PDA

View Full Version : Growing oh so slow....

lillylonghair
July 30th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I was just thinking about how when my hair was super short it appeared to grow more quickly. I feel like this is because of how different it looks with every inch and all of the different styles. When it gets to shoulder and beyond it seems to slow down. Maybe this is just and illusion because it is all hanging in one place?

I have been pondering why it seems like my hair is taking FOREVER to get from APL to BSL. Sorry for the ramble! Just wondering if anyone is the in the same boat or has been.

ptnicole
July 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
I think it is an illusion...shoulder to BSL is a weird stage. Once I hit APL, it started feeling long and seems to be growing faster....even though I know it is pretty much at the same rate as before :)

LouLaLa
July 30th, 2010, 02:56 PM
I think its an akward transition because the hair also has to go over the chest so it seems like its not as long as it has to go over the bust.

Mine felt like it was at thats stage forever too but I think it was just an illusion as the last time I has waist length hair I remember it went form about BSL to MBL in no time at all (so it seemed)

squiggyflop
July 30th, 2010, 03:04 PM
well i wasnt in the same boat ever with apl to bsl.(i was on super vitamins that made me go from shoulder to bsl in 6-8 weeks.. so i dont even remember apl). but i felt that way about getting from hip to tailbone and im feeling like its now taking even longer to get to classic.. just hang in there :)

LouLaLa
July 30th, 2010, 03:06 PM
well i wasnt in the same boat ever with apl to bsl.(i was on super vitamins that made me go from shoulder to bsl in 6-8 weeks.. so i dont even remember apl). but i felt that way about getting from hip to tailbone and im feeling like its now taking even longer to get to classic

If you dont mind me asking what were the vitamins? Anything that may help me get to virgin hair quicker without totally sacrificing my length would be great :)

squiggyflop
July 30th, 2010, 03:12 PM
If you dont mind me asking what were the vitamins? Anything that may help me get to virgin hair quicker without totally sacrificing my length would be great :)
natrol skin hair nails along with a centrum multi.. the natrol tastes super nasty.. i dont think i would take them again just because they are so gross.. seriously yucky.. i was getting like 3 inches a month on them.. but its not worth it for the awful taste..

LouLaLa
July 30th, 2010, 03:19 PM
natrol skin hair nails along with a centrum multi.. the natrol tastes super nasty.. i dont think i would take them again just because they are so gross.. seriously yucky.. i was getting like 3 inches a month on them.. but its not worth it for the awful taste..

Thankyou :blossom:

I might give it a go if I see them in the shops, Im used to awful vitamin tablets, my calcium tablets which were meant to taste of apple are really horrid!

jera
July 30th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Having landmarks helps you to realize you're making progress even if you don't feel like you are. :)
I'm dreading the classic to knee journey because there just aren't any landmarks between them. :(

ptnicole
July 30th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Totally hijacking for a second...:o

Jera...love your avatar...just watched Troy the other night. Oh such beautiful inspiring hair!!!!!!!!!!!

OK...back to the subject at hand.

spidermom
July 30th, 2010, 03:44 PM
The worst stage for me so far has been BSL to waist; it took FOREVER. Hip to classic length has taken a long time, too, mostly because I get frustrated with tangly, damaged ends and cut them off. But not this year. My last cut was in January and I'm cutting nothing but single, damaged hairs until next January. I want to get to goal already!

amnicare
July 30th, 2010, 03:44 PM
It feels like it grows even slower when you have curly hair. I think you lose about 2 inches in growth for every six inches/year. So I get about four inches a year as opposed to a straight haired person who gets six inches. Us curly hairs do have an advantage though, because our hair looks thicker than it actually is :)

lillylonghair
July 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks for all of the stories ladies! I'm glad I'm not the only one.I think part of it is that I FINALLY had a post partum shed so my hair also seems a bit thinner and I had a bit of trim a month ago.I have been taking biotin and am still on my prenatals but I think I am going to have my husband start taking a picture and measure me once a month to acurately track my growth.

lillylonghair
July 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM

I have heard of those on the boards but I have never seen them anywhere. Did you order them?

squiggyflop
July 30th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I have heard of those on the boards but I have never seen them anywhere. Did you order them?
bought them at shoprite (its a grocery store)..
you can order them though

lillylonghair
July 30th, 2010, 10:07 PM
bought them at shoprite (its a grocery store)..
you can order them though

Yaay for shoprite!!!:cheese: There are no shoprites here but I will be back with my mom up north for a few weeks so maybe I will try to hunt them down while I'm there.

lillylonghair
July 30th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Oh and I had my husband measure my hair today.He said I'm just about 24 inches!

christine1989
July 30th, 2010, 11:43 PM
It sure seems that way for me (especially since I have waves) but when I measure it is always the same 1 inch per month. I think a lot depends on the hair texture.

lastnite
July 31st, 2010, 01:23 AM

just checking before I try these myself... these are the correct ones? http://www.drugstore.com/qxp32890_333181_sespider/natrol/skin___hair___nails_for_women.htm

squiggyflop
July 31st, 2010, 12:31 PM
just checking before I try these myself... these are the correct ones? http://www.drugstore.com/qxp32890_333181_sespider/natrol/skin___hair___nails_for_women.htm
yes thats them.. horrible things.. dont open the bottle near your face or the smell/gas thats trapped in there suddenly escaping will make you vomit.. yuck.. it has to be taken with a multivitamin like centrum though

Joliebaby
July 31st, 2010, 01:23 PM
My hair only started growing slowly once I got back to the hair boards :D
The watched kettle and all that.. yup yup.
My hair just WILL NOT cover my bra strap.

lillylonghair
July 31st, 2010, 07:26 PM
My hair only started growing slowly once I got back to the hair boards :D
The watched kettle and all that.. yup yup.
My hair just WILL NOT cover my bra strap.

Maybe I need to do a 'hairup' challenge for a month or two. I used to wear it up in little twists when it was short. Then when I finally wore it down I couldn't believe how much growth I had.

x0h_bother
July 31st, 2010, 08:10 PM
I feel your pain...my hair grew a whopping 1.5" in a little under 4 months. I always knew I was a slow grower but that plus shedding this year makes me really sad. *non-trimmers look away now* I think both shedding and less growth might be due to not trimming my hair at all for 4 months. Although it is a myth that trimming increases growth, trimming might prevent hairfall for my damaged hair and I personally have noticed slower growth when I do not trim my hair. I don't know why though :(.