PDA

View Full Version : Stall in Summer?

Eden_Rayn
August 1st, 2010, 04:30 PM
Alright for the past two months my hair has not grown. I have just trimmed off 1/2" today. I do not under stand the reason for the stall I eat healthy and I am active. I do not take any biotin ect as they are somewhat expensive and me and DH can't afford them yet. Is their anything I can do to boast the growth without bioten?

:confused:

Cleopatra18
August 1st, 2010, 04:31 PM
same here..bumping for responses.

spidermom
August 1st, 2010, 04:36 PM
You just need patience. If you've had a lot of hair cuts, even though your hair is not very long, those longest hairs may have reached the end of their growing phase and will be shedding out. However, your newer, shorter hairs are growing, and soon they will be longer than your current longest hairs. Don't cut unless you absolutely need it, and you may find that the length potential is much longer than your current length.

I hope that made sense; I'm SO tired from working overtime.

lillylonghair
August 1st, 2010, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the biotin. I started taking it a few weeks ago and have thrown out my bottle due to horrible breakouts from it.

I say wear your hair up for a while and forget about it:)

Nevada Rose
August 1st, 2010, 04:48 PM
You might want to go at least 6 months without trimming. You'll see some growth then. Trim a little, but don't trim off your new growth length. You wouldn't want to defeat your purpose.

shawty
August 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM
I would say alter your diet. I know you eat healthy, and keep the way you eat now almost intact as a sort of background diet. But here's how I've been growing my hair:
1) Increase your protein intake.
2) Eat loads of cucumber! Like a whole one or a half of one every day. It contains silica, which is the thing in horsetail that makes it a good hair suppliment.
3) As a source of biotin, eat dark leafy greens such as swiss chard.
4) Massage your scalp every day to stimulate blood flow.

I got my hair to grow 1/2 inch in a little over two weeks by doing this and taking a multivitamin. Best of luck!

jackiesjottings
August 2nd, 2010, 05:47 AM
I stall a bit in summer for some reason which is the opposite to most people. So maybe you are a summer staller too?

triumphator!
August 2nd, 2010, 06:29 AM
I definitely stall in the summer and grow like crazy in the winter. Don't be worried about it :)

myotislucifugus
August 2nd, 2010, 06:42 AM
I think I just became a summer staller... I'm not terrible worried though, you'll come out of it, just like me.

Didn't know that about cucumber... How exciting!

curlylocks85
August 2nd, 2010, 08:57 AM
I think I may have stalled too. I have not really checked my length progress, but my hair feels like it is no longer than it was in May. I hope it has grown though. I will know better next month.

tinti
August 2nd, 2010, 09:09 AM
I'm not stalling. And I don't do anything special to grow my hair. I eat 3 meals a day, healthy and one filled withproteins at least, I don't walk too much, just down to the grocery store, and that's all I do. Still my hair is growing over an inch :) NIce!