PDA

View Full Version : He squeezed my bun!

serious
July 27th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Long story short, my dentist asked me to do some X rays, there was this nice young technician, he asked me to take off all the metal things like jewels, eyeglasses and hair pins..

My hair was in a sock bun with a wooden hairfork I added just for decoration. I told him that the fork was made of wood but he insisted that I take it out of my head which I did, and, of course, the bun stayed in place. While I was putting off my glasses the guy just grabbed my bun and SQUEEZED it like it was a sponge or something!!!

I was so shocked and I couldn't say a word! Well, he realized that what he did was extremely rude and he started apologizing. He just couldn't believe that the hair can stay up in a bun without any hairpins to hold it!

Well, now he KNOWS !!!:silly:

Jenn of Pence
July 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Oh no, I'm going to the dentist next week...I hadn't considered the ramifications of wearing my hair up! Thanks for the PSA, hehe. ;)

In all seriousness, that was indeed a pretty weird thing for him to do. At least he evidently also came to that conclusion after he did it and apologized. :)

Gumball
July 27th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Bun magic does weird things to people I guess! It is really good that he realized his error immediately and hopped on the apology train. It still wouldn't have hurt if he just asked about how it stayed up versus taking it into his own hands. :p

LouLaLa
July 27th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Haha! He must think its part of female mystery. Although it was rude to touch it, its sort of great that you entranced him like that :P

I think people think that such a hairdo takes hours to achive or meters of hair, it is a very very elegant do, ive also had people not bellive that I did my hair myself, I dont really like spoiling the magic of telling them it took me less than a minute and a holey old sock.

Hehe im still giggling, it sounds like a situation Charlotte woud get into in SATC!

vampyriccadence
July 27th, 2010, 01:46 PM
*giggles* That is such a funny story. I probably wouldn't have been able to stop myself from making a dirty joke. Who says you can't fight fire with fire?

Kome
July 27th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hahahaha. That's hilarious! I bet he was super embarrassed, but I guess your "buns" are just tempting! Hahahahaha!

serious
July 27th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Bun magic does weird things to people I guess!

Ha,ha, you're right! :D

serious
July 27th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Hahahaha. That's hilarious! I bet he was super embarrassed, but I guess your "buns" are just tempting! Hahahahaha!

You should have seen him :D
Priceless !!!!

akrasia
July 27th, 2010, 02:03 PM
I'm glad he had the grace to be embarassed afterwards. What the heck? You don't just grab someone's hair!

Darkhorse1
July 27th, 2010, 02:05 PM
Actually, he may have done that for safety reasons. It's ingrained in any tech to make sure there is NO metal--to a fault. I remember once getting an Xray and the woman asked me if I might be pregnant, but I didn't hear her. So, she kept asking me 'you're sure, right? You couldn't be pregnant' and I finally said 'unless you believe in immaculate conception, we're good ' ;) She laughed and then let it go.

So, I think he did this as a safety feature and the apologizing was he probably realized that there was no pins in it. I mean, guys don't really get the magic of long hair (those who are guys with short hair that is)

bumblebums
July 27th, 2010, 02:08 PM
That's hilarious. The thread title got me before I even read the story :)

They really x-ray your whole head at the dentist's? In the US, a dentist's x-ray just targets a small area of your mouth and never gets anywhere near your bun. I usually just put my hair in a bun on the top of my head so it's not in the way of leaning on the dentist chair.

serious
July 27th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Actually, he may have done that for safety reasons. It's ingrained in any tech to make sure there is NO metal--to a fault. I remember once getting an Xray and the woman asked me if I might be pregnant, but I didn't hear her. So, she kept asking me 'you're sure, right? You couldn't be pregnant' and I finally said 'unless you believe in immaculate conception, we're good ' ;) She laughed and then let it go.

So, I think he did this as a safety feature and the apologizing was he probably realized that there was no pins in it. I mean, guys don't really get the magic of long hair (those who are guys with short hair that is)

Yes, I understood the safety reason, but I told him clearly that there was no metal on my head! If he wasn't sure, he should have asked, I'd be glad to explain him everything, as I did afterwards :)

rags
July 27th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Oh, this made me giggle! While it's good he apologized, it just makes me laugh to think of someone so fascinated that they would actually do that. I would have loved to have seen his face when he realized what he'd done!

Your user name should be "Serious, of the Entrancing buns"! :rollin:

serious
July 27th, 2010, 02:19 PM
That's hilarious. The thread title got me before I even read the story :)

They really x-ray your whole head at the dentist's? In the US, a dentist's x-ray just targets a small area of your mouth and never gets anywhere near your bun. I usually just put my hair in a bun on the top of my head so it's not in the way of leaning on the dentist chair.

Well, not the whole head, just a panoramic scanning of the upper and lower jaw.
It is called orthopantogram :)

xovictoryxo
July 27th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Hahah i dont mean to laugh but I find it hilarious, (no bun intented)
I would have been shocked/pissed at first but then I would have had to laugh.
no bun squeezing please!! lol

serious
July 27th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Your user name should be "Serious, of the Entrancing buns"! :rollin:

Oh, I'll have to remember this, once I reach 1000 posts :D

CaityBear
July 27th, 2010, 02:29 PM
That's too funny.

In class the one day I didn't have any hair pins and I wanted my hair up so I just put it up in a bun and wound the ends really tight so the bun stayed on it's own and then went back to writing notes or whatever. Well, the girl next to me had been watching me and was amazed. She fully expected me to shove a pencil in or a hair pin and her jaw just dropped and she was like "Wha...wha....huh?" lol It was soo funny.

mellie
July 27th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Haha, "Entrancing Buns" is definitely awesome for a Custom User Title, Serious!! :D

bumblebums
July 27th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Or, "serious, whose buns defy gravity!"

tinti
July 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Hahah, that's just hillarious! I get that he did it for safety reasons but what the heck?

NiAosSi
July 27th, 2010, 03:17 PM
My dentist is hot. I wished he squeezed my bun. :crush:

irishlady
July 27th, 2010, 03:19 PM
wow that's so rude!
It's hard to know how I would react in the same situation, but I don't like strangers getting very close at all let alone touching my hair. Eww.
If he really wanted to know he could have just asked.

*Aoife*
July 27th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I wouldn't mind that happening to me. My dental assistant is hot!

serious
July 27th, 2010, 03:44 PM
LOL, I'm having so much fun here!

dropinthebucket
July 27th, 2010, 03:44 PM
hee hee - what they said (was he cute??) :D

serious
July 27th, 2010, 03:47 PM
hee hee - what they said (was he cute??) :D

You naughty girl ! ;)

Rennire
July 27th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I had a stranger squeeze my sock bun just last week! I wonder what it is about them that make people want to touch?

GRU
July 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Possible subtitles for serious:

gravity-defying buns

please don't squeeze the buns (anyone remember Mr. Whipple?)

buns-of-steel

mysterious and mesmerizing buns

you won't believe our buns!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

On a more serious note, though, I'm surprised that he'd do that in this day and age... it would be sooooo easy to get into a sexual harassment/assault lawsuit over something like that!

renarok
July 27th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I am going to offer some support for the tech. I am an xray tech and I have taken lots of pictures of metal that was supposedly removed.

I have a standard pat on the back that I do to ladies to assure that yes indeed they did remove their bra when I asked them to. It may seem that I am positioning them, but in reality I am feeling for the clasps in back of the bra. An amazing number of women don't feel comfortable without a bra. I try very hard to get a good film on the first exposure.

One little bobby pin will ruin a panoramic film. There is a lot of radiation per exposure to the head, especially the thyroid, so please don't be too offended.

Sammich
July 27th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Lol! I love the title, ahh the dirty mind. :D
Poor guy, he was amazed! ;) That sounds so hilarious, haha...

serious
July 27th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I am going to offer some support for the tech. I am an xray tech and I have taken lots of pictures of metal that was supposedly removed.

I have a standard pat on the back that I do to ladies to assure that yes indeed they did remove their bra when I asked them to. It may seem that I am positioning them, but in reality I am feeling for the clasps in back of the bra. An amazing number of women don't feel comfortable without a bra. I try very hard to get a good film on the first exposure.

One little bobby pin will ruin a panoramic film. There is a lot of radiation per exposure to the head, especially the thyroid, so please don't be too offended.

Thanks, renarok, don't worry!
I'm totally aware of the danger and I'm not offended at all!
Well, I was furious at the moment, but now I just think the whole situation was hilarious :D

ravenreed
July 27th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Sneaky! But I understand why you feel the need to do this. Better to find out ahead of time than risk extra radiation to the patient, IMO.

Bluegrass Babe
July 27th, 2010, 04:31 PM
I had one of those panoramic x-ray several years ago and the tech let me keep my earrings in and my ponytail elastic with that metal crimp in the middle!

I never questioned the pony elastic (it was on top of my head and the lens thing was not quite under my ear) but I did ask if I needed to remove my earrings. I was thinking more about the lens rubbing up against them when it moved from one side to the other. She said no because they didn't dangle low enough to obscure what the doc needed to see! :rolleyes:

Natalia
September 6th, 2010, 08:06 PM
LMAO!!!! Oh my goodness i dont think ive ever heard of a funnier "at the dentist story"!!!! Maybe he couldnt help but check if it was real :p, hey better to grab that bun than the other kind ;) .

beez1717
September 7th, 2010, 01:32 AM
even though it's rude I would have thought back on the situation and laughed because my bun stayed together through a squeeze and no hair fork. rofl. I think that's silly and yet very rude.

serious
September 7th, 2010, 04:01 AM
even though it's rude I would have thought back on the situation and laughed because my bun stayed together through a squeeze and no hair fork. rofl. I think that's silly and yet very rude.

That's what I do, laugh whenever I remember this poor guy face. So funny! :D

Phexlyn
September 7th, 2010, 06:37 AM
LOL! It's very rude, but I just couldn't help laughing. I would have been extremely irritated if that had happened to me, though.

I had x-rays done at the dentist's some time ago, and the technician made me take my hair down. Apart from the fact that I was uncomfortable because my hair wasn't too freshly washed on that occasion, she was more busy collecting all of my hairpins and forgot to tell me to take out my ear stud! (I didn't think about the stud at that time because I only take it out for cleaning and except for cleaning it's been there for years and years... it's more a part of my body than a piece of jewelry ;) )

SpinDance
September 7th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I had a stranger squeeze my sock bun just last week! I wonder what it is about them that make people want to touch?

Perhaps the same thing that causes people to sometimes loose control themselves around double braids hanging down in back? The temptation to pick them up often seems to be just more than they can handle. :confused:

Henrietta
September 7th, 2010, 09:37 AM
Grrr.... You should have done the same thing with his nose. Seriously. Without saying anything. Maybe he would understand then.

Do we really have to wear hairsticks with a note "Squeezing the bun is not allowed" at the top?

Capybara
September 7th, 2010, 11:01 AM
I'm sure if I were in your shoes I wouldn't think of it as funny as I do, hearing it from the outside, but ... personally, this is sort of hilarious! (It may just be the thread title, I was almost scared to click on this thread :lol:)

I guess he was just doing his job - like renarok said - but he could have asked first. Maybe that would have been weirder though. "Ma'am, could I please squeeze your bun?" Oh, dear ..!!