PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Curls !

UltraBella
July 30th, 2010, 07:54 PM
These are my favorite curls and I promised to take pics and post them while discussing heatless curls on another thread. Shout out to Glossyshine !! I kept my promise :)
I can achieve these curls with a Caruso Hairsetter, which uses warm steam, or with a large barreled curling iron. Since I am trying to remain heatless for now, I chose the Caruso.

Day 1 : Still in pajamas, no makeup, just took the curlers out !
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0409.jpg
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0405.jpg

Day 2 : Pajamas again ! I still have curls but they are slightly more relaxed.
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0415.jpg
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0417.jpg

MissManda
July 30th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Your curls look stunning and are quite thud-worthy. :D

:thudpile:

UltraBella
July 30th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Yikes, sorry for the last one, it's really blurry !!

And just so you don't think I am full of it, I really am not wearing makeup. I know someone will be mumbling to themselves "that girl is wearing eyeliner, I can see it !" Lol. I have permanent eyeliner so it never washes off :) And..... I am wearing chapstick. But I don't think it counts either.

If anyone else would like to post pics of their heatless curls and tell us how you got them, please feel free :)

christine1989
July 30th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Great curls! I wish I looked that good without makeup! :)

TrudieCat
July 30th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Most definitely thud-worthy! Here I go.... :thud: :D

Dreams_in_Pink
July 30th, 2010, 11:56 PM
Oh good heavens...
:agape:

Your hair looks A-W-E-S-O-M-E!! :D

Fufu
July 31st, 2010, 12:18 AM
Beautiful hair, I love these curls so much..

Katurday
July 31st, 2010, 01:50 AM
Very pretty! Do you have permanent makeup done UltraBella? Even in the makeup free picture, it appears as if you are wearing it.

UltraBella
July 31st, 2010, 02:06 AM
Katurday, post # 3 of this thread answers your question ;)

Loreley
July 31st, 2010, 02:13 AM
Your curls are gorgeous! :D

Bianca
July 31st, 2010, 02:57 AM
Wouldn't call it curls, it's more like waves. But nevertheless it looks good ;)

Phexlyn
July 31st, 2010, 03:09 AM
Awesome curls, UltraBella :D

glossyshine
July 31st, 2010, 05:04 PM
Oh, UltraBella, you and your hair look SO amazing.

I looked over your profile pics, and your hair teture really is more similar to mine than I had imagined. I have to tell you you've really got me thinking, because I went to the hairdresser yesterday and he said for me to get curls with a roller set under a hood dryer would take 1.5 to 2.5 hours. I remember the Caruso takes about 20 minutes?

How long do your Caruso curls last? The one thing about the roller set is the curls might last a week.

Thank you so much for doing this! If I end up buying another Caruso styler, they should send you a commission. I really never expected to consider them again, after that first-time disaster I had.

Merewen
July 31st, 2010, 05:41 PM
They look fantastic!

I can get some lovely curls with hot curlers, but I don't do it very often, mostly because it takes time and it seems silly since my hair curls anyway. But you are making me want to see if they are still around and bust them out!

maxzeen
July 31st, 2010, 05:45 PM
Wow so pretty! It almost has a beachy look to it.

UltraBella
July 31st, 2010, 07:15 PM
Update !
So, it's day three and my curls are now barely there soft waves. I think they may have lasted longer if I would have used a styling product. I also used only Jumbo and Large sized rollers, if I used smaller rollers I would have tighter curls. What I really like is that my naturally frizzy areas are still very smooth and shiny !
Here is a couple of pics I just took, plenty of makeup in these two ;)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0430.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0432.jpg

MNoelH
July 31st, 2010, 07:58 PM
Aftre taking the rollers out, do you just finger comb or do you brush?

MNoelH
July 31st, 2010, 08:01 PM
Oh, UltraBella, you and your hair look SO amazing.

I looked over your profile pics, and your hair teture really is more similar to mine than I had imagined. I have to tell you you've really got me thinking, because I went to the hairdresser yesterday and he said for me to get curls with a roller set under a hood dryer would take 1.5 to 2.5 hours. I remember the Caruso takes about 20 minutes?

How long do your Caruso curls last? The one thing about the roller set is the curls might last a week.

Thank you so much for doing this! If I end up buying another Caruso styler, they should send you a commission. I really never expected to consider them again, after that first-time disaster I had.

How do I view the profile pics? I'd like to learn more about UltraBella's hair cut. I can't tell exactly where the layers start and would like to show these pics to my hairdresser.

Lil Red Vampire
July 31st, 2010, 08:03 PM
U-Bella, you are gorgeous! I wished I looked that good in pj's...LOL.

Permanent makeup rocks... I would love to do that but heard it hurts.

Your curls are very pretty! I love my Caruso too!

karenpetal
July 31st, 2010, 08:16 PM
wow thud !!!! your curls are gorgeous !!!

UltraBella
July 31st, 2010, 08:26 PM
MNoelH, you are a new member, you will gain privileges like viewing albums after you have been here longer. It's hard to be patient ! My layers start at arm pit length and I have face framing layers as well. I never brush my hair, I just use a wide toothed seamless comb.

Lil Red, if permanent makeup is done by a skilled technician you will not feel a thing. When it is treated like a para-medical procedure a topical lidocaine gel is used for numbing the eyelid and it is done by either a hand method or a digital machine made for facial skin. If it is done as a normal tattoo at a tattoo parlor with a tattoo gun - it will hurt like hell ! And it won't look the same either. Permanent cosmetics can be beautiful and completely pain free, but they have to be done correctly. The skin around your eye is much more fragile than the skin on your body.

So glad to hear you love your Caruso too :)

Capybara
July 31st, 2010, 08:31 PM
Those are some gorgeous waves! :thud: Wow! You are one lucky girl :D

I may have to accept your invitation, UltraBella :D I usually use foam rollers to curl my hair but (funnily enough!) I literally just put rags in my hair to make snake waves for the very first time! I'll probably take pictures in the morning if they turn out, but ... don't expect them to be nearly as nice as yours ;) It'll be sort of like Beauty and the beast! Diversity is the spice of life, though. We'll see how it goes!

MNoelH
July 31st, 2010, 08:37 PM
I need to go see if I can dig up my Caruso and see if it still works.

Yes, I've only been here a short time. I found this place when I was researching the infomercial for the expensive CO product. I found the condition only thread and have been trying that out. So far, it's been going relatively well; however, my first oiling last night was a complete disaster.

I haven't thrown away my heated appliances yet, but I also haven't used them. I'm having hair texture issues. Up until about two years ago, my hair was straight as a board. Wash and go with no styling necessary. Currently, my hair has gained quite a bit o f wave on my underneath hair. The crown hair is still pretty straight, but if you flip my head over, there's tons of wave, which produces tons of frizz when I brush my hair. I've never been a comb girl (and have never managed to get a comb through my hair dry), maybe I should try that out because the frizz I'm getting is causing me to bun or braid every day.

I've gotten tons of bun and braid ideas from this forum too. It's been great. Two months ago I was ready to cut 16 inches off. Now I'm starting to have fun with my hair again and am once again procrastinating the cut.

Rini
July 31st, 2010, 08:38 PM
Thanks for posting more pics of your hair :) Your makeup looks lovely too, it must be really cool to be made up 24/7!

MNoelH
July 31st, 2010, 08:41 PM
I also tried the rag curls last weekend with a bandana - I think itmight have been a cross between two different curl suggestions.

Ultimate FAIL! When I took the banadan out, my hair was still damp and talk about a frizzy mess! Up in a bun it went.

Juneii
July 31st, 2010, 08:45 PM
you're so pretty even without makeup!

the curls look gorgeous! I'm envious, I have yet to get my hair to do something as nice as that.

UltraBella
July 31st, 2010, 08:56 PM
Thank you everyone for the compliments :)

Capybara, I really hope you post pics !!!!

Rini, it's nice because my permanent makeup is pretty subtle. If you look at my first pics on this thread, I was still in my pajamas both those mornings with no makeup. You can see a soft eyeliner but it doesn't look overdone at all. Then in today's pics I am wearing some regular liner in addition to my permanent liner and mascara as well for some *oomph*. I would not want to be made up to this extent all the time, so I feel like my permanent liner is just right. Not too little, not too much. :)

In2wishin
July 31st, 2010, 09:59 PM
Ultrabella: I have always loved your hair! These photos are gorgeous :thud:

Here is mine using the Conair Bamboo curlers I mentioned in the other heatless curls thread.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/eclctcmnd/IMGP0388.jpg

Capybara
August 1st, 2010, 12:17 PM
Wish granted :D

Front (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5323&pictureid=78283)

Back (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5323&pictureid=78284)

TinaDenali
August 1st, 2010, 12:39 PM
WOW! Those are some GORGEOUS curls!! Love them!

And YOU are gorgeous, too :D

UltraBella
August 2nd, 2010, 02:20 AM
Capybara, those snake waves are fantastic !!! I need to learn how to do them...... Off to search. Thank you so much for posting :)

freckles
August 2nd, 2010, 03:48 AM
this thread really makes me want a Caruso hairsetter! Those are amazing, STUNNING curls, UltraBella! :D

hm85
August 2nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
hiya does anyone know where you can get a caruso set in the uk? i have looked on the internet but not been able to find any :(

UltraBella how did you keep the curls in? does the caruso hold the curls in? because my hair is so fine i dont think they would hold but i hate product build up :(

thankyou :)

Lil Red Vampire
August 3rd, 2010, 12:02 PM
hm85, have you tried Ebay? I am certain there are tons on there.

In2wishin, your hair looks great!

UltraBella, I forgot to ask how do you wrap your curls with the rollers? I notice if I start at the ends and roll up or under I don't get quite the curl I want, but it is very very soft and lasts. If I do the twist and then spiral it up, my ends will be a bit frizzy. But oh, the spirals are soooo pretty.

I wouldn't give up my Caruso for anything! I would like to hear others rolling techniques.

Jessica Trapp
August 3rd, 2010, 12:19 PM

Your hair is GORGEOUS! I love those curls.

jes

UltraBella
August 3rd, 2010, 07:45 PM
Lil Red, I always wrap from the middle. Middle down to my ends and then I wrap the curler up to my scalp. Sometimes I twist the entire length first to get a really textured curl.

Lil Red Vampire
August 4th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Lil Red, I always wrap from the middle. Middle down to my ends and then I wrap the curler up to my scalp. Sometimes I twist the entire length first to get a really textured curl.
I like to do that too but that is where my ends get a little funny. I may have to get some perm papers...

paperwhite
August 4th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Very pretty! :D About how long does the Caruso take to get everything done?

Alvrodul
August 4th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Lovely hair!:heart:

glossyshine
August 4th, 2010, 12:36 PM

I also want to know this. UltraBella, I can't believe you've almost persuaded me to get a Caruso! I thought I'd never consider it again!

Lil Red Vampire
August 5th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Glossyshine, you should! The curls are wonderful and no damage! You might just have to practice with different wrapping techniques.

ButterCup02
August 5th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Beautiful!!! I'd love to get one of those Caruso hairsetters...anybody in Canada know where you can find them? I may have to order online maybe?

glossyshine
August 5th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Glossyshine, you should! The curls are wonderful and no damage! You might just have to practice with different wrapping techniques.

I'm more thinking about how my last Caruso set looked so awful. Ever seen the episode of "I Love Lucy" where Lucy accidentally leaves her perm in for 5 hours, takes the curlers out, looks in the mirror, and wails "I look a chrysanthmum!" Well, so did I.

But I really want to curl my hair in a healthy way, and I don't want to sit under a dryer for 2 hours.

UltraBella
August 6th, 2010, 01:19 AM

I suppose it's probably different for everyone, but I have a whole heck of a lot of hair and it only takes me ten minutes to put the curlers in my hair. Another 15 minutes for softly set curls or 25 for very set curls. If you wrap too tightly, over steam the foam curlers, or leave them in too long - it can look crazy and frizzy but it only takes a couple times to figure out just how to make it work for your hair. After that it is easy and awesome !!

mariika
August 6th, 2010, 04:41 AM
Ultrabella, the hair is awesome, so long
as for how do *I* get my no heat curls... oh yeah, ANY DAY - I'm just curly))) I wish I had wavy hair, not curly

julliams
August 6th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Ultrabella - how does it work? I can't understand how something can make steam without water boiling and therefore being very hot. I've tried looking it up online but I can't seem to find anything that explains "how" it works. Your curls are lovely and it has smoothed them out very nicely.

UltraBella
August 6th, 2010, 08:40 AM
The water does boil in the unit, but steam cools immediately. The steam is hot coming out onto the rollers, but it is nothing compared to a curling iron. You can hold the roller in your hand and it is warm and damp feeling. If you do not put the roller in your hair immediately, you have to steam it again or it will be back to room temperature.

Ashley0507
August 6th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Beautiful!

Charlotte:)
August 6th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I'm more thinking about how my last Caruso set looked so awful. Ever seen the episode of "I Love Lucy" where Lucy accidentally leaves her perm in for 5 hours, takes the curlers out, looks in the mirror, and wails "I look a chrysanthmum!" Well, so did I.

But I really want to curl my hair in a healthy way, and I don't want to sit under a dryer for 2 hours.

Have you tried snake waves yet (under the articles section)? They always turn out lovely for me!

ghost
August 6th, 2010, 03:58 PM
UltraBella, I LOVE your curls and your color. Your hair is so amazing.

CurlAhead
August 6th, 2010, 04:34 PM

Lovely curls, lovely hair. Just.. lovely!

Lil Red Vampire
August 11th, 2010, 11:44 AM

Were you using the really small rollers? They make large and jumbo now and you shouldn't look like a chrysanthimum..... :-)

Beatrice
September 3rd, 2010, 05:39 PM
UltraBella, your hair is crazy-amazing!

And I finally got my own Caruso--I LOOOOVE it! :cheese: I'm so glad your posts convinced me to give it a try. Since classes began, it's been great to have a way to dress up my hair on the weekends. One of these days I'll get around to posting pictures. I'm playing around with the small sizes and getting ridiculous spiral curls. :p

UltraBella
September 3rd, 2010, 10:00 PM
Beatrice, I am so glad you are enjoying it :) Yay !!!!!

ButterCup02
September 11th, 2010, 01:50 PM
I got my caruso hairsetter in the mail yesterday....I LOVE IT!! I used the jumbo and large rollers for these this morning....I can't wait to play around with this more!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs310.ash2/59031_10150246445950551_878020550_14627860_962025_ n.jpg

UltraBella
September 11th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Those look really great, ButterCup02 !!!!!!!!!!

Luckysock
September 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
hmmm , yeah I think I want to get my hands on one of these hairsetters too ... I have hot rollers that I use maybe once or twice a month... the curl doesn't really last for me with the hot rollers, but i use it to get body and a nice shape on the ends.

Ultrabella, do you find it is that much different from a hot roller set (with mist option)? should I bother spending the money, or will they do the same thing basically?...

ButterCup02, I'm in Canada too, did you spend a lot of money on your set? did you buy it online?

Thanks Ladies!!!

ButterCup02
September 11th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks!! My hair is usually pretty straight, so I am excited to show it to hubby tonight LOL!!

Luckysock > I bought mine off ebay for $40. Though with the shipping it came to like $55 total. So worth it though! I couldn't find it anywhere up here. I bought the one that came with 30 rollers.

Luckysock
September 11th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Great! $40 bucks is totally reasonable :) okay I'm gonna look into it. I love your result, very pretty and romantic!

RitaPG
September 11th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Wow, you're so beautiful. And the hair is awesome :shocked:

He is
September 11th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Do regular pink rollers work for curls like that?

strwbrry dakri
September 11th, 2010, 02:49 PM
I purchased a set at Sally Beauty Supply about a month ago. I have a little trouble keeping from squishing the foam - wrapping way to tightly. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the jumbos truly jumbo, and larges large? They all end up the same size.

TIA

Lil Red Vampire
September 11th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Buttercup, your hair looks great. I am glad you are enjoying your Caruso!

curlsgalore
September 11th, 2010, 07:44 PM
I don't know if this has been asked, but is this something you can buy extra curlers for? I'm thinking these would work for my daughter but she has a lot of hair and it's past her waist.

Carolyn
September 11th, 2010, 08:41 PM
I don't know if this has been asked, but is this something you can buy extra curlers for? I'm thinking these would work for my daughter but she has a lot of hair and it's past her waist.I found extra rollers at Sallys. They only had large ones.

curlsgalore
September 11th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I found extra rollers at Sallys. They only had large ones.

Ahh thanks. That's what I was curious about just in case the set didn't have enough rollers for her hair.

Emerald88
September 11th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Your curls look great. I noticed your hair is layered & I wonder if that is what you have better results. I have one, but haven't used it in many years. When my hair was shorter and had really long layers, I loved it. The last time I tried it, it didn't work on my longer, thick one length hair. You have inspired me to give it a try again.

UltraBella
September 12th, 2010, 01:47 AM
I don't know if this has been asked, but is this something you can buy extra curlers for? I'm thinking these would work for my daughter but she has a lot of hair and it's past her waist.

You would be surprised how much hair you can curl with one set. I do have extra of the large and jumbo rollers. It takes me about 14 or 15 rollers for my whole head. I have super thick hair and it is TBL.

JulietCapulet
September 12th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Wow, gorgeous.

Lil Red Vampire
September 12th, 2010, 07:29 AM
TIA when the foam dries it should expand back out to it's size. Are you referring to the part where you are actually rolling you hair that it all becomes one size? Then yes, you need to use a lighter hand if you want looser curls.

Ebay sells more rollers in all different sizes. I think I have 50 rollers. When I want super curly S waves, I have to use a ton of the medium ones as I have tons and tons of hair. There is another store online that sells all the different sizes. I can't think of the name but if you google Caruso rollers you should find it easily.

strwbrry dakri
September 12th, 2010, 04:15 PM
TIA when the foam dries it should expand back out to it's size. Are you referring to the part where you are actually rolling you hair that it all becomes one size? Then yes, you need to use a lighter hand if you want looser curls.

I am talking about when I actually roll the hair - I seem to always have to wrap tightly, because my ends want to go everywhere except around the roller. I have thought of using perm wrapping papers, but they would just slide right off unless dampened.

leslissocool
September 12th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Your curls are gorgeous Ultrabella! even in the last pictures you posted (the ones with make up) they look so controlled and less frizzy than when it's done with heat! My hair looks totally unmanageable after using a curling iron :(.

Capybara's curls are gorgeous too! They have such a renaissance look to them!

I totally want a Caruso now!

Lil Red Vampire
September 12th, 2010, 08:18 PM
I am talking about when I actually roll the hair - I seem to always have to wrap tightly, because my ends want to go everywhere except around the roller. I have thought of using perm wrapping papers, but they would just slide right off unless dampened.

Could you be using too much hair in one roller? Sometimes I have to start in the middle and wrap and then roll to my head. I haven't tried the papers but I know a lot of people use them and like them. I would keep practicing different techniques.

He is
September 12th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I'm trying to get curls with regular pink rollers tonight. Hope it comes out right!

strwbrry dakri
September 13th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Could you be using too much hair in one roller? Sometimes I have to start in the middle and wrap and then roll to my head. I haven't tried the papers but I know a lot of people use them and like them. I would keep practicing different techniques.

Too much hair is a distinct possibility. I'll work on that - also, with the papers, do you think the steam from the unit will dampen them enough to hold them in place? I'm in awe of the curls I've seen produced by the set, and would love to make it work!

Lil Red Vampire
September 13th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Too much hair is a distinct possibility. I'll work on that - also, with the papers, do you think the steam from the unit will dampen them enough to hold them in place? I'm in awe of the curls I've seen produced by the set, and would love to make it work!

Lots of people use the papers with the Caruso so it can't hurt to try......

Kathie
September 13th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Good-Golly look at that hair! Its soooo thick, so the curls make it look awesome.

waist2011
January 4th, 2011, 07:44 PM
How do you wrap from the middle down?

Rabya-Khadija
January 4th, 2011, 07:51 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6707&pictureid=89385

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=6707&pictureid=92215

I get mine like this ^ from just tying it on top of my head wet and wrapping several hairties around the bun to give it kinks :o

Never tried those curlers but I may just have to! I used to use GHD curlers but obv the heat was no good and they just dropped after a few hours too :rolleyes:

lupiae
January 5th, 2011, 08:23 AM
These are my favorite curls and I promised to take pics and post them while discussing heatless curls on another thread. Shout out to Glossyshine !! I kept my promise :)
I can achieve these curls with a Caruso Hairsetter, which uses warm steam, or with a large barreled curling iron. Since I am trying to remain heatless for now, I chose the Caruso.

Ultrabella, i do not have the right words to say how much I love your hair! It's something so exceptional that few time I've seen! All my possible congratulations!

princessp
January 5th, 2011, 09:30 AM
:thudpile: Is it appropriate for me to say you are simply all around gorgeous? :p Wow!

claireozzy
January 5th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Wow!! beautiful curls, I love your hair so much

homeeduk8tor
June 26th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Well, thanks to reading this wonderful thread I am the owner of a Caruso Curling Set. Thanks! Ha ha, my poor husband.

UltraBella
June 26th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Well, thanks to reading this wonderful thread I am the owner of a Caruso Curling Set. Thanks! Ha ha, my poor husband.

Congrats !!!! Hope you enjoy them :)

long&blonde
June 26th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Your hair is gorgeous, Ultrabella.
And how you manage to pull off 2 beautiful days of curls;
Awesome!

homeeduk8tor
June 26th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Congrats !!!! Hope you enjoy them :)

Thanks Ultrabella! Your advice and experience with this set helped me make the decision between the Caruso set and Curlformers. Sally's really owes you a commission check!:D

Maelyssa
June 26th, 2011, 07:30 PM
So now I'm going to get a Caruso in the next few weeks. I'm so excited.
I used to get similar curls using a large barrel curling iron but I also got so much damage that I had to chop from hip to shoulder about two years ago.
I've been struggling with my hair looking undone since then. I think this may just be the answer.

Also, I'm going to do a little research on permanent make up. I'd love having just a 'little something' around the eyes at all times.

Thanks so much UltraBella!!! :D :D :D

kidari
June 26th, 2011, 08:17 PM
OMG you have my dream hair! I wish I could have hair like that. You look like a mermaid! I've always wanted to do permanent eyeliner and lipliner, now you've got me tempted. I gave away my Caruso set, never could figure it out or it just didn't work on my hair : ( so sad.

UltraBella
June 26th, 2011, 08:24 PM
For info on the permanent makeup subject, here is a thread : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54845&highlight=Permanent+makeup&page=2

I posted lots of pictures on this page ! Make darn sure you read the photo info though, some of the examples are of what you DO NOT want !! Others are photos of my work.
Hope that helps :)

kidari
June 26th, 2011, 08:47 PM
OMG thank you!!

McFearless
June 26th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I like those. Wurly and curly at the same time. I don't want to creep her out by posting this... but Dolly(the member) has pictures in one of her albums of her hair in curls with a foam curler I believe. Check em out. I've never thudded quite like I did when I saw them. #1 hair inspiration!

lillylonghair
August 2nd, 2011, 05:31 PM
As a result of this thread I ordered my Caruso rollers a few days ago on amazon and got them today! I won't be washing my hair until tomorrow though so I am going to wait. I will post pics a soon as I style my hair though!

longcurlygirl<3
August 2nd, 2011, 05:36 PM
They are pretty, but your hair looks like more waves, IMO

Tea Lady
August 2nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
As a result of this thread I ordered my Caruso rollers a few days ago on amazon and got them today! I won't be washing my hair until tomorrow though so I am going to wait. I will post pics a soon as I style my hair though!

And I got them with my Sally's reward coupon! (Just in the nick of time too, on the last day it was good for.) I have been contemplating getting them since the end of May, finally did. But I haven't tried them yet.

Tea Lady

QueenJoey
August 2nd, 2011, 06:08 PM
I love using sponge rollers! Here is the most recent picture I could find of my heatless wurls:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8173&pictureid=106666

Sorry, I don't have a closer picture of them. This was the best I could find. Yours are much prettier, UltraBella!

MermaidOH
August 2nd, 2011, 06:25 PM
holy cow! Sooooo beautiful...love your curls:) I also have the Caruso Steam Setter and LOVE IT!....Question what size rollers do you use and how do you place them vertical, horizontal that sort of thing? Again so pretty!:D

Slinks
August 2nd, 2011, 06:38 PM
QueenJoey !!!!!!!!!! :thud: and you're 15 ??????????? very nice .. :-)

QueenJoey
August 2nd, 2011, 06:43 PM
QueenJoey !!!!!!!!!! :thud: and you're 15 ??????????? very nice .. :-)

Aww, thank you! Yes, I'm 15. :)

monsterna
August 2nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
What the hell, woman? You cut your hair a month or so back and it looks like all that length is back! Sigh. *jealous*

CurlyMopTop
August 2nd, 2011, 07:01 PM
Beautiful curls ladies! :)

QueenJoey
August 2nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
What the hell, woman? You cut your hair a month or so back and it looks like all that length is back! Sigh. *jealous*

oh, haha, those pics are from before the big cut. Oh man, if her hair had really grown that much in a month I'd be at her door begging for her secret!

bushy
August 2nd, 2011, 07:21 PM
Such pretty curls.

monsterna
August 2nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
oh, haha, those pics are from before the big cut. Oh man, if her hair had really grown that much in a month I'd be at her door begging for her secret!

Oh my god, I'm retarded, hahaha. I saw "July 30" on the original post, but didn't bother to read the 2010. Hahaha. I was like HAIR Y U NO GROW AS FAST AS ULTRABELLA'S?!

citadel
August 2nd, 2011, 08:36 PM
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110708130206/merlin1/images/7/7f/Morgana_sitter.jpg

I love, love curls like the ones above. They're a deep, wave more than a curl, I suppose, but I just cannot figure out how to get my hair like that! It's killing me.

Mine tend to do what is below--soft waves.
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ln9zibKbnE1qbepcpo1_500.jpg

UltraBella
August 2nd, 2011, 10:50 PM
They are pretty, but your hair looks like more waves, IMO

They are actually curls, big loose ones. I use the largest rollers but I have used the smallest ones before and had very tight springy curls. It's just not my preference because I end up looking like a poodle.

holy cow! Sooooo beautiful...love your curls:) I also have the Caruso Steam Setter and LOVE IT!....Question what size rollers do you use and how do you place them vertical, horizontal that sort of thing? Again so pretty!:D

I have three sets of the largest rollers and I start by making a row of four on the top of my head, rolled away from my forehead. The ones on the sides of my head I roll under, towards my ears no matter how many rollers I am using, and then the back I roll under as well. I often twist the hair strand before rolling, it gives the curls a spiral shape.

Oh my god, I'm retarded, hahaha. I saw "July 30" on the original post, but didn't bother to read the 2010. Hahaha. I was like HAIR Y U NO GROW AS FAST AS ULTRABELLA'S?!

This cracked me up !

lillylonghair
August 4th, 2011, 02:35 PM
Okay,so I learned what NOT to yesterday. Haha my hair was still waay too dampy when I put my rollers in and I eventually just took them out b/c it was taking forever for my hair to dry. I did end up with a little body wave though even though my hair was still damp when I took the rollers out. I just put the rollers in a little while ago on dry hair so we'll see how it turns out!

redcelticcurls
August 5th, 2011, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't call them curls, but those are very beautiful waves. I like rollersets to get a loose wavy look like that.

lillylonghair
August 5th, 2011, 01:38 PM
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu89/lillysmama0729/lillyandmommy060.jpg

lillylonghair
August 5th, 2011, 01:39 PM
I don't normally wear that much makeup but I wanted to have some fun! Love the rollers:) I used all jumbo but I am alternate some medium ones in next time.

Eire
August 5th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I don't normally wear that much makeup but I wanted to have some fun! Love the rollers:) I used all jumbo but I am alternate some medium ones in next time.

Your makeup looks pretty! And the hair of course :D

lillylonghair
August 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Thank you Eire!!!!

SoulOfTheSea
August 5th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Amazing!!!

vanity_acefake
August 5th, 2011, 02:22 PM
UltraBella your hair always makes me gasp with admiration and your beauty always makes me smile.
:grouphug:

redcelticcurls
August 5th, 2011, 03:28 PM
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu89/lillysmama0729/lillyandmommy060.jpg

You're roller set waves are pretty, too

xoerincolleen
August 15th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I just got one of these off of ebay...I hope it makes my hair look as great as the pictures on here! :)

lillylonghair
August 15th, 2011, 05:07 PM
So there is definitely a learning curve to these. I've learned that I need to use a mousse to hold and set the curls better as lotions,creams or gels just don't hold and make my hair look greasy by the next day.

UltraBella
August 15th, 2011, 07:20 PM
I just got one of these off of ebay...I hope it makes my hair look as great as the pictures on here! :)

Let us know how it turns out for you !!

beccababesx
August 17th, 2011, 12:23 PM
UltraBella, what size rollers are they? I wonder if anyone can help me... this rollerset just does not work for me, I've tried and tried but all they do is smooth out my hair and maybe flick the ends out a touch... I don't know where I'm going wrong!

faithsdaisy421
August 17th, 2011, 12:29 PM
UltraBella, what size rollers are they? I wonder if anyone can help me... this rollerset just does not work for me, I've tried and tried but all they do is smooth out my hair and maybe flick the ends out a touch... I don't know where I'm going wrong!
Do they curl for you initially? Mine tend to curl and then lose the bounce after awhile. They do okay with hairspray, but I don't want to put that on my hair anymore.

If you find something that works for you, let us know!

beccababesx
August 19th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Do they curl for you initially? Mine tend to curl and then lose the bounce after awhile. They do okay with hairspray, but I don't want to put that on my hair anymore.

If you find something that works for you, let us know!

They don't, it's so weird! They never curl for me, just a big bouncy wave... That's stays quite well incidentally!

faithsdaisy421
August 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM
They don't, it's so weird! They never curl for me, just a big bouncy wave... That's stays quite well incidentally!
Hmmm.... I have been playing with mine a bit more, and I have found a few things. First, I leave the rollers on the steam longer than it says too. Sometimes, the things are almost dripping when I put them in my hair. Also, I have to let them cool for at least 20 mins or the curl is quite sad. I think I am going to invest in some more of the smaller rollers, as they work so much better at curling then the larger ones do.
There really is quite a learning curve to these things :confused:

Annibelle
October 15th, 2011, 07:26 PM
BUMP!

So... are these sorts of curlers damage-free? I have fine hair that I'm afraid of damaging, but these curls/waves are so pretty... >3<

UltraBella
October 15th, 2011, 07:36 PM
BUMP!

So... are these sorts of curlers damage-free? I have fine hair that I'm afraid of damaging, but these curls/waves are so pretty... >3<

Yes, they are considered hair friendly and are actually quite moisturizing. Even though it is steam that heats them, it dissipates so quickly that it's just nice and warm. Non-damaging and wonderful !!

Annibelle
October 15th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Thanks so much for the response, UltraBella!!! Another question: would it be okay to use these with coconut oil on the ends of the hair? I don't want the oil to cook my hair... hehe. :)

Netabug
October 15th, 2011, 08:44 PM
Ultrabella, I just have to say! I love your hair. Its beautiful!

UltraBella
October 15th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks so much for the response, UltraBella!!! Another question: would it be okay to use these with coconut oil on the ends of the hair? I don't want the oil to cook my hair... hehe. :)

It doesn't get hot enough to damage your hair, but your hair might not hold the curl as well. I would try it very lightly oiled and see what happens.

peronella
December 28th, 2011, 09:20 PM
First, UltraBella you and your hair are beautiful!

Second, I got a Caruso Steam Roller set for Christmas form my mom and I cant get it to work! I really want to get it to work so I can show my mom, she keeps asking how they work and I dont want to tell her "they don't!"

I've read the thread through and I know theres a learning curve and I've been trying and trying, My best attempt, I achieved large loose curls on the top of my head with the medium rollers that fell out to nothing but I guess you could call it "some texture" within 20 minutes. I steamed them for over 10 seconds (the longest so far)and left them in for half an hour. Should I go for longer?

Also, I'm having trouble wrapping, could it be thet I'm not wrapping fast enough? About how long would you say you have to get them up and clipped? I have lots of difficulty rolling them, I start from the middle and wrap to the ends and then roll to the top. But I usually get it tangled up as I unroll. I wonder if that pulls my curls out? Does it have to do with hair type why my hair won't hold? It holds with overnight wet-set curlers. But I love the idea of doing my hair for a night out without having to start the night before and walk around with curlers all day (and having frizz all over the top of my head from sleeping).

Wow I wrote alot. I'm encouraged by the people who say they couldnt get them to work for awhile. I guess I'm just hoping to hear I shouldn't give up. But right now it seems its just not going to work out for me. any advice would be soappreciated, I'd love to get anything close to those beautiful curls and waves that others have achieved.

faithsdaisy421
December 28th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Keep trying!! Have you experimented with adding anything to the water to give the curl something to "hold onto?" Sometimes that helps with mine. I, personally, think that a lot of the curl holding has to do with how dirty/clean my hair is. If it is too clean the curl wont stay at all. And, it it is to dirty (from oil or... anything) the curl wont stay. The things really are quite picky!

peronella
December 28th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Keep trying!! Have you experimented with adding anything to the water to give the curl something to "hold onto?" Sometimes that helps with mine. I, personally, think that a lot of the curl holding has to do with how dirty/clean my hair is. If it is too clean the curl wont stay at all. And, it it is to dirty (from oil or... anything) the curl wont stay. The things really are quite picky!

Thanks for the reply! I was wondering about the various degrees of hair cleanliness. Today my hair was freshly washed and I got the best results so far (not that good still though) I guess I'll have to try to experiment at all degrees.

Interesting idea with the product in the water. I was wondering If I should try some in my hair, but The water thing sounds cool! what type of product would you use, like mousse? or gel maybe?

UltraBella
December 28th, 2011, 09:48 PM
First, UltraBella you and your hair are beautiful!

Second, I got a Caruso Steam Roller set for Christmas form my mom and I cant get it to work! I really want to get it to work so I can show my mom, she keeps asking how they work and I dont want to tell her "they don't!"

I've read the thread through and I know theres a learning curve and I've been trying and trying, My best attempt, I achieved large loose curls on the top of my head with the medium rollers that fell out to nothing but I guess you could call it "some texture" within 20 minutes. I steamed them for over 10 seconds (the longest so far)and left them in for half an hour. Should I go for longer?

Also, I'm having trouble wrapping, could it be thet I'm not wrapping fast enough? About how long would you say you have to get them up and clipped? I have lots of difficulty rolling them, I start from the middle and wrap to the ends and then roll to the top. But I usually get it tangled up as I unroll. I wonder if that pulls my curls out? Does it have to do with hair type why my hair won't hold? It holds with overnight wet-set curlers. But I love the idea of doing my hair for a night out without having to start the night before and walk around with curlers all day (and having frizz all over the top of my head from sleeping).

Wow I wrote alot. I'm encouraged by the people who say they couldnt get them to work for awhile. I guess I'm just hoping to hear I shouldn't give up. But right now it seems its just not going to work out for me. any advice would be soappreciated, I'd love to get anything close to those beautiful curls and waves that others have achieved.

I only steam my rollers long enough for them to be damp to the touch, not all the way wet. I roll very quickly, you don't want the steam to dissipate and cool down too much by taking a long time to roll. If you are having a hard time starting from the middle, start from the ends instead. Make sure you wrap your length over your very ends so that they are inside and your hair won't unroll from the roller. Make sure to briefly steam the shield as well. I leave them in for a good thirty minutes, sometimes longer. I even sometimes take my hairdryer and apply heat to the outside of the rollers to speed the process up.
Some people do tend to struggle with these a bit more than others, good luck - I hope you get the hang of it !

ETA : just saw your post above mine. The only products you can put directly into the water are liquid products. Setting sprays, etc. Product in your hair will give you more options.

faithsdaisy421
December 28th, 2011, 09:49 PM
Interesting idea with the product in the water. I was wondering If I should try some in my hair, but The water thing sounds cool! what type of product would you use, like mousse? or gel maybe?
I add a heat spray curl holder thing to the water (sorry that I can't be more specific at the moment). Basically, it is the stuff that I was using to protect my hair from heat was I was using hot rollers. I would love to try adding a spray gel to the water, but it seems like a lot of extra product... let me know if you have any luck something!

peronella
December 28th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I add a heat spray curl holder thing to the water (sorry that I can't be more specific at the moment). Basically, it is the stuff that I was using to protect my hair from heat was I was using hot rollers. I would love to try adding a spray gel to the water, but it seems like a lot of extra product... let me know if you have any luck something!

I certainly will! more experimenting for me! :)

ETA: Oops! I went to the last page and didnt see UltraBella's response right away. Thanks so much to you too for the advice. Your tips are gonna be really helpful as I keep trying.

Ok, I won't give up. Thank you both :D

door72067
December 29th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I haven't used my Caruso rollers in years, but when I did, I would use a square of toilet tissue folded over the ends to get a better "grip" to get the roll going (like you would use a paper over the ends for perming) ...it seemed to really help when all the ends aren't one length

PinkyCat
December 29th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Awwww what a cutie pie smile in every picture! :D

Darkessa
December 29th, 2011, 09:32 AM
I have to say Bella... You are my hair idol.
Simple as that. Your hair is absolutely incredible!!!!

BrightEyes
December 31st, 2011, 01:41 PM
I have what probably is a really silly question. I've been using my Caruso steam setter for a couple weeks and am loving the soft curls I get with it. I've been adding a little liquid hair gel to the water and it has been helping my curls last longer.

But I always have water left over when I'm done. I fill the basin up to right below the fill line and add a couple squirts of gel. By the time I'm finished rolling my hair I have only used about a third of the water/gel mixture. I'm afraid if I put less water in then the unit/lid won't be able to reach all the way into the water like it needs to do to create steam, if that makes sense.

So I'm wondering if there would be a problem with saving the left over water/gel mixture and using it again the next day or couple of days? I would hate to continually waste water and gel. I guess my main concern is cleanliness and bacteria buildup.

TIA!!

lunalocks
December 31st, 2011, 02:39 PM
Does any one use tubes for curls? They are foam tubes that bend. You moisten your hair, roll it up in a small section, and bend the tube to hold it in place. I sleep on them overnight and have curls in the morning. They come in different sizes, so you can have ringlets, or larger curls. I have been thinking about getting one of those gel caps to heat in the microwave to put on to speed up the process. (I used to use the blowdryer, but don't do that anymore!) The curls are stunning and last a few hours and relax gently, and sometime I still have some the following day.

cheycheyeyes
December 31st, 2011, 03:38 PM
Absolutely stunning!!! :agape:

Lil Red Vampire
December 31st, 2011, 05:15 PM
I am glad this thread is still going. I am going to try adding gel to the water to see if that helps mine stay longer too. Thanks for the tip!

jacqueline101
December 31st, 2011, 05:42 PM
Beautiful.

SoSallie
January 1st, 2012, 10:19 PM
Beautiful curls! Amazing how long they lasted!

French Braider
January 4th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I have some questions about the Caruso? I went to a Sally Beauty Supply store(in Canada) and a Caruso hairsetter costed $59.49.:eek: Where did you get it in Canada? How much did it cost? TIA

CurlyCap
January 6th, 2012, 04:16 PM
GAH!!

My caruso steam rollers came in a week earlier than the expected delivery date!!

I'm so excited!!

Off to wash my hair right now!!

CAPA7
January 7th, 2012, 08:11 AM
OMG. I need these. Honestly. I'm getting married hopefully in the summer and was wondering what sort of hairdo I should have, soft bouncy waves would be awesome! AND I got some amazon vouchers for Christmas that are just begging to be used!

Thank you so much for this thread Ultrabella. I don't post much but I've been lurking for about a year and I have to say, I have always found you incredibly beautiful.

UltraBella
January 7th, 2012, 12:12 PM
OMG. I need these. Honestly. I'm getting married hopefully in the summer and was wondering what sort of hairdo I should have, soft bouncy waves would be awesome! AND I got some amazon vouchers for Christmas that are just begging to be used!

Thank you so much for this thread Ultrabella. I don't post much but I've been lurking for about a year and I have to say, I have always found you incredibly beautiful.

I used my Caruso for my wedding :)
And thank you for the lovely compliment.

Pazita!
January 7th, 2012, 12:34 PM
WOW I just love your hair, plus you are so beautiful! a natural beauty, you don't need make up =)

CAPA7
January 8th, 2012, 04:21 AM
UltraBella, can I ask how long you've had your Caruso rollers? Quite a few reviews on the Internet say that some units only last 6 months, and while the company seems to be happy to replace them, seeing how I like in the UK it might not be a very practical option.

Also, I have seen two types of units: ones with a white lid and a "round" font for the logo ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARUSO-PRO-HAIR-STYLING-SYSTEM-30-STEAM-HEATED-FOAM-ROLLERS-CURLERS-FREE-CLIPS-/160710575151?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_HairCare_Rollers_ Curlers&hash=item256b18c42f )

and ones with a red lid with a taller font ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caruso-SalonPro-30-Molecular-Steam-Hairsetter-C97953-/280792191103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416084d07f )

Is there a difference between these? Which one do you own?

K_Angel
January 29th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Wow! Gorgeous!!!!! And you say they are not damaging to your hair?

I've been experimenting with no heat curlers, but my tender head just can't take the constant pressure of them being on my head. Whereas these would do the trick nicely, if you don't think they'll cause damage?

Do you use the clips that come with the rollers or do you use the jaw clip Conair kind?

UltraBella
January 29th, 2012, 11:45 PM
UltraBella, can I ask how long you've had your Caruso rollers? Quite a few reviews on the Internet say that some units only last 6 months, and while the company seems to be happy to replace them, seeing how I like in the UK it might not be a very practical option.

Also, I have seen two types of units: ones with a white lid and a "round" font for the logo ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CARUSO-PRO-HAIR-STYLING-SYSTEM-30-STEAM-HEATED-FOAM-ROLLERS-CURLERS-FREE-CLIPS-/160710575151?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_HairCare_Rollers_ Curlers&hash=item256b18c42f )

and ones with a red lid with a taller font ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caruso-SalonPro-30-Molecular-Steam-Hairsetter-C97953-/280792191103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416084d07f )

Is there a difference between these? Which one do you own?

Those two units are the same thing, sometimes they change the look, I have the one with the red top, my daughter has the white top. Identical products.
I have had my current Caruso about 8 years. I use it all the time. I still have my original Caruso from 1991 and it works fine too, but you have to put salt in the old units and I didn't want to mess with it anymore. I had another unit in between those two, but I knocked it off the counter and broke it.

Wow! Gorgeous!!!!! And you say they are not damaging to your hair?

I've been experimenting with no heat curlers, but my tender head just can't take the constant pressure of them being on my head. Whereas these would do the trick nicely, if you don't think they'll cause damage?

Do you use the clips that come with the rollers or do you use the jaw clip Conair kind?

No damage, they are wonderful. You have to use the clips that come with them, the Conair clips wouldn't work at all.

sfgirl
January 29th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Wow! that's beautiful! and they look so natural, not fake, or stiff, or crunchy, or fried!

K_Angel
January 30th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Thanks UB!!!! :blossom: By the way, you're hair is absolutely stunning! :thud:

Off the topic.... What hair color brand do you use and did you do a thread on it?

Ok, back on topic. I just ordered the Caruso curlers from Amazon! Yay!!!!!!! :cheese:

I hope they work on my hair!!!!!!!! :pray:

UltraBella
January 30th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Thanks UB!!!! :blossom: By the way, you're hair is absolutely stunning! :thud:

Off the topic.... What hair color brand do you use and did you do a thread on it?

Ok, back on topic. I just ordered the Caruso curlers from Amazon! Yay!!!!!!! :cheese:

I hope they work on my hair!!!!!!!! :pray:

I used to color my hair copper red with a Demi color from ColorSync but I have let it all wash out now and I am back to being a dark ash blonde.
Good luck with the Caruso !!!!!!

ericthegreat
January 30th, 2012, 05:38 PM

I know this thread is now two years old (man times flies fast!), but UltraBella once again I have to :thudpile:.

I know your hair is now shorter and more layered than this old photo, but still you have one of the best heads of hair ever on LHC.

jacqueline101
January 30th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I love the curls. I used to do foam sponge rollers and I wish my perm would go straight I'd start rolling and setting my hair. I miss doing that and I'm going heat free too.

DarkSky
January 31st, 2012, 07:54 AM
Amazing!!!! You have the most incredible hair UltraBella!! I used to use the caruso years ago when they needed salt added but I can't find that unit so I bought a new one yesterday.

Sorry if this has been already asked but what is your hair routine prior to putting in the rollers? I notice you have 2c waves naturally .. Do you just air dry first? Damp bun? What products are in your hair after washing? What direction do you roll your hair on the rollers? tnx soo much!!!

PixieKitten
January 31st, 2012, 08:06 AM
UltraBella, You totally have my dream hair. O.O *oggles in awe*

door72067
February 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
UltraBella (or anyone who might know), since you seem to have the longest experiences with the Caruso you might know this: has the roller design changed at all? my unit is navy blue and my rollers are white, navy and cranberry with grey sponge. It seems all the new units have red rollers. I'd like to get some additional large rollers, but I'm uncertain if the new rollers will be compatible with my unit.

thanks in advance :)

gthlvrmx
February 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Those are amazing curls! love them!

tokitoki
February 10th, 2012, 04:11 PM
First off, I'd like to thank everyone who has posted about these rollers, ever, I've literally spent days reading through all the posts. And of course a special thanks to UltraBella, and HintOfMint for renewing my interest. I'm glad I can't see everyone's pics, because if I could I probably would have already ordered my own set, haha. I was curious if anyone (especially someone with curly hair) has had these work, but then turn into frizz or something similar as their natural hair texture competed with the curls/waves? I figure for straight hair they just smooth out, but I'm curious what happens as the curls lose their hold in textured hair.
Thanks!

sarah061
February 10th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I know this thread is old, but since it came up as having new posts I just have to add:

Good lord!! Ultra Bella, your hair is just amazing. Then and now. Love it, love it, love it! <3 :crush:

HintOfMint
February 10th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Ultrabella, basically thanks to your endless praise of them, I finally bought a set and I adore it! I love the waves, and the steam actually conditions my hair. My hair had been a little dry from the winter, and the steam knocked some moisture back into it, which is awesome.

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who has posted about these rollers, ever, I've literally spent days reading through all the posts. And of course a special thanks to UltraBella, and HintOfMint for renewing my interest. I'm glad I can't see everyone's pics, because if I could I probably would have already ordered my own set, haha. I was curious if anyone (especially someone with curly hair) has had these work, but then turn into frizz or something similar as their natural hair texture competed with the curls/waves? I figure for straight hair they just smooth out, but I'm curious what happens as the curls lose their hold in textured hair.
Thanks!

You're very welcome.
My natural texture is wavy, possibly wavier than the 2a that I have listed as my hairtype. Check out my album, I have pics of how wavy my hair is, and the rollers work really well for me. I add a little leave in conditioner to my hair, and use a boar bristle brush to tug straight each section before I put it in each roller.
The next day, the curls have loosened some, but they still stay smooth.

Check out CurlyCap's review of them. She has very curly hair and used them successfully to loosen her curls (with some technique adjustment)

StellaKatherine
February 10th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Has anyone ever tried to use this kind of ( i don't know how you call them in english.. ). But i've been puting for a night sometimes. They are soft so i manage to sleep in them and i love the curls i get in the morning and no heat at all used !
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-g6jAXdzf6DM/Tt9nS4aB-TI/AAAAAAAAFgA/Y3N5y5YBZe4/s1600/IMG_1649.JPG

Sorry that photo was so huge... .

lapushka
February 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Has anyone ever tried to use this kind of ( i don't know how you call them in english.. ). But i've been puting for a night sometimes. They are soft so i manage to sleep in them and i love the curls i get in the morning and no heat at all used !

They're called flexi rods, if I'm not mistaken. :)

UltraBella
February 11th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Amazing!!!! You have the most incredible hair UltraBella!! I used to use the caruso years ago when they needed salt added but I can't find that unit so I bought a new one yesterday.

Sorry if this has been already asked but what is your hair routine prior to putting in the rollers? I notice you have 2c waves naturally .. Do you just air dry first? Damp bun? What products are in your hair after washing? What direction do you roll your hair on the rollers? tnx soo much!!!

I air dry, I put a tad bit of oil in my hair after showering and I also use an anti-frizz styling lotion. As for rolling my hair, it just depends on my mood and what look I am going for.

UltraBella (or anyone who might know), since you seem to have the longest experiences with the Caruso you might know this: has the roller design changed at all? my unit is navy blue and my rollers are white, navy and cranberry with grey sponge. It seems all the new units have red rollers. I'd like to get some additional large rollers, but I'm uncertain if the new rollers will be compatible with my unit.

thanks in advance :)

They all work on all the units.

door72067
February 11th, 2012, 10:17 PM
thank you!!

annamoonfairy
February 11th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Love the curls! How long do they last?

StellaKatherine
February 11th, 2012, 10:38 PM
lapushka (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=3102) , thank you :) I now know a new word, sometimes it's a pain in the ... to find translation to some of the word :)

sweetestpoison
February 11th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Such thick and beautiful hair! Keep up the good work n_n

LotusFIre
April 12th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I want to buy these now!! You are BEAUTIFUL!!! :)
Will I look just like you if I buy them?? I bet I will.

finzi
May 26th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Thread revival! (I hope...)

I bought a Caruso unit a couple of weeks ago. I've been experimenting with it and need some help getting the curls to stay! I have a question about using styling products with the Caruso.

I've tried adding setting lotion to the water in the unit, but this isn't going to be economical in the long run. I would have to add a decent amount of the setting lotion each time and there would be a lot of wastage. So I need to add the product to my hair before I apply the rollers. Problem is that the instructions say the rollers MUST be used on dry hair, but of course once I add product my hair is no longer dry. I could use the hair dryer for a few seconds to dry the hair again before I use the rollers, but will that mean that the styling product will no longer work?

To those of you who have successfully used styling products to hold the Caruso curls - how and when do you apply the styling product for best results?

muddblood21
September 30th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I LOVE my Caruso rollers. I too was lucky to get my curls to last for days. I have missed them while my hair has been short. I will use the old pics of myself with long curls as motivation to keep up my gentle hair care and vitamin plans! I will be rollin' my long (healthier!) locks again before I know it! :D

Beatrice
October 2nd, 2013, 06:33 PM
Thread revival! (I hope...)

I bought a Caruso unit a couple of weeks ago. I've been experimenting with it and need some help getting the curls to stay! I have a question about using styling products with the Caruso.

I've tried adding setting lotion to the water in the unit, but this isn't going to be economical in the long run. I would have to add a decent amount of the setting lotion each time and there would be a lot of wastage. So I need to add the product to my hair before I apply the rollers. Problem is that the instructions say the rollers MUST be used on dry hair, but of course once I add product my hair is no longer dry. I could use the hair dryer for a few seconds to dry the hair again before I use the rollers, but will that mean that the styling product will no longer work?

To those of you who have successfully used styling products to hold the Caruso curls - how and when do you apply the styling product for best results?

A gentle mousse works best for me, because it really conditions my coarse hair, yet it holds the curl and keeps it shiny. Suave Volumizing Mousse is dirt cheap and works great. It does have cones, but they're super light, and they leave my hair softer after a wash. I literally get compliments every single time I do my hair this way. I tried the Garnier Fructis mousse in their curls line, but found it too sticky and damaging.

The temporary moistened feeling you get from product isn't an issue--I think the instructions just want to caution you against wetting your whole head. I grab a section of hair, brush it, then run a squirt of mousse through that section while my roller is on the steam unit. Putting the mousse in one section at a time is best, because you get the curler in before the mousse has a chance to dry. And voila! Curls you can see your reflection in, yet they still feel soft!

As a side note, putting product in your hair is probably safer for your Caruso unit in the long run. Some people have trouble with mineral buildup from hard water eventually killing the unit; I'd worry that adding setting lotion to your water might eventually do the same. But who knows.

Mainesongbird
October 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
I love them, your hair is beautiful! =)