PDA

View Full Version : When I have long hair I will . . .

Henrietta
July 29th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Any dreams? Projects? Ideas?

I do have some. By the way, my goal is knee;) Here we go:
1. I will run with my hair down sometimes. I feel free when I run.
2. I will wear it down outside from time to time. No wind, please.
3. I will do all of this awesome hairstyles that I can't do now, with BSL hair.
4. I will swim with the hair down. I love this feeling.

Who cares about tangles?:)

SpinDance
July 29th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I don't really have any particular goals or anything, other than to enjoy my hair and try to keep it in good shape, better shape over time. However I do have a comment. I learned that if hair is long enough to wrap around your upper arm while swimming it will do so, then pull. Ouch! lol

May
July 29th, 2010, 12:03 PM
When I have long hair I...

will wash it at night and bun it damp so I can just get up and go!

will stop flat ironing it :)

won't have to blowdry it in the morning. What a p.i.t.a :P (yay)

will breathe a sigh of relief :happydance:

wvgemini
July 29th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Won't have to worry about all the flippy bits looking weird.
I'll be able to put it up in fun styles.
DBF will be able to run his hands through all of it :)
I will be able to run my hands through it.

LittleOrca
July 29th, 2010, 12:16 PM
When I have long hair, I will...

1) ...tie my braid into a noose (something I have wanted to do with my hair since I was like 11).
2) ...wear it up in beautiful braided buns that seem to be not as nice on me at the moment.
3) ...have a long hawser braid.
4) ...wear it down on both celebrations and rare everyday events just to get a reaction ( :o )
5) ...have a nice u-shaped hemline instead of my fairytale ends.
6) ...have all my virgin hair color back.
7) ...take a picture in one of those historic styled kiosks and pretend that I am the 8th Sutherland sister. :D
8.) ... wear strands of pearls in it when I goto the beach and prove to onlookers that I am a mermaid (read once in a children's book that if you met a woman with really long hair (waist +) she was probably a mermaid in disguise, rofl)... heck, I'm going to do that now. :)

-j-
July 29th, 2010, 12:21 PM
...will wear all my pretty hair toys and NOT stick just to a pony tail. This is a promise!

Henrietta
July 29th, 2010, 12:59 PM

1) ...tie my braid into a noose (something I have wanted to do with my hair since I was like 11).
2) ...wear it up in beautiful braided buns that seem to be not as nice on me at the moment.
3) ...have a long hawser braid.
4) ...wear it down on both celebrations and rare everyday events just to get a reaction ( :o )
5) ...have a nice u-shaped hemline instead of my fairytale ends.
6) ...have all my virgin hair color back.
7) ...take a picture in one of those historic styled kiosks and pretend that I am the 8th Sutherland sister. :D
8.) ... wear strands of pearls in it when I goto the beach and prove to onlookers that I am a mermaid (read once in a children's book that if you met a woman with really long hair (waist +) she was probably a mermaid in disguise, rofl)... heck, I'm going to do that now. :)

Me too! :)

crazy_margaret
July 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Wear a lazy wrap bun... on the days I am not wearing it in a chinese bun....

ptnicole
July 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM
....will post a thread loaded with pics for all my friends at LHC!
...will swing my head when I walk :p
...will do a braided bun....so beautiful and intricate to me!

Yamainu
July 29th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Wear Sailor Moon's hairdo, and reassure people that, yes, it IS all my hair!

Be able to do Elizabethan taping.

Have a pretty blunt (or U shaped, if I must) hemline instead of fairytale ends.

Not have annoying bits that stick out of updoes because my layers will all be gone!

Henrietta
July 29th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Wear Sailor Moon's hairdo, and reassure people that, yes, it IS all my hair!

Be able to do Elizabethan taping.

Have a pretty blunt (or U shaped, if I must) hemline instead of fairytale ends.

Not have annoying bits that stick out of updoes because my layers will all be gone!

I am waiting for Elizabethan taping too. I am afraid I will become an addict. I have bought ribbons already! Every possible colour:D Can't wait for long hair now;)

terryn
July 29th, 2010, 01:42 PM
... will know a millionbillion hairstyles and will wear them regularly
... will learn how to braid/french/dutch braid my own hair
... will learn how to lace braid my hair
... will have no layers
... will probably be constantly looking at the ends, as it will be the first time in my life I have ever been able to do it
... will do rag or pin curls for special events

Merewen
July 29th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I will wear my hair down sometimes.
I will do hair taping
I will tie my hair in a knot and still have a ponytail.

For starters.

Alcenaia
July 29th, 2010, 01:53 PM

:p Glad it's not just me!

If it counts for this thread, I like to enjoy the feeling of long hair against new parts of skin that it didn't touch before. :) Progress.

LittleOrca
July 29th, 2010, 02:00 PM
:p Glad it's not just me!

If it counts for this thread, I like to enjoy the feeling of long hair against new parts of skin that it didn't touch before. :) Progress.

Me too! :)

I felt a little vain for making that one of my things, but it's true and my hair is the only thing I am really vain about. :rolleyes:

LouLaLa
July 29th, 2010, 02:07 PM
When I have long hair I will...

1. Grow it virgin and it will feel silky.
2. I will make a giant sock bun in the style of Ultra Bella's.
3. I will curl it (no heat!) and it will be huge and surprising to everyone!
4. I will not cut it unless I want to get rid of splits ends.

Tonks
July 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
I only really have two goals when I get to my goal (at least waist or hip, and at most classic):

- get married with it long and loose, and
- dread it all into the start of a new crop of dreadlocks after

jera
July 29th, 2010, 02:54 PM
When my hair reaches its goal I will :

Walk down a city street holding a parasol, with my knee length hair swinging jaunitily from side to side as spectators pause, nudge eachother, and comment, " Doesn't that woman have beautiful long hair !" ;)

Walk in the forest and play peekabo behind the trees letting my ankle length hair trail decadently behind me. :D

Do something with DBF I'm as yet unable to do because my hair isn't long enough. :eyebrows:

Keildra
July 29th, 2010, 03:02 PM
-flaunt it in front of my neice and her friends who all want long hair but refuse to listen to my advice :twisted:.
-have my hubby help me comb through it every night
-shock everybody on that one special occasion that I wear it down

squiggyflop
July 29th, 2010, 03:12 PM
i will
wear many braided updos
i will have a bluntish hemline
i will wear it down whenever i want to feel extra pretty..

wait i think i missed the point.. i already do these things.. i guess my hair is long already.. well its long by local connecticut standards.. im only going to grow another 5 inches

Squeak toy
July 29th, 2010, 03:21 PM
My goal now is term or atleast knee. Then I will:

be able to do any hairstyle I see
feel like a princess when my hair is down, or up
truly feel like I have long hair

Fern
July 29th, 2010, 03:30 PM
When I hit my goal of classic I will wear it down on my birthday and other special days. I will also do really pretty updos that I cant do now, and by then I will have mastered the art of a double french braid.

spidermom
July 29th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Have a professional photography session done. (needed - long hair photographer)

freckles
July 29th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Have a professional photography session done. (needed - long hair photographer)

I seriously cannot wait to see your goal-length-professional-photography, spidermom. It will be AMAZING! And you're so close to goal :) ETA: assuming you choose to share them with LHC, that is :)

littleflowerr
July 29th, 2010, 03:43 PM
My goal has always just been tailbone. As im pretty short :] But i want to be able to just wear it down when i go out :) or learn some cool hairdo's they do in chinese opera :D haha

lapushka
July 29th, 2010, 03:58 PM
... will have conquered my double crown (http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/doublecrown.htm) and other contrary bits that spike and stick out when my hair's shorter.

*Aoife*
July 29th, 2010, 04:07 PM
-I will do those pretty crown braid thingeys!
-I'll swoosh my hair like there's no tomorrow!
-I will have learned how to french braid.

irishlady
July 29th, 2010, 04:26 PM
will be able to do so much more with it...

will feel a lot better about my hair...

longblondetan
July 29th, 2010, 04:28 PM
my goal is waist, i will make DBF brush it every night.
Will stop using heat :(
will brag!!

LouLaLa
July 29th, 2010, 04:30 PM
... will have conquered my double crown (http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/doublecrown.htm) and other contrary bits that spike and stick out when my hair's shorter.

Ooh i forgot about this! I would dearly love to have enough hair for a dutch crown one day, hopefully, December!

btw your hair is so pretty!

GlennaGirl
July 29th, 2010, 04:50 PM
When I will have long hair I...

...will brush it and brush it, just like Marcia Brady used to. Yeah, I know. :p Tough! It'll be MY hair and if I want to overbrush it and toss it around, that's just what I'll do. :D

Amelia
July 29th, 2010, 05:02 PM
-Will do all the up dos I already know. Unlike most people I started the other way around. First I watched every video on up dos, and then i decided to grow the hair lol

-Will be vain as heck and display my curls for family and friends to see ;)

-Will do intricate Victorian/Edwardian dos I can get my hands on!! (if the volume will allow to grow past waist)

Stormcast
July 29th, 2010, 05:08 PM
go busy places with my hair down, just to show it off ;)

constantki
July 29th, 2010, 05:40 PM
. . . wear it down ONLY at weddings and other special events
. . . Style it like sailor moon xD I want odangos with my hair trailing to my knees!!
. . . NOT donate it!! Not after all of my patience!!
. . . Grow it out to be thick, and with straight ends.
. . . hopefully, finally be able to dutch braid by then and wear it in long, beautiful braids as often as possible. I want to be able to sit on my braids someday..

Elistariel
July 29th, 2010, 05:50 PM
1.) Will learn to do a crown braid.
2.) Will go around with Princess Leia Cinnamon buns at least once, with friends, just to see what people do or say.
3.) Have a decent sized bun
4.) Try some Victorian hairstyles.
5.) Go about my day in some of Princess Leia's more tame styles.
6.) Do any movie style I can and just geek out.
7.) Do a psyche knot.
This one: (Granted I can't really tell what's going on in those tiny photos.)
http://frazzledfrau.tripod.com/titanic/psyche.htm
Not this one: (This just looks like a bun to me.)
http://beautyisathingofthepast.blogspot.com/2009/02/psyche-knot.html

spidermom
July 29th, 2010, 05:58 PM
I will definitely share my photographs when I get to goal length.

kwaniesiam
July 29th, 2010, 06:00 PM
1. Feel a lot less frumpy than I do now.

2. Be able to wear pretty updos with fancy hair toys.

3. Have the hair I always wanted.

4. Will feel special because long, natural, healthy hair is a rarity in the beauty profession.

GoddesJourney
July 29th, 2010, 06:23 PM
1. Enjoy the feel of it every day, especially right before I get in the shower when I can feel it on all the skin on my back and around my arms.
2. Make long, beautiful braids and admire them.
3. Take down those long braids and enjoy the sexy braid wave thing.
4. Throw all of my hair around my husband and kiss him in a romantic setting, like overlooking the ocean or something.
5. Have my husband braid it for me.
6. Have sexy but tasteful pin-up style photography done with my hair both down and up for a special anniversary.
7. Enjoy it, enjoy it, enjoy it!

I may also have to wear sailor moon's hairstyle at least once, just for the fun of it (out). It will be fun to get to do some new hairstyles I've never done before. It will also be nice to surprise my husband, since there will definately be times where I won't see him for awhile.

melikai
July 30th, 2010, 12:19 AM
When I get to my goal length (maybe Classic now?), I will:

~Hopefully be able to do a crown braid
~Be able to do more interesting updos than I can now
~Enjoy the feel of it all the way down my back on nude skin
~Feel much more like my true self

Synthemesc
July 30th, 2010, 01:36 AM
1.) Will learn to do a crown braid.
2.) Will go around with Princess Leia Cinnamon buns at least once, with friends, just to see what people do or say.
3.) Have a decent sized bun
4.) Try some Victorian hairstyles.
5.) Go about my day in some of Princess Leia's more tame styles.
6.) Do any movie style I can and just geek out.
7.) Do a psyche knot.
This one: (Granted I can't really tell what's going on in those tiny photos.)
http://frazzledfrau.tripod.com/titanic/psyche.htm
Not this one: (This just looks like a bun to me.)
http://beautyisathingofthepast.blogspot.com/2009/02/psyche-knot.html

Second the geeking out, and you know I'm trying those crazy Padme styles that need the foam tubes.
Going to go to a busy public place, take out my bun and headbang like there's no tomorrow... and probably get carted off by the men in white coats.

wvgemini
July 30th, 2010, 05:47 AM
~Go to the club with my man wearing my hair up and then take it down and shake it out all shampoo commercial style.
~Flaunt it

tabby28
July 30th, 2010, 07:15 AM
- Braid, braid , braid. I have an absolute fascination with historical hairstyles (history in general actually, but the hairstyles and clothes are really amazing). Taping, perimeter braids, lace braids, crown braids, every kind with lots of accent braids! Incidentally, I will have to find a braid mad friend too because I'll never be able to achieve all these on my own! (at least not without them being all wonky...)

- Wear my long hair with my own handmade re-enactment dresses appropriate to the era. I dont suppose this will happen very often really because they are only so many events you can wear such things to, but it will be as often as I can make it and maybe sometimes just around the house :D

- Have a little second wedding/vow/handfasting renewal ceremony with my husband and get to have the beautiful long hair I always dreamed I'd have, and wear colour this time instead of white (preferably deep emerald or ruby). So so looking forward to this one!

- Look back at photographs of my hair at shoulder length and above and be amazed that it could ever have been so short!

- Have correctly cared for and nourished my hair for enough years to make it silky soft and lovely the way it was before I was lured to do daft things to it with dye and devillish heat device inventions, grrrr.

-Stop feeling jealus of my best friend who has had long, beautiful silky hair all the time Ive known her, and yet who treats her hair so badly. I once watched her pull a clump out because it wouldn't go into the plait she was doing and she was late for work!!! She just shrugged and said 'its so thick, I could do with getting rid of some'!!!

- Get some of those pretty hair accessories everyone on here has and that are currently useless to me until my poor hair gets BSL.

About all I can think of for now...:D

IcarusBride
July 30th, 2010, 07:35 AM
I'm another who wants to wear Sailor Moon's hairstyle!!!

LouLaLa
July 30th, 2010, 07:40 AM
...will brush it and brush it, just like Marcia Brady used to. Yeah, I know. :p Tough! It'll be MY hair and if I want to overbrush it and toss it around, that's just what I'll do. :D

This made me giggle so much! It was brilliant hair. Just make sure there isnt a jan behind you with any scissors!:p

Purdy Bear
July 30th, 2010, 07:50 AM
My goal is tail bone from nearly 0 all over, so I would do the following:

1. Try all the hairstyles Iv learnt and also the ones Iv invented.

2. Treak my hair with total adoration and reverance, giving it the best of treatments etc.

3. Not listen to others when they say I need to chopped off.

4. Really appreciate being warm, or cool.

5. Comb my hair and really appreciate it being there.

6. Make sure I S & D regularly.

7. Have lots and lots of photos taken.

Loviatar
July 30th, 2010, 10:34 AM
...will have no money because I've spent it all on hairtoys. :D

09robiha
July 30th, 2010, 10:41 AM
- will put it into tiny braids with lots of differant color ribbons so it looks like rainbows

- be able to tie my hair in a knot...and get it to stay there

tinti
July 30th, 2010, 11:44 AM
When I have long hair I'll:
Take it down to wow everybody who thought I couldn't say no to scissors!
Wear a billion hairstyles that I can't now at BSL
Wear rag culs.
Have at least one hair fork to wow people with

Renbirde
July 30th, 2010, 12:17 PM
... try to reconstruct all the Gondorian ladies lovely updos! And make their hairtoys. But that's not really related to the hair length...

Dreams_in_Pink
July 30th, 2010, 12:39 PM
<shallow>...I will simply rock it!! :D I'm gonna make all short-haired gals jealous! :cheese: </shallow>

Angeletti
July 30th, 2010, 03:28 PM
as soon as I get it the way I want it I would love to get professional pictures taken outside, I got the idea when I came across a photographer's website a while ago that had pictures of over a hundred people who all had tailbone or longer hair and the pictures were done in very artistic ways. too bad the photographer is from Germany and not around my area

schiele
July 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Learn how to do tons of up-dos, but still wear hair down at least twice a week (like another poster said, it's my hair to damage if I want to. :P)

Oh, and spend all of the money I make on hair toys.

Eden_Rayn
July 30th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Crown braid...been wanting to do this for ages
Princess Leia's hair styles (ESB battle of Hoth in particular)
Padme Amidala's hair styles

Cosmicfish
July 30th, 2010, 04:30 PM
When my hair is to my lower back I will:

~Curl it into ringlets without looking like Shirley Temple
~Leave it natural, and only dye it with henna
~Feel accomplished to sticking with something
~braid flowers in my hair or get those little strings/beads wrapped around some strands like girl's did when I was younger.

klcqtee
July 30th, 2010, 06:57 PM
1. Enjoy the feel of it every day, especially right before I get in the shower when I can feel it on all the skin on my back and around my arms.
2. Make long, beautiful braids and admire them.
3. Take down those long braids and enjoy the sexy braid wave thing.
4. Throw all of my hair around my husband and kiss him in a romantic setting, like overlooking the ocean or something.
5. Have my husband braid it for me.
6. Have sexy but tasteful pin-up style photography done with my hair both down and up for a special anniversary.
7. Enjoy it, enjoy it, enjoy it!

I may also have to wear sailor moon's hairstyle at least once, just for the fun of it (out). It will be fun to get to do some new hairstyles I've never done before. It will also be nice to surprise my husband, since there will definately be times where I won't see him for awhile.

I will do that! When my hair is virgin and its goal length I will also:
Wear it down as often as I want (so long as it's safe and practical)
Do lots of heat free curls and half ups! (part of wearing it down)
Enjoy experimenting with layers, hemlines, and bangs
Never touch hair dye again
Enjoy my grays as they grow in!

sarah061
July 30th, 2010, 07:55 PM
- Will walk barefoot through meadows with my hair loose :cloud9:

- Will feel like a goddess at the beach and in the shower when it's wet and flows around me

-Will pull all of it up into a bun held with a ficcare and enjoy swooshing it all around when I take it down

- Will have a nice thick hemline!

- Will style it in a fishtail braid that's pulled over my shoulder like in this pic: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XHek9Q0Yox4/SzltF5KOSEI/AAAAAAAAAKs/TWMAtC6dDHc/s320/DDblogsleekfishtaillookphoto.jpg

christine1989
July 30th, 2010, 08:27 PM
1. I will curl it more often,
2....do a new, awesome updo every day,
3....buy more hairtoys that compliment my natural color,
4....trim more often (to maintain healthy ends),
5....get up early to do my hair!

virgo75
July 30th, 2010, 08:35 PM
I just wanna play with it.

I miss feeling long hair on my back. :(

triumphator!
July 30th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I think about this all the time. When I have long hair I...

Will wear a different bun/braid with a different accessory each day
Will spend hours playing with it and cherishing it like a pet (I'm one of those people that has a need to pour affection into something... and I have no pets)
Will have a ton of gorgeous hairtoys which I display artfully in vases
Will only wear my hair down for the men I take to bed, it seems so intimate to me once you've got long hair :p
Will have an arsenal of amazing updos for special occasions
Will love every beautiful inch of it
Will never donate it to LoL again
Will grow old with my hair and love my grays

Ylesque
July 30th, 2010, 09:44 PM
My hair knowledge and goals have changed quite a bit since joining LHC, so these are just ones I'm coming up with on the spur if the moment! :) I...

Will damp bun and rag curl to get nice heatless waves and curls.
Will be able to make a respectable braid without huge amounts of taper or sticky-outy bits.
Will try lots of movie and anime up-dos (another one for the Sailor Moon style!) for my own geeky enjoyment
Will have a huge collection of gorgeous hair toys, and finally have enough hair to pull off the more ornate ones. Kanzashi ahoy! :D
Will spoil it to death with all manner of conditioning treatments! :cheese:

Katurday
July 31st, 2010, 01:32 AM
I will tie it back in a long English braid to my bum in a soft, flowing dress and my hair will shine like the blackest sea with a burning fire glaze inside. All around me, people will stop and stare and wonder if I was real for I will finally be that brand of effortless, natural, and free beauty.

Joliebaby
July 31st, 2010, 02:38 AM
I will not "fear" growing old because I will have my long, gorgeous hair even if I don't have my youthful skin and looks. Not that I fear growing old, but I just think it's nice to think that the older I get the more hair I will have!!! I have been completely bald and had all the funky cute short styles and colors and now I have gotten all that out of my system, I feel so zen :D

And yes, wear it down every once in while, wear elaborate updo's, wear flowers in my hair, swim with it loose, just enjoy it!

Joliebaby
July 31st, 2010, 02:40 AM

- Will feel like a goddess at the beach and in the shower when it's wet and flows around me

-Will pull all of it up into a bun held with a ficcare and enjoy swooshing it all around when I take it down

- Will have a nice thick hemline!

- Will style it in a fishtail braid that's pulled over my shoulder like in this pic: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XHek9Q0Yox4/SzltF5KOSEI/AAAAAAAAAKs/TWMAtC6dDHc/s320/DDblogsleekfishtaillookphoto.jpg

Me too me too :cheese:
Love the pic - dark blonde can be totally gorgeous!

Jules diamond
July 31st, 2010, 02:47 AM

- enjoy feeling it brush against my back
- Possibly color it all crimson
- wear it down all the time
- learn some styles finally
- feel like myself.

Henrietta
August 27th, 2010, 09:32 AM
One more thing: I will do a crochet braid. It requires very long hair and looks breathtaking to me. Grow hair, grow!!

arwenevenstar37
August 27th, 2010, 09:38 AM

put it up in a celtic knot
wear it in beautiful braids going down the back
be glad to be rid of all the little bits sticking out
feel like an elven princess :P

LoversLullaby
August 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM
-Wear long, glorious, thick braids
-Wear intricite updos
-Buy pretty hairtoys!
-Wear it down for special events and occasions, to wow everyone on it's length (and hopefully thickness?)
-Trim to keep a U-shaped hemline
-Feel like a princess. :)

naples
August 27th, 2010, 03:58 PM
I feel like i am already there since i have never had hair this long. At first i wanted to feel like a lion and then it was swinging my ponytail around for some reason. now i dont know.

Qwackie
August 27th, 2010, 04:04 PM
When I have long hair I'm gonna get an awesome anime mullet like thing.
And I'll actually be able to do something with it.

ArienEllariel
September 4th, 2010, 12:48 AM
When my hair is at least classic length, I will put it up in Sailor Moon buns and wear it in public. :P I can't help it, I'm a nerd..

When I have long hair, I will wear all of Princess Leia's hairdos and watch everyone's expressions.

I will fun barefoot through a meadow and let my long hair dance in the wind.

I will brush it and style it to my heart's content.

I will never cut it super short again.

I will dress up as Rapunzel at least once.

Henrietta
September 4th, 2010, 03:45 AM

put it up in a celtic knot
wear it in beautiful braids going down the back
be glad to be rid of all the little bits sticking out
feel like an elven princess :P

Me too, me too! How could I forget about a celtic knot?!

XcaliburGirl
September 4th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Will get to use all my neglected hair sticks again.
Can wear it down without it fluffing out weird.
Can try out all the buns I was too unimaginative to try before.
Won't have to worry about ponytail elastic damage.
Will have fairytale ends instead of blunt-cut layers.
Wear my Arwen costume and have it look authentic.
Will get a hair sword.
Will ALSO walk around in Star Wars styles to see if anyone notices.

julliams
September 4th, 2010, 06:08 AM
1) Will finally get people telling me how long my hair is
2) Will see all those cool hairstyles and try them out (and they will work)
3) Will wear my hair in a rope braid and it will resemble a rope
4) Have a really long ponytail
5) Put my hands on my waist and catch my hair by mistake
6) Will always catch myself by surprise at how long my hair is when I see myself in a shop window
7) A trim will mean that I'm maintaining healthy hair rather than taking a setback for health's sake

annarose
September 4th, 2010, 08:39 AM
.....I will make some mans jaw drop when I pull out my hairstick from my bun and have all this shiny luscious hair cascade down.

Sexiest thing ever!! :eyebrows:

smileycat
September 4th, 2010, 10:14 AM
I love this thread!

I will...

...wear braids. TWO braids. Two plain English braids. My favorite style.

...wear it down and make it swish when I walk. Hey, I do that now! I love feeling my hair swish across my upper back!

Bene
September 4th, 2010, 10:41 AM
... will do everything that I do now. Keep it up and away when I'm outside, and only take it down when I'm at home to play with :D

FrizzFighter
September 4th, 2010, 11:55 AM
This is a great thread. I will feel braids down low on my back (instead of bumbing along on at my armpits). I will wear a celtic knot or a figure 8. I will make lovely braided buns. I will feel like myself again.

CrisDee
September 4th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Wow, this Super Shortie is envious of all the posters with waist length+ hair who are saying "When I have long hair..." - you already HAVE long hair! :flower:

I'll just be thrilled when I can get it all into a pony tail.

But when I have LONG hair, I....

~will be able to use all my old hair toys
~will be able to use all the cool new hair toys I've "bought on spec" :D
~will be able to try the awesome updos I've seen on LHC
~will feel like my true self again

Johanna
September 5th, 2010, 02:28 AM
I want to be able to have my hair in a braid and wrap it around my neck and it will drape over my shoulder and stay there.

I want to be able to sit in the passanger seat of the car and tickle my fiance's face with the end of my hair without having to move.

I want to be able to have two braids on each side of my head and then be able to wrap them over the top of my head and overlap at the back. At the moment they almost meet at the elastic bands.

I want to accidently sit on my hair at least once in my life.

Henrietta
September 7th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I will be taking it down at nights (no wind!) and walking with my dog. Or just walking around the city:)

Capybara
September 7th, 2010, 10:56 AM
I just wanted to drop by and say that I'm really enjoying this thread :flower:

swivelhop
September 7th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I'll swim in the river.
Lay around in the grass.
Do strange things on dance floors.

Alix
September 7th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I will be able to put it in a single french braid. My hair is APL and I still can't get it into one because it's so blasted slick. And thick.

Mexibeach
September 7th, 2010, 12:14 PM
I will not cut it again!
I will let it flow in the wind!
I will be warm!!!!

beez1717
September 7th, 2010, 05:04 PM
When I get long hair I will twirl around and around so my hair goes flying around and look oh so pretty. i will also braid it and be proud of it :)

estherbeth
September 7th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I will enjoy the weight of my braid all down my back.

I will dance around in the back yard at night with it loose at least once.

Might start trimming to build up a thick hemline, which I can't bear to do right now.

Nastasia
September 7th, 2010, 11:32 PM
When my hair is classic length, I will wear it down once in a while just to see the looks on people's faces.

I'll be able to wrap my braid all the way around my head.

I will take sexy photos of me wearing nothing but my hair.

UltraBella
September 8th, 2010, 01:36 AM

1. Grow it virgin and it will feel silky.
2. I will make a giant sock bun in the style of Ultra Bella's.
3. I will curl it (no heat!) and it will be huge and surprising to everyone!
4. I will not cut it unless I want to get rid of splits ends.

:flower:
How sweet ! What a compliment !

Kibitzer
September 8th, 2010, 02:02 AM
When my hair gets long I will stop obsessing over how long till I reach my goal length.

KittyLost
September 9th, 2010, 03:28 AM
When I Have Long Hair I Will......

1) Leave it down once in a while and let my waves reign free!
2) Learn how to do awesome updo's
3) Swish my hair
4) Dress up as Lara Croft for a fancydress party with a big fat french braid
5) Take a Lady Godiva picture
6) Have virgin hair and be proud
7) Not take it for granted!

Henrietta
September 10th, 2010, 02:55 PM
When my hair gets long I will stop obsessing over how long till I reach my goal length.

Oh... Right! How could I forget about it!
I will stop obsessing too. No more checking how long it is and how far from the goal I am:D

Ruce
September 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I want to be able to put my hair into a braid and just swing it around. It would be like a person weapon while looking stylish at the same time! I'm male, and I get stares even with my shoulder length hair, so goodness knows what people will think when they see me with tailbone length!

Ruce
September 10th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Sorry, I meant personal, not person. Apologies if there's actually a way to edit posts, because I can't seem to find any such function.

HintOfMint
September 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I will put it into an infinity bun without little poking-out ends
I will pretend to be Venus in Botticelli's Birth of Venus (at home in the privacy of my room)
I will do Heidi-braids.
I will be even more vain about my hair than I already am at the moment.

ScarlettAdelle
September 10th, 2010, 06:22 PM
-will have my hair virgin and to my knees when dry and curly.
-will be able to wear it down and curly because gravity will prevent it from just puffing.
-will rag curl it into loose waves and feel like an elf all summer and will do elaborate styles that don't require setting my hair into any sort of pattern in the winter.
-will hopefully have convinced my dog that it really isn't fun to play in mama's hair because it really hurts. XP
-will stand on the pier in rain storms & feel like a water nymph. (Yes, I'm rather fond of elves & other mythological creatures)
-will wear my hand made hair sticks and hair toys that are too big for my hair at present.
-will still hear comments from my family about finding "16 foot long pieces of hair" floating about the house.
-will have gotten rid of my tragicly damaged ends and have a beautiful set of layers starting at mid thigh so that my ends don't puff, but taper into controlled fairy tale ends.
-will have to remember not to sit on it and give myself whiplash.
-will wear it in a braid down my back secured with a ribbon that matches my outfit every day.

ScarlettAdelle
September 10th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I will pretend to be Venus in Botticelli's Birth of Venus (at home in the privacy of my room)

Hah! I was going to say that but I omitted it for fear of sounding wierd! Glad to see I'm not the only one!

To my list I would like to add, "swing my braid around like a nunchuck and pretend to be a ninja"

missjessiecakes
September 10th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I will leave it loose curly and flowing for my wedding. (seriously poofy princess dress, long curly princess hair, circlet and lace veil) All I can say is squee.

I am joining the nice picture crowd. :D

HintOfMint
September 10th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Hah! I was going to say that but I omitted it for fear of sounding wierd! Glad to see I'm not the only one!

To my list I would like to add, "swing my braid around like a nunchuck and pretend to be a ninja"

OOh the nunchuck thing is a good one! I'd like to use my hair as a weapon, or at least be able to.

Alas, about the Venus thing, I don't think I'll ever grow my hair that long. But I think I'll try to do it at tailbone. I'm still deciding whether I want hip or tailbone as my goal length.

He is
September 11th, 2010, 01:26 AM
I don't even know what I want to do with my hair when it gets long. I just can't wait until it does though.

Lianna
September 11th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Make a side braid.

May
September 11th, 2010, 09:42 AM
I will wake up in the morning and my hair will look messy and sexy instead of just messy ;)

I will be able to wash my hair and leave the house without having to style it with a blowdryer, hairpins, flatiron etc... (can't wait)...just wash and go :cloud9:

I will be cozy in the winter and wear cute winter hats :heartbeat

I will feel more comfortable and at peace with myself again.

Arianwen
September 11th, 2010, 09:50 AM
When my hair is freakishly long, I will be able to do updos I can't at my current length.

tierra11
February 5th, 2011, 02:05 AM
i will finally be at peace with my unruly hair!!!

cierra11
February 5th, 2011, 02:07 AM
i will have to pull my hair up to reach my ends (swoon)
i will look like a panting

Una
February 5th, 2011, 04:08 AM
I will be able to do a heidi braid with one long braid, instead of two shorter braids! :D

LocustSpawning
February 5th, 2011, 04:24 AM
I will swish it around like I'm on a Pantene advert... :D

wendy51
February 5th, 2011, 04:50 AM
When i will have long hair, i will let them loose often,swing it in the air, do wonderful braids ><, ect..

rena
February 5th, 2011, 09:05 AM
The siggie says it all:

nucleardelusion
February 5th, 2011, 09:15 AM

That's the sort of thing that little girl me used to think about all of the time. :D I need to get myself strands of pearls in preparation :D.

rose.grace
February 5th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Won't have to worry about all the flippy bits looking weird.

....will post a thread loaded with pics for all my friends at LHC!

I will tie my hair in a knot and still have a ponytail.

Have a professional photography session done.

I will have my long, gorgeous hair even if I don't have my youthful skin and looks...wear flowers in my hair... just enjoy it!

I will be cozy in the winter and wear cute winter hats :heartbeat I will feel more comfortable and at peace with myself again.

i will finally be at peace with my unruly hair!!!

... and High-Five Crystal Gale :cool:

apfelblumen
February 5th, 2011, 09:31 AM
when i have long hair i will make the effort to wear it down! if you've got the length, why not show it off? C:

Fethenwen
February 5th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I will wear my hair in an Avatar braid :D

jujube
February 5th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Will wear my hair in a Lara Croft French braid, and always flick it around to show it off. Look at me, people! Look at my hair! :D

Chamy
February 5th, 2011, 10:38 AM
When i have long hair i...

will trim off taper and the last of my outgrowing bangs

will sport a HUGE bun on top of my head

will braid my hair and have it thick all the way down to the tassle

will sunbathe naked with only my hair as a cover :D

Becky Safari
February 5th, 2011, 03:00 PM
When I have long hair I will

Take my hair down and shake it out just for fun all the time
Have a thick U shaped hemline
Use my braid as a weapon

GuardGirl
February 5th, 2011, 03:23 PM

*Relish in the "my, what long beautiful hair you have!" comments
*Feel more womanly
*Absolutely LOVE the feeling of my wet hair plastered to my lower back when I'm in the shower
*Never ever ever cut it short again! :)

RocketDog
February 5th, 2011, 06:57 PM
. . . enjoy it :)

Bubbleguppy
February 5th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I will finally be able to do awesome buns with it! This is a big dream of mine.

Henrietta
February 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Again, I will wear it down in windy days. Not to get tangles:D I don't mean storms. Just slightly windy days, because I love the feeling of my hair flying around. LOVE. Few days ago we had wind in Toruń. I almost took my hair down. But I decided that I'll wait. For hip length, at least.
And the wind became horrible during past few days. Broken trees etc.

Henrietta
February 24th, 2017, 06:49 AM
I'd live to give my old thread a new life :)

But! Since there's this First Conditional grammar mistake in the title, I'd like to ask a mod to correct it. (In Polish, both parts of such conditional sentences are in the future, hence the bad structure.)

I can't wait for long hair photoshoots :) To enjoy the pictures, I'll also need to thicken up my hemline, but that shouldn't take too long. I'm 7.5 cm (3") away from my goal! I can almost see it! And then I'll trim the extra length once or twice and the ends should be much better already.

So, when I have long hair I will take lots of fun pictures outside!

neko_kawaii
February 24th, 2017, 06:56 AM
I fixed the ellipses as well. . .

When I have long hair I will find shed hairs mysteriously woven through all my sweaters.

Alissalocks
February 24th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I'd live to give my old thread a new life :)

I can't wait for long hair photoshoots :) To enjoy the pictures, I'll also need to thicken up my hemline, but that shouldn't take too long. I'm 7.5 cm (3") away from my goal! I can almost see it! And then I'll trim the extra length once or twice and the ends should be much better already.

So, when I have long hair I will take lots of fun pictures outside! Oh Henrietta! Knowing you started this thread years ago, please lie to me and tell me you're at those goals you set so long ago! (Three inches seems quite do-able to me too).

I keep reminding myself that this will take many years, but I prefer to pretend it won't be so bad, the waiting....

-Wear it down, to remember why I bothered growing it in the first place
-Dance with my hair loose, no matter how sweaty I get or where it sticks to me
-Relish the way it tickles me as it grows

I'd say I'll take photos too, as I have some scheduled in June and am hoping for nice, waist length curls by then. Even though I won't be nearly done growing.

vampyyri
February 24th, 2017, 08:03 AM

-Wear it down in the summertime to get my yearly sunkissed look to my hair
-Swim with it down and pretend that I'm a mermaid :p
-Be sure to have lots of photos taken in my favorite places (by the lake, in the woods)

Basically by summer I'll be doing all of these things :D

Mrstran
February 24th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Have a V hemline and layers.
Rock my waves with my hair down
Wear my flower clips and headbands again
Finally do my favorite hairstyle, a pull through braid! :joy:

SwanFeathers
February 24th, 2017, 09:05 AM
Get to see what my unique color looks like as I age, and get to be that old lady with repunzel hair.

OhSuzi
February 24th, 2017, 09:50 AM
wear nothing but my hair!

Henrietta
February 24th, 2017, 11:23 AM
neko_kawaii, thank you for fixing the title :)
Alissalocks, I don't even have to lie! For example the last post I wrote here, the one about waiting until my hair hits hip length? Done that! :) Things happen. They really, really do, as time goes on. In 2010 I'd look at long-term members who grew their hair from relatively short to super long and I couldn't imagine this happening to me, though I wanted it so much. I couldn't imagine waiting all those years. Now they just passed. And I'm almost at my final goal.

I have to collect ideas! Swimming with hair down, yasss!

Cg
February 24th, 2017, 11:44 AM
...air dry it in the warm summer breeze. Already I do this, but the longer it grows, the more delightful the feel.

- Lizzy -
February 24th, 2017, 01:06 PM
since I haven't ever had long hair I am so curious what is would feel like to have hair draped on your bare back (I sometimes bend backward so my hair tickles my back and it feels good actually). I would probably cloak myself in my hair (on another note do you do this if, you have long hair) or wear my hair in an odd fashion to turn heads (That could be fun right?)
I also want to do cartwheels with my hair flying everywhere and go to the beach with my hair down.

Katia_k
February 24th, 2017, 01:39 PM
-Experience an enormous sense of relief that my fear of being stuck at bsl forever was, in fact, not real.

-Swim with it down and lovely henna red and really feel like a sea creature...at least once before I remember how terrible it was to swim with hair down.
-Truly surprise people when I do a bun drop, even if my curls will make it stick in a weird shape. I desperately just want the reaction of "holy crap I ha no idea your hair was so long!"
-Really be able to pull my braid over my shoulder and have it hang down my front.

Alissalocks
February 24th, 2017, 02:29 PM
Alissalocks, I don't even have to lie! For example the last post I wrote here, the one about waiting until my hair hits hip length? Done that! :) Things happen. They really, really do, as time goes on. In 2010 I'd look at long-term members who grew their hair from relatively short to super long and I couldn't imagine this happening to me, though I wanted it so much. I couldn't imagine waiting all those years. Now they just passed. And I'm almost at my final goal.

I have to collect ideas! Swimming with hair down, yasss! Yay!! :cheer: I know the time will pass anyways, but now that I'm so hair-aware, it makes the growing seem so slow. But then I remind myself that this isn't even my first full year of LHC care, so I have a long way to go and need to just. Wait. :meditate:

Britok
February 24th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Feel prettier on my wedding day :o

- Lizzy -
February 24th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Get to see what my unique color looks like as I age, and get to be that old lady with repunzel hair.
I want to be an old lady with long hair so bad. Old women seem to always cut off their hair so short and its refreshing when you see a women of old age with long locks (And id say its a bonus when all your hair turns silver or white because then you look like a fairy! :magic:)

gthlvrmx
February 24th, 2017, 04:56 PM
I will wear it down here and there when I go out and sometimes go out with a bun and then do a bun drop and see if I get any reactions :p Just for fun. I'd love to go walking in the wind or in a car with the hair trailing behind me. I want to stand over a balcony and let my hair hang over the edge while I look out to the horizon over the city or sunset in the ocean or something like that. I will braid my hair and wear it out that way some days for fun. :) There's most likely a bit more I want to do, but for this thread, that's it.

trolleypup
February 25th, 2017, 06:57 AM
No conditional about it...but most of the recent goals are pretty nice...did a whole series of them at a secluded hot spring (soft sulfury water next to a river side).

pandabarrier
February 25th, 2017, 09:28 AM
My layers will be longer, I'll be able to make a decent braid without layers sticking out.

meteor
February 25th, 2017, 12:11 PM
WOW! :bigeyes: Reading this thread made me realize that there are sooooo many fun things that I guess I could theoretically do with long hair, but never actually allow myself to do, mostly for fear of tangles (and possibly weird reactions from other people)... In fact, a lot of the fun things mentioned on this thread are the exact kinds of things I'd do if I went much shorter. For example, when I imagine cutting hair short, I think about how I can go running with it loose, I can go swimming with it loose, I can just let people run hands through it, I can wear it down in a car with windows open, I can style it in crazy complex braids, I can toss it around and overbrush it, overstyle it without a worry... It feels strange that the longer it got, the less permissive I became. :hmm: Does anybody else feel this way?

parkmikii
February 25th, 2017, 01:14 PM
WOW! :bigeyes: Reading this thread made me realize that there are sooooo many fun things that I guess I could theoretically do with long hair, but never actually allow myself to do, mostly for fear of tangles (and possibly weird reactions from other people)... In fact, a lot of the fun things mentioned on this thread are the exact kinds of things I'd do if I went much shorter. For example, when I imagine cutting hair short, I think about how I can go running with it loose, I can go swimming with it loose, I can just let people run hands through it, I can wear it down in a car with windows open, I can style it in crazy complex braids, I can toss it around and overbrush it, overstyle it without a worry... It feels strange that the longer it got, the less permissive I became. :hmm: Does anybody else feel this way?

Definitely! I didn't wear my hair down in over a year and a half...

Komao
February 25th, 2017, 02:35 PM
I'm with you meteor. It sounds like fun but for me the reality would be tangles & that's no fun. Even styles I did at WL are no longer possible as my hair is just shy of or at CL now. I find simply styles and buns best for most of the time. I guess the payoff is long, healthy hair. I use to romanticize how it would be with long hair too & have found most of it, out of the question for my hair type. Oh well:)

marvel-lover
February 25th, 2017, 06:48 PM
I will run through my waterpark in my lifeguard suit with my hair down and feel majestic and powerful. I've done this before, but with shorter hair. You feel like Bay-Watch! :disco:

MsPharaohMoan
February 25th, 2017, 09:11 PM

Totally, but sometimes you just gotta promise yourself a good gentle detangling session then throw caution to the (hopefully metaphorical) wind.

_fred_
February 26th, 2017, 03:47 AM

- know enough to look after it properly (I hope!).
- do my hair like a LOTR elf/fairytale princess etc.
- take my stylist up on her offer to show me how to do a butterfly braid.
- make an effort to enjoy the length at every stage.
- learn how to put my hair in a bun and fasten it with a hair stick or a pen, and then enjoy shaking it out whenever I feel like it.

TatsuOni
February 26th, 2017, 05:14 AM
-Enjoy big buns.
-Learn more hairstyles.
-Sometimes wear it loose.

abribun
February 26th, 2017, 06:36 AM

- be super duper happy
- do a lot of heatless waves/curls
- feel 10x more confident
- have virgin hair (hopefully my bleached ends will be grown out all of the way)
- have my bangs grown out
- have long hair that is still wavy and voluminous!

I can't wait until this day comes! It'll probably be 2 years until it can be called "long", and 3 until I'm happy with the length!

Auburndreaming
February 26th, 2017, 07:12 AM
When I have long hair I will

- have no more dyed hair left
- have no more bangs
- wear my hair in a centre parting
- wear braid waves most of the time, I wear braid waves often now, but can't wait to have long braid waves!

I'm hoping to one day have virgin waist length hair, with my bangs grown out at least past chin length, i'd love to try more half up styles too as they always look so pretty!

Aredhel
February 26th, 2017, 08:11 AM
When I have long hair (I know I already do but I'm thinking goal length :p ) I would love to get some kind of hair photoshoot. Always wanted one but my hair has never been healthy enough to show off. :o

Kake
February 26th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Have a U shaped hemline.
Or maybe a V shape.
Or fairytails.

I'm looking forward to my quandry.

hanne jensen
February 26th, 2017, 09:16 AM
When I reach my goal of knee I will:

Wear it down sometimes for the Wow effect.
Wear a braid wrapped around my head. This has been a dream since I was 3 years old.
Wear huge updos and know that all this hair is mine. Mwhaaa.

truepeacenik
February 26th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Unironically post in threads titled: When I have long hair.

Most posters here already have long hair, to the general public.
Being here warps your view. At least for yourself.
My acquaintance with BSL has long hair yet I, at almost knee, barely see my own hair as long, because I'm focused on longer.

Henrietta
February 28th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Unironically post in threads titled: When I have long hair.

Most posters here already have long hair, to the general public.
Being here warps your view. At least for yourself.
My acquaintance with BSL has long hair yet I, at almost knee, barely see my own hair as long, because I'm focused on longer.

Yep. That's common in our members, I think. But then, aren't many such things a matter of perspective? A lot of money (a hundred or ten million?). High heels (I know people for whom 9 cm/3.6" is an everyday shoe and "high" heels are 12 cm/4" or more). Getting up early (3am or 8am?) etc.
I often hear sentences such as "but why do you want your hair so long, you say you want it "long" but "long" is waist. You don't need more to have hair than can be called long."
Oh yes, I do ;)

I remember one more thing!
When I have long hair, I will make crowns from an English braid wrapped around my head. Because I do love the lace Dutch one. But I also like my extra 10 minutes of sleep :D

littlestarface
February 28th, 2017, 11:59 AM

I think me n u are twins in length, wave and spiderwebby hair so yes I can relate. The longer my hair becomes the more I wanna and feel the need to inprison it. Case in point a small story.

The other day I was watering the lawn and wetting down the house and I my hair was loose one of the only times I actually let him loose the little conartist but oh my god my hair was everywhere getting tangled around my wrists, in the hose, between my legs cuz the dam wind. I bet it looked pretty flowing in the wind to a bystander but to me omg it was hell and sooo annoying and when I came inside my hair was so piecy and looked dry :|. Hair was contained so fast with my ficcare and hasnt been released since LOL.