PDA

View Full Version : going cone free :D

kristymarie87
July 30th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I just looked at my new conditioner and its cone free!!

I hadnt really thought of it before so im wondering what kind of effect it will have on my hair?

I guess it will absorb the aloe vera now!

What are peoples experiences going cone free? I still use SLS shampoos.

Also i'm going for a trim tomorrow and im quite excited! Im still not decided on whether to get a fringe or not so i might ask the stylist what to do (i trust her!). I've also decided to embrace my layers whilst slowly growing them a bit.

:cheese:<< Just because Chandlers teasing Monica about her cheese house idea :D

little_cherry
July 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM
After going cone free, I found that the damage the cones were hiding appeared..this was a great thing as I was able to just trim it off and be on my merry way... my hair is much softer, more bouncy and brighter....it's much lighter, too! :) Oiling is more effective and my henna looks brighter. :)

SlightlySoprano
July 30th, 2010, 01:40 PM
The only thing you need to be careful of is when you go cone free, DO NOT USE HEAT ON YOUR HAIR.

The Silicone protects your hair from heat damage. Without it, you will literally fry your hair.

Congrats! :D

ptnicole
July 30th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Ditto what Little Cherry said...bouncy, soft, felt so good. But, after first clarifying shampoo (you need to do this to get rid of cone build-up before going cone-free...I like Suave Clarifying SHampoo), and CO, I saw the damage. I had layers trimmed up in May and June and now it is happy growing. NO HEAT for sure! If I have to use heat for a night out or whatever, I use a cone. Next day...SMT!

pepperminttea
July 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
One other thing; does your shampoo contain cones? It's something associated more with conditioners, but it's often in shampoos too.

Henrietta
July 30th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Just after clarifying I had frizzy hair but now I CWC and I keep the second condish for at least 20 minutes and the effect is even better than when I was using cones. I have even smoother and more shiny hair. Don't be afraid:) Hair without cones doesn't mean "hair that looks bad". And it's true- it absorbs things like oils and aloe vera better.

kristymarie87
July 31st, 2010, 09:04 AM
Gah..... i still cant get rid of the heat im afraid. My hairdresser says its about an inch until i get through the awkward phase so maybe after that! I only use them once a week so i guess i could use cones just that day?!

I will be posting piccies of my new 'do' shortly :D