PDA

View Full Version : I got drunk and became very abusive to my hair. :(

ericthegreat
July 31st, 2010, 02:26 AM
Hey everyone. I went out late tonight and didn't even come home until 3:30 AM. I hung out with a really good friend of mine and she and I decided to go to the liquor store and we both downed a whole bottle of Absolut Vodka. After a night full of hair tossing and philosophing the ramblings in our heads, my hair became completely tangled up and I mean really completely knotted.

That in itself wouldn't even be so bad. The really bad part is that instead of patiently soaking my hair in coconut oil like I normally do, I simply got so impatient that I took out my big paddle brush and just went at my hair. I didn't care about hitting any snags, I simply ripped the brush through my hair. :( I could just feel all the breakage I was doing to my hair. Somehow thank goodness, not too much hair ended up on my brush but still I feel like abused my hair quite badly tonight. :(

Phexlyn
July 31st, 2010, 03:04 AM
I'm sorry this happened and that you are angry with yourself now. Maybe try to calm down by giving your hair extra attention and a deep treatment?
What damage is done cannot be repaired, but you can be extra careful with your hair and just wait and see how bad it really is.
I hope it's not too bad :o

Jasperine
July 31st, 2010, 03:56 AM
Ouch! Good thing that you hair survived - alcohol and long hair is not a good combination!

Sammich
July 31st, 2010, 04:36 AM
Oh dear, you best baby those strands now! :p

*Patpat* Agreed, alcohol and long hair = no no.

MonikaHa
July 31st, 2010, 05:49 AM
WOW, another thing to remember - don't drink and brush! :)

Your hair is strong and beautiful Eric, I am sure one time mishap like this has not caused too much damage. :D

09robiha
July 31st, 2010, 05:56 AM
awwwhhh I feel you pain!!! Me, beer and a hair bruch is a bad combination..now I always wear it up to a party/club/general drunk/highness.

You have have hair made of absolute steel though ericthegreat..give it lots of tlc and I am sure it will forgive you!!

willowcandra
July 31st, 2010, 06:00 AM
This has happened to me before.....my advice is that if you are going out to drink alcohol, tie hair up out of the way and don't wear contacts.;) This way your hair is safe and you can just drift off to sleep somewhere.

30isthenewblack
July 31st, 2010, 06:14 AM
Phew! I thought you were going to say that you cut your beautiful hair. I'm very relieved. Your hair looks really strong but as someone previously said don't drink and brush!

WyrdWay
July 31st, 2010, 07:57 AM
next time you drink you should have a designated hair guardian :)

LouLaLa
July 31st, 2010, 08:14 AM
Oh dear ive done this before too. The best thing to so is just put a load of conditioner on it and let the knots ease out (if anyone else gets into this pickle). Brushing hurts like mad.

*Hug*

Kome
July 31st, 2010, 08:45 AM
next time you drink you should have a designated hair guardian :)

Hahaha. A DHG, that's awesome.

Sorry to hear about your hair! I'm sure it will be fine though. Just do something extra special for your hair so that you both feel better! :)

Debra83
July 31st, 2010, 08:51 AM
.....................:shocked:....................

ktani
July 31st, 2010, 08:53 AM
Your hair is gorgeous and you take excellent care of it. You can s&d out the damage and your hair will not be the worse for it.

I am sorry to hear that this happened but your hair damage is temporary and "fixable".

jel
July 31st, 2010, 09:07 AM
I think that drinking a bottle (or even half) of vodka is much more abusive to your body than ripping a hairbrush through your tangled hair. :shrug:

pepperminttea
July 31st, 2010, 09:26 AM
That's one unusual hangover. I'm sure it'll be alright though, your hair seems strong as an ox! :)

ericthegreat
July 31st, 2010, 09:28 AM
I think I'm pretty much sober now. Thanks again everyone for your support :flowers: :flowers: , that really means everything to me.

I normally don't even drink heavily, I'll only have a few beers with a few friends occasionally. Last night was different though. My friend had just been let go of her job, and even when she had her job, money was very tight. We both decided to just commiserate our pain and figured we should get hammered.

Anyhoo, I checked the condition of my hair this morning and several of my ends are bent. Thankfully I don't have noticeable breakage, so I think other than roughing up my ends I didn't really damage my hair that much. I'm going to soak my hair in coconut oil again and after I wash that out I will do full S&D trimming of all my ends, just to be on the safe side. Thanks again everyone. :blossom:

Bluegrass Babe
July 31st, 2010, 02:01 PM
Well, it's good to know there is no major damage. You really do have hair of steel!

Maybe those of us who occassionally over party should think of a safe "party style".

The worst I remember was a friend who got toilet water and vomit in her hair and ended up having to sleep in it. Gross!

Funny thought: Friends don't let friends booze and brush... (Sorry, Eric!)

JenniferNoel
July 31st, 2010, 02:06 PM
Nooooo!
At least there's no fatal breakage. That's always good.
I got drunk a couple times this year and both times ended very badly
(me+alcohol=:trainwreck:), once I dyed it a weird shade of purple at a funny hour, and the other time was more disgusting. I let some idiot rake through my hair at a party and ended up with layers. So don't feel bad, I'm sure you can un-do the damage pretty quickly. I know I did.

spidermom
July 31st, 2010, 02:22 PM
WEll shame on you Eric, but it happens. Hopefully a deep treament or two and little S&Ding will put things right again.

IcarusBride
July 31st, 2010, 02:39 PM
HUGS Eric, that's terrible. I guess it's not the worst decision you could have made while drunk (What if you'd SHAVED YOUR HEAD! *shudder) but still traumatic :( To 'make up for it' maybe you can do something special as a treat to your hair, like a deep conditioning treatment or something, just to karmatically 'make up for it'.

Speckla
July 31st, 2010, 02:41 PM
Atleast you have an excuse. Most people do it sober. :cheese:

Pear Martini
July 31st, 2010, 05:18 PM
Once in a while, I'd say your fine.... Absolut is def not my favorite vodka. I love stoli, same price range but it tastes so much better (my humble opinion)

Did you have a good time?

angelthadiva
July 31st, 2010, 05:22 PM
WOW, another thing to remember - don't drink and brush! :) <snip>

OMG I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that!! :spitting: ;) :thumbsup:

Drynwhyl
July 31st, 2010, 07:26 PM
There are worse things that can happen while drunk ;)
This happened to me a few times, but then I learned that my hair should never be loose when I go out drinking (or I'm in a foul mood). Braid or caterpillar ponytail, bun, whatever.
It's okay, just try and not do it again. ;)

akhkharu
July 31st, 2010, 07:33 PM
I've done this several times before too. Now I try to braid it before I get too drunk, and it usually works pretty well.

Quixii
July 31st, 2010, 07:35 PM
Note to self: When I reach drinking age and get drunk for the first time, make sure hair is very up, out of the way, and able to be forgotten about.

x0h_bother
July 31st, 2010, 08:03 PM
At least there was no puking (in hair) :)
And I thought beer was good for hair....;)

elina333
August 1st, 2010, 07:08 AM
Im sure your hair will recover! Just baby it like crazy and put loads of coconut oil in it.

sibiryachka
August 1st, 2010, 10:05 AM
No disrespect meant, Eric, but this made me LOL...
You know you are a longhair when, after a night of drunken stupidity, you're not thinking "OMG did I really participate in that bar brawl/hook up with this unsuitable person/crash my car into that building/puke all over that innocent passerby"... No, it's "OMG did I really brush my hair that roughly?!?!" Lesson learned, I trust ;)

LouLaLa
August 1st, 2010, 10:18 AM
No disrespect meant, Eric, but this made me LOL...
You know you are a longhair when, after a night of drunken stupidity, you're not thinking "OMG did I really participate in that bar brawl/hook up with this unsuitable person/crash my car into that building/puke all over that innocent passerby"... No, it's "OMG did I really brush my hair that roughly?!?!" Lesson learned, I trust ;)

I love this. Its almost like youre now kinghted into LHC teehee.

adiapalic
August 1st, 2010, 10:24 AM
Atleast you have an excuse. Most people do it sober. :cheese:

Haha, this was to my thinking. We all make booboos ericthegreat, all will be well with a little oiling and time. :flower:

ericthegreat
August 1st, 2010, 12:36 PM
Okay guys I just finished S&Ding my hair right now. I did a heavy coconut oiling last night, then I CWCed to get the oil out. I let my hair naturally air-dry and when I woke up this morning, my hair felt right as rain. Several of my ends were still bent or frazzled, so I snipped them out.
My hair feels good as new! :cheese:

Still, next time I'll have my hair bunned/braided when I go out drinking. I've learned my lesson the hard way not to leave it down while drunk!