PDA

View Full Version : Wait, curls? What?

Tabihito
July 28th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I rather thought I'd gotten a handle on my whole wave thing. Then something bizarre happened a short while ago when I got out of my shower. I'd used an ACV rinse, which is unusual for me, because it'd been sitting in my fridge for about two weeks and I just wanted to get it out of there without wasting it.

I was airdrying for a length check when my hair's in its natural state, which is rare as I wear it up frequently, so after showering I just put on some clothes and put a towel between my shirt and hair so I don't end up all wet. Same as I always do. Then I went back into the bathroom to clean it, and looked over at the mirror.

It was like my hair had exploded, comparatively speaking. I usually get some substantial wave, with the very front making a ringlet or two, but right now most of my hair is forming what is very definitely spiral curls. At this point in the drying stage, it's usually mostly straight, just starting to pull up into waves.

Confused doesn't even describe how I felt when I saw that.

What in the world could be at the root of this? :confused: I've heard very good things about ACV rinses, but never once anything about them bringing out apparently extremely well-hidden curls. Or is it just the aggregate effect of being extremely kind to my hair over the past month or so and the moisture is just finally catching up with me?

Whatever it is, I hope it's here to stay. If it stays like this as it dries, and if my hair does it again the next few times I wash, I'll somehow have gotten the hair I always wanted. :cheese:

Hotrox
July 28th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Is it dry yet? Are they still there?

I have no explanation and have no idea if if could be the ACV, perhaps others will have some words of advice on this......

OperaTeacherMom
July 28th, 2010, 11:17 PM
ACV definitely brings out my full curl potential, not sure about bringing out "hidden" curls though. Let us know how it dries!

Marjolein
July 29th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Is it dry yet? Is it dry yet? Is it dry yet? Anxiously awaiting pictures here!

Henrietta
July 29th, 2010, 05:12 AM
Fantastic thing! :) Accidentaly you have a hair you've always wanted. Miracles happen:)

*Aoife*
July 29th, 2010, 05:58 AM
ACV makes my hair curlier but it gets greasier faster as the downside.

I love unexpected curldom though :D

laurathexplora
July 29th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Coming to the LHC brought out my waves. I always thought I had stick straight hair. You should have your hair talk to mine, teach it a few tricks. I would do anything to have curly hair, short of a perm that is ;)

Medievalmaniac
July 29th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Pictures!!!!! :eyebrows:

Alvrodul
July 29th, 2010, 06:42 AM
If an ACV rinse could bring curls to my straight hair, I wouldn't have needed to spend $$ on perms when I was younger:p

How wonderful for you to get those curls you have always wanted!:)

GRU
July 29th, 2010, 07:24 AM
I'm guessing it's a "perfect storm" situation of increased summertime humidity levels, excellent moisture infusion from your conditioner, and bringing back the ideal pH level to your hair.

And yeah.... we DEFINITELY need pictures....

spidermom
July 29th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Maybe you've finally reached enough length for curls to form. Increased length brought out curls for me. Until about APL, my hair looked bushy. At APL and beyond, the bush turned into spiral curls.

Tabihito
July 29th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Well, they stayed, even after I slept on them! Of course, the back where I slept on it was a frizzy mess so I put it up anyhow, but still! I'm hoping for a repeat performance when I wash my hair again tonight, since it could have been a freaky one-time thing.

Anyhow, I don't currently have a camera, as mine refuses to charge right now. Can't even get the pictures on it off the memory card. However, hopefully I'll be able to bum one off my friend when I drive with her to the wedding tomorrow. Assuming it happens again, at least.

I'm still confused. But happy. It also finally convinced my mom to try some of the things I've been doing. She's got similar hair to me, somewhat wavy, not very thick, and almost obscenely frizzy if you do things wrong. And just like her, I also had mostly straight hair up until puberty, when I started looking like I'd been electrocuted every time I brushed my hair. Hers is much, much coarser than mine, but other properties are mostly the same. And my little sister's is just like mine, only more damaged due to chlorine as she swims year-round. So minor differences, but I'm hoping what works for me will at least be able to help my sister, save her from yield-sign-head during her teenage years.