had my last exam before Christmas I saw this guy who had awesome blond, straight hair, probably about classic length. It's rare to spot that kind of length around where I live, and especially on a guy, so I was a bit impressed.

GlamFanatic
December 26th, 2009, 08:10 PM
The only folks I see around with really long hair are usually Amish folks, and of course it's always braided. I always feel a bit 'jezebel-ish' around them since mine is always loose and big.:o

bigmama8
December 26th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Recently at our local hospital, I saw a woman with a braid that was calf length. It was awesome. I didn't get a chance to compliment her though.

Kirzja
December 27th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Yesterday I was having diner at a restaurant and I couldn't help but staring at a girl's hair.
She was about my age, and had the same colour and type of hair as me... but waist length!
It was so beautiful!
It was like seeing my own hair in the year 2012 or 2013. Weird LOL.

DakarNick
December 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Yesterday I was having diner at a restaurant and I couldn't help but staring at a girl's hair.
She was about my age, and had the same colour and type of hair as me... but waist length!
It was so beautiful!
It was like seeing my own hair in the year 2012 or 2013. Weird LOL.

I was going to say something about 2012 but you're probably correct. What is waist length on you, 30-31"? I guess at 1/2" per month, that's 10-11", or 20-22 months. So, end of 2011, beginning of 2012. Why doesn't hair grow faster? :confused: :D

I'm REALLY embarassed to admit this, but I'm watching Jersey Shore on MTV. I was watching MTV's True Life this morning before I left the house and when I turned on the TV, this was on.

Anyway, there are a few long haired girls on the show. One with TBL black hair and one with mid-back/waist length hair.

I don't know their names or anything about the show, except that it's MTV and MTV has some weird stuff.

maxzeen
December 31st, 2009, 11:19 AM
Before the semester at school ended, there were always these two girls that would walk past my classroom every Monday and Wednesday. One girl had straight thick brown hair to her hips. The other girl had wavy brown hair that was past classic. Even though the second girl had highlights in her hair, both girls hair looked very well taken care of.

kam984420
January 1st, 2010, 08:48 AM
Last night i went out to eat and saw two women with really healthy long hair. The one had waist length golden blonde hair that was extremely healthy. The other had classic length dark hair that was well taken care of. I wanted to complement them on their hair but didn't.

Kirzja
January 1st, 2010, 02:26 PM
I was going to say something about 2012 but you're probably correct. What is waist length on you, 30-31"? I guess at 1/2" per month, that's 10-11", or 20-22 months. So, end of 2011, beginning of 2012. Why doesn't hair grow faster? :confused: :D
Waist length is about 32 inches on me.
And my hair grows sloooowly! (less than 1/2 inch per month) :(

deko
January 1st, 2010, 05:10 PM
Yesterday I saw a woman with a waist long virgin color thick braid. I would have complimented her for the amazing hair but I was going to the other direction on the stairs. It was a really really pretty hair and I would like to have my hair just like hers (only henna-red).

RavennaNight
January 2nd, 2010, 02:00 PM
Tailbone length braid sighting at the CVS in Coral Island Plaza! Blonde, looked naturally so. The hair must be classic length unbraided!

3azza
January 2nd, 2010, 02:15 PM
Last week I saw this woman TB-classic length thick straight dark shiny black hair. I've been feeling down about my hair lately because it grows slowlyyyyy, but when i saw that beautiful hair i had hope again :)

GoddesJourney
January 6th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I just saw this absolutely beautiful woman at the gas station. I noticed her because she had a full head of coarse, voluminous grey hair at hip length, down and free flowing. It was interesting because she was meticulously wiping down her car, probably in the same way that she takes care of her person, considering she was in good shape with stylish eye glasses and clearly well cared for hair. I commented on her lovely hair and she thanked me. I hope I made her day because she sure made mine. It gives me something to look forward to at that age, because I hope to be as beautiful as she is. Just thought I'd share.

Coriander
January 6th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I love long-hair sightings, and especially hair that is longer than mine.

I'm sure you made her day! :)

JamieLeigh
January 6th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Wow, you two are so lucky....you for getting to see it, and she for getting to wear it. I'm glad she gracefully took the compliment, too. Lots of non-LHC women are skittish of hair comments. :flower:

GoddesJourney
January 6th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Wow, you two are so lucky....you for getting to see it, and she for getting to wear it. I'm glad she gracefully took the compliment, too. Lots of non-LHC women are skittish of hair comments. :flower:

Who knows? Maybe she's a member.

MsBubbles
January 6th, 2010, 08:14 PM
I saw someone by that description walking in to my local Walmart about 3 months ago, but I became paralyzed with fear and couldn't say anything to her :o.

Sissy
January 6th, 2010, 08:26 PM
sounds lovely! I know I would love to receive the compliment. I hope it made her day too!

camirra555
January 6th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Sounds pretty! I try to compliment people I see with beautiful long hair but usually shyness gets the best of me

MissManda
January 7th, 2010, 03:24 PM
When I was in the Dollar tree one day (maybe about a month ago), I saw a woman with a lovely THIGH LENGTH braid! She was standing in line ahead of my boyfriend and me. Not only was her braid thigh length, but she was also quite tall, maybe about 5'9-10". Wow!

And then I saw another woman with a waist length braid when my boyfriend and I were renting movies last week. It was thick and blonde; very pretty.

Mishka_84
January 14th, 2010, 12:11 AM
A couple days ago I saw a woman with very beautiful ANKLE length hair. I was grocery shopping, and saw her in the dairy section. It was loose, and looked like it was in perfect condition, no dye, no frizzies; just nearly straight, black hair going all the way to her ankles. I wanted to say something (lol, I even almost felt like a giddy teenager, wanted to ask for a picture!) but I was too nervous. However, I was really pleased when she ended up in front of me at the checkout, so I could look again! :D

Sheltie_Momma
January 14th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I saw thick tailbone honey blond hair in perfect condition at 100% Taquito last week. When she turned around it turns out I know her! Hah, we did the whole recap the last two years of your life in 30 seconds thing and then went on about our lunches. I was sort of sad because it was wash day for me, so mine was all bunned up, I so wanted to show her I had long hair now too (I had a pixie back when we hung out the most) but didn't take it down for fear of being stuck with frizz for 4 days until the next wash day (I must leave mine completely alone until dry or else it poofs up and takes over the world.)

DarthCynthia
January 14th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I saw a woman with mid-thigh length hair in Sprouts Tuesday or Wednesday. My husband wondered why I didn't say anything to her (I have the same length hair now, since cutting back from calf-length), but my hair was in a bun, it was VERY crowded, and she had a baby with her. It was a nice surprise, though.

Pear Martini
January 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I never see any long hairs at my college, most girls have SL-APL hair. Today I spotted a brunette with straight classic length hair! I wanted to compliment her but she looked like she was walking to class and was talking to some guy

A couple days ago I saw a woman with very beautiful ANKLE length hair. I was grocery shopping, and saw her in the dairy section. It was loose, and looked like it was in perfect condition, no dye, no frizzies; just nearly straight, black hair going all the way to her ankles. I wanted to say something (lol, I even almost felt like a giddy teenager, wanted to ask for a picture!) but I was too nervous. However, I was really pleased when she ended up in front of me at the checkout, so I could look again! :D

Wow! That must have been stunning. I have never seen anyone in person with ankle length hair. I wonder if strangers give her **** for it. Either way, I would love to see someone with hair that long wearing it down at the superrmarket

On the train back from Glasgow, the guy pushing the snack trolley had amazing wavy-ish (maybe 2A) tawny greying hair, down to his tailbone, in a low pony. I told him his hair was amazing, he blushed! :D

Aww thats so sweet:puppy:

bumblebums
January 14th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I saw a woman with a knee-length braid at a professional conference. I was almost struck dumb, since most of my colleagues have very uninteresting-looking hair.

While we are on this, do you guys know of the Luxuriant Flowing Hair Club for Scientists (http://www.improbable.com/projects/hair/hair-club-top.html)?

Longlocks3
January 14th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Early this week at the bookstore I'm temping at I saw a woman with lovely classic plus length hair. She had a a coat on so I couldn't tell but it was at least classic. And it was lovely reddish blondish, more red. She was in her 40s, I believe.

I wanted so bad to be her cashier but she ended up going to someone else. I want to compliment her!

Stormy1
January 14th, 2010, 06:19 PM
A young girl rang up my purchase at Kmart yesterday.
I was crabby from work and hardly looked at her during the transaction until she turned to the register; her hair kind of floated ...

I complimented her and she really beamed.
I left the store in a much better mood.

AlleyKitten
January 18th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Sitting behind me on my flight yesterday was a woman with calf-length hair, completely down and loose. Oh man! And a few rows ahead of me was a woman with gorgeous elbow-length white and silver hair. It was apretty good day for hair sightings!

DakarNick
January 18th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I was riding my motorcycle down Main Street in Breckenridge Saturday. I kept scanning the road for people crossing and for open parking spots. I briefly looked left and saw a woman with a brown, tailbone-length braid walk in to a store. It had thinner ends, but the rest of it was beautiful!

Pumpkin
January 20th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Today, I had to do errands, and the woman who waited on me at one stop had tail-bone length, silver hair. So, I struck up a conversation with her. Complimented her hair. She was tickled. She then told me that she was 52. I told her, keep it long! She smiled and thanked me.

She was in a professional, office environment too! No 'bobbed hair' for her!! :cheer:

PorcelainHorror
January 20th, 2010, 03:07 PM
At work I saw a teenage guy with hair down to his knees.
He looked native American and his hair was so thick and pretty..
I wanted to touch it.

freckles
January 20th, 2010, 03:12 PM
On campus the other day I walked past a girl with dark brown hair somewhere between tailbone and classic. She had the front pinned back in a 'poof' thing, but the rest loose. That's one of my favourite ways to wear my hair 'down', so it was nice to see that it looks good on much longer lengths too :)
I loved her hair!

sneakybea
January 28th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Long hair sighting in belly dance class tonight! Not only that, but the girl with the lovely hair put on a calorimetry after class to go outside. Since she was wearing a ponytail, it's hard to guess at the length---somewhere between mid-back and waist, I think. But her ponytail was about as thick as my wrist, and her hair was auburn and quite curly/wavy. Such pretty hair!
I also have a classmate with salt and pepper hair to the middle of her back. Seems like a lot of longhairs take belly dancing!

akilina
January 29th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Lately I find myself thinking of all the things some people could do to their hair to improve it :D. Like oiling and things alike that we all do. I see people with very long hair from time to time but you can tell they take horrible care for it.

Sammich
January 29th, 2010, 01:01 AM
I saw this lovely woman with her hair out and near the petrol station as I was walking to my bus stop... :) Her hair was blondish brown bouncy bra strapish? curls, and looked very healthy. I looked at her and she smiled at me goofily, I smiled at her! :D Made my day.
She sort of reminded me of someone from LHC, but of course I think in my mind I put anyone who has long hair into the LHC! :p

Svenja
January 30th, 2010, 08:24 AM
I saw this elderly lady at the bus station on Thursday. She must have been approaching her 80s. She was wearing this wonderful plaited crown - in a dark silvery shade. Her hair was so shiny and judging from the hairstyle her hair must have been about waist-length if not more. It was so inspiring to see this "old" woman with long hair and not the standard "ladies-styles".

Felix_D
January 30th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I see people with very long hair from time to time but you can tell they take horrible care for it.
Oh, I am so jealous of those people. When I took horrible care of mine, it refused to grow past just-touching my shoulders.

Cholera
January 30th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Tonight I saw a tall lady with waist-length hair that looked air-dried. Oooo, it was pretty. I could help sighing and saying "Ooo, waist length.." to my mom, who of course was like, "What? Ohhh... Hair? Isn't that waaayy too short to be waist length?" (She was thinking of the pants-waist)

elina333
January 31st, 2010, 07:22 AM
Im always stunned when I meet my aunt. She has had TB lentgh all her life and Im sooo jealous! My mom has a similar effect on me, with her 8inch ponytail circumference! The thickest hair I've ever seen... And its waist too... Pleeeeaaase God, let those genes show on me soon! :pray:

Kelli Kat
January 31st, 2010, 11:42 AM
The other day at the store the lady in front of me at the greatest hair. She had a thick single braid down to her shoulders and had it fastened. The she split it into two braids down to about her wait and had it fastened, and then she split it into to twists down to her behind. It was gorgeous.

Cactus Jack
January 31st, 2010, 11:45 AM
Nice Thread...Now I can keep track of my sightings. Yesterday at lunch, our server had dark brunette, shinny hair in a dynamite bee-bottom bun on the top of her neck. I complemented her on her bun and she was very appreciative. She told me that her hair length was down to her buttocks.

Gemma
January 31st, 2010, 12:50 PM
When I was in Brighton (I think it was the 28th), I saw a young woman with a thick, dark braid that fell to her upper thigh. Seriously beautiful hair!

Kaijah
January 31st, 2010, 02:17 PM
I saw a lady a few days ago at Target, with gorgeous 1b/c-ish tailbone length hair. :D So pretty.

bugeyedmonster2
February 2nd, 2010, 07:58 PM
Today at Eastfield College in Mesquite, I saw a woman with a long (classic) braid. She had natural red hair. And her braid looked so thick compared to mine. I told her she had lovely hair.

(^_^)/
BEM

christine1989
February 2nd, 2010, 08:18 PM
In my Comp/Lit class I sit right behind a girl with the most beautiful thick, blonde, naturally curly hair that is down to her waist. I make a point to sit behind her everyday- it is a daily inspiration to keep growing my hair :)

ArienEllariel
February 2nd, 2010, 09:00 PM
There's a girl in my Stats class with waist length hair. Sadly, she must blowfry and straighten daily because it's so puffy and fried looking. She's a constant reminder for me not to start any of that if I get frustrated with my unruly hair.

Liss
February 3rd, 2010, 05:45 AM
A woman working in my bank has long straight brown hair between BSL and waist. I think she single handedly takes responsibility for all the negative comments long haired people receive. I don't think she ever washes it because it's always horribly greasy, limp, dull and ratty. It was a long hair sighting, just not a pleasant one.

RoseRedDead
February 3rd, 2010, 10:05 AM
There is a woman who has started coming to our YMCA in the mornings. She has kind of honey blonde hair (with some red in it) down to her tailbone, probably, which she mostly wears in a single English braid down her back secured with a scrunchie. Very nice, thick braid. I have serious braid envy. Her hairtype is probably 1c/2a/M/iii.

JamieLeigh
February 3rd, 2010, 10:50 AM
Super happy to report that there is a mom at my kids' school who has nearly what-we-call-waist length hair! :D I was getting annoyed at being only one of two longhair moms there. The other seems to waver between waist and TB length. :cheese: So YAY!

chargersfan
February 3rd, 2010, 11:35 PM
The other day I saw a family at PetSmart. The mom had classic length beautiful brown straight hair, and she had 5 children. The older 3 girls had very long hair (from about waist to tailbone), the other girl was a toddler and the other child was a boy. They all had their hair loose and it was in very good condition from what I could see. Very inspiring family!

Robbi Dehlinger
February 4th, 2010, 12:10 AM
Did the boy have long hair too?? Very cool!

Qadupae
February 4th, 2010, 01:28 AM
This is a little delayed, but while I was grocery shopping about a week ago, I saw a woman about 4o years old with the most wonderful TBL natural blonde hair. It took me a few minutes, but I finally got the courage to walk up to her and tell her that I thought her hair was gorgeous. She was flabberghasted because she felt it was so messy since it wasn't in any type of updo or brushed out, but I thought it looked absolutely wonderful. I hope that made her day because it sure made mine ^_^

Nae
February 4th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Saw a lady at Wal-mart last week, I was amazed at her hair. She was probably in her late forties and was rocking a cute pair of jeans and her hair.........omg it was at least mid-thigh. She was wearing it completely loose, beautiful dark blonde, very straight with blunt ends. I was just so inspired I about passed out right there in the grocery isle. (Not that my hair would ever be straight, but maybe, maybe that long when I am her age, if genetics and the gods smile upon me.) I was in a huge rush and she was with a group of people, I wish I had had time to compliment her.

WaitingSoLong
February 4th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Nae: There is a lady that works at the Wal-Mart in Franklin, Indiana who has hip? length curly blonde hair. It does not look naturally curly, but I cannot tell if it is natural blonde or not. Anyway, I always want to ask her how long her hair is wet (straightened out).

Most my long-hair sightings are at Wal-Mart, too.

Sammich
February 4th, 2010, 11:14 AM
I was going for an interview for college... and I was on my way through the corridors, there were some students standing around... (Probably volunteers to help.) Andd.... there was this one indian looking girl with super long thick, mid thigh length hair... completely out and some bits were over her shoulder. It was dazzling! I've never seen such long hair OUT before... :cool:

I had to stare and as we passed her, then whisper to my brother: "Did you see that hair?" :cheese:
And he tried to embarrass me: "WHAT HAIR?" pretty loudly. LOL. Aghhh... brothers. :o :p

Liave Ekeli
February 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I was waiting for the subway after my classes today, and on the platform I saw this woman with about classic lengh, golden blond hair. I tried very hard not to seem like I was gawking at her hair, but I don't think I succeeded very well...

ArienEllariel
February 4th, 2010, 03:15 PM
I had my first thigh length hair sighting today while at the grocery store. This young women in her early twenties or late teens was just walking out of the store as I walked in. Her hair was honey blonde, 3a I'd say, and she had the most wonderful fairytale ends.. <3 I was quite envious I must admit. I didn't get a chance to compliment her as I was in a rush. I wonder if she's a LHC member?

trolleypup
February 5th, 2010, 08:46 PM
?near? Classic length barrette clipped ponytail, almost completely white, except for a blondish streak from the crown...very pretty...fairytale.

She was busy talking, so I didn't interrupt.

walterSCAN
February 5th, 2010, 09:49 PM
I was going for an interview for college... and I was on my way through the corridors, there were some students standing around... (Probably volunteers to help.) Andd.... there was this one indian looking girl with super long thick, mid thigh length hair... completely out and some bits were over her shoulder. It was dazzling! I've never seen such long hair OUT before... :cool:

I had to stare and as we passed her, then whisper to my brother: "Did you see that hair?" :cheese:
And he tried to embarrass me: "WHAT HAIR?" pretty loudly. LOL. Aghhh... brothers. :o :p

Ha! Brothers... if it had been my brother, I would have just said, "THAT gorgeous hair right there!" and then complimented her... :wink: Then he'd be the one feeling embarrassed. Or, at any rate, that's how it works with my brother...

maxzeen
February 11th, 2010, 10:19 AM
I had a long hair sighting yesterday at where I work. It was a woman with classic length hair that was straight with some body wave in it. It was a wonderful red color. I was going to tell her what lovely hair she had, but she seemed too busy shopping for clothes with her kids.

NiAosSi
February 11th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Kaede is in elementary school which is adjacent to a middle school. There is this one girl in the middle school who I see everyday and she has mid thigh length hair. It's so beautiful and black. :)

chaoticwaves
February 11th, 2010, 11:22 AM
There is a teenaged Spanish girl that I saw last summer who lives at my apartment complex. She has the most beautiful Jet Black one length ringlets that fall to classic length. I've only seen her in the swimpool and she looks exactly like a mermaid when she lets her hair flow free. LOVES IT! :thud:

walterSCAN
February 11th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I saw a woman with the most gorgeous light brown, hip-length, 2b/2c waves when I was out smoking between classes a couple hours ago! I wanted to tell her how pretty her hair was, but I froze and then someone she knew started talking to her...

K_Angel
February 12th, 2010, 12:34 AM
My Dad went to the doctor's office the other day and saw a girl with hair down to her knees. He said he was sooooooooo tempted to go up to her and ask her if she knew about the LHC... but didn't want her to think he was weird. :rollin:

He always tells me how nice my hair looks and how much it's improved since I started on the LHC. Sometimes I'll talk about something I've learned here and he'll say, "I'm just so glad you have them all! He's so sweet! :)

Quixii
February 13th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I'm at Pantheacon this weekend, and there are SO many people with long hair! It makes me surprised that I'm still ending up with a few compliments. :)

GoddesJourney
February 13th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Saw a guy today that's going to cut his midback hair to join the Air Force. His hair length wasn't what struck me, it was the thickness. He's a relatively small, half Philipino guy with a relatively skinny face and small head. He doesn't look like he puts a whole lot of time and effort into his hair because there were splits and damage. Even then, I looked at his ponytail and it must've been a good 5 inches, plus. He had a large hair tie wrapped only twice and it was pretty snug. Huge hair envy.

BlueMuse
February 13th, 2010, 06:07 PM
The hair sighting that made the biggest impression on me was when I was shopping and noticed the lady in front of me in line had a huge infinity bun and it was entirely stellar white. She looked so pretty and timeless even though it was fairly obvious she was well over 60.

tralalalara
February 13th, 2010, 06:18 PM
There's a pretty boy that I see around campus who has beautiful light brown hair APL and olivey skin! We call him Fabio.

ali beast
February 13th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Today at the farmer's market in downtown Berkeley, I saw a woman with loose (!) classic length, 1c/2a hair, gentle V cut, slight fairy tale ends. The color looked entirely natural, too. It was sooo amazing! I pointed it out to my friend (who is slowly becoming aware of how hair obsessed I am.) I felt like I was seeing a celebrity! (or a unicorn, lol)

BeccaBoo(:
February 13th, 2010, 08:58 PM
When my niece was 3-4, she had this absolutely gorgeous knee-length hair. It was so shiny and thick and healthy! And she still had those adorable baby-curls at the bottom:)

She's 6 now, but her hair had to be chopped a few months ago because she tried to cut it herself and let's just say, she didn't do the best job at it haha. It's now at like shoulder length.

She's half indian. Maybe that has to do with something? Like their hair grows faster and thicker? I don't know, but she's one lucky girl! haha.

Benjamin_T
February 15th, 2010, 10:59 AM
About two years ago, I was waiting in front of the grocery store. I turned my back and then suddenly thought that I was dreaming.. There was this tall guy standing at the entrance.. He had a perfect & shiny head-full of straight, silky, thick black hair that "flowed" all the way down to classic length - neatly tied back into a low ponytail that looked really perfect & well proportioned. It was a simply unbelievable sight!

Next, I was on the bus, and once again, it was truly unbelievable.. immediately right in front from where I'm sitting was a guy standing. You won't believe it, he had thick straight hair flowing all the way down to his knees; full and even, which was restrained very loosely into a ponytail. It was simply breathtaking!

These two are my most significant long hair sighting experience so far..

cellardoor
February 15th, 2010, 12:10 PM
When I was younger I was friends with a girl who had some of the longest, thickest hair I've ever seen. She always wore it in a braid. Eventually she ended up cutting it to donate, I think at that point it went to her knees! Her hair was so thick she couldn't even brush it out herself.

ArienEllariel
February 15th, 2010, 12:16 PM
My Dad went to the doctor's office the other day and saw a girl with hair down to her knees. He said he was sooooooooo tempted to go up to her and ask her if she knew about the LHC... but didn't want her to think he was weird. :rollin:

He always tells me how nice my hair looks and how much it's improved since I started on the LHC. Sometimes I'll talk about something I've learned here and he'll say, "I'm just so glad you have them all! He's so sweet! :)

My dad's started doing this too. It makes me happy. ^^

Benjamin_T
February 19th, 2010, 05:07 AM
More long hair sighting experiences which I'm recalling, that are just as spectacular;

Quite some time ago, I was waiting at the bus-stop (as usual), when a young Indian lady came. She had thick, coarse, & very healthy long Indian hair put into a very neat low braid that looked really thick, lush, perfect & classic! :eek:

Then believe it or not, I saw her again the next day at the same (usual) bus-stop at the same timing! This time, her thick & healthy waist-length long hair was put into a low ponytail instead, and Mann(!), This time round, I could clearly see how seriously thick, heavy, healthy, & even all that long hair are!! With the perfect (1C/2A type) volume texture too! (I was wowed and blown away!)

Next:

About a year ago, I was walking into the bus hub (as usual), took a seat, and just turned to my right & was immediately stunned by something that caught my eyes. A young guy was sitting a few seats away from me. He had seriously nice, long, (incredibly healthy), & even waist-length (1B/1C Type) hair secured into a neat low ponytail with a satin tie. I saw him taking off the tie; which truly revealed his silky long mane of hair in all of its glory. It looked incredibly well taken care of. He effortlessly secured all that long flowing waist-length hair into a tail once again, and pulled the tie lower to loosen the strain. (I was feeling incredibly envious at that time!)

ArienEllariel
February 19th, 2010, 11:49 AM
A girl in one of my classes decided to wear her hair down instead of up like she usually does a couple days ago. I had to stare a bit because she has really nice jet-black wavy tailbone hair. The only thing is she'd put a gallon of product in it and it looked kinda wet and crunchy.

It's weird, most of the girls on campus have short hair but I ended up in the one class with a lot of long haired people (well those who have at least BSL hair). I've noticed the current trend is to either straighten it or blowfry it into oblivion. Most of the girls in class who obviously dye their hair and straighten daily have hair the consistancy of cotton candy. It makes me sad but at the same time happy that I won't ever have hair like that.

Kya
February 19th, 2010, 12:06 PM
The longest hair I ever saw was my roommate. She had the most beautiful baby fine blond hair that was longer than she was tall. She had NEVER cut it. It was so soft and conditioned. Rarely did she let it down (because of the comments).

GeoJ
February 22nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
I had three long hair sightings today!

The first was when I was driving in the university in the morning. I saw a lady in the parking lot with mid-thigh length, thick, wavy brown hair- loose. It looked so healthy and shiny; I was feeling a bit of hair envy.

The second was at the pharmacy store around lunch time. There was a young woman with straight hair that was somewhere in the waist to hip range. The color was in the "hair colored hair" range.

The third was at the dentist in the early afternoon. She had what I think was hip length dark blonde hair, mostly straight.

I'll add a couple of older long sightings...

A couple of weeks ago in London I was in a Bravissimo store, and the girl at the checkout counter had long hair. I didn't get a full view of it, but it appeared to be longer than waist length.

I had plenty of long hair sightings in India, including one family member (distant cousin of DH) who is trying to grow her hair very long (but she doesn't have a set goal). I saw one woman with tailbone length hair standing outside combing in an unusual way. She had a single stick, and kept running that through her hair to detangle. I also saw an extremely thick long braid, I think it looked like she must have had a 5 or 6 inch circumference!

:)

guccixx
February 22nd, 2010, 07:39 PM
There was a girl last year who lived in my building that had hair SO long she had to wear heels if she wore it down. I remember the first time I saw her, I literally stopped mid sentence and gawked. It was really different and unique and so gorgeous. Just imagine: thick, luxurious, wavy, jet black Indian hair. :D It made my day!

jamesw
February 23rd, 2010, 12:21 AM
There's a girl who sometimes walks past me on my way to work who has really nice, thick (although thinning slightly at the ends) to mid-thigh.

She always seems to wear it down - beautiful!!

lilravendark
February 23rd, 2010, 12:24 AM
Last time I was at a metal gig three guys where at the front near the stage two had gorgeous wavy blonde hair about tail bone length and waist length the other had long straight brown hair down to about waist as well, was kicking myself for cutting my hair!

cmnt831
February 27th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I had three long-hair sightings all in one place. Dh and I were in line at a store and first noticed an older man with a white and silver ponytail around mid-back (longer than my bsl hair for sure). Then the lady who checked us out had salt and pepper hip length hair that she was wearing loose. And while we were waiting for our items to scan a girl in her teens walked by with a braid (set up on her head, not at the nape) that reached below her knees. We thought if she had her hair down, it must be calf length! So we were lucky today, I guess. :)

bridgetsgirl
February 27th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I see long hair all the time out here in Vegas, waaaaaay more than I ever saw when I was living in North Dakota...you'd think it would have been the other way around...

Copasetic
February 27th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Today when I was on the bus I saw a girl with a classic length braid. It was amazing! Makes me want to re-think my hair goals.

IndigoAsh
February 27th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Before I joined, the lady was actually my inspiration, I was shopping at Target and there was a short hispanic lady at the $1 items place with loose hair to mid hip almost to her knees. It was so beautiful I started thinking about my hair and now I'm obsessed. I have about a foot to go. Feels like forever away. Most people wear very short here also. The summers are killer for us long haired people.

italianamama
February 27th, 2010, 07:21 PM
This thread makes me happy :D Actually, the longest hair I've ever seen belongs to my three and a half year old daughter. Her hair is tailbone length and (except for trims to keep the ends healthy) I've never cut it. She's half Indian (from my ex) and half Italian (from me). After reading a big chunk of this thread I'm thinking maybe the Indian half of her got the really good hair genes :D I have to post pics, cause it's pretty impressive.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/jdkeavney/Julia10Dec09_3.jpg

This pic was taken this last Dec, and shows her natural texture. Kid needs a trim though, I'll put that on my to do list :D

Robbi Dehlinger
February 27th, 2010, 11:28 PM
This thread makes me happy :D Actually, the longest hair I've ever seen belongs to my three and a half year old daughter. Her hair is tailbone length and (except for trims to keep the ends healthy) I've never cut it. She's half Indian (from my ex) and half Italian (from me). After reading a big chunk of this thread I'm thinking maybe the Indian half of her got the really good hair genes :D I have to post pics, cause it's pretty impressive.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll227/jdkeavney/Julia10Dec09_3.jpg

This pic was taken this last Dec, and shows her natural texture. Kid needs a trim though, I'll put that on my to do list :D

Awwww...What a l'il princess:)