PDA

View Full Version : Hair classification?

Qamar
May 17th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone.

This is probably a question that gets asked frequently, but is there some sort of a glossary of terms? In the registration the site asks for hair classification and gives these odd abbreviations but no key explaining what they mean. I checked the FAQ, but there was nothing there to address that. Wjat on earth do those obscure symbols mean? What are the other initials standing for?

I actually have no way of measuring my hair myself so I had to fill in short blips about what my length is and what my goal is. Currently my hair is about an inch and a half below my bra strap, and my goal is to grow it to hip length. Its healthy, but its killing me to avoid trimming it since I do have a lot of split ends on the bottoms, and would love to get rid of them, but don't want to give up five inches or so to accomplish that.

Thanks for any information anyone cares to share on the alphabet soup codes!

Qamar
May 17th, 2008, 02:33 PM
For clarification, I'm referring to the coding/grading for thickness, texture, etc.

As an aside, I'm really looking forward to meeting other people who know the joys and beauty of long hair, not to mention some the challenges of clogged drains and having your significant other pin you to the bed at night by rolling over onto your hair. *grin*

mira-chan
May 17th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Qamar, Welcome to LHC! :flower:

The hair typing code information is on the Mane forum of the archive.

Both the text explanations and image examples are here:
Fia's Visual Hairtyping Guide (http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html)