PDA

View Full Version : chinese bun

monica sanders
July 31st, 2010, 11:33 PM
i did a chinese bun for my DH b-day. i haven't done one in a while. i put a pic in my photo album. does it look right?

UltraBella
July 31st, 2010, 11:41 PM
Monica, please edit your post ! This is not the correct way to share a photo.
By giving out your photo bucket password anyone here can go into your account info and see your full name, birth date, private email address, etc.
Please please delete your password immediately, if you need help figuring out how to post pics, there are many helpful threads devoted to it.

monica sanders
July 31st, 2010, 11:51 PM
Monica, please edit your post ! This is not the correct way to share a photo.
By giving out your photo bucket password anyone here can go into your account info and see your full name, birth date, private email address, etc.
Please please delete your password immediately, if you need help figuring out how to post pics, there are many helpful threads devoted to it.

i deleted it. it never work right for me, anyway i never had that info on photobucket.

UltraBella
July 31st, 2010, 11:56 PM
Sorry, but even though everyone is great here, posting your account and password is risky. Here is how I post my pics :
When you are in your photo bucket account, click on the photo you would like to share. To the left there is a tab that says "Share This Image" and you only need to copy the IMG code and then paste it onto your thread. Click the preview button to make sure it will show up like you hoped and if all is well, post it :)

Gumball
August 1st, 2010, 12:00 AM
I think that she was actually pointing toward her LHC album.

From what I can see, if it's the picture of your hair with a stick, monica, it's a little tough for me to make it out in detail. It looks pretty good, but I can't quite see how the two halves of the ponytail are initially wrapped around the stick. :)

I've never had much success with unbraided Chinese buns, since my hair likes to go everywhere. I'd need a lot of pins to feel good with it, but it's just easier for me to go braided. Hehe. Kudos to those that can do it without a problem!

UltraBella
August 1st, 2010, 12:54 AM
Monica, it was a direct link to your photobucket account and you gave your password. I clicked it, found myself being asked for your password and when I entered it I was granted full access to your account, not just to a photo as I had expected. You use your date of birth and email address to sign up for photobucket and if you go into your account settings you will find your full name, date of birth, email, even your zip code. That is a bad combination for someone to get a hold of.
I immediately realized I should not be there and logged out. I could have taken your personal info, changed your password, or any other unfriendly thing. Please change your photobucket password because you never know who read your original post.

monica sanders
August 1st, 2010, 01:52 AM
Monica, it was a direct link to your photobucket account and you gave your password. I clicked it, found myself being asked for your password and when I entered it I was granted full access to your account, not just to a photo as I had expected. You use your date of birth and email address to sign up for photobucket and if you go into your account settings you will find your full name, date of birth, email, even your zip code. That is a bad combination for someone to get a hold of.
I immediately realized I should not be there and logged out. I could have taken your personal info, changed your password, or any other unfriendly thing. Please change your photobucket password because you never know who read your original post.

i'm trying to see you point about being safe but now you are ticking me off! i have had photobucket for 4 years with NO problems. people have said they could not access it! i said i took it off. i have the same info here should i take it down here too mommy? sorry i'm being a smartass but i have said i deleted it. YOU keep posting about it! not 1 time 3 times! you have been here since may and you know it all?

UltraBella
August 1st, 2010, 02:09 AM
Monica, I was just trying to help you and make sure you understood what posting something like that can do. You already had an issue with this previously in another thread when you posted your young step-daughter's facebook link and everyone tried to explain why that can be dangerous, yet you did it here AGAIN. So it doesn't really seem like you "get it". At least it was your account this time and not someone else's.
I don't see anywhere on LHC where your full name, date of birth, zip code or private email is listed. But it IS in your private photobucket account.
I would rather you be ticked off at me *AND SAFE* than the alternative.
Thanks for the snotty reply, good luck to you.

Gulbahar
August 1st, 2010, 02:14 AM
Posting the password to your Photobucket account is certainly not safe! You've been lucky so far that nobody took advantage of you but that doesn't mean that it will never happen. Also, the Mane Forum is open to everyone, even non-members.

christine1989
August 1st, 2010, 02:27 AM
Meow! :argue: Now lets not get anyone banned here.

monica sanders
August 1st, 2010, 02:36 AM
Monica, I was just trying to help you and make sure you understood what posting something like that can do. You already had an issue with this previously in another thread when you posted your young step-daughter's facebook link and everyone tried to explain why that can be dangerous, yet you did it here AGAIN. So it doesn't really seem like you "get it". At least it was your account this time and not someone else's.
I don't see anywhere on LHC where your full name, date of birth, zip code or private email is listed. But it IS in your private photobucket account.
I would rather you be ticked off at me *AND SAFE* than the alternative.
Thanks for the snotty reply, good luck to you.

that was a COMPLETLY different story an you know it! don't call me stupid you snotty bitch!don't BOTHER giving me a warning i'm through w/ the LHC! SO DONE!

Lassie
August 1st, 2010, 03:12 AM
wow - someone has some SERIOUS anger issues..
UltraBella was being nothing but helpful and looking out for your best interests.
If only more people in the world were as thoughtful as ultrabella then the world would be a nicer place.
Most people cant be bothered helping someone unless there is something in it for them - you should be thankful that someone took the time for to warn you of the potential dangers of your actions..

i've always believed that no one can insult you without your consent - so if you insist on seeing an insult where there is none - then maybe its because you yourself think that you are stupid? Because no one here said, or even implied that you were

Pear Martini
August 1st, 2010, 03:28 AM
:drama:.....................................

Finoriel
August 1st, 2010, 04:30 AM
Seems like time for a :chillpill:
Locking this thread now.