PDA

View Full Version : HELP! most hair friendly updo's?

Maverick494
July 28th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Hi guys,

The hairdresser came by yesterday and chopped off 2 inches of my hair.:( It was needed because the ends were pretty dead and the hemline was thin there. Now I'm back at 28 inches with a very thick hemline. :) I'm working my way down to waist and I want to get there with the least amount of damage possible.
Does anyone know some simple hairfriendly updo's? Preferably ones that hold for most of the day I want to quit messing around so much with hair elastics and fasteners (because I'm not any good at it:D).
My hair is halfway down my back, past BSL.

Also this is my hair routine: can anyone give me feedback on it?
- comb it with my Braun Iontec brush 3 times a day (I got this as a present last week and I have to say it actually works! My hair is less frizzy and detangles quicklier. I will put a review up with pics soon.)
- Wash scalp twice a week or more, and condition the rest.
- I deep condition when needed (sometimes once a week, sometimes less frequent.) Which in my case means lying in bed with a shower cap, smelling like coconut from the conditioner.
- I have to say I wear my hair down most of the time during the day. Which isn't a good thing, but that's why I need your help

Thanks in advance for your help!

Marjolein
July 28th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Hey, you have a great excuse to go buy some hairtoys!! I'd recommend trying some hairstick updo's. The lazy wrap bun and the pencil bun are the first things that come to my mind. Just go to the hairstyles section and figure out which styles works for you.

Lazy wrap bun:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm169/savuinen/?action=view&current=j001.flv

Pencil bun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0k3dD4qX34

Maverick494
July 28th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Thank you Marjolein! Great stuff. I immediately tried the lazy wrap bun and it's really nice. It's so tight I think I might actually be able to exercise with it. :)

Any others?

OtiggerificO
July 28th, 2010, 04:38 AM
There's a good list of everyday easy styles here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51957&highlight=everyday

My personal favourite is a Gibson tuck with a hair band over it all to hold it in place while I bounce around a classroom.

LouLaLa
July 28th, 2010, 06:03 AM
The sock bun really is great. If you roll it enough times you dont need pins either (but I do have fine hair so I dont have weight dragging at my roots). I havent expereinced damage and im getting less shedding from wearing my hair up like this, I think its because the ends are tucked away.

Plus because its relatively fuss free you can carry the sock roll about like a spare scrunchie and just throw your hair up into what looks like a pretty professional do', and its free to try as long as you have an odd sock about :p

triumphator!
July 28th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Gibson Tucks and sock buns, and, of course, braids!

elina333
July 28th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Hair sticks are great! And buns are very kind on the hair so a bun secured with a hair stick! :D And braids are good too...