PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Woman - hair and VERY matching accessories

Merlin
July 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
How about this from one of the old Linda Carter Wonder Woman episodes?

http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp315/merlin_LHC/picturesForThreads/wwHair2.jpg

Notice how her hair ribbon, choker and dress all co-ordinate, in fact they pretty much match. Would anybody outside a studio wardrobe department be that organized when they get dressed? Especially as in this episode she's staying in a hotel so she's supposed to have packed that logically..

It's a nice outfit though.

LittleOrca
July 28th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I've tried to make my hair toy, jewelry, and outfit match from time to time, but most of the time I just don't care and wear what I want. :D She looks nice though.

Darkhorse1
July 28th, 2010, 03:37 PM
LOVE the glasses ;)

Laurenji
July 28th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't be that matching, but you can bet your life my DH would if he wore that many accessories. He wears a lot of baseball hats, and they ALWAYS have to match his shirt. And his shoes. I swear he wants to buy shoes more than I do just so he can have a pair that will match a certain shirt. LOL.

constantki
July 28th, 2010, 04:02 PM
If her glasses were purple with flowers this would be even better!
I never coordinate my outfits at all, I'm too lazy :/

Honestwitness
July 28th, 2010, 04:20 PM
I try to color coordinate. I purchase silver snap clips and paint them with different colors of nail polish to match my outfits.

pineconejg
July 28th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't be that matching, but you can bet your life my DH would if he wore that many accessories. He wears a lot of baseball hats, and they ALWAYS have to match his shirt. And his shoes. I swear he wants to buy shoes more than I do just so he can have a pair that will match a certain shirt. LOL.

I thought my husband was the only one like that LOL!

sibiryachka
July 28th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Merlin, bonus points: Did you notice that she's wearing a chignon, the Hairstyle of the Month? Placed high, to be sure, but still a chignon!
If it were me packing that dress, you may be sure I'd have packed the matching accessories, btw. I once had a friend say of me on one of those "how well do you know X?" quizzes that one of the first things she noticed about me was how my hair accessories and jewelry *always* coordinated with my outfit. My mother was so proud when I told her that.

tanya222
July 28th, 2010, 04:38 PM
I was going to ask what kind of hair style that was! Wasn't sure if it was some type of bun or other, because it doesn't look twisted at all, just looks like a bubble of hair :)

Culdayne
July 28th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Merlin, I just have to say this brought a huge smile to my face.

I used to watch that series when I was little, and was always bummed that my parents wouldn't buy me the Wonder Woman outfit. :D

pepperminttea
July 28th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I try to colour coordinate, but I don't go to that extreme (except perhaps for a formal outfit, definitely not everyday though). It's really quite impressive! :)

sibiryachka
July 28th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I must admit I've slacked off considerably now that I'm not reporting to the office every day!

Gypsy
July 28th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I love Wonder Woman.
so funny you posted this as my WW emblem vinyl decals for my car came yesterday and I'm putting them on in a little while, lol!

ravenreed
July 28th, 2010, 05:29 PM
I have a friend who really does match everything. Jewelry, socks, the whole thing. So it is plausible.

heynormy
July 28th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I love her style, too bad I'm not the matching type of person!! I do LOVE the hair and glasses!

1953Diygal
July 28th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Back in the early '90s, I worked at Contempo Casuals (now-defunct SUPER trendy young womens' clothing boutique). They trained us to suggestive-sell matching scrunchies, headbands, and socks whenever someone would buy one of our cotton t-shirts. (Thank goat for my college education!!!! I loathed working retail. )

ETA:
BTW, I totally WORSHIPPED Wonder Woman back in the '70s. I remember it came on Sunday nights after 60 Minutes. I would go have my bath during 60 Minutes and then hunker down for Wonder Woman. Somewhere in my photos, there is a pic of me on Christmas Day (77 or 78 ) and my Wonder Woman doll. That was the one thing I wanted for Christmas that year and I got it!!! Maybe I'll post it if I'm feeling sassy.

Anje
July 28th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I suppose some folks really are that coordinated, but I just do my best not to utterly clash. (And probably fail at that a decent portion of the time.)

I'm a bit to young to remember Wonder Woman, but DH (he's 33) had a crush on her as a kid.

Sissy
July 28th, 2010, 07:24 PM
she is really too cute, i love the matching accessories!

TrudieCat
July 28th, 2010, 07:43 PM
I worked with a woman who always matched her eye shadow to at least one item of clothing she was wearing that day - often more than one item - for example, her sweater and her shoes. I don't mean brown or burgundy colors, either. I mean like bright yellow, aqua, lime green, that sort of thing. She always made me smile. :) As did this picture. :D

ravenreed
July 28th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I am just slightly evil enough that I will purposely wear something that clashes and see who squirms as I go about my day.

I suppose some folks really are that coordinated, but I just do my best not to utterly clash. (And probably fail at that a decent portion of the time.)

I'm a bit to young to remember Wonder Woman, but DH (he's 33) had a crush on her as a kid.

Gypsy
July 28th, 2010, 11:24 PM
Back in the early '90s, I worked at Contempo Casuals (now-defunct SUPER trendy young womens' clothing boutique). They trained us to suggestive-sell matching scrunchies, headbands, and socks whenever someone would buy one of our cotton t-shirts. (Thank goat for my college education!!!! I loathed working retail. )

Oooh.. I remember contempo Casuals. They rocked! It was CC, Merry Go Round and Jay Jacobs- they RULED the mall!

Gypsy
July 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM

Then I bet you didn't see Isis and Electra Woman and Dyna Girl!!!
The whole "Strong Capable Women" super heroes were the best!

Ooooh, and let me find a picture of Isis...

ETA: Wonder Woman-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/LaMermaid/WW.jpg
Isis-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/LaMermaid/isis.jpg
Electra Woman and Dyna Girl (yes, Electra Woman was Deirde Hall from Days OF Our Lives)-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/LaMermaid/ewdg13.jpg
How could we not love those fancy stylin' butt-kicking women?!

Phexlyn
July 29th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Lovely picture :)
I also try to colour coordinate (which does not necessarily mean matching colours); for some hairtoys I also have matching earrings but I don't always wear them together.

There are those rebellious days though when I just want to go for something bold - never mind the colour clash.

Alaia
July 29th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Hey Isis is cool.

I don't completely match my stuff. Usually it's just a colour theme that I go with, so that I don't look absolutely hideous. But my boxwood sticks, for example, I pretty much wear with anything. Sometimes I wear a radically different colour of hairtoy just to make it stand out.

Othala
July 29th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Like Wonder Woman, I am always colour co-ordinated. Unlike Wonder Woman I can't run in heels.

sibiryachka
July 30th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Isis FTW! Man, I LOVED that show... it totally fed my Ancient Egypt obsession.

renarok
July 30th, 2010, 09:27 AM
I am guilty of obsessive accessory coordination. I usually have hair, earring, and necklace coordinated with my clothes.

Blandine
July 30th, 2010, 06:34 PM
I love matching outfits. It's so stylish. And so easy - if you know that set x perfectly matches clothing item y, you don't have to think for hours what accessoires to wear with clothing item y but just grab the right ones.

A friend of my parents', a wonderful, very sophisticated old lady, even used to wrap the gifts in paper and ribbons that matched the colours of her outfit when she went to visit someone. Amazing. She is my model.

My "fun set" is a red polka-dot bandana, red polka-dot socks, and a little red polka-dot handbag. To be worn with plain dark pants and either a plain navy shirt/sweater, navy and white, or the black and white shirt with a fine red stripe on the sleeves.

AZDesertRose
July 30th, 2010, 08:44 PM
My grandmother was one of those super-coordinated ladies. She never left her house unless her shoes and handbag matched her outfit. When we cleaned out her house after she died, the number of shoes and handbags we found was mindblowing.

My mother is fairly coordinated but doesn't bother much now that she's retired.

I can do it if I want to but much of the time I just can't be bothered to fool with it.

I loved Wonder Woman and Isis. I actually had an Isis doll but I don't know what happened to her. For some reason Electra Woman and Dyna Girl never registered on my radar. Dating myself, I know. I'm 34, born in 1976.

Katurday
July 30th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I worked with a woman who always matched her eye shadow to at least one item of clothing she was wearing that day - often more than one item - for example, her sweater and her shoes. I don't mean brown or burgundy colors, either. I mean like bright yellow, aqua, lime green, that sort of thing. She always made me smile. :) As did this picture. :D
:shrug: I am so that lady. Granted, it doesn't look THAT crazy if I do a cat eye...Juuust crazy enough.

UncommonTart
July 30th, 2010, 09:13 PM
I try to match my hair accessories to my clothes. I pretty much wear the same pair of plain silver hoops every day (Stuart Nye backward loops, how I love thee...) but if I wear anything else, I will make a special effort to match it to my clothes and hair accessories. And when I wear any of my NightBlooming sticks that have matching earrings, I wear them instead of my hoops.

I sometimes have a hard time packing for trips. I really like to travel light, and I try to limit myself to one or two pieces that go wth everything, but sometimes it's hard to wade through the sticks (and jewelry) that that I want but don't really need to take just because they match that one dress so perfectly...

Tressie
July 30th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I really like it!! I just wish my neck (among other things) was that skinny! LOL!

Jasperine
July 31st, 2010, 03:58 AM
She looks really good! I def try and match my hair with my clothes - not that much, but still. I'll wear a hairband in the same colour of something else I wear and so on!