PDA

View Full Version : Model flaunts her gorgeous grey hair!

manderly
August 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM
Thought LHC and the Renegrays would enjoy this :D There's hope for us yet.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1299423/Daring-grey-The-45-year-old-model-bucking-trend-revealing-true-hair-colour.html

Luckysock
August 1st, 2010, 03:23 PM
wow her hair is such as beautiful shade of gray! and the whole length is already fully gray - do you think she has done any chemical processes to get it to that colour?

TammySue
August 1st, 2010, 03:27 PM
My Mom just gave me her latest Vogue magazine and this model is featured in it! Yay for silver! :cheese:

jaine
August 1st, 2010, 03:29 PM
It says she stopped coloring 6 years ago. The lack of eyebrows weirds me out a little but her hair is lovely!

Jasperine
August 1st, 2010, 03:31 PM
I really hope it's her own! you can see some differences in the colour, especially just by her forhead. It really is amazing, grey hair!!

Gumball
August 1st, 2010, 03:43 PM
Wow her hair is looking great! She shows off the silver very well. I hope she helps get things rolling even better for acceptance of going gray. It shouldn't be frowned upon or hidden!

dropinthebucket
August 1st, 2010, 03:47 PM
It's SOOOO long and beautiful!!! thnx for posting this Manderley! :)

ravenreed
August 1st, 2010, 03:48 PM
Hmm. While I am all about embracing whatever style makes one happy, I am not overly impressed with this photo. I agree, she needs some eyebrows. I also think that in her case, either her hair color or style makes her look a lot older than she is. I would not have guessed 45. Or it is just a really bad photo. I don't know.

I know women her age that are grey and it is a lot more flattering on them.

spidermom
August 1st, 2010, 04:42 PM
That looks prettier than any dyed hair I have ever seen.

lillylonghair
August 1st, 2010, 04:45 PM
Wow! Her look is just stunning. I think she kind of rocks the no eyebrows thing.

Nevada Rose
August 1st, 2010, 04:51 PM
Absolutely beautiful and elegant.

shawty
August 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM
There's a woman who attends my church with gray & white hair which is somewhere between waist and tailbone length. You can see about an inch of brown at the end, fading up into the gray. This is not the result of a past dye. This is her natural color, still left from BEFORE her hair was gray. It's the most amazing, unusual thing to see.

She's kinda my hero.

Jenn of Pence
August 1st, 2010, 05:28 PM
I sorta hope that I won't be that gray by 45...but I'm evidently working on it. ;) It helps that there seems to be a trend that way, but heck, one thing I like about long hair is that it bucks the trends. So I guess I will strive to be a maverick in hair length and color!

Drynwhyl
August 1st, 2010, 05:45 PM
ooh, she's actually very pretty! (no eyebrows thing too)
I love long grey hair. Go Renegrays! :D

pepperminttea
August 1st, 2010, 05:48 PM
Is it just me that worries a little when things they like come into fashion? For me it's usually a heads up that in about a year I'm going to be told how "last season" something is, when I don't follow trends at all, I just wear what I like and what's comfortable.

In or out of fashion, silver hair is beautiful.

lapushka
August 1st, 2010, 05:52 PM
Hmm. While I am all about embracing whatever style makes one happy, I am not overly impressed with this photo.

Maybe it's the lack of make-up? If this pic were to have been taken with different lighting and with the model wearing make-up, I'm sure it would look (even more) spectacular.

I don't know what I'd do if I was gray all over at 45, though it's safe to say I'd probably not be as accepting.

adiapalic
August 1st, 2010, 05:52 PM
Fascinating! Gorgeous! I love seeing things like this. :)

Meagan
August 1st, 2010, 05:53 PM
She looks scary, she looks like a walking dead person.

Juneii
August 1st, 2010, 06:11 PM
Ignoring the fact that her eyebrows are bleached, the gray looks good on her :D I hope my hair looks like that when I'm old

mellie
August 1st, 2010, 06:15 PM
Yay Renegrays!! Thanks Manderly! :cheer:

wahmof9
August 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
Love it thanks for sharing this and kudos for her! I love it when people accept the way they are without making aplogies! Same as when Kira Knightly (SP?) refused to have her breasts enlarged even on pictures...way to go!

longblondetan
August 1st, 2010, 07:25 PM
loving the confidence to go grey. beautiful.

Drynwhyl
August 1st, 2010, 07:37 PM
She looks scary, she looks like a walking dead person.

hah, I do have an attraction towards a "walking dead" style :P

boomtownrat
August 1st, 2010, 07:49 PM
She is my hair idol in both colour and length. By the time I'm 45 maybe my hair will be that long - it's already about the same amount of silver. :)

ghost
August 1st, 2010, 08:26 PM
She's very beautiful.
I love her silvery hair, and I think the no eyebrows look makes her face look haunting and arresting -it stops you in your tracks.

My dad has beautiful silvery-white hair like hers, and it's so soft...I hope my hair goes grey just like theirs; I wouldn't even mind if it happened early in my life.

Cosmicfish
August 1st, 2010, 08:32 PM
It is very beautiful though I'd be more impressed if she started modeling before making these ''statements'' being a well established model she can and is known to pave the way.

christine1989
August 1st, 2010, 09:07 PM
I hope my hair looks that good gray someday :). I also love the dress in the second picture!

Nae
August 1st, 2010, 09:12 PM
She is my hair idol in both colour and length. By the time I'm 45 maybe my hair will be that long - it's already about the same amount of silver. :)

Well, goodness BTR, I would think you might be past that length by the time you are her age!! You have tons of time before you are 45. :cheese:

Tressie
August 1st, 2010, 09:16 PM
It's lovely! I didn't even notice her eyebrows, LOL~ (o:

ravenreed
August 1st, 2010, 11:26 PM
I don't think it's lack of make up. Not many women where I am now wear much makeup (as opposed to California, where I am from), so I am used to seeing plain faces. I guess the whole look just doesn't do anything for me. I think it is more dramatic than attractive. Something is making her look older. Maybe it is the lack of eyebrows. :confused:

I also am not at all impressed that a model is making a statement, which implies that we need permission from the fashion industry to go grey. Women should have grey hair or not have grey hair because they want to, not because some face on a magazine finally says it's okay to do so.

They're her face/hair/eyebrows/etc. I certainly don't have to approve of how she looks. I will probably never see her again since I pay no attention to fashion magazines or anything like that.

Personally, I don't mind grey, but I hate looking patchy. If I could go grey overnight, I might stop dyeing. Then again, I am not dyeing to avoid the greys, I am dyeing because I like the color my hair is now, so maybe not... My mom is completely grey, as is her sister, and I think they both look great.

Maybe it's the lack of make-up? If this pic were to have been taken with different lighting and with the model wearing make-up, I'm sure it would look (even more) spectacular.

I don't know what I'd do if I was gray all over at 45, though it's safe to say I'd probably not be as accepting.

maria_asa
August 2nd, 2010, 03:53 AM
I love her hair but I'm not overly keen on her overall appearance. I googled her though and found some stunning pictures (also with her hair grey).

mali
August 2nd, 2010, 04:46 AM
Her hair is GORGEOUS! :eyebrows: But she's 45 and she has grey hair?My grandmother is 73 and she has naturally black hair,dye-free,no gray streaks! And my mom is 43 and not even a dime gray! They must be weirdos,haha! :taz:

freckles
August 2nd, 2010, 05:21 AM
it's gorgeous hair! I agree she looks a bit "off" in the first picture, it's not a totally flattering picture, but I don't look my best every day either :p Like maria_asa said, there are some really gorgeous photos of her on google, many of them with grey hair :)

jackiesjottings
August 2nd, 2010, 05:42 AM
Wow! It looks fabulous :))

Rini
August 2nd, 2010, 06:05 AM
Oh wow. This pic is awesome: http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/07/kristen_mcmenamy_lets_her_long.html

The comments that appeared on the webpage the OP posted were pretty nasty about grey hair though (if you scroll down under the article). I fear those comments are probably not uncommon. People on LHC are far more accepting and appreciative of how beautiful silver hair can be. I wish the world were like LHC :D

eresh
August 2nd, 2010, 08:59 AM
Ooooh beautiful!

SurprisingWoman
August 2nd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Her hair is GORGEOUS! :eyebrows: But she's 45 and she has grey hair?My grandmother is 73 and she has naturally black hair,dye-free,no gray streaks! And my mom is 43 and not even a dime gray! They must be weirdos,haha! :taz:

Trust me, you can be completely gray at 45. :p

mali
August 2nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Trust me, you can be completely gray at 45. :p
I know!:) I didn't say you can't.It just looks weird to me because I have a family that is gray-free..Anyway,her hair is verry pretty!:oAnd yours too!:)

restourceful
August 2nd, 2010, 11:08 AM
Here (http://www.bellasugar.com/Kristen-McMenamy-Gray-Hair-Pictures-From-Vogue-Dazed-Confused-9128895) are some more photos which are a little more flattering than the one in the OP. Hit the link to view all the photos.

I'm another who grayed early. I stopped coloring in late 2005 and have never looked back. I LOVE my silvers! :inlove:

Eolan
August 2nd, 2010, 11:49 AM
I just cannot get over how incredibly beautiful her hair is. Love the color, but also the condition of it. It's so sleek and smooth and thick and frizz free... Total envy!