PDA

View Full Version : Long hair sighting thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23

irodaryne
December 1st, 2015, 09:03 AM
Good to know I'm not the only one noticing zombie hair! :p

Me too! I just watch the latest episode, and I said to my mother - oh look, that zombie has pretty hair!

Sometimes you just gotta look at zombie hair for inspiration, you know?

Obsidian
December 1st, 2015, 09:17 AM
There is a local woman who has the most amazing hair. Its near tail bone length and always worn down but is pinned back with a clip of some kind. Its light golden blond, probably a 3a but she brushes the curls so its kind of poofy. Bluntish fairy tail ends with a very slight u-shape line. I would love to talk to her or ask for a picture but she is grumpy and when ever she catches me looking, I get the evil eye.

There is another lady with beautiful hair that works at the local grocer. Its short, maybe a touch past shoulder length but its pure brilliant white, about 2a. The ends are kind of blondish from growing out color, once those are gone it will be amazing. She looks like some kind of angelic cherub since she is baby faced. I can only hope my grey will be as pretty.

Amapola
December 1st, 2015, 10:27 AM
I was in Taos at the supermarket, and saw a family come in: man, woman and girl about... maybe 12? 13? Something like that. The mother had longish hair - about waist, maybe. The daughter had classic length, lovely thick hair that was maybe a 4a with a fantastic blunt hemline. It turned out they ended up in the check-out lane next to the one we were in, so I told the young girl how beautiful her hair was. I explained that mine was longer than hers (it was up, of course) but that hers was far more beautiful. It made her smile, her mother smiled too. :)

Mavi
December 1st, 2015, 12:13 PM
Sometimes you just gotta look at zombie hair for inspiration, you know?

I'm so glad I wasn't the only one totally fixated on some lovely zombie hair in the last TWD episode :P

irodaryne
December 1st, 2015, 08:58 PM
I'm so glad I wasn't the only one totally fixated on some lovely zombie hair in the last TWD episode :P

It was just there and it was lovely, even for being all... zombied

Circe Invidiosa
December 4th, 2015, 07:55 AM
I saw a gentleman with floor length, straight, dark brown hair when out in a gothic nightclub. He was wearing it down and it looked so silky and smooth! Barely any taper, and no noticeable damage or unhealthy ends (ok, it was dark, but still). I hope he didn't catch me staring:p

Hairkay
December 4th, 2015, 10:01 AM
There was a lady last weekend with a knee length plait/braid.

Entangled
December 4th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I saw a gentleman with floor length, straight, dark brown hair when out in a gothic nightclub. He was wearing it down and it looked so silky and smooth! Barely any taper, and no noticeable damage or unhealthy ends (ok, it was dark, but still). I hope he didn't catch me staring:p

Wow. We see a lot of classic, or even knew hair, but floor length hair is crazy rare to see down!

Shepherdess
December 4th, 2015, 07:18 PM
The other day at a mall I saw a lady with beautiful black hip length dreadlocks, they were very finely braided and looped in big waves/curls. Her hair was absolutely gorgeous!

That is amazing! I wish that I could have seen!!!

lunalocks
December 4th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Most recently I spied a lady at the market with thick, pure white hair to waist or longer. I complimented her and she seemed pleased that I did.

Buttercup1223
December 5th, 2015, 06:17 PM
I have to give a shout out to this girl that works at our commissary in CT that has the most beautiful reddish/brown hair that is about her lower back length, and it's so beautiful! It looks so great on her and has a lot of volume. I am so jealous. And she's always so nice to people that come through her checkout line.

irodaryne
December 5th, 2015, 08:22 PM
I saw a woman at Northwest Trek today who had about TBL curly/wavy hair.

CaranDulin
December 8th, 2015, 11:42 AM
I met a lovely girl at the thrift store I work at yesterday. She had a big messy bun that was a beautiful blonde color and held up with a pair of pretty gold hair sticks. We had a nice conversation, but I failed to ask if she was a member here. If that was you, hello!

embee
December 13th, 2015, 06:13 PM
At a two-day singing I saw a very pretty girl with TB length dark soft wavy hair, loose and floating, beautiful. That was yesterday. Today she had her hair in a low chignon - with a pencil. I said, "Oh, a pencil bun!" but no, she had hairpins. I mentioned LHC - maybe some day she'll show up here! :)

embee
January 2nd, 2016, 05:57 AM
On New Year's Eve there was a pretty girl at the singing with a nice fishtail braid. Hardly ever see those in the wild around here. Her braid was close to BSL. I told her how nice it looked and she was pleased. (I am old and small and probably non-threatening)

-Fern
January 2nd, 2016, 07:49 AM
I think I've spotted three or four lovely ladies in the last week with silver, hip-length hair. Love it!!

JustPam
January 2nd, 2016, 10:08 AM
I saw a little girl in town the other day with nearly knee length blonde hair, so jealous, haha!

erizabesu
January 2nd, 2016, 02:26 PM
I saw a woman at Walmart the other day with blonde hair a few inches past classic.

SwanFeathers
January 9th, 2016, 10:39 PM
I met a longhair at work today! she was there to get paint mixed, and I asked her about her rather large braided bun. she had it pinned in place with a crochet hook, but was nice enough to take it down to show me while the paint shaker did it's thing. she had thick classic length silver hair, and it looked so heathy! once her paint was done she put it back up and was on her way. I wish I had remembered to ask her if she knew about LHC

Islandgrrl
January 9th, 2016, 10:50 PM
Met a lovely woman in the grocery store last week with stunning mid-thigh length hair. We had a lovely conversation and I told her all about LHC.

samanthaa
January 11th, 2016, 08:24 AM
I was running the other day and came up really close (because the sidewalk was narrow and I had to pass) behind this woman with a HUGE and beautiful cinnabun. There was some rubbernecking. I can only imagine what her length/thickness is when her hair is taken down!

irodaryne
January 11th, 2016, 12:01 PM
One of the Assistant Store Managers at my new job has this big, gorgeous bun that she wears every day and I haven't had the courage to ask her how long her hair is, yet. But it's a pretty bun.

missrandie
January 11th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Saw a gentleman yesterday with a MBL, nearly waist length thick silver ponytail. It was absolutely gorgeous!

calmyogi
January 11th, 2016, 12:19 PM
I was running the other day and came up really close (because the sidewalk was narrow and I had to pass) behind this woman with a HUGE and beautiful cinnabun. There was some rubbernecking. I can only imagine what her length/thickness is when her hair is taken down!

Rubbernecking lol!!!

papayatree
January 11th, 2016, 01:45 PM
When I was at the Georgia Dome for Monster Jam, I saw a woman with TBL light brown, straight hair, a woman who had MTL, straight, dark brown with gray at the roots hair, and a woman who had Classic length, curly and dyed gray hair. None of them came to where I was working, so I couldn't start up a conversation. However, the first two women had hair that LHC members would be proud of, because I was!

Jennah
January 12th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Hair at the beach today... I thought it was pretty:

Mod note: this is a private forum and street shot violate the privacy of the individuals photographed.

brickworld13
January 12th, 2016, 02:56 PM

Rubbernecking lol!!!

I love this episode, but the song is the icing on the cake. http://youtu.be/HYNsjf8f0E0

Fericera
January 12th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Two sightings in one shopping trip today! A young woman with a hip/TBL ponytail wearing a beret in Walmart, and an employee that I've seen once before. I can't tell how long his hair is because he keeps it wrapped up, but at least mid back I estimate.

missblueeyes
January 13th, 2016, 04:50 AM
@Jennah: Is that you on the picture? If not, I'm not sure it's legal to upload it here. Anyways, isn't it creepy to upload pictures of someone else?

veryhairyfairy
January 13th, 2016, 04:58 AM
@Jennah: Is that you on the picture? If not, I'm not sure it's legal to upload it here. Anyways, isn't it creepy to upload pictures of someone else?

My first thought. I can tell that you were well intentioned, Jennah, but my goodness what a violation of some stranger's privacy! Imagine if some random person was taking pictures of YOU at the beach and posting them to a public forum!

Jennah
January 13th, 2016, 05:52 AM

My first thought. I can tell that you were well intentioned, Jennah, but my goodness what a violation of some stranger's privacy! Imagine if some random person was taking pictures of YOU at the beach and posting them to a public forum!

Even though I may or may not like it, if I am in a public place I will believe that that person has all the right in the world to publish my picture!

---------------------------

Know your rights people! (http://lifehacker.com/5912250/know-your-rights-photography-in-public)

The General Rule: If You Can See It You Can Shoot It
Your basic right is actually pretty simple: if you're in a public place and you can see it, you can shoot it. This means as long as you're in a public location you can legally take almost any picture.

That´s right! (http://lindsaydobsonphotography.com/blog/photographing-people-and-children-in-public-places/)

Do I need permission before I take someone’s photograph?
Not at all. There are no laws preventing photography of people, children, buildings, objects or anything else in a public place, or in any place open to the public where photography is not expressly prohibited. There is no expectation of privacy in a public place.

Where or when might it be wrong or illegal to take photographs?
If you take photographs on private land without the knowledge or permission of the landowner you could be charged with trespass, it’s both prudent and polite to check it’s OK before you start taking pictures. You are not permitted to take photographs on private land where the landowner has expressly prohibited photography.

Can I publish photographs containing people and children?
Of course you can. For images captured in locations where there can be no reasonable expectation of privacy, the photographer does not need the permission of the individual(s) who appear in that photograph in order to publish it online, in a newspaper, textbook or in a magazine.

When can’t I publish pictures of people or children?
As mentioned earlier, you can’t publish images which depict a private act, or images captured on private land where the landowner forbids photography.

Pay Attention to Where and What You Upload Online
You can't use someone's likeness for commercial purposes without their express permission. This means you can't take a picture in a public place with recognizable faces and then sell it to Coca-Cola or a stock photo company
You also can't publish a photo that paints a person in a false light.

If I take somebody’s picture do they have the right to a copy of it? I photograph events, just like other hobbyists, but quite often people get in touch and ask for digital copies of my photographs.
Under Copyright law every image you create is your intellectual property – the people appearing in the photographs do not have any rights to the image and they do not have the right to ask for copies of your work.

The bottom line …..
It’s understandable that any parent will feel protective towards their family and no parent should be criticized for that, but very often that is manifested in unreasonable or aggressive demands which have no legal or rational merit.

Jennah
January 13th, 2016, 05:53 AM
I would love to see this thread loaded with pictures of strangers in public places with long flowy hair! :joy::disco:

brickworld13
January 13th, 2016, 06:14 AM
I went and had a look at the rules because I thought it was mentioned in there that you can't post pictures of strangers but it's not. Mods come and offer your brains. Please. :flower:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=4005

missblueeyes
January 13th, 2016, 07:18 AM
I would love to see this thread loaded with pictures of strangers in public places with long flowy hair! :joy::disco:

The thing is, it might be legal but is it ethically right? I mean, doesn't it feel wrong to you if you take the picture of a stranger without their permission and then posting it online?
I personally find this really creepy and stalker-ish. Wouldn't you be mortified to find a picture of you in your bathing suit on a forum where people discuss long hair? I certainly would be.
They're at a beach. At the beach, you usually wear stuff you wouldn't wear in public (bathing shorts, bikinis... pretty much underwear).

http://www.rolereboot.org/culture-and-politics/details/2014-06-stop-posting-photos-strangers-online/

Jennah
January 13th, 2016, 07:23 AM
I personally find this really creepy and stalker-ish.

Your personal opinion has been duly noted. :o

missblueeyes
January 13th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Your personal opinion has been duly noted. :o

I doubt I'm the only one.

veryhairyfairy
January 13th, 2016, 07:34 AM
I doubt I'm the only one.

You're not. I loved that link you posted, too, because I've been guilty of being entertained by public shaming pics of strangers (the guys on the subway are alllmost asking for it).

I would be mortified to find out a stranger took a picture of me in a bikini and posted it on a public forum, I bet Jennah would, too, but she has to defend herself now and won't admit that.

Fericera
January 13th, 2016, 11:00 AM
I would be mortified to find out a stranger took a picture of me in a bikini and posted it on a public forum, I bet Jennah would, too, but she has to defend herself now and won't admit that.

I personally don't think we should be posting pictures of other people, but I think this is a little silly. Even if someone isn't taking pictures directly of you in your bikini, you might end up in the background of someone else's vacation pictures on their blog, on the internet. If you don't feel confident in a bikini, why on earth would you wear one? Are you bothered by people seeing you in one, or just the idea of it being photographed? Public and private life are different, and I think that what you do in public doesn't come with an expectation of privacy.

They're at a beach. At the beach, you usually wear stuff you wouldn't wear in public (bathing shorts, bikinis... pretty much underwear).

How is a beach not public? Unless it's a private beach, I don't see how you would expect not to be seen. I'm not trying to sound confrontational. Like I said, I think if not as a rule, at least a courtesy we shouldn't post others pictures on this forum, but I'm not understanding this part of your argument.

missblueeyes
January 13th, 2016, 12:24 PM
@Fericera: Well, I wouldn't mind being in the background of someone's pictures but if someone points a camera at me without my permission when I'm standing at the beach I'll surely ask them to stop taking pictures of me because it makes me feel uncomfortable. There's a clear difference between being in the BACKGROUND and being the CENTER of a picture that's there to show off one of your features to the internet. The problem is that she clearly pointed the camera at the person without their permission and uploaded the picture to a public board.
If the girl had been standing on a town square, it wouldn't have made a difference. I'm just saying that the girl might be even more uncomfortable knowing that she had a pic of her in her bikini taken and posted publically without her permission. Sure, the beach is public, too, but that doesn't mean that you'd wear a bikini to a shopping center just because you feel comfortable enough wearing it at the beach.
Anyway, this is off topic... I hope someone gets me, at least. This discussion is making me really furious.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 13th, 2016, 12:55 PM
I was discussing this with DH this morning and he said that while it may not be breaking any rules to put this person's photo online without their knowledge or consent, it probably was not showing politeness towards this person to do so. My view is the same, though I am sure no disrespect was intended. And the hair was indeed beautiful

Mimha
January 13th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Please people, do consider that even if some things are not prohibited by the law, they still can be considered with some due respect. Your own naive and sincere perception of your rights can be perceived as totally inadequate / intrusive / creepy by other people. We are all different, have different cultures, religion, perception, experience of life. A picture of someone IS a personal thing. (I don't mean a picture showing a crowd in the street or a market place, and not showing anybody in particular. I mean a personal picture). Spreading it around on internet or else, is definitely a violation of privacy, being it legal or not. It is a totally different thing to be seen on a beach by other people who are ALSO on that beach, and that you can ALSO see, than to have your picture being spread to places where you never intended to go or to appear.

Is it because my door is not locked that you can enter my garden ? Is it because my unfortunately unlocked bicycle is in the street that you can take it ? Is it because the food is on free access on the shelf that you can help yourself and leave without paying ? Is it because my towel is alone on the beach that you can take it ? Is it because I happen to be here with my long hair / nice dress / cute baby, that you can throw me on internet where I never meant to go ?? What do you know about my life ? If I am bullied by some people ? If I am sad and just want to be left alone ? If I'm cheating my husband (lol) that day ? If I am mano negra ?... Should I be wearing a burka to be let in peace / not recognized / respected ?

No. Just NO ! Personal picture are personal stuff. If you have a minimum of respect, you will not help yourself without asking. Just asking is not a big deal !...

Jennah
January 13th, 2016, 02:09 PM
It was a back shot. :(

Jennah
January 13th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Mod note: this is a private forum and street shot violate the privacy of the individuals photographed.

Mod,

The Community Guidelines & Terms of Service should be updated to note that, otherwise it gets very confusing for the posters.

embee
January 13th, 2016, 02:41 PM
I find this whole thing confusing. I live in a tourist town. My picture has been taken in public places, posted online, and printed in papers. Not that I like it, but if I'm in public, there it is. The pics I'm referring to are even *face* shots. And no, nobody ever asked me at all, not even once.

How do I know that Jennah didn't crop her pic of that *gorgeous* ocean and sand (me, shivering in 20F weather) so we could see the beautiful hair.

TR
January 13th, 2016, 03:16 PM
I'm conflicted. On the one hand I'm aware that it's legal, and I've certainly looked at a thousand celebrity pictures that were certainly taken without the subject's consent and then used to sell magazines or as clickbait on websites. On the other hand it somehow feels strange and invasive to see it here, but logically it's no different than looking at Jennifer Aniston in a paparazzi beach bikini pic.

neko_kawaii
January 13th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Mod,

The Community Guidelines & Terms of Service should be updated to note that, otherwise it gets very confusing for the posters.

We are working on that. It used to be in the TOS years ago but was apparently cut out when the rules were shortened at some point but has always been enforced, leaving us scrambling around today trying to locate the original wording, etc.

Basically, LHC is a private forum and because we understand many members here would object to people taking pictures of them and posting them online without permission, we likewise ask that no one post photos of others without their explicit consent.

Jennah
January 13th, 2016, 04:06 PM
I see.....

Jennah
January 13th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Nevermind then.

TR
January 13th, 2016, 04:34 PM
We are working on that. It used to be in the TOS years ago but was apparently cut out when the rules were shortened at some point but has always been enforced, leaving us scrambling around today trying to locate the original wording, etc.

Basically, LHC is a private forum and because we understand many members here would object to people taking pictures of them and posting them online without permission, we likewise ask that no one post photos of others without their explicit consent.

Thanks for this info. I'll have to remember it if I ever consider linking photo or video links from the internet, to make sure the subject agreed to have that image/video posted. Just some random celebrity or stranger photo, without clear consent to post widely, could violate LHC terms even if the subject is famous I guess. Hair tutorials posted publicly on YouTube or other public sites should be fine though, right?

Jennah
January 13th, 2016, 04:52 PM
I'll have to remember it if I ever consider linking photo or video links from the internet, to make sure the subject agreed to have that image/video posted. Just some random celebrity or stranger photo, without clear consent to post widely, could violate LHC terms even if the subject is famous I guess.

Maybe if it´s publicly available on the internet you can link it without asking the person for permission?

In that case you can take a picture of a stranger and make it available on the internet (like in this page (http://digital-photography-school.com/25-street-photography-images/)) and then link it, I don´t see the difference. :confused:

Or else, if you want to put a link to any pinterest picture you would have to ask them first? :confused:

embee
January 13th, 2016, 06:59 PM
I love Marble at the beach. :) My friend had a Beach Cat years ago. He would go for walks on the beach with us and the dog. Those were good days. The beach was not crowded. Now you can't let a dog run on that beach and I can't imagine what the authorities would do about a cat.

Now people have those expando-leads on dogs and the dogs sometimes tangle strangers up in those, but they're "on lead" so they're legal.

Jennah
January 14th, 2016, 03:09 AM
I love Marble at the beach. :)

Thank you! :flower:

Jennah
January 14th, 2016, 06:01 AM
I love it too.

Todd
January 14th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Even though I may or may not like it, if I am in a public place I will believe that that person has all the right in the world to publish my picture!

Can I publish photographs containing people and children?
Of course you can. For images captured in locations where there can be no reasonable expectation of privacy, the photographer does not need the permission of the individual(s) who appear in that photograph in order to publish it online, in a newspaper, textbook or in a magazine.

There is a difference between publishing the photo online on your own website or blog vs. on a privately owned site such as this forum, which may have rules prohibiting posting such photos. We are all just guests of the forum owners and must abide by their rules. As a photographer this is very common knowledge.

If this rule was inadvertently erased as was mentioned earlier I am all for having it restored to remove any ambiguity.

Jennah
January 14th, 2016, 11:57 AM
TWe are all just guests of the forum owners and must abide by their rules. As a photographer this is very common knowledge.

If this rule was inadvertently erased as was mentioned earlier I am all for having it restored to remove any ambiguity.

Oh, absolutely! If the forum owners do not want to post pictures of red flowers because they believe the red color is offensive I have no problem with that. It just so happens that there are no rules specifying that or street photos for that matter. None at all.

Now, because of this topic, the mod came up with this (which is not in the guidelines, just mentioned in a post): we likewise ask that no one post photos of others without their explicit consent.

Now, what is that supposed to mean? Do they have a form to sign? No, they don´t. And if they did, how are they going to verify that the person photgraphed is the one in a given form? I believe that rule is impossible to enforce all together.

Maybe the rule should be, no photos should be posted. Or, post only photos of yourself (as long as they can verify that the pic is of a member because of previous posts).

Or maybe, post photos that are legal, that is, taken in public places not for commercial use and maybe blur the face like google maps does in case it shows. Dunno. They seem to have left that open in the guidelines and now they are back tracking.

Todd
January 14th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Oh, absolutely! If the forum owners do not want to post pictures of red flowers because they believe the red color is offensive I have no problem with that. It just so happens that there are no rules specifying that or street photos for that matter. None at all.

Now, because of this topic, the mod came up with this (which is not in the guidelines, just mentioned in a post): we likewise ask that no one post photos of others without their explicit consent.

Rather than continuing this pettiness I hereby ask the moderators to reinstate this rule as soon as possible which as was mentioned earlier was only omitted in error when they shortened the rules section some time earlier.

How does that old saying go about why we can't have nice things? :rolleyes

chen bao jun
January 14th, 2016, 12:43 PM
Aside from the issue of it not being right to violate others' privacy without their permission, I believe that the forum could be sued in the event that someone finds a photo of themself, taken without their permission posted up on a public forum. Celebrities have a certain amount of trouble getting courts to enforce laws that protect people's privacy, because they are celebrities and their images are already out there, but I don't think regular people who have had their rights violated in this way would have such trouble, if they were determined to prosecute.

So no, its not a matter of the mods just being arbitrary, as in not wanting people to post red flowers.

There may not be a form to sign but if they have reason to think that you are violating this rule, which I think is perfectly clear (in spite of the facetiousness of your last post), and risking trouble coming upon the forum, I would think you would be banned.

It is not as important to me to see photos of hair, however beautiful, as it is to know that others are being respected. The same way that it would be wrong to sneak up behind someone without their permission with a scissors, it is wrong to steal their image and do what YOU feel like with it, regardless of what they personally want/feel comfortable with.

And its not at all a stretch to think that someone who has beautiful long hair might someday join this forum--and find their image. Members of this forum have found their images posted in other places on the internet without their permission--people do find these things.

brickworld13
January 14th, 2016, 12:53 PM
I have had photos of me taken without my permission and then posted online as revenge. I have no problems with photos of me, but I want them to be shared on my terms. Using them for blackmail is not ok. Using them in any way that could be questionable usage of some else's image is not ok. If I, personally, use my own image in a way that someone else may find questionable, it's not a problem. Do you see what I'm saying?

lapis_lazuli
January 14th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Just want to say to you Jennah, that is a gorgeous photo! It reminds me of good times with friends in warm weather without a care :inlove: and most importantly, that it's possible to have that again. Thanks for sharing it, it really brightened my day :)

As for long hair sightings, there was a little girl (maybe 7 or 8 ) at the school I volunteer at with a thick classic-length braid. I tried not to gawk but it was so pretty! :D

neko_kawaii
January 14th, 2016, 01:00 PM
And thus it is officially reinstated in the Community Guidelines (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/content.php?r=31-Community-Guidelines-Terms-of-Service).

And just a few links to illustrate how long this rule has been enforced:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66407
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128096&p=2888202&viewfull=1#post2888202
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5299&p=2048696&viewfull=1#post2048696
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5299&p=2147748&viewfull=1#post2147748

missblueeyes
January 14th, 2016, 01:45 PM
And thus it is officially reinstated in the Community Guidelines (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/content.php?r=31-Community-Guidelines-Terms-of-Service).

And just a few links to illustrate how long this rule has been enforced:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66407
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128096&p=2888202&viewfull=1#post2888202
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5299&p=2048696&viewfull=1#post2048696
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5299&p=2147748&viewfull=1#post2147748

I knew my mind hadn't made this up! Thank you! :)

Jennah
January 14th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Just want to say to you Jennah, that is a gorgeous photo! It reminds me of good times with friends in warm weather without a care :inlove: and most importantly, that it's possible to have that again. Thanks for sharing it, it really brightened my day :)

Thank you! :flower: Yes, pictures tell a different story because they have a feeling. Different places, different styles, different people. Glad you liked it!

----------------

Today I went to the store and saw a girl with such a nice hair! It was really long! And healthy! :)

embee
January 14th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Long hair and style in Uruguay!

That reminds me so much of the beach town my DD lived in some years ago. It was a lovely place to visit.

Jennah
January 14th, 2016, 02:20 PM
That reminds me so much of the beach town my DD lived in some years ago. It was a lovely place to visit.

Thank you embee! :crush: Glad it brought you fond memories.

Mavi
January 15th, 2016, 11:09 AM
There is this one guy at my gym and every time I see him I can't help smile from ear to ear. He does physique competitions and he has gorgeous 2a/b classic length blonde hair with natural highlights. So rare, especially on a dude. He probably thinks I'm that weird girl who can't stop smiling with her mouth open. I've talked to him, he's no nice and humble too. Agk, the swooning! :P

Sparklylady82
January 15th, 2016, 11:54 PM
I find that I see long hair everywhere now! Way more than when I had long hair 10 years ago. It's not uncommon to see teens with waist to classic length hair. I've also seen several mature women with super long hair lately. One had a knee length pony tail and another had bleach blond classic length hair!

spirals
January 16th, 2016, 01:00 AM
Saw a lady while I was working today. She had a light blonde low ponytail that I guess would be hip length if loose. It looked very healthy and I'd say she was a 1-something, probably 1b.

Entangled
January 16th, 2016, 07:56 PM
I saw a musical last night, and I saw one lady with tailbone length hair (and she was really tall!), one with tailbone length hair but with the curly ends pulled straight, probably classic, and a lady with classic length hair.

calmyogi
January 17th, 2016, 08:01 AM
I love this episode, but the song is the icing on the cake. http://youtu.be/HYNsjf8f0E0

I agree haha

trolleypup
January 22nd, 2016, 07:07 PM
On the bus home from work yesterday, a bevy of teenyboppers boarded...all between BSL and BCL, no apparent dyeing or straightening, mostly down (just a few accent braids).

VisionOne
January 23rd, 2016, 01:30 AM
Last tuesday I saw the same girl twice in the school corridors. Her hair was TBL/mid butt-length and super straight (either 1a type or straightened). It had a nice, golden blonde color that might be bleached highligts and even though her hair tapered it was bluntly cut at the ends. It was so beautiful! I almost missed what my teacher told me when she walked past because I was distracted by her hair, lol!

mary*rose
January 23rd, 2016, 10:36 AM
I find that I see long hair everywhere now! Way more than when I had long hair 10 years ago. It's not uncommon to see teens with waist to classic length hair. I've also seen several mature women with super long hair lately. One had a knee length pony tail and another had bleach blond classic length hair!

LHC is spreading! We're everywhere!

neko_kawaii
January 26th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Amazing knee-length blond/silver/white hair complemented while crossing the street!

teal
January 27th, 2016, 01:16 PM
I saw a girl headed to school (in uniform) and I was so frustrated looking at her! She had hip length, thick hair worn loose, and she'd just thrown her backpack on willy-nilly, trapping some of the hair while the rest swung free. Frustrating to me because my entire volume of hair equated to the trapped portion of her hair, and there's no way I could ever wear my hair down like that with such abandon. I know it's not my place to be irritated about that which other people take for granted on their bodies which I work so hard to preserve on my own body... sigh. It's related to me losing circumference and not accepting that for what it is. I'm having a fit of pique over here... be back after some emotion wrangling. :(

JustPam
January 28th, 2016, 08:56 AM
I saw a girl headed to school (in uniform) and I was so frustrated looking at her! She had hip length, thick hair worn loose, and she'd just thrown her backpack on willy-nilly, trapping some of the hair while the rest swung free. Frustrating to me because my entire volume of hair equated to the trapped portion of her hair, and there's no way I could ever wear my hair down like that with such abandon. I know it's not my place to be irritated about that which other people take for granted on their bodies which I work so hard to preserve on my own body... sigh. It's related to me losing circumference and not accepting that for what it is. I'm having a fit of pique over here... be back after some emotion wrangling. :(

Haha, I get that feeling, when I watch youtube hair tutorials and they can make an accent braid that's as thick as my whole hair braid, and they also tease and bleach and fry their hair without a second thought and I just scream "HOWWW?!" in my head. But then again I think about how hot my head gets during heavy workouts, and how much worse it would be with even more hair insulating it.

ashke50
February 29th, 2016, 02:52 AM
Over the weekend I saw a woman with gorgeous thick blonde hip/tailbone length hair on the tube. It looked very healthy, and beautiful!

mary*rose
February 29th, 2016, 07:11 AM
I've seen a lot of students here with classic length hair, usually black or brown hair - never blonde. They always wear it loose, though...so perhaps there are more people with long hair than I know about, and I just don't see them because their hair is up. I don't see a lot of women with braids or buns, though. Or any, really. That's not really the style right now. And no one knows how to braid their own hair! People always compliment my braids and then tell me "I could never do that." Lies :bigtongue:

And then I misbehave and compare my hair to theirs because mine is longer and my ends are thicker :twisted: Although they'd never know that because my hair is always up...

fiðrildi
February 29th, 2016, 07:27 AM
A couple of months ago I saw a woman with flowing blonde knee length hair walking in front of me. That was some glorious hair. I wanted to take a picture, but I was too embarrassed to do so.

I get to see quite a lot of loose long hairs around, anywhere from waist to classic. Many long-haired men as well. I thud so many times I lost count :thud:

irodaryne
February 29th, 2016, 10:22 AM
A couple of weeks ago, I saw a woman with what looked like possibly TBL hair (I mean I couldn't tell for sure, but it looked to be in the general area a tailbone would be). Then the night before last I saw some girls with hip length hair.

I'm noticing that hip length isn't all that uncommon here in Portland. I've been seeing more and more folks with hair between hip and TBL.

Beatrixity
February 29th, 2016, 02:30 PM
I saw the most beautiful almost waist length silver hair today!

Christine_O
February 29th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Lot of longhairs coming out of the woodwork in Alaska these days. The weather is rough on hair, and most don't put it up, so normally between bsl and hip length. Yesterday though, I saw a store clerk with a large bun and a braid surrounding it. I wanted to believe the braid was fake, because I don't have enough hair to have both a bun and an accent braid. :rant:

Mavi
March 1st, 2016, 03:55 PM
Today was a good day for hair sightings. I quite literally ran-into a girl with 1a knee length hair today. We crashed into one another as she was running around the corner of a tunnel. I was unable to stop my self from saying "Wow!" out loud. Then I was embarrassed.

Then later today at the grocery store, I ran into a gentleman with light red hip length hair. The colour was my favourite hair colour in the world, it was gorgeous.

Arctic
March 1st, 2016, 04:00 PM
Many girls and teens with long hair.

Anya15
March 1st, 2016, 07:02 PM
I was havinng lunch at my univ cafeteria yesterday and I noticed this girl with long hair in a braid. Classic length! Also the braid itself was super thick, must be like two of my braids combined, and even at the bottom, it had the same thickness. :love:

Gaalsong
March 2nd, 2016, 01:03 PM
While standing in line to vote yesterday I saw a lady with hip length hair. It was a pretty reddish brown. It looked like she wore it down all the time, the ends were fairytaled and kind of thinner but it still looked beautiful.

SteelRose
March 2nd, 2016, 01:56 PM
I saw a lady with hair that was probably around tbl at the grocery store today! It was ponytailed and probably had a red dye over a very dark base color (or was dyed a black/red). Very pretty hair though!

Also, I had the thought reading through this thread that I would likely never be spotted as my hair is very rarely out of a bun in public. Oh well....

mary*rose
March 2nd, 2016, 02:23 PM
I saw a lady with hair that was probably around tbl at the grocery store today! It was ponytailed and probably had a red dye over a very dark base color (or was dyed a black/red). Very pretty hair though!

Also, I had the thought reading through this thread that I would likely never be spotted as my hair is very rarely out of a bun in public. Oh well....

Don't worry - long hairs know how to spot long hairs even when they try to disguise themselves with buns ;)

pinutzz
March 2nd, 2016, 02:38 PM
I was havinng lunch at my univ cafeteria yesterday and I noticed this girl with long hair in a braid.
I find universities are the perfect place to spot people with extremely long hair. I think it has something to do with being judged on test results as opposed to all kinds of murky things aside from actual performance in a normal work place. People tend to be a bit more outside the norm in terms of their appearance at universities is gerneral, imho.
There is one lady that I often see in my own university cafeteria that always wears an english braid that goes to about her knees. It is super thin and at the end only a few lonely hairs are left. I think it might have something to do with the braid always swinging like a pendulum when she walks - the friction with her back just can't be good for long hair. But who am I to judge someone elses long hair growing techniques when my own hair isn't even close to that in length?

SteelRose
March 2nd, 2016, 04:22 PM
Don't worry - long hairs know how to spot long hairs even when they try to disguise themselves with buns ;)

I suppose, to be fair, I have had one person comment on my length in public before. She was a hair dresser and had fairly long hair herself. She's the only one to comment on length, though. Any other comments I get tend to relate to the updo itself.

lithostoic
March 2nd, 2016, 05:36 PM
A friend of mine I hadn't seen in 4 years visited a couple days ago. Her hair is TBL :) When I last saw her in person it was CBL. It looks great.

Fericera
March 2nd, 2016, 05:40 PM
I saw a girl at the piercing shop yesterday with very shiny, straight, brown hair down to about her tailbone.

Anya15
March 2nd, 2016, 08:14 PM
I find universities are the perfect place to spot people with extremely long hair. I think it has something to do with being judged on test results as opposed to all kinds of murky things aside from actual performance in a normal work place. People tend to be a bit more outside the norm in terms of their appearance at universities is gerneral, imho.
There is one lady that I often see in my own university cafeteria that always wears an english braid that goes to about her knees. It is super thin and at the end only a few lonely hairs are left. I think it might have something to do with the braid always swinging like a pendulum when she walks - the friction with her back just can't be good for long hair. But who am I to judge someone elses long hair growing techniques when my own hair isn't even close to that in length?

True. The girl I saw was an undergrad student, so she was pretty young. I had TBL length hair till my second year of college, myself.

I always used to be asked 'When are you going to cut your hair?/Why don't you cut your hair?/You need a makeover/You'd look so much better with a new haircut.'

I did cut it short but that was because my ends and a bit of the length were damaged. That and going sulfate free helped, my hair is thicker and healthier now.

irodaryne
March 2nd, 2016, 09:55 PM
Oh! I forgot to mention that last Monday, at work I saw a woman with what looked like somewhere between hip and TBL hair...... Except she had her purse strap all up over her hair on one side. I think I visibly cringed as she walked away from me and I noticed the hair caught under there.

Atarah
March 4th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Running errands today and saw two men (both store employees) with long hair. One was just past shoulder length and wavy/curly; the other curly and almost APL.

spirals
March 4th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Saw a customer with past-knee 1a. It was maybe 2 inches above the widest part of the calf. I did a whole-body double-take.

mary*rose
March 5th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Saw a customer with past-knee 1a. It was maybe 2 inches above the widest part of the calf. I did a whole-body double-take.

Oh WOW that's awesome!

Beatnik Guy
March 6th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Today was a good day for hair sightings. I quite literally ran-into a girl with 1a knee length hair today. We crashed into one another as she was running around the corner of a tunnel. I was unable to stop my self from saying "Wow!" out loud. Then I was embarrassed.

LOL. How awesome! Saying "wow" out loud isn't such a bad thing. :D

antler_tines
March 6th, 2016, 04:12 PM
I saw a lady with her hair in two baids that where tbl or there abouts while out walking with my husband. I told her I loved her braids :) My husband thought I was being weird though :P

missrandie
March 6th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Today was the day of longhairs! I saw classic length wavy hair, past classic hair, TBL thick V hem, TBL fairytales, and many many at BSL.

spirals
March 6th, 2016, 05:13 PM
LOL. How awesome! Saying "wow" out loud isn't such a bad thing. :D

If I met any guy with hair as long as yours I probably would.

Mavi
March 6th, 2016, 05:22 PM
LOL. How awesome! Saying "wow" out loud isn't such a bad thing. :DIf I met any guy with hair as long as yours I probably would.

I get unnaturally happy when I see men with really long hair, I tend to smile like an idiot and then fail at whatever I was trying to say. Maybe if it wasn't quite as rare this wouldn't happen... (Hint hint, all men, everywhere ;) )

Beatnik Guy
March 6th, 2016, 05:47 PM
I get unnaturally happy when I see men with really long hair, I tend to smile like an idiot and then fail at whatever I was trying to say. Maybe if it wasn't quite as rare this wouldn't happen... (Hint hint, all men, everywhere ;) )

If I met any guy with hair as long as yours I probably would.

Thanks. :)

I sometimes fumble words in the presence of really long hair too.

spirals
March 6th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Thanks. :)

I sometimes fumble words in the presence of really long hair too.

Occasionally my mouth fails me in the presence of a very cute guy. Happened the first time I met one of my redheaded coworkers. I believe I uttered the phrase "Iuuuuhhhhthepbbbtht..uh..." :bow:

fiðrildi
March 7th, 2016, 03:37 AM

Lol, Mavi :laugh:

Two of my male flatmates had beautiful long hair. One of them had BSL-ish jet black, 1a hair, and perfect hemline. The other had waist length 3b blond ringlets, iii thickness. It was a catastrophe when he chopped it all off :thud:
(oh, and they are both into rock climbing, thought it was worth noting, he he ;))

Mavi
March 7th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Occasionally my mouth fails me in the presence of a very cute guy. Happened the first time I met one of my redheaded coworkers. I believe I uttered the phrase "Iuuuuhhhhthepbbbtht..uh..." :bow:
:laugh:
You have perfectly summarized my eloquence in similar situations.
I hope your conversations with this coworker became more dynamic as you got to know each other. :)

Lol, Mavi :laugh:

Two of my male flatmates had beautiful long hair. One of them had BSL-ish jet black, 1a hair, and perfect hemline. The other had waist length 3b blond ringlets, iii thickness. It was a catastrophe when he chopped it all off :thud:
(oh, and they are both into rock climbing, thought it was worth noting, he he ;))
Oh my goodness we could all go rock climbing together! Pardon me while I take a moment to squee (I learned about the squee at LHC, and I must say I am a fan).

lithostoic
March 8th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Walking past the laundromat when I saw a woman with tbl about 1b/m/ii hair. Vibrant red orange, like it was hennad. I would've complemented her but she walked into the building before I was close enough!

Mavi
March 15th, 2016, 09:28 AM
Today I was leading a group for a tour of my university, and one of my group members was probably 2cm from classic. I hope she has plans to keep growing, her hair was in wonderful condition, I have no doubt she could achieve much greater lengths.

spirals
March 15th, 2016, 09:32 PM
I complimented a sales assoc. while shopping yesterday. He had almost-APL dark blond wavy hair. I said, "Keep on growing, man!" From our conversation it seems he is maintaining at that length, though.

vpatt
March 18th, 2016, 12:18 PM
I walked near a young lady in Wal-Mart yesterday who had a beautiful braid. I gasped and said "oh, your hair!" She smiled and said thank you. Her hair was dark red, I wonder about henna. Her braid was fairly thick and reached at least to her waist.....awesome.

Arctic
March 18th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Good coincidence this thread was bumped, I was just looking for it.

I saw a man defending his dissertation today, and he had waist+ length neat ponytail (straight ii hair). He had very cool hairline in the front, which together with the sleek ponytail (and dark really nice suit) made a dramatic look. And he's defending was successful too, of course!

Agnes Hannah
March 21st, 2016, 12:41 PM
I saw a man in ASDA, he had the most gorgeous hair! It was BCL in a V shape, it was slightly wavy and looked so soft, you could tell he really looked after it. He was wearing a brimmed hat and had a beard. He looked downright COOL!!

Christine_O
March 25th, 2016, 06:42 PM
There is an awesome action shot of a college baskeball player with, probably, hip length blond hair on www.uaa.alaska.edu.

irodaryne
March 25th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Today I saw a hair stick in the wild! The woman (who was a customer coming through my line) said her hair was about to waist on her, so I asked her if she was from here. She said she wasn't, so I explained that it's a website of people who grow hair as a hobby and that there's lot of cool info on hair care and using hair sticks and forks. I then gave her the website name to look up (my LHC cards are in my wallet which was not on me at my checkstand). She said she'd definitely be coming over here to check it out because both her and her daughter are longhairs. :happydance:

PixieP
March 26th, 2016, 08:14 AM
I've lost count of the many longhairs I see... Long hair is the norm for young girls in my country lately, but I don't really care when I see them, cause for 90% of them the hair is false extensions. And that's not really impressive. It's usually quite easy to spot those who actually are "real" long hair-ers and those that have extensions clipped on.

I did see one lady with a classic length loose a couple of weeks ago, but she kinda just made me wince. It was clear she'd been sleeping with her hair in a braid, cause it was completly straight until the nape of her neck. And her waves were so kinky it looked like her braid had been super tight and it just looked painful really.

BlondeBeauty
March 26th, 2016, 10:27 PM
I saw a girl about 3 weeks ago with the most beautiful light brown classic length hair I ever remember seeing in person. She was walking into a local thrift shop that I had just left with my grandma. I got into my grandma's car, buckled in and I was like,"Woah!" I started pointing to the back of her head, I couldn't control myself..lol. "She has super long hair!" I said. My grandma looked at me, "Um, do you want to run in there and ask for a picture?" She joked. "Yes, er, I mean no." :)

spirals
March 26th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Two sightings today: 1) a lady with 2a that reached fingertip unstretched. It was medium golden brown, like mine, so that was inspirational. 2) An older lady with 2a/2b light ash brown, blunt cut hair to BCL. I'm guessing if she stretched it, it would be TBL.

Arctic
March 29th, 2016, 06:07 AM
Male bike rider with about midback length 1b-ish hair which seemed like natural blonde, the most beautiful golden blonde colour, and oh his hair was so shiny! And healthy looking! And thick all the way to the ends. It seemed hair well taken care of!

I have to say that BSL/MBL is pretty long in my eyes (and not because of the person in this example being male), his hair looked super long!

MlleMC
March 29th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Last week I met the friend of a friend, and he had beautiful waist length blond hair, worn in a bun. From the few words we exchanged, I think he's still growing it too. :)

JadedByEntropy
March 29th, 2016, 08:39 AM
I ran into a woman with blond knee length hair with bun/braid waves and a solid hemline on Spring break. She had it down in the wind. I didn't get to ask for a picture :/ she was too far away once i picked up my slack jaw off the floor. :(

But this is a man i walked with who has very thick very committed hair.
http://s18.postimg.org/en1giudmx/zappman.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

irodaryne
March 29th, 2016, 11:42 AM
There's a guy I work with that has about APL length blond 2c/3a hair.

sparrowswing
April 1st, 2016, 04:48 PM
I kept running into this woman with gorgeous golden hair down to her thighs at every concert I went to. At DragonForce a few months ago I finally perked up the courage and went to talk to her and tell her how beautiful her hair was. At Sonata Arctica the other night I asked for a photo showing our hair together. Her (husband?) seemed amused but happily took the picture for us.

And yes, I've cut my hair. It's just above classic length now (the jacket in this picture is right around classic length). I did not enjoy knee length as much as I thought I would, so now I think I'm going to hover between TBL and mid-thigh for the foreseeable future.

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz235/CeruleanSiren/20160327_001710_zps5okr4zcj.jpg~original

lapushka
April 1st, 2016, 05:01 PM
Oh look at that. Both your hair looks gorgeous! :D

spirals
April 1st, 2016, 05:56 PM
Oh look at that. Both your hair looks gorgeous! :D

Yes, the contrast is amazing.

Swan Maiden
April 1st, 2016, 07:43 PM
Went to a medieval fair today and only saw one other longhair. She had mid thigh chesnut hair, it looked healthy too. Honorable mentions were many of the men with shoulderblade length hair!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 1st, 2016, 08:03 PM
Oh, glorious hair!

nakima
April 2nd, 2016, 12:34 PM
very nice! you both have lovely hair!

pinutzz
April 2nd, 2016, 01:14 PM
Today I saw a hair stick in the wild!

That has NEVER happened to me before. :eye: I have lived in Germany, Finland and now Switzerland and I spend a lot of time in the US. So I don't think this is a local thing. I feel really out of place with my hair toys. So far nobody has commented on my sticks, forks or flexis - but I guess that is only a matter of time. How often do you spot hair sticks in the wild?

ETA:
never mind, there is an entire thread about that (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=73839)

Arctic
April 2nd, 2016, 01:24 PM
That has NEVER happened to me before. :eye: I have lived in Germany, Finland and now Switzerland and I spend a lot of time in the US. So I don't think this is a local thing. I feel really out of place with my hair toys. So far nobody has commented on my sticks, forks or flexis - but I guess that is only a matter of time. How often do you spot hair sticks in the wild?

Somebody said Finland? Do join the Finnish group, you can find the link from my profile!

-Huldra-
April 2nd, 2016, 03:48 PM
Saw a young woman with beautiful straight, natural blonde hair on the bus today. Her hair was in a ponytail, but I guess it was around hiplenght.. Compared to a lot of the members here though, it was "only" hip..

Entangled
April 2nd, 2016, 04:00 PM
I saw an older lady with gorgeous silver hair in the airport with a stick-held cinnabun! Very cool. At prom last night, there was a group of kids of Pacific Islander descent with amazing hair. Three of them had fingertip to knee hair, very thick and amazing. Wow! I also saw a girl with tailbone length, dyed blonde hair and two others with hair longer than tailbone. It was a fun night! I also saw a girl with hip length unstretched curls about the diameter of a marker.

A.D.
April 3rd, 2016, 11:04 PM
You both have beautiful hair.

Groovy Granny
April 4th, 2016, 11:34 AM
A teenage girl came into the restaurant we had dinner at Saturday night.
She had hip length curly auburn hair that caught my eye :wink:

Arctic
April 4th, 2016, 11:40 AM
I saw the same young woman today at the uni, I have seen once before. She has knee-ish, thigh-ish length hair. She had the underlayer bleached and the upper parts were dyed wine red. She wore a halfup that showed off the colour layers. Her hair seemed very straight, and on quick glance it seemed relatively healthy too for a hair that long AND processed AND worn down (the both times i've seen her her hair has been down, which of course doesn't mean she always wears it down).

PixieP
April 4th, 2016, 12:40 PM
I saw the THICKEST hair I have ever seen today! :O

I was sitting by the window of a resturant when a women jogs by. Her hair was in a low pony, and it was at least waist, probably hip, hard to tell when she was runnning. I could see her scrunchie was really tight, and still the base of her pony looked to be thicker than my wrist. And at the ends, her hair was so side, that even in a pony it covered almost the entire width of her back (she was very slim, but still!). I'd put her at a 2b/2c.

It did make me cringe slightly that she had this thick, long, glorious hair, that was only tied in a pony when she was running; her hair was whipping back and forth and it looked very umcomfortable, like it would be pulling on her scalp a lot, since it was so thick and probably quite heavy.

poli
April 4th, 2016, 11:04 PM
I saw a blonde with a comet/knot bun and its tail was at her hip, so at least classic?

nakima
April 7th, 2016, 10:42 AM
lately my neighbors have been moving around a lot, out walking etc. and I noticed a new family in the area and the young woman has at least hip length auburn hair she had braided and her braid was as thick as my arm! it was so beautiful! I would love to have nice thick hair like that...

Olavi
April 7th, 2016, 12:50 PM
I currently work in comprehensive school (ages 7-16) and I'm kinda jealous, because there is LOTS of girl with waist to lower back length hair.

lillielil
April 7th, 2016, 12:54 PM
FedEx driver spotted with WL caramel-blonde braid with a long 1a tassel. Her braid looked about as thick as a coke can and I definitely did a double-take (I was driving at the time).

ruppknupp
April 7th, 2016, 02:09 PM
A while ago at the cinema I saw a blonde woman with a beautiful, loose side-braid, at least waist or hip length.What struck me most was the fact that she was in her thirties - this is unusual where I live, most of the people with very long hair are teenage girls (it seems to be a trend right now among them to have long, pin-straight hair,I see them all the time).But seeing this actual woman with beautiful long hair really inspired me to let mine grow long too - her braid looked so casual,but it gave her a very special charisma.

teal
April 8th, 2016, 10:44 AM
I've had two recent sightings!

Yesterday afternoon I saw a girl on the train, probably in high school, with one thick braid of hair which started from an elastic at the crown and ended with an elastic at classic, with a long tassel below. Her hair must be at knee when it's loose! :eek:

This morning coming out of the train station downtown I saw a woman with what at first seemed to be a relatively common style - a thick braid of very dark hair ending around BSL with elastics at either end. Then she turned her head sharply and the braid moved to the side, revealing another braid just as thick immediately below it! Easily a iii.

endersworld
April 8th, 2016, 04:38 PM
I'm at a conference, and there was a young woman with absolutely gorgeous black hair - it had to be at least classic, if not fingertip length, and around 2b. The length of her hair weighed down the curl a bit, but the bottom was composed of the most lovely spiraling curls. She had about half of it up in a cinnamon bun (didn't see any hair toys, so I'm assuming it was held with pins of some kind) and the rest was just flowing loose.

I may or may not have kept a lookout for her for the rest of the evening, just so I could admire her hair again...:thudpile:
...Is that weird?

Todd
April 9th, 2016, 06:46 PM
I saw a classic-length segmented ponytail today.... On a guy! I was SO envious!

It was brown and shiny and it was all I could do to keep myself from staring. I probably should have complimented him!

mary*rose
April 9th, 2016, 06:58 PM
I currently work in comprehensive school (ages 7-16) and I'm kinda jealous, because there is LOTS of girl with waist to lower back length hair.

Probably because children are short and don't have to wait quite so long to have waist length hair!

Olavi
April 10th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Probably because children are short and don't have to wait quite so long to have waist length hair!

Actually, many of the older girls (~14-16 years old) are about the same heigh as me AND have waist length hair :D

Garnetgem
April 10th, 2016, 02:17 PM
I recently saw a guy with a dread lock down to the floor it was actually scraping the ground as he walked...and as he was very tall then you can imagine the length..

vpatt
April 10th, 2016, 03:57 PM
I complimented a lady today on her hip length hair. On Friday my daughter saw a lady with a stick in her hair....of course she doesn't know how long her hair was.

enting
April 13th, 2016, 07:21 AM
There was a woman on the same bus as me this week with gorgeous gray hair put up in a folded style with what looked like a beak clip. I couldn't tell how long her hair was, but the folded loop and the tail were just past shoulderlength, and the clip was pretty high on her head. I told her her hair is gorgeous, but couldn't bring myself to ask if she knew of LHC.

irishsapphire
April 14th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Every year at a day long series of lectures I attend twice a year, I see this lovely tall woman with floor length dark brown hair. Love her hair.

This year, it was shoulder length :( I don't know what happened, I don't even know who she is, but I loved watching for her to see how she was wearing her hair and to see if it was still floor length. It made me sad :(

Dovahkiin
April 14th, 2016, 07:09 PM
Every year at a day long series of lectures I attend twice a year, I see this lovely tall woman with floor length dark brown hair. Love her hair.

This year, it was shoulder length :( I don't know what happened, I don't even know who she is, but I loved watching for her to see how she was wearing her hair and to see if it was still floor length. It made me sad :(

I cut off all of my hair once, and was startled by how many people were very sad over my hair. I had no idea it was that big of a deal to them! It was very depressing, honestly. Just when I was reveling in the swish of my hair on my shoulders, the checkout clerk, or mail person would say something that made me feel pretty awful about it. :( Only cut your hair off if you're moving! ;) haha

curlylocks85
April 14th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Within the past 3 months, I have seen 7 men with long hair. 4 of them had pony tails and 1 had a braid. 1 had a bun and the other had a style my mother used to do on my hair when I was a child, which, is making a ponytail then putting elastics down the length. All of them had obviously taken care of their hair because all of them had thick well cared for hair. In my area, we have bikers come through a lot and it is easy, during the spring and summer, to see many men with long hair of various colors, lengths and styles.

spirals
April 14th, 2016, 08:46 PM
In my area, we have bikers come through a lot and it is easy, during the spring and summer, to see many men with long hair of various colors, lengths and styles.I heart bikers.

MlleMC
April 15th, 2016, 08:12 AM
I cut off all of my hair once, and was startled by how many people were very sad over my hair. I had no idea it was that big of a deal to them! It was very depressing, honestly. Just when I was reveling in the swish of my hair on my shoulders, the checkout clerk, or mail person would say something that made me feel pretty awful about it. :( Only cut your hair off if you're moving! ;) haha

Some of my friends actually told me that they'd be really sad if I cut my hair. I had been mentioning the thought of maybe getting a long pixie (not in the foreseeable future though).

Beatnik Guy
April 15th, 2016, 04:45 PM
I'd be sorry too. I guess she was tired of such long hair? Or thought people thought it was weird and unattractive?

For me, it also underlines how it is good to tell people that we think their long hair is awesome. :)

hobbitlocks
April 15th, 2016, 05:13 PM
~Two weeks ago a woman gave a research presentation my department with really beautiful blondette hair about waist length, wearing her hair down. I'm in a male-dominated field and so it was nice to see a long hair. Her presentation was REALLY good too. It was pretty cool.

teal
April 15th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Lately I've been seeing more men with longer ponytails (usually in the BSL to waist range). Also buns on men. I like it!

spirals
April 15th, 2016, 06:54 PM
I saw a man-bun in the wild. Does that count? He had an undercut and was a natural redhead. I like redheaded men and a bun is a plus.

Arctic
April 16th, 2016, 02:04 AM
I see beautiful hair everywhere (also short and medium lengths and styles).

One head of hair that is particularly stunning is one person from my uni. Currently her hair is probably between waist and BSL but it has been longer before she got kids. But regardless of length, she has the kind of hair that is absolutely stunning and attention grapping! It's the kind of hair that people recognize her from, the kind of hair people use to describe her. (The kind of hair I can imagine sometimes makes the person in question feel others only see the hair and not the person herself.)

It's what appears to be natural red (not very common here in Finland), very thick, long, healthy, bouncy. I am not sure if her hair is naturally curly or if she curls it, but it always seems to have perfect curls. It's very voluminous, like cloud of red awesomeness around her. She wear it down all the time at least at the uni settings (once I have seen it in a ponytail when she was in town with her kids. Then it appeared straighter, so I have a feeling she curls her hair, maybe with heatless methods as her hair seems so healthy).

Mavi
April 16th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Last night I saw some fantastic ankle length dreadlocks. This woman was a renegray, and her locks transitioned from silvers to bright red to this rich marroon colour in the perfect gradation. She also had super cool hair beads :)

spirals
April 18th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Movie sighting: http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/naturallyfrizzy/Screenshot%202016-04-18%20at%209.56.09%20PM.png

They're dancing and the blonde lady's hair is bouncing, but I think she's close to waist and it looks like natural wurls. All she'd have to do was put in finger waves and she was good to go. It's cool to see it down like that because ladies during the early '30s wore their hair up in public and you don't see loose hair much in photographs. She's wearing it down for rehearsal, but in scenes where she's actually performing it's pinned up.

molljo
May 9th, 2016, 01:35 AM
Yesterday, we went to this escape room (where you have one hour to solve a bunch of puzzles and break out of the room), and the girl who worked there who oversaw our room, gave hints, etc., had the most gorgeous hair. I felt like a weirdo because I couldn't stop looking at it. It was 2b-ish, hip length, light ginger/strawberry blonde, super shiny. Sooo pretty.

Fericera
May 9th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Movie sighting: http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt170/naturallyfrizzy/Screenshot%202016-04-18%20at%209.56.09%20PM.png

They're dancing and the blonde lady's hair is bouncing, but I think she's close to waist and it looks like natural wurls. All she'd have to do was put in finger waves and she was good to go. It's cool to see it down like that because ladies during the early '30s wore their hair up in public and you don't see loose hair much in photographs. She's wearing it down for rehearsal, but in scenes where she's actually performing it's pinned up.

Oh wow that is really unusual for the 30s. I wish I knew her story. Good catch!

lithostoic
May 9th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Couple weeks ago I was at a local pizza joint and had two sightings. One was an 11ish year old girl with natural light ash blonde 2b/2c wurls at about BSL. Second one was a tall mousy/strawberry blondette with 1a/1b m ii texture. She had it in a half up English braid that used only the crown/back circular section.

spirals
May 9th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Oh wow that is really unusual for the 30s. I wish I knew her story. Good catch!

I'm guessing it's akin to our going to the gym with undone hair--you know, thrown in a messy bun or ponytail. She wouldn't have worn it down like that anywhere beside dance rehearsal. Even in performance they put their hair up.

-Fern
May 12th, 2016, 03:41 PM
I saw a gentleman today with his ponytail reaching to at least TBL. It was in perfect health, shiny, no split ends, and a good dash of waves in the mix, too. I complimented him on it and he said he had been growing it out for 13 years!

MariaPon
May 13th, 2016, 02:53 AM
So I saw the most amazing hair today.... I work in a store in a mall and a girl around 14 years old walked in with her friend. She had waist length bright brown-orange hair (natural ginger color) and it was super thick and wavy-wurly and shiny and I felt like such a creep lurking around her staring at it and just wanting to see it move and bounce around :bigeyes:
I sure do hope little miss redhead knows how lucky she is :heart:

irodaryne
May 14th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Early this week I saw a woman with what looked like a nautilus bun held up with claw clips. At first I mistook it for a disc bun so I walked up and asked her, "Oh is that a disc bun!" She gave me this look and said "this is my real hair."

I thought I found an LHC-er in the wild but alas. I did not. I then explained to her how there are a bunch of different buns you can do with really long hair and they all have different names. She didn't realize there were so many.

Jennah
May 15th, 2016, 12:31 AM
The long haired girl singer of this Uruguayan pop group. Look how cute she is! And the song is also pretty cute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pTOlKTzdpM

Fluffy Squirrel
May 15th, 2016, 06:38 AM
Went to a medieval market on Saturday and saw many nice updos and longhairs :)

spirals
May 15th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Saw one of the church's neighbors--building is in a residential block--and she had espresso-colored 1c tailbone hair, worn loose. Looked like a V or U hemline from the side. It was so shiny.

Groovy Granny
May 15th, 2016, 12:24 PM
The only long hair my age at Church was there yesterday with her 2 daughters....both had gorgeous hip length ringlets; one red head, the other strawberry blonde :thud:
The Mom has mousey brown hair with silver coming in; dull and a bit frizzy...always worn down with a headband (WL)and an occasional twist or braid in Summer.
She could use lessons from her daughters lol :wink:

Seeshami
May 15th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Anyone at Shakin' it for Safe house in Denver, yes that was the Naughty Mess. And no I have no idea why our music was weird and cut lyrics out, and yes when I offer you the end of my braid it means go ahead touch my hair. (At your own risk. He's been trying to learn to bite for years)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 15th, 2016, 04:27 PM
I saw a woman in the grocery store several days ago in her mid 60s with long undyed hair in a ponytail. We talked about hair, she told me she has never dyed her hair, that she has always loved long hair and that her father used to like long hair as well. She has been told many times that she should cut it short but never does. She said that her hair is Classic length at present. So this is her hair in the pony tail, you can't actually see her head, it's all pony tail. She allowed me to take her photo to share it with you guys provided I didn't show her face. I showed her the photo after I took it.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF3761.jpg

pili
May 15th, 2016, 04:50 PM
That's refreshing!

In college I worked at our town library. One of our patrons was an older woman, maybe in her late 70s/early 80s, who always wore her hair in a beautiful high braided bun. It was a heavily silvered blonde and THICK! I never told her, but she is/was one of my hair idols. She is probably gone as this was more than twenty years ago, but I will never forget her hair.

spirals
May 15th, 2016, 05:03 PM
She is probably gone as this was more than twenty years ago, but I will never forget her hair.I'm going to imagine that after she passed her friends and family that wanted them were given locks of her beautiful hair to remember her by.

JustPam
May 16th, 2016, 02:33 AM
Walking into work this morning I saw a woman with classic length black dreadlocks, they were really thick too!

Shepherdess
May 16th, 2016, 02:41 AM
I saw a woman in the grocery store several days ago in her mid 60s with long undyed hair in a ponytail. We talked about hair, she told me she has never dyed her hair, that she has always loved long hair and that her father used to like long hair as well. She has been told many times that she should cut it short but never does. She said that her hair is Classic length at present. So this is her hair in the pony tail, you can't actually see her head, it's all pony tail. She allowed me to take her photo to share it with you guys provided I didn't show her face. I showed her the photo after I took it.
That sounds like a lovely experience, and she has beautiful hair!! :)

lapis_lazuli
May 16th, 2016, 08:12 AM
I forgot to post about this: I was visiting the University of Guelph, Ontario last week and holy moly!!! I saw at least 5 girls with classic+ hair, loose or braided. I have the urge to go there for school, I would be among my people! ;) :laugh:

Mademoiselle
May 16th, 2016, 09:05 AM
http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF3761.jpg[/QUOTE]

That is awesome, beautifull hair :blossom:

MlleMC
May 16th, 2016, 09:20 AM
Yesterday at church, there was a teenage girl a couple rows in front of me with 4b or 4c hair almost at APL shrunk. It was gorgeous, and so thick that it was wider than her body, even her shoulders and hips!

Shepherdess
May 19th, 2016, 09:40 PM
I saw a few ladies with waist length hair when I was up town today. I also saw more men with long hair than usual. There was one fellow at Wal-Mart who had a near waist length brown braid, and it looked very healthy and of medium thickness too.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 19th, 2016, 09:45 PM
That sounds like a lovely experience, and she has beautiful hair!! :)

She does, and good on her for never bowing to pressure to chop it off or dye it. She also said that when she was younger she had knee length hair :)

enting
May 20th, 2016, 03:59 AM
I posted this on the Salt and Pepper thread, too. I was in the food court at a mall today and saw a woman sitting at a table nearby with a long salt and pepper braid all the way down her back, wearing a silver top. I couldn't tell if her darker hair was black or a very dark gray, but it was threaded throughout with white and silver. I told DH to look over, because she has gorgeous hair, and it matches her shirt! I think she may have heard me, as she glanced over soon after that. I hope she wasn't offended by my commenting and not to her directly.

papayatree
May 21st, 2016, 09:31 AM
I don't consider this a sighting, but every day during second block, there is this girl with beautiful, blonde, tailbone length, 1c hair and I have wanted to mention LHC to her, and she is only 17 years old!

MlleMC
May 24th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Yesterday I saw a woman with classic length at the grocery store. It was very straight, and she wore it down.

lillielil
May 24th, 2016, 10:38 AM
At least once week I think I see a tailbone-length thick U hemline. It turns out to be a hair-colored backpack.

I work at a college and don't have the best eyesight.

PurpleKitty11
May 24th, 2016, 10:58 AM
On the weekend i went to a christian book store and saw a women with knee length hair! i was so mesmerized since this was the first time ive seen hair that long in person!

papayatree
May 28th, 2016, 08:22 PM
My family went out to dinner, and one of the waitresses had a Hip length, 2a blonde ponytail. It was in good condition, however She didn't come to our table. :(

Complexity
May 28th, 2016, 08:30 PM
We were getting gas last week sometime, and there's an LCBO (liquor store) across the street from the station; a woman (I would guess in her early to mid-fifties) with classic length blonde/silver hair was going into it and I couldn't help but stare.

I also couldn't help but want to tell her to put it up LOL - It was a super windy day and from where I was sitting her hair looked pretty fine. Then I spent three to five minutes talking to DBF about what a mess my hair would have been to detangle had I worn it down that day :p

AZDesertRose
May 29th, 2016, 06:25 AM
While Kiddo was in the hospital for her appendectomy (she got discharged early yesterday afternoon), I was walking from the parking garage to the elevators to go to her room behind a woman with lovely golden blonde hair held back by a headband but otherwise loose. She had a V hemline but the longest bits were "Can I call this classic?" and I couldn't tell if the waves were braid waves or if her natural texture was slightly wavy, but she had lovely hair.

I also think she was maybe not super young, for those of us who get flak for being too old for long hair. I'm horrible at guessing people's ages by appearance, but I'd guess she was at least in her mid-thirties.

Lucy Elizabeth
May 29th, 2016, 10:09 AM
I saw two this past week at my work! (Walmart)

The first I was grabbing a tea at the McDonald's inside of my work on my break and I saw a family of long-hairs! I'm pretty sure they were a Sikh family as the young boy was wearing a Rumal. One girl had a knee length braid and the other had a tailbone length ponytail!

Then yesterday I saw a man with lower calf-length hair :thud:

lithostoic
May 29th, 2016, 12:53 PM
There's a woman who comes into my work with reddish blonette hair, probably 1b or 1c, past classic.

Estrid
May 29th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Completely forgot to search for this thread!

A week or two ago I saw a woman with midthigh-length black hair, I don't think I've seen anyone (irl) with that long hair before.

Cg
May 31st, 2016, 09:34 AM
At Hartsfield airport, a ticket agent with plaits past TBL. Did not have opportunity to ask him how long it took to get there. He was well over 6 feet, so obviously a while.

Shepherdess
June 3rd, 2016, 06:35 PM
Today when I was at WalMart looking at the conditioners in the conditioner and shampoo isle, a lady walked up and showed me some Garnier curling cream that was on a sale rack that she had found and said that she thought I might be interested in it. I had my hair up in a bun, so it probably wasn't obvious that I have curly hair, but I thought it was very nice of her to do that (I don't think she was an employee). I decided not to get the cream after all though since it did contain cones in it, though I thought it was nice and she made me think of this place for some reason. ;) She had pretty wavy past shoulder length hair (I think, I didn't get a good look at the length) that might have been bleached, though it looked like she kept it well conditioned and it was pretty.

Atarah
June 3rd, 2016, 08:40 PM
A man was out walking his dogs past our house (not sure if he just moved in around here or what, seen them about three times); straight, almost waist length, starting to grey hair.

Last week I was at the fabric store and one of the employees had a quite thick braid that ended about hip length.

RavenMane
June 4th, 2016, 12:40 AM
At a wedding last weekend two pretty girls came onto the dance floor with attention-grabbing hair. One had medium-brown, straight, past-hip length hair. It was in decent health and would have been stunning by itself. But the other girl's slightly darker, THICK, straight, smooth, past tailbone length hair stole the show. Her hemline was so straight and blunt it looked like she had it cut right before the event. Both girls wore their hair completely down. I told them I was jealous of both of their hair.

Arctic
June 4th, 2016, 12:56 AM
I saw an older lady yesterday (I am terrible at guessing ages, but I'd say she was at least 60), she had a braided ponytail down to almost hip length. Her hair seemed to be naturally very dark brown, and it had a sprinklings of silvers. Still very dark colour. It was really beautiful.

Hypothesis
June 4th, 2016, 06:12 AM
A lady I've been training for work has had a very impressive work bun the last few training sessions we've had, but today she had it in a quick pony and I was incredibly awestruck with her classic hair length. I'll probably only ever see her again at meetings but it was still a wonderful sight to behold. I haven't seen someone in real life with classic length hair.
Certainly reaffirmed my goal to keep growing my hair.

MlleMC
June 4th, 2016, 05:10 PM
I saw too this week. The first was a lady at the grocery store with greying hair past TBL, almost classic. She was wearing it down, and it looked pretty healthy. Then the next day I saw a little girl, about 6, with beautiful hip length hair.

teal
June 6th, 2016, 02:13 PM
There's a girl in my office who has longer hair than I do! I saw her ponytail swinging around knee last week.

brickworld13
June 8th, 2016, 11:34 AM
DBF spotted a gentleman with calf length dreads while we were grocery shopping. I missed it at first because I was too busy doing the shopping. Well turns out he was right in front of us at the checkout line. Over 6 feet tall with calf length dreads in really good shape. I was too stunned by the hair and annoyed by having to stand at the chekout for over 30 minutes to remember to mention LHC. :oops: I'm sure I will see him again. He appeared to be a regular shopper.

Magalo
June 9th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Saw a young girl (maybe 10?) crossing the street. She had twin braids that, pulled to the front, reached past her hipbones. Jet black hair. I was impressed. :)

nakima
June 10th, 2016, 02:18 PM
I saw the most adorable little girl at the store yesterday she was about 5 and had classic length hair that fell in the most beautiful light brown ringlets and very healthy. Her mom takes good care of her hair :)

Angela_Rose
June 10th, 2016, 11:11 PM
Behind The Copper Door restaurant in Bedford, NH, today. I saw her from a distance, but a calf length, shiny copper ponytail! Gorgeous.

Mademoiselle
June 11th, 2016, 07:48 AM
I saw the most beautiful hair I've ever seen in person in my life last year, but we will never forget LoL:thud:
A girl with very big hair ringlets and waist +, had long looked thick, silky and shiny, I could not stop looking at her hair really she gave me a lot of envy :crush:
Waist + is not very long in LHC, but this hair really look dreamprincesshair =O

nakima
June 11th, 2016, 12:58 PM
I know what you mean, sometimes I see the most beautiful hair and it makes me a little envious as well. I have fine hair and I just love long thick wavy hair ha! always want what I don't have lol!

Mademoiselle
June 11th, 2016, 05:27 PM
I know what you mean, sometimes I see the most beautiful hair and it makes me a little envious as well. I have fine hair and I just love long thick wavy hair ha! always want what I don't have lol!

Thats true ! always want what I don't have :agree:
Me to my hair: when are you going to look like that? when are you going to have a good day?:patrol:
:misskim:

spirals
June 11th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Had a customer with copper red 1b ponytail that ended about her hips. I had to strain to see the length because she was facing me, but I'm sure it was past waist. And a real live man-bun just walked past me. <3

samanthaa
June 13th, 2016, 09:03 AM
Yesterday while walking around the city I saw this man with a TBL+ sectioned ponytail. His hair must have been classic at least when worn down! Also spotted a woman wearing a 4-prong hair fork in her bun; I wonder how long her hair was!

brickworld13
June 14th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Indirect sighting encounter. A friend of mine works in Houston. He saw a girl at his work wearing a hard hat with a braid that was somewhere between hip and classic. He just had to describe it for me because she apparently reminded him of me. I was flattered.

PixieP
June 15th, 2016, 07:18 AM
So every year around mid June there is the theatre festival in my hometown. The opening night show us outside, and free for everyone to attend. The main attraction this year was Burnt Out Punks, a swedish group of acrobats, pyritechnics and comedy. They had a woman with them, a petite little woman, who had her hair in a really high ponytail, it was braided and the braid hung about down to TBL. At one point of the act she had a flaming baton stucj to the end of her braid and she was swinging it around! It looked super cool, but her poor hair XD And when she was doing acrobatics in the air on the swing it looked so cool with her long braid whipping around!

notnotevil
June 18th, 2016, 10:54 AM
A few months ago, I saw a guy on campus with beautiful blond TBL hair, wearing it loose. It was in between classes and I somehow I ended up not complimenting him on it. I don't think I'll be able to resist it if I see him again, though.
It's the longest hair I've seen on a guy (in my town), and among the top 5 people with long and healthy hair that I've seen. It's really admirable!! :bounce:

P.S. I used to know a girl back when I was a kid, who had healthy, dark knee-length hair. Everyone (friends and random strangers, young and old!) wanted her to cut it off for some reason... I saw her recently and she is indeed sporting layered APL :-( This place is not long-hair friendly... (Although any style out of the ordinary seems to be sparse :-( )

spirals
June 18th, 2016, 07:53 PM
P.S. I used to know a girl back when I was a kid, who had healthy, dark knee-length hair. Everyone (friends and random strangers, young and old!) wanted her to cut it off for some reason

Reason being their hair is ugly and they smell! Yes, I'm being petulant and childish, but I hate the long hair hate so much.

notnotevil
June 19th, 2016, 06:01 AM
Reason being their hair is ugly and they smell! Yes, I'm being petulant and childish, but I hate the long hair hate so much.

Hahaha, I can see what you mean. Most of the people who really hate on long hair just don't know how to take care of theirs and project it onto the people who do.
I didn't think much of it at the time but now I'm really sad that she was so pressured to cut it :-(

MlleMC
June 20th, 2016, 09:58 PM
I saw a little girl, maybe 8 years old, with beautiful mid-thigh hair at the library today.

nakima
June 21st, 2016, 11:57 AM
I went to the store yesterday and it seemed everyone had long hair! and most had hip length I couldn't believe it ha!

Saige
June 22nd, 2016, 10:12 PM
I saw a woman with gorgeous dark brown TBL hair this morning. It looked so long and healthy. Then I realised that mine is even longer! :p

Ackvelina
June 29th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Sorry for a slight derail:
To the lhc:er that wrote on the swedish " familjeliv"-forum: I saw you;)

enting
July 2nd, 2016, 03:13 PM
I saw a woman at the bus stop with a shining sheet of straight dark hair nearly down to the bench she was sitting on. Perfectly thick, blunt, and straight across hemline, too. Getting off of a different bus, I saw a man with nearly APL wurly silver hair with a solid V hemline. He got off at the same stop I did. I wanted to compliment him, but was too chicken/thought it might be weird.

curlylocks85
July 2nd, 2016, 03:48 PM
I thought this would be a fun thread to share sightings of long hair around you, any interesting stories, given compliments, etc. If there's already a thread like this, mods feel free to let me know and delete this, sorry!

Today I saw the cutest little Indian girl with two braids all the way to her knees, each one three times thicker than my entire single braid ever was! She was with what looked like her grandmother, her head was covered so I couldn't see her hair, but the little girl's hair obviously had been well cared for.

I saw a girl walking down the street, while I was driving, and she wore it down, it was classic length and looked well cared for.
I saw a women in Wal-Mart with a braid that reached classic length, very beautiful.

PixieP
July 2nd, 2016, 04:29 PM
I saw Rihanna today with waist+ hair, but I'm guessing it's at least partially extensions XD

AZDesertRose
July 2nd, 2016, 06:48 PM
I saw a woman at the supermarket (employee at the customer service desk) with long black hair, braided. The braid was past classic length and quite thick. She was on the phone so I didn't want to bother her while she was obviously busy at work just to admire her hair, but it was pretty.

lithostoic
July 2nd, 2016, 06:50 PM
Woman came in today, strawberry blonde going silver. Braided pony ended at around hip. Probably ii/iii thickness.

JadedByEntropy
July 2nd, 2016, 08:17 PM
on break from college, i went bowling in my hometown, and there were at least 5 girls who were maybe 5' with dark shiny straight hair to bcl and tbl..all in V cuts. i was shocked. also, a blond with classic blunt waves i soo admired. I would have said something, but mine was in a bun and thought it would be weird if i didn't obviously relate.

Shepherdess
July 3rd, 2016, 01:12 AM
A couple of days ago I saw a lady with long silver hair that was down to about her hips (I think), and then I saw another lady with tailbone length auburn hair at wal-mart.

Garnetgem
July 3rd, 2016, 07:33 AM
I saw a child with her mother she was only about 5 years old but her hair was floor length and golden blonde..beautiful,she was browsing the hair toys in a store gosh she was so excited as she picked them out very giggly..as she walked away to pay for her goods her hair swished about..lovely!

ephemeri
July 3rd, 2016, 07:51 AM
A few weeks ago I met a friend of a friend who happened to have long hair. It was either TBL or hip, I can't remember. It was very pretty and suited her well and I had to restrain myself from asking if she was a LHC-er.... because that would be inappropriate, right? :confused: :eyebrows: :agree: :shrug:

MlleMC
July 4th, 2016, 08:13 AM
The other day at the clothing store, one employee had TBL hair, dark brown, thick and naturally wavy.

spirals
July 6th, 2016, 02:29 PM
I just saw a little girl (maybe 5?): 1c blonette, V hemline, the point of which hits classic. It's easier when you're 3 feet tall, but still impressive.

Groovy Granny
July 10th, 2016, 07:08 PM
At dinner out tonight I saw a waitress with a perfect inverted French braid topped with a fan bun; it was very pretty :thumbsup:

Spinder
July 17th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Yesterday I saw a man with fingertip length dreadlocks. All I could say was, WOW!

Tosca
July 21st, 2016, 08:54 PM
I went to a new pharmacy to fill my prescription, and the pharmacy tech had the most beautiful plaited ponytail. It was about hip length and about as thick as my wrist. And the loveliest light auburn colour. I wanted to compliment her on it but she was very busy, so I didn't. Maybe if I get served by her again I will.

spirals
July 21st, 2016, 09:40 PM
I went to a new pharmacy to fill my prescription, and the pharmacy tech had the most beautiful plaited ponytail.

I never ponytail it before braiding. Maybe I should; it might hold better.

omega
July 23rd, 2016, 09:03 PM
Was in town for a yearly 1-day event called Sisters Outdoor Quilt Walk when I stopped to go into a special coffee lodge. Coming out the door, crossing the street and passing me was a beautifully dressed woman in full Native American womens Jingle dress regalia. It was customized for the day...pastel squares pieced to create a bodice while the entire outfit was covered in gorgeous stamped sterling cones. Boots too. Feathers in the hair with one long plait down her back ending around calf. It could only be Crystal Gayle, right?!

kattmara
July 24th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I recently saw a woman with light (almost white) blonde hair in a braid to about TBL, I don't know if it was bleached or natural but it was very striking against her dark blue work uniform. I wanted to say something but I didn't want to disturb her and we where moving away from each other and I didn't want to be weird and run after either haha!

I also got "sighted" myself a couple of days ago, someone came up to me and said that my hair was long and that he himself had long hair so I asked him why he had it up in a bun if he liked it and he told me that it was so hard to do a bun for him so he wanted to keep it up for as long as possible that night. After that he "sighted" one my friends sitting next to me who also has long hair (in a bun) and said "you know what I'm talking about!;)", smiled and was dragged away by his less drunk friend; it made me happy actually since I don't mind talking about hair even with strangers if they are polite, it doesn't happen that often where I live now compared to my hometown which is a much bigger city.

Oh, and I also see a friend of a friend sometimes and she has straight (and shiny!) chocolate-brown hip/tailbone length hair with a blunt hemline and always wears it out like me, so inspiring!

spirals
July 24th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Saw a curly today with a side braid that went to hip in front. Given that that takes up length as well as the curls in her tassel, I'm thinking it might be classic stretched. It looked to be 3b.

Aldonza
August 7th, 2016, 07:00 AM
I went to the movies last night and saw a girl sitting in front who had beautiful light blond 1a hair down to classic length. It was so shiny! She was the first person I've noticed with what I think of as "LONG-long" hair since I joined LHC, so I guess not a lot of people in my area wear their hair long. Funny, I didn't really notice that kind of thing before!

AZDesertRose
August 7th, 2016, 07:50 AM
I went for a pedicure a few days ago, and the nail tech giving the pedicure to the person across from me was an Asian woman with that gorgeous, perfectly straight, blue-black hair that Asian people sometimes have (and which I envy like whoa!), and it was up in what looked like an infinity bun on the very top of the back of her head. I'm not sure how long it was since it was up, but it looked like it was probably either quite long or quite thick or both, by the size of the bun.

Calypso
August 7th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Last week I went to the Globe theatre and there was a girl in front of me with a braid about mid-calf length. It was so beautiful! I wanted to tell her so, but I didn't get a chance, so if it was any of you guys, know that I'm seriously impressed! :)

AmberJewel
August 7th, 2016, 09:40 PM
Last week in Walmart I saw a lady with very nice hair in a ponytail that fell to just past Classic length. It was brown and straight, and she had a kid with her. In Missouri. I wanted to ask if she was on LHC but didn't want to be... weird...

:)

Tosca
August 7th, 2016, 11:49 PM
I saw a lady with blonde mid-thigh hair in my shopping centre car park last week. She wore it out, held off her face with a hard headband.

A friend told me that there's a lady with knee length hair that does the local markets. I wonder if she sells hair sticks...

gthlvrmx
August 14th, 2016, 05:29 PM
I saw a man at the grocery store (maybe the same one for a second time) with maybe waist length hair in a braid. It looked amazing! I think he also took a quick look at my nautilus hairstick half up :)

MlleMC
August 14th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Yesterday, just as I was arriving at the grocery store, I saw an older woman come out. She has salt and pepper TBL to classic length hair, and she wore it in a long ponytail. I'd seen her before at that same store, but this time we exchanged a glance and a smile as she also noticed my hair (which was down to dry).

AZDesertRose
August 14th, 2016, 06:58 PM
I saw a young woman walking with a young man today (as I was driving to the supermarket to snag some food that didn't require cooking as I don't feel up to cooking :sick: ), and the young woman had thick black hair that, braided, was easily hip length. So pretty!

irodaryne
August 23rd, 2016, 11:02 AM
At work yesterday I saw a lady with a past-classic braid!

Arctic
August 23rd, 2016, 01:35 PM
I saw a Trolleypup-lookalike few weeks ago. He had his hair only to midback length, and I saw him from a distance but sure enough, it could have been Trolleypup :)

ashke50
August 23rd, 2016, 06:12 PM
I saw a woman on the tube with an incredible plait. The top of the plait was nearly as thick as my wrist, and the end of the tassel was nearly at her knees. It was amazing!

sumidha
August 24th, 2016, 08:13 PM
A few days ago I saw a guy with classic length wavy hair at the super market, and one of the employees at the Costco closest to me has a classic length braid. :)

trolleypup
August 24th, 2016, 09:22 PM
A woman at Walgreens with a near classic blunt cut...and a LOT of hair...wavy still trying to triangle! Had a brief chat, she bemoaning being accused of extensions, something you really don't get so much of with FTE. I did not go into hair care that might encourage wave definition and reduce POOFINESS!wow!

Shepherdess
August 24th, 2016, 09:30 PM
I saw a lady in the WalMart parking lot with long silky brown classic length hair (possibly slightly longer) this evening. I haven't seen hair that long while up town in quite a while. :)