PDA

View Full Version : Romantic English Rose Hair Tutorial

LouLaLa
July 31st, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hi guys

Just thought id post a little something for the weekend!

I found this hair tutorial on a makeup bloggers website, its very good and even has a hair toy in.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo#p/u/9/kxl4BECWedI
(the link is totally safe btw)

thriftesfai
July 31st, 2010, 10:16 AM
Pixiwoo!!! I clicked this hoping it'd be them. They're my favourite. I'm honestly watching their TheO heated velcro rollers video right now...for the fourth time. :D

I wore this hairstyle two days ago, it's beautiful and kept my hair tangle free.

Pumpkin
July 31st, 2010, 10:27 AM
I love these gals for makeup advice!! I saw this tutorial the other day and tried to do the updo. My hair is not quite long enough to do a nice bun on the side....just not 'big' enough. I think the style is lovely, however, and will try this again in a few months....

Vampire
July 31st, 2010, 10:29 AM
Love that look, gonna try it when my hair grows long enough to do it:p

LouLaLa
July 31st, 2010, 10:32 AM
Pixiwoo!!! I clicked this hoping it'd be them. They're my favourite. I'm honestly watching their TheO heated velcro rollers video right now...for the fourth time. :D

I wore this hairstyle two days ago, it's beautiful and kept my hair tangle free.

Haha I did this today too! I loved them but ive given up heat sadly! I just love how natural and funny they are :D

Did you see the rocky horror tutorial??? I nearly died with joy!:cheese:

Yozhik
July 31st, 2010, 11:02 AM
What an awesomely cute hairdo! I will have to try this right now!

thriftesfai
July 31st, 2010, 11:04 AM
Haha I did this today too! I loved them but ive given up heat sadly! I just love how natural and funny they are :D

Did you see the rocky horror tutorial??? I nearly died with joy!:cheese:

Yes I have!! SO talented. The first video I ever watched was their make small eyes bigger/bigger eyes smaller...you should have heard my loud squeal after watching it. :p The French pleat/twist look is gorgeous as well.

louisemg82
July 31st, 2010, 11:10 AM
Love it!
Will definitely try this, thank you x

auburn
July 31st, 2010, 11:10 AM
Love that look, gonna try it when my hair grows long enough to do it:p

idem.

it's very very romantic. love it.

MirandaWelch
July 31st, 2010, 11:12 AM
I like the pink make-up video she has to go along with the hairstyle.

Bluegrass Babe
July 31st, 2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks for that link! I like the way she adapted the hair pin! I can see trying that in some other styles. Has anyone tried it? How easy is it to remove?

I will have to look at the other videos mentioned.

Ivy~Rose
July 31st, 2010, 01:47 PM
Omg! That pin-bending trick is so cool, I can't believe I never thought of that!! Thanks for sharing :)

LouLaLa
July 31st, 2010, 02:49 PM
I know im a picture uploading junkie but I did the hairstyle along with her instructions. I did not prep I just followed her word for word to test the level of difficulty.

Tomorrow (hopefully) I will upload my step by step photo guide if anyone is interested in it?

Its not as good as Pixiwoo but I think its a more accurate reflection of how one would do it first time in the real world (she is a professional make up artist on catwalk shows with alot of experience). The makeshift pin came out pretty easily although the fishtail braid is not the friend of the lady trying to grow out layers!

Athena's Owl
July 31st, 2010, 03:05 PM
It's cute!

but alas my hair is far too long to do this. anybody with waist length hair or longer up to trying an adaptation?

sarah061
July 31st, 2010, 04:17 PM
This is gorgeous and so simple! Thanks for the link LouLaLa! I'll definitely be trying this (especially after my hair gets a bit longer!)

Boudicca
August 1st, 2010, 05:05 AM
It's cute!

but alas my hair is far too long to do this. anybody with waist length hair or longer up to trying an adaptation?

I do a very similar style with hair that's now just to the top of my thigh. I do it with a side part rather than all over to the side, and a three strand rather than a herringbone. I wind the braid around my hand and then use about a bazillion pins to hold it in place (although I'll definitely be using the pin-bending trick from the video from now on)

It is a nice updo: soft and romantic if you let tendrils escape, and very vintage look if you keep it tight and gelled.

If your hair is long enough, you can do this but just make a braided bun and pin it flat tothe side of the head. Looks sort of Norse.

Ethereal Fog
August 1st, 2010, 07:54 AM
Beautiful, I absolutely love romantic looks like this, even if I rarely bother to style my hair. I'm definitely going to try this one! :o

LouLaLa
August 1st, 2010, 07:56 AM
Beautiful, I absolutely love romantic looks like this, even if I rarely bother to style my hair. I'm definitely going to try this one! :o

Yay :) I also have a tutorial/pics of decorative sock buns that you might like on the mane forum too. It might be a good alternative for those wanting a fancy romantic 'do but havent got enough hair to do a fishtail yet.

Good Luck everyone, lets make the hair world a more sparkly place :P

Ethereal Fog
August 1st, 2010, 08:18 AM
Yay :) I also have a tutorial/pics of decorative sock buns that you might like on the mane forum too. It might be a good alternative for those wanting a fancy romantic 'do but havent got enough hair to do a fishtail yet.

Good Luck everyone, lets make the hair world a more sparkly place :P

Thanks, I'll have to check those out too! I really need to start being more creative with my hair. :p