PDA

View Full Version : Longest shoulders ever!

Blueneko
May 17th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I have the world's longest shoulders, because I can't seem to get to APL! I am so close! It is right there. I find myself tilting my head just a hint to the side to appease my need.

My shoulders are ENORMOUSLY LONG!

Anyone else have the APL blues?

I am so dejected I am going to go do a conditioning treatment!

I should add that I have not measured in a while, my signature photo is old, and some other third thing I can't remember.

jojo
May 17th, 2008, 10:52 AM
hang in there, i found from shoulders to APL the most frustrating of all stages, but it will come when you are least expecting it. for me one week i seemed way off APL and then the next I was there, keep babying it you will get there before you know it xx

Robinlyn
May 17th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I feel the same way! Sometimes my hair seems to be getting longer in the front. But when I check the back of my hair with a mirror I'm still so far away from APL. So you aren't the only one! Summer is coming here so I'm hoping to gain some extra growth. Happy growing vibes sent your way!!

edited to add...You just reminded me that I need to measure and update my length as well!!

akurah
May 17th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Eh, for awhile I thought I'd never reach APL, next time I checked I had hit BSL and was like 4"-5" from waist. It sneaks up on you.

Blueneko
May 17th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I did my conditioning treatment, and I do feel better.

With soaking wet hair, if I pull it to APL it is right at it. But there is no chance of hair getting caught there yet.

I think that means I made it? Maybe? This is perhaps a mini-goal met. That was surprising!

Thanks for the 2 hours of moral support. It worked!

Blueneko
May 17th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Back view:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/rogue12/Miscellaneous/AmIAPL1.jpg

Front view:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/rogue12/Miscellaneous/AmIAPL2.jpg

Did I make it? :)

Isilya
May 17th, 2008, 01:58 PM
It looks to me like you have reached APL! In the first pic, the deepest part of you hemline even looks a bit longer than that :cheese:

OK, I double-checked and placed a piece of paper at left AP-level, straight across to the other side and the bottom of your hair disappeared (yes, I'm weird). You made it, girl!

Blueneko
May 17th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I did it! I have confirmation! Thank you Isilya!

Back to laundry.

P.S. APL for me is 23"!

squiggyflop
May 17th, 2008, 04:59 PM
hmmmm. i never really thought about hitting apl.. i was at shoulder thinking about how long its taking to get to bsl..

congrats on reaching apl!

i know that for a lot of people hitting apl is a huge challenge and a big deal..
for some reason i didnt care when i had reached it.. maybe because of the speed at which my hair was growing.. it only took me like 3.5 months to get from shoulder to bsl.. longest 3.5 months ever..

hopefully it wont be long until you are at bsl!
good luck!

ps.. what an even hemline you have!:)

vidgrl007
May 17th, 2008, 05:06 PM
ok guys what is apl:confused:? i know what bsl is :cheese:but have been driving myself insane trying to figure out apl lol.i know i'm such a newb:)

DecafJane
May 17th, 2008, 05:08 PM
APL = armpit length.

CONGRATULATIONS on getting there! Now it isn't long before you reach BSL!!! :cheese:

Morag
May 17th, 2008, 05:11 PM
ok guys what is apl:confused:? i know what bsl is :cheese:but have been driving myself insane trying to figure out apl lol.i know i'm such a newb:)

Ha ha! I was about to ask the same thing, but I just figured it out: Arm Pit Length! :D

I am so tickled with myself right now ...

Tangles
May 17th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I've got the same problem. I'm short but I have lonnnnng shoulders and a long torso :(. From APL to BSL is always easy, but from shoulder to APL will likely take me till this autumn.

Curlsgirl
May 17th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I guess I'm weird but BSL and APL was almost the same on me. Then from BSL to waist is what is taking me so long. I didn't even think about APL at the time. Maybe that is why it didn't take as long. :shrug: It's late and I really need to go to bed so maybe I will make more sense tomorrow :)

Aqualily30
May 17th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Thank you this newbie finally knows what APL means! Congratulations on reaching one of your goals!

maskedrose
May 17th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Hurray for your mini-goal!!

Robinlyn
May 18th, 2008, 06:13 AM
Congrats on your goal! Your hair looks great! On to BSL you go!!

vidgrl007
May 18th, 2008, 09:08 AM
APL = armpit length.

CONGRATULATIONS on getting there! Now it isn't long before you reach BSL!!! :cheese:
txs decafe lol:).congats on reaching your first goal. morag you did better than i did lol:)

jojo
May 18th, 2008, 09:57 AM
yay! you are on your way now, next stop bsl!